The US only exists to slight Britain

>Open software on computer
>Choose your language:
>- English
>- English (United Kingdom)
>- Francais
>- etc.

Why is this fucking acceptable? It's our fucking language, how fucking dare they! Everyday the US takes away something from Britain, making us less and less relevant in the world. They were traitors then, they are traitors now, NOT MY FUCKING ALLY!

Apologize for ruining Britain.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qYiYd9RcK5M
pbs.org/speak/ahead/change/ruining/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Shut up loser.

>reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Stop being a whining wog, m8. Portuguese people have to deal with Brazil being the representative of the Portuguese language too, and Spaniards, forget about it.
It's the free maahket, son. More Americans exist than Brits, so the Americans will be appealed to.

Fuck you, stop undermining Britain every chance you get. In fact, stay the fuck out of my thread, you ain't welcome here.

Please shut up and fuck off

ignore him american anons DO NOT give him the (yous).

>Actually letting a foreign nation walk all over you.
GROW A FUCKING SPINE.

Suck their dick more.

The stopped doing a language pack for the UK for Office 2016.

I'm going to have to move to LibreOffice when 2010 leaves extended support.

It's hardly walking all over us. We have a "British English" option for most things.

But American English and British English is pretty different. Same with Portugal Portugese and Brazilian Portugese or Spain Spanish and Latin American Spanish. Seems to make sense to have both to me.

I'd accept this. They shouldn't be allowed to do this, it is completely unacceptable.

And theirs should say "American English", Not just fucking "English". THEY AIN'T FUCKING ENGLISH!

That's not the problem, it's the fact yours is labelled as just "English". Or when they don't differentiate between the two and just have an English option but the flag is the fucking US one.

Because most things that we use are produced in America.

How about instead of bitching, you make your own software and for language options you can make English have the Union Jack.

Also, stop adding superfluous u's in words. It's color and honor, not colour and honour

Ugh stop complaining, I as a Brit can also say that this country has descended into shittyness.

I wouldn't mind if the US annexed us desu.

You're all trackie wearing Chav faggots. You are all factory niggers go cry in the corner with Ireland faggot

what is an "united kingdom"?

What's wrong with trackies?

That gives them the right to call their version of English, just English? Completely ignore the fact we exist, and it is our language?

How about fuck you, thanks for destroying my country. Thanks for stealing our language, like everything else. If we took something american and started calling it English you'd chimp out. Fucking respect my country.

Well, one could argue that the US is more English than the UK nowadays so...

Disgusting and looks like complete ass to wear in public, the equivalent of wearing a mankini in public

They're not ignoring the fact that we exist, it's just that they are English speakers and, when they hear "English", they think of their version of English, which is slightly different to ours.
Stop being a sensitive whiner.

^ See! See America, look what you have fucking done, you stole our identity!

You're so fucking full of it you lot.
So damn self important, you act like the world revolves around you.

Well maybe they should stop being ignorant and fucking learn! Stop being so spineless towards them, this is why they always fucking win. Stand up to these cunts!

>Ello luv uve opened up Microsoft Telly 2017. Click here to synchronoize with your smashin TV license
>Wold u loik to sav ur file m8?
>Ello guv looks loik you made an Islamophobic error in your document. Click here to report to MI5
>U wot m8? That operation cannot be performed ol chap
>For the fastest jigs n jammies plz update ur softwaeres to the latest version

>disgusting
False.
You may not like it, but this is the Anglo-Saxon is his peak form.

Ok then, how do you feel about:
>- Ireland
>- Ireland (Southern)

^ Implying that Northern Ireland is the primary Ireland.

you lost the right to your shit language when you lost your empire. be a good little vassal and shut up

You just don't fucking care, none of you do. You can't even point at England on a map.

Coz Brits fucked up English with faggy words and accents.

Found the scouser

kek

Yep we stole everything. Next we're going to steal the Queen and parade her corpse around Washington DC and use her blood to paint the White House red. It's a public event if you want to bring the tea.

Always has been & always will be COMPLETELY Ours.
Why can you not settle on having the biggest island in Europe to yourself you greedy cunts?

>mixing cockney with the King's English

Hahahah what an enjoyable experience this thread is. The reality is, much like your children some day, should you have some, you'll become old and your sons will usurp your position. that's all. The UK had a good run, now America is having it's run, and some day I'm sure America will be usurped as well by some new kid on the block.

I love England except for the horrific 1984 thing going on there.

Reminder american english is closer to original english than the faggy brit version developed in the 18h century.

Centre is from french. It's pronounced "CEN-TER" not fucking "CEN-TRAY"

You adding useless and redundant letters to your words does not make you an intellectual

Nobody pronounces it "cen-tray". We pronounce it as "center".

UK english has faggy spellings with extra unnecessary letters, old chap. we still have to use it in canada for school and work, but i don't agree with it. why waste your life writing "through" when you could save time just writing "thru". time is $.

Exactly so spell it as it is: center

Why add useless letters? You are cucked by the french.

Who said you could post in my thread?

You fucking will, next you'll claim tea is an American invention (Just like fucking Apple Pie!).

Countries aren't people, you should respect our language and culture and stop trying to claim it as your own. It truly sickens me. What's even worse is you just don't give a shit, it's like talking to a brick wall of a country and to be quite honest I think we should aid your enemies. Give the north korean a technology update or something. Just anything to take you down a notch.

americans actually have to take away letters so they can cope with spelling
lmaoo

>You're not welcome here
>An American Website

Go back to WibblyWobbelsTinkerTag.Com.

^ This, they stole our language and now claim it as theres, they rewrite history to suite them.

What's that, the country next to the US who is slowly being indoctrinated agrees with the US? Isn't that strange.

It's about efficiency. We could use your retarded spellings but we choose not to. You're the one who bastardized your language by adding french spellings, while American English was originally what you used before the 18th century.

The British World Wide Web, FUCK OFF!

If you don't like us claiming English, do something about it. Might makes right, come be mighty again, be the lion you once were, we should be shaking in our boots at your roar. You can't however. You're a shadow of your former self. America rules the world, America does as it pleases. I speak English, you speak English (United Kingdom)

Didn't actually know that.
You know your accent is more similar to what Brits sounded like during George III's time? Well, strictly it is more like the West Country English accent:
youtube.com/watch?v=qYiYd9RcK5M

>slowly being indoctrinated
there's no 'slowly' about it. i'm a total trumptard and i agree with everything he says + i live 4 monster trucks yeeeehaaaaaw!

^ see, always making themselves look better than us, like they're somehow superior. Do you really want to be allies with this?

And its the biggest injustice in history. You have monopolised the planet so you can't fucking lose. And you strut around acting all superior towards us every chance you get! America this, America that, just fuck off please!

that is completely wrong. i like how youre inventing the idea that we chose to edit our language to add in a few extra letters for no real reason
american education at its finest
what is the issue anyway? do you have trouble spelling? we seem to be coping just fine

Also don't come to my country Americans, you're not welcome here no more! Stay out until you treat us how we should be.

OI FUCK YE GOOD, YE BLARNEY OL CODGER. YE GIT YER FUCKIN SLOVVIES IN A STITCH O'ER THE FUCKIN WAR, THEN THE CUNNY OL HAG YELLS OUT TO EAT YER FUCKIN PICKLED ONIONS. BES JUS POP THE TOMATO UP ON THE CHIPS, RATHER THAN RUIN YER WHOLE FUCKIN BREAKFAST, YE DUMB CHAV

Wasn't the UK the empire that the sun never set upon? All empires try to monopolize, and become invincible. As I said previously, you're no longer relevant. It's America's time in the sun, and that time comes with some benefits. Like playing first fiddle, while the UK plays second. Don't worry though, could be worse, we could be enemies. Honestly, you should count your blessings that the US has a soft spot in it's heart for the UK, and we've taken you under our watchful eye and protect you. You're welcome, chaps.

>Do you really want to be allies with this?
t. the 51st state

Just proving my point that Americans don't give a shit, maybe we should treat them the same. Who wants to come flag burning with me?

No fuck you, I will not be happy with you as an ally. I'd rather be enemies. Your day should end soon, using your power to slight us is just pathetic.

Sorry user. My colonial ancestors should have started speaking another language the day they declared their independence from the crown. Even though we both speak the same language with the same common origin, my countrymen should call ours something else so you don't feel put upon.

Seriously though, why would any software distinguish between British and U.S. English? What kind of retard can't understand that "colour" and "color" mean the same thing?

This is another thing, whenever there is a problem with the US, no matter how big or small. They'll never admit they are at fault ever. Like i say, brick fucking walls of 'Murica.

>'Murica falls over
>"No ya see i meant to do that cause 'Murica"

You should convince your government to be our enemies if you feel this strongly about it. I mean Nigel managed some political maneuvers, I'm sure if you're dedicated enough, you could pull some moves of your own. Good luck champ.

You need mass deportation of 'Asian' immigrants in London and you'll be relevant again because white people will actually want to be there. London was once the financial capital of the world, now look at it. You have to become attractive before you become powerful again. This is on you.

God damn British people are fucking autistic

that's not the problem, it's the fact that certain software refers to your version of English in the option menus as just "English", implying that yours is the primary version of the Language, or when they use your flag. It is insulting to us.

And I complain about it, "Oh just called it English (US)" but Americans just don't give a shit, what am i supposed to think? I don't want to be friends with that.

But it isn't.

pbs.org/speak/ahead/change/ruining/

If I was speaking french I'd use the french spelling. I'm not.

Thanks, make our nukes pass through your defences.

>b-b-but 'Murica controls your nukes
This is fucking false! I got a new term for you Sup Forums, it's called "'Murica-splaining", it's when arrogant Americans who think they are some how better than you need to explain why they are better. FUCKING REEEE!

Stop using my language.

>britain

English is from England not Britain, stop letting the others ride our coat tails.

British English doesn't exist, it's just English. If it was British English it would just be called oh i don't know...British?

Well, do more people speak American English or U.K. English?

If we are the majority, shouldn't our flag be the default?

All I want is, "I'm sorry my British Ally, we will change our software to respect your country" *click* no harm done.

But NNNNOOOOoooOOoooooo!!!

>50%

Theres no way Americans can be this oblivious

>Why is this fucking acceptable? It's our fucking language, how fucking dare they! Everyday the US takes away something from Britain, making us less and less relevant in the world. They were traitors then, they are traitors now, NOT MY FUCKING ALLY!
Portugal and Brazil in a nutshell.

Haha. You're enjoyable, aren't you? Maybe your nukes could pass through our defenses, maybe not. The reality is, we'd need to use less nukes to wipe the UK off the map. And we have plenty of nukes to do exactly that. I doubt it'd come to that however, considering the size and strength of our navy. Speaking of navies, wasn't that your original strength? I wonder how the UK compares to the US in navy strength now a days. Hmmm. Interesting concept.

Do more English speakers Speak American English though? Last time I checked it was still English-English not American-English.

Because you retarded brits got mad when everything was written by us burgers.
You segregated yourself.

^ Example of 'Murica-splaining

Ohh sorry master, i'll be quiet for you.... Fuck off, jeez. We don't need to win a war we just need to damage you enough that China/Russia can finish you off, you still fucking lose, its a draw.

whoops, meant for

It doesn't imply that American English is the primary version of the language, it says Traditional next to British English and Simplified next to ours. If they do use our flag, it's probably an American website with a target American audience.

The US already destroyed the British Empire. A bit late to come to that revelation.

Should've given us seats in Parliament when you had the fucking chance. Greed kills.

>Apologize for ruining Britain.
I am sorry we imported all sorts of invaders into your country. I am sorry that Sharia is your future. I am sorry that your kid will be named Mohammed. I am sorry that there will be no whites in England since we left. I am sorry that arabic will be your language in the next 20 years.

Get over it.

It's not a big deal. You should just be fucking pleased that we have that amount of indirect influence in the development of human history. The fact that English is the lingua franca is to be attributed to American dominance.

DEAL WITH IT.....YA CUNT

>It's our fucking language
lol not anymore.

You do know that languages have fucking dialects, don't you? Of course you do. Because this is a bait thread.

Sage goes in all fields, hide, etc.

Wouldn't that be something. You should do it, I'm sure by the end your islands wouldn't be habitat-able but at least you showed us, right? I'm sure it wouldn't even come to nukes though, as I stated previously. We'd just blockade you, and use our carriers to bomb your cities, maybe do some naval invasions depending on whose leading this war. The reality is, the heartland of America is safe, because we control the seas. That used to be your strength, and it's what kept Napoleon and Hitler from invading you and winning through superior numbers and troops. You don't have that strength anymore, so my original theory, you being a shadow of your former self, is completely true. Sorry bud, you won't weaken us, you don't even put a dent in our vast war economy.

This is a wrench

It's too late, you (you)'d yourself.

It's phpMyAdmin what I found the problem with today. On the login page they have two options:
>English
and
>English (United Kingdom)
I removed that shit from my computer as soon as i read it. Totally disrespectful.

^ Another example of "'Murica-splaining", no you didn't, you didn't do shit to our empire, learn fucking history.

It is a big deal, if it was the other way around it would be all over fox-news, all kinds of shit.

I want war now.

This isn't bait, why can't you accept you're destroying our country? You're the problem, just fucking admit it! No need to stab us in the back.

Fucking hate Murica-splaining, maybe you should use your position of power and wealth to set a GOOD EXAMPLE instead of being ARROGANT CUNTS! No more murica-splaining, stop replying to me.

Oops, I didn't stop.

We invented the software AND the computer, so our English gets priority you irrelevant, island-dwelling, inbred nancy.

Don't like it? Maybe your cuck ancestors should have fought harder to hold onto the colonies.

>open language menu
>only american flag listed
>britland btfo
>U S A! U S A! U S A!

And just to be clear, I don't give a shit how vastly you out number us. I'd rather die horribly and leave the scars in your history for future generations to come.

Who invented the computer: Charles Babbage,
(British).
Who invented the software: Rasmus Lerdorf Danish-Canadian.
See, fucking ignorant cunts.

Congrats on you big man.

If it was the other way around you'd be a way more whiner cunt than I am. Prove me wrong.

>descended from British colonists and settlers
>my whole family line has only spoken English
>American is was an English colony, now a nation
>formed by English people
>became independent for English diaspora
>somehow English shouldn't also be America's and American's language

Not understanding the logic here. Is it only because we've developed our own dialects of English? But then how is that any different from what the people who have never left the isles do? Are the dialects spoken in the U.K. Any less English if they stray too far from an ideal form of English?

>Prove me wrong.
I use a time zone system based off of gmt and think nothing of it.

As an American would say: "It is our invention, what we do with it is the correct version".

Think of it in software terms (since that is the argument). Our version of English is C, at a later date your language, C++ came along. Feel free to list the language option as C++ but don't you ever claim that you are the true C. EVER.

All bongs who reject their sorry fraudulent monarchs and profess their loyalty to the only one who was ever truly The King... will be spared the burgering.

In Asia, it seems to be more American-English than English-English in my experiences. It all depends on the source of learning English as a second language unless you're talking about English speaking countries of the Commonwealth. The entire population of the Commonwealth is greater than the US, sure, and they speak nuanced versions of English-English.

>based off
You renamed that UST (surpise surpise, something British got renamed and taken away from them). try harder think of something else.

In India/Canada etc. they speak English-English (or near enough). I'd like an actual count done one day. But once again, Americans will jump all over this and claim they spread the English language across the globe, the British Empire never existed, it was all Americans or some shit. You wait and see.