MAJOR CYBERSECURITY BREACH

>Equifax, one of the top three credit agencies in America, reports cybersecurity incident potentially impacting 143 MILLION US consumers.

archive.is/Di8sN

That's pretty much every single household in the U.S.

Other urls found in this thread:

zerohedge.com/news/2017-09-07/massive-data-breach-equifax-many-143-million-social-security-numbers-hacked
equifaxsecurity2017.com/potential-impact/
youtube.com/watch?v=qHcGVOJXRzI
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>That's pretty much every single household in the U.S.
stopped reading right there

of course. It's the last line in the OP.

>of course. It's the last line in the OP.

>stopped reading right there

>US flag free Sup Forums
I wish, I really do

of course. It's the last line in my post

>credit agencies
>2017
>even owning a credit card

NEET MASTER RACE AGAIN!

SUCK IT CREDITFAGS!!!

Damn it

>2017
>being a NEET/poorfag

Enjoy buying a car or house unless you pay it in full with cash.

Its fucked up. I am a home owner. I own cars. I have ONLY once had a credit card and it was ONLY to put something onto my credit report when I got the home years ago. I literally had NOTHING on it. The loan rep was confused, so I made him look out the front door at my 3 cars (2 of which were current caddilacs, 1 was classic/antique). I pointed out that I own everything that I have, and that no property owns me. So I got some gay ass credit card and used it to fill up my gas tanks...a month later I had a house, and I destroyed the credit card.

The end.

Nice larp

>tfw 60 credit cards moldering in my desk in a leatherbound briefcase next to my waifu pillow

well im screwed

>unless you pay it in full with cash.
Isn't this the best way to do things? If you can't afford something, save up for it. Don't use someone else's money.

>of course
Stopped reading righ

(checked)
>implying
>be me
>have a car, payed in cash
>will soon be able to afford a house in a rural state in cash if I really wanted to
Still out of principle I refuse to contribute to the cause of our ass backwards economy of debt and credit.

very few people can afford to buy their home with cash

credit is necessary for business and major purchases, hence the need for credit scores

Look into churning bro

So much FREE SHIT

>Nice larp
Its not a larp. You don't have to believe it lol. I got no reason to lie on Sup Forums. I have not had a credit card longer than 45 days in my entire life. I own all my cars. I put a massive cash down on my home. Lets not forget that having massive stores of cash in banks helps credit scores.

I have worked almost every day since the age of 14. I place savings ahead of spending. Sure I don't have much now because of how I bought my home and cars, but it gives me freedom of finance at a point in my life when it is essential. Last year I cared for my dying father. Money is not an issue to people who learn self control and savings. I have NEVER had the newest and best shit....I have always had thousands of dollars in savings however. My cell phone is from 2012. No sense in upgrading.

You don't have to like my lifestyle but don't be pissed that it is better than yours because of the choices I personally made.

I believe you bro, the only reason I got into churning was a situation like yours but on a smaller scale.

humongous if factual

Good, I can respect people gaming the system, don't get me wrong. At the same time for everyone that does it correctly, there are 10 people who don't understand personal finance, and having a credit card ruins their financial life for decades, or their entire lifetime.

There's a reason the most credit companies are owned by (((them))), by agreeing to their terms you're only strengthening their grip on society. Which is why I opt out of having credit. I'm not against loans necessarily, but you shouldn't have to slave away at the credit jew in order to be seen as a good goy.

Credit is essentially good goy points.

>see my 2012 cellphone and how thrifty I am?
>now look at my 3 depreciating caddies
>guess I'll take a loan (giant credit card) because I couldn't control my spending and pay cash for this house

I just cancelled my Master Card an hour ago. Now I pay a fee every month until it is solved - good riddance (5.3K$)

>tfw you were once this angsty
user, quite being a faggot stop sucking on the blackpill. Take the ironpill instead you cuntfaggot.

>I believe you bro
Part of my experience is total luck. I put about $50k down on the home...which depleated lots of my savings, but got my home payment down to a very very reasonable level....Like part time work level.

What is even more fucked up is that I aparently bought in a dip. The first few years nothing....but in the last 6 months the value has shot up over 40%. There are groups of people (paki/bhutani) that are buying homes at face value with no barter. I have a plan to sell when I can get out with double my money. I have made major improvements to the home as well....I only bought this home to move close to my father as he died....So this is a blessing that I can get out with everything I paid with profit after less than 3 years. As the value of the home keeps skyrocketing, my credit score goes too......I really don't have as much in savings as I want, but my home now has more value than what I paid.....I am worth more now than 3 years ago by their assessment.

So did they give niggers a better score or what?

Sell it, get out and buy some land m8. It's the best thing I ever did. No one around me for miles to fuck with me and less than a 20 minute drive to civilization.

I'd you know how to keep track of balances it's actually foolish to not use credit. Pay the balance off in full every month and they don't get 1 cent interest but I get 1-5% cash back. Made a bit over $200 off the jews this year just spending money I would have spent either way

My credit is trash already so have fun with that!

So my PSN was hacked on the 5th. Any chance it was related.

>guess I'll take a loan (giant credit card) because I couldn't control my spending and pay cash for this house
I put 50k down on my home.
I own every car I have ever bought.
My home is worth way more than I paid for it

Profit!!!!

I am thrifty. Yep. I am guilty as charged. I don't have a tv in my upstairs either. My living room looks like some set of a 50s mystery. Books everywhere. It is a large reading room. I don't have netflix/amazon/hulu. I don't pay for cable, nor would I use it. My 2012 cell phone works just fine. I don't need an $800 dollar cell phone every year because the one I have does everything the new ones do.

Hate me because I am independent of the system. It is ok. I would hate me too if I was a wage slave.

WOW $200
>I'd
Stopped reading right there.

Is there literally anything wrong with using a credit card if you pay it off entirely every month? I get 1.5% back on all my purchases, which is essentially 1.5% cheaper than it would be if I paid cash. I never carry a balance or pay interest, and it costs me nothing (no yearly fee) to have a credit card. So what's the downside? I do agree if you spend more on your card than you have in the bank it's dumb, because then you get raped with interest.

Is this why pol is getting slid to all fuck?

>credit is necessary for business and major purchases
(((necessary)))

Fuck man, I've had my identity stolen before, I home it's not major info. Honestly, credit rating are BS. I say that as someone with an 814+ credit score.

You dont buy shit unless you have the money on hand you dumb mongoloid

>he doesn't pay for houses or cars with cash
>he loves paying interest over and over and over

>no credit, no cry

>"Criminals exploited a U.S. website application vulnerability to gain access to certain files,"
no fucking way holy shit the absolute state of banking security

>chairman said he recognizes this breach "strikes at the heart of who we are and what we do"
>apologized to consumers and customers
Well, okey-dokey.

>Stopped reading righ
i cant read

[vults internally]

Churned 4k so far this year. Thanks Ultimate Rewards!

FUCK

kek, what is going on here?

OP is right

don't like the picture included.. didn't read anythign

>what is bank loan
>what is cashiers check

user,

He was talking to idiots like me who refuse to use credit. And I still enjoy paying cash for everything. The things I have, I own them...they don't own me.

I remember
When we used to shitpost
On another board in /new/town

Real talk

Nothing wrong if you pay back what you owe. Sort of an emergency means for cash.

Ebin :DDD

this. fuck credit. I was around in the early 80s, I knew how it was back then. None of that shit was needed. My parents had a montgomery ward card and that was about it. Now they want you dependent on that shit, they want you to live your life off of a credit cards ,infinity growth!!

>b-but it's good to have it to build credit.

I have made it through life thus far without using one and I'm going to be just fine.

Whoever steals my identity can do nothing with my credit except clean it up. Hopefully they give me 50 points as an apology.

Looks like nobody learned their lesson, along with the home flippers who are buying and flipping like its 2007 all over again.

Can you hack a microwave?

Fucking hate Equifax. They tried to bilk me out $40 bucks for my free annual credit report until I start citing Federal statutes at them. Suddenly they "found" the documentation I had sent them.

That's almost 1 in 2 Americans. Households are on average 2+.

I hate how they have pending purchases just to make it harder to cancel your card and easier to forget to pay. My debit card fucking charges shit instantly, why do I have to wait a week to be able to pay off my credit card balance?

aoskdmfoaikmwoerma

So you pay your fees goy

>And now the best news: with Putin clearly behind this hack - as "all 17 intelligence agencies", WaPo and NYT will shortly "confirm" - the US economy is about to undergo a renaissance as hundreds of millions of (unsolicited) purchases prompt a golden age for US retailers while sending Amazon market cap into the $1 trillions... even if the shipping address for said purchases happen to be small, frigid villages deep in the Russian taiga.

zerohedge.com/news/2017-09-07/massive-data-breach-equifax-many-143-million-social-security-numbers-hacked

yea just got an email about it

mfw I use cash for EVERYTHING. Literally fuck cards.

This is exactly why my credit score trash. It was hacked. Please restore my 800 at once

>Being so much of a nigger that you have to regard a credit card as some sort of financial One Ring to be cast into the fires of Mt. Doom -- rather than just autopaying the balance in full every month to take advantage of the float / rewards / fraud protections.

Was it the Russians again?

seriously though this can break the economy, literally every american with a credit card, and who knows what else they got, they have all the information needed to open a line of credit. Retarded.

CCs have their advantages

For one if you get your card stolen you can file a claim up to 72 hours, whereas with debit cards you only have 24 hours. Security measures are more strict with CC companies too

Secondly you get points. Every month I get $100 in free gift cards because I get 3x the points on gas and restaurants.

Thirdly you build credit so you can (((mortgage))) a house later on in life. so theres that

Just don't be a nigger and spend more than you make, and payoff the balance each month

I don't need a credit card. You talk about paying it off every month etc, but Why? I can pay cash right away. If I lose my entire wallet, I still only lose a few bucks....If I lose a credit card, lots bad can happen quickly. It is even a larger pain in the ass to get it cancelled and get a new one issues....ESPECIALLY if you need it to live.

I don't need credit. At all. Aside from the meme of "1.5% cash back", there is no benefit. They sell your info to other credit companies, they send you junk mail, and before you know it everyone is selling your name and credit score behind your back.

No thanks. I will continue to own everything I have. I don't need credit. I put savings first in my life, not spending. This is the difference between me and most americans. They all live to consume. I live to save.

imagine Sup Forums without dick envy superiority complex, what a magical land it would be

You are an enemy to capitalism.

>You are an enemy to debt bond markets and selling credit dirt cheap to make quick cash returns for investors even though this is what caused problems along with subprime scamming jewscums*

ftfy.

Too bad it wasn't like Mr robot hacking to wipe all the debt away that be so totally killer guys.

We'd be all debt free and stuff. Fuck rich people and credit bureaus man.

Nice larping faggot

Equifax does a hell of a lot more than credit cards nufags. Google them. They do a lot of career / job screening work

RASSHIA

>give the company that was just hacked your last name and the last six of your social
no

>If I lose my entire wallet, I still only lose a few bucks....If I lose a credit card, lots bad can happen quickly.

If you're truly "cash only," I'll grant you that. Where I will quarrel is with folks who take this philosophy and say, "hurr dur, I'll only carry a debit card."

And that's about the worst thing you can do. If somebody steals / clones your debit card, they are pulling that money out of your bank account. While your bank may offer you some "protection" against fraud, that money is gone from your account until you settle up with them -- the burden is on you.

With a credit card, by contrast, they are out the money, not you. They have the incentive to detect fraud and shut it down (their algorithms usually figure out what is going on even before you do). And your bank account is not at risk in the meantime. I consider this one of the principal advantages of using a credit card given a certain baseline level of fraud in the U.S.

Also, I'm not going to disagree with you about spending/consuming vs. saving -- we actually share these values. I just choose to run as much of the spending that I would otherwise be doing through a credit card.

I work in cyber security in the Seattle area. One of my largest clients has been blowing me up all day about this. People are scared. I just laughed because I am just surprised every single bit of our info hasn't already been stolen before. Most companies cyber security is dog shit.

What does it say on the results page if you are affected?

yea fucked that, I wouldn't. If anyone is wondering, they basically give you a date where you can come back later and check.

equifaxsecurity2017.com/potential-impact/

What is sad is that they actually offer identity theft protection too lol.

Why is it so bad though?

$$$

They give you a sign-up date. If they don't explicitly tell you no, you got shitfucked.

Depending on how much information they stole and what they do with it this could cause a new financial crisis. The entire credibility of the credit reporting system is effectively compromised in the worst case scenario. That means no credit cards, no loans, and banks in the panic mode.

You're benefitting from a smart, early entry into a pyramid scheme, and because it is a pyramid scheme, the conditions will not stay the same.

>$
More like incompetence and no understanding or care. Doesn't take much to encrypt date like social security numbers.

this.

I just put bullshit info and it says

>Based on the information provided, we believe that your personal information was not impacted by this incident.

I literally put down my entire family, all of them came back with check back later, meaning we got hit.

>raped by the interest

that is literally the point of credit cards.

what do you want me to do about it cunt

I'm sure its a simple calculation. they make so much money in interest fees that they can afford to give people cash back. no scheme required

Hence $$, pajeet don't know no better.

lol I realized, we're eventually (soon) going to reach a point where everyone's social security and address are leaked... then what? Will people bother with further leaks that only affect a tiny portion of the population that aren't covered by previous ones?

Best of luck dealing with this shit Americlaps.

youtube.com/watch?v=qHcGVOJXRzI

Household, not person.

You dumb shit.