Higher Education/Degrees thread

What is Sup Forums studying at university?

Me, I'm going the redpilled route and am starting my BA in Politics and Philosophy in 2 weeks time.

>Inb4 stem is the most redpilled

Errr no it fucking isn't, you aren't going to change the world or save the white race by being a human calculator, designing shitty computer programmes and consumer goods.

Other urls found in this thread:

independent.co.uk/life-style/gadgets-and-tech/news/facebook-artificial-intelligence-ai-chatbot-new-language-research-openai-google-a7869706.html
archive.is/vub0f
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Getting my BA in biology rn. Dont know if i want to go to grad school or pharmacy school.

History second year. Not gonna lie, everyone I know who does Physics or Maths is full autismo. STEM is a meme peddled by r9k tier incels to feel superior.

Got 3A*s at A Level so I'm trying to get into Oxford next year to study history. STEM truly is total cancer and I can't imagine why someone would voluntarily choose to spend the rest of their lives staring at numbers

>willingly going to (((college)))
Trade school and apprenticeships or GTFO

I went accounting. Landed a job @ B4. 60k a year. Ez pz.

Where at pal? Looking for some other unis to apply for next year

I appreciate that alot of you Sup Forums guys feel empowered to join the rest of us in civil society now that papa bear Trump is telling you its ok, but let me send you a message...

This is a blip, a temporary intifada. I know it feels good to have your worst instincts validated, but dont be fooled. Use this opportunity now that you're out of your parents basement to meet a few people that arent like you. You are afraid. We are not.

>accounting
Suicide tier levels of dull

What kinda job you looking for with a history degree?

Tech is dangerous, don't know what it's going to look like in 10 years and if you're a white dude you better be ready to have every minority get hired over you and every promotion go to people less qualified than you. Build a skill that helps you understand and interact with reality in a satisfying way.

That's just a meme. Audit isn't dull. You deal with interesting and complex issues nationally and internationally. At my internship, I had a back and forth exchange with our team in China and in the Czech Republic.

The old world accountant doesn't exist anymore. That's all automated with computer software.

This chart was designed by a fucking philistine idiot.

Civil service or management consulting

Thats why you go for networking. Only so many things can be outsourced.

>join the rest of us in civil society
>You are afraid. We are not.
Yeah, okay. Looks like another condescending libtard is yet again projecting

The majority of white men in a STEM field probably have some sort of social disability, they may be extremely gifted but when it comes to making friends and influencing people they're clueless. Your socially adept "meme degree" graduate will be far more successful than a socially handicapped STEMlet

Skincare and makeup artistry.

And motherhood at some point

im going for computer networking. how fuck am i?

Not an argument

Geophysics is god tier? It's a shitty science from what I've heard.

I'm an accounting major btw

Don't study aerospace engineering.

t. aerospace engineer.

i know a guy with an aerospace engineering MS who works as a bartender. i'm an applied math MS student and i'm on track to start a phd in math at a track 1 university next year so ....

Your major has very little to do with your life. You have to figure things out for yourself.

philosoophy student here.

Don't bother asking for a pay raise when you all are working for me

>tfw read Industrial Society and its Future by Ted Kaczynski and now I couldn't get any sort of technological job without wanting to kill myself daily
Whatever. Poor, happy, low-tech family farm life is far superior to rich, depressed, high-tech cosmopolitan city life anyways.

Why do women even go to college? You can just marry a dude with a steady job and you're set for life. Feminism really fucked y'all over.

To feel empowered but without actually have the intelligence to achieve anything. That's why they go and do the retarded sociology/philosophy classes.

Philosophy degrees are valued highly among employees these days

I guess Nuclear Engineering is Ascended Tier

Received PhD from Georgia Tech

>PhD in math
>Any job I want
>300k starting

In chemistry. Fuckin fingers.
>Phone posting is still superior don't let Keyboard cucks say otherwise

Have fun living in a flyover shithole

>In Computer Information Systems
I'm not sure where I belong. Somewhere between Good and Great tier?

History isn't a shit tier in the US. History degree is transferable into business.

study classics not history

Wow, I am planning on transferring to Tech next year, not sure which engineering I want to study. My major right now is Mechanical engineering at the current school I'm at

Because what am I supposed to do until I meet someone?

BA in polisci. Possible double major in history. Plan on going to Law school but only if I get into an ivy league

Also I left my college

>Mathematics
>God Tier

I was in the same location as u negro, I chose pharmacy over here in texas the program im in is absolute shit that it makes u want to blow ur brains , they make u study like a fucking 15 year old chink everyday.

but I dont regret not picking Graduate school because you have to beg for me with grants and tenurships after you graduate, its fucking Sad!

at least pharmacy youre less grabbed by the balls .

I recommend pharmacy school but I just look at the degree plan and make sure youre not going to study like a slave like me

> \pol science
> saving the white rice by talking a lot
> science
lel. t. mech engineer

I was always told chemistry was a bad major, because no jobs. What do you do?

beg for money*

Great another faggot I have to feed

I was memeing man, but that's comforting to hear. I hope to go into education reform and rid of it from marxism

PhD in Phsycis, subfield Biophysics (Aka totally-not-applied-statistical-mechanics).

>implying I want to live in commiefornia or some other libshithole
>implying my trade isn't universally needed and I can't go anywhere with it

>he actually thinks this is what is going to happen whenever he finishes his PhD
You are delusional.

How long will it take to finish your phd?

I want a phd, not sure if I should go for politocal philosophy or ecom though. Can anyone help with some insight?

Stem isnt even like that negro, you ignorant man. Stem is changing the world for the better a true white mang thing to do

The brainlet who cant understand the magnitude of delta fctn or calculus

yeah fake history. real redpilled. at least i can understand wires and levers and pulleys and shit, you cuck. imagine if you wanted to make a catapult. not the slightest clue on how to aim the thing. "historian" aka copy paster supreme with some political bias

>Stem is changing the world for the better

Yeah sure

I'm sorry for our kind laying down the foundations of:

Industrialization, Computer Technology, AI, and all the other conveniences you take for granted.

Some people find it more comfortable to work with numbers. I always have.

Who else here /biochem/?

I'm an aerospace engineer major but people keep telling me the jobs are drying up, even tho I want to work on propulsion systems

Here's the deal. You have to find something that won't be destroyed due to automation, won't be stolen by immigrants, and won't be outsourced. So what can you do better than a robot/computer, mexican, or indian?

Face it, anons. That means the (((humanities))).

But that also means we need to make them great again.

Mechanical engineering and materials science engineering are both below Computer Science.

having software engineering as its own separate thing is a bit silly.

Electrical Engineering and Computer Engineering are both extremely similar. The difference is generally computer engineers take 3/4s of the math classes that electric engineers take + 3/4s of the Computer science classes.

Electrical Engineers do have to go further into the hard maths though.

t. CEG

Not OP but it really depends on the field. Pharmacy and drug development is full of lackeys and can be really dead end if you don't take good strategic choices. If you network and get a good reputation moving up the ranks to chief scientist isn't impossible, let alone you can move into marketing, technology development, clinical testing, and patent law.
Also big oil loves good chemists for development of green fuels like biodeisel, and on the other end green companies love solid state chemists for solar development.

I am studying History and Education or Latin and Education. I am trying to dekike the school system just a little.

Spending a single year training to be an electric lineman. Great fucking job but quite deadly. After I'm making six digits I plan on going for a PhD in history, with focuses on geopolitics and civics and minors in economics and philosophy. Maybe ill be a politician one day.

Good to see EE is unbelievable. I did signals and systems 2 (DSP) over the summer and it was unbelievably hard.

Hey I'm a chemistry/biochem double major looking for a good biophysics program, where did you study?

There's plenty of chavs and polskas about to fix my toilet or car when they break, suggesting understanding mechanical objects isn't difficult in the slightest.

Being able to interpret historical texts and partake in philosophical and historical debate is where raw intellect comes into play, something a philistine like yourself would not understand.

Nice try, Schlomo.

I'll just say I study at one of the universities ranked in the top 30 for Physics overall in the country. That already narrows it a damn lot.

If you know you want to do Biophysics for sure, I recommend John Hopkins or University of Washington (if you can tolerate Seattlefags). They are kind of one-trick ponies for their Physics departments, but do excellent work in the field.

Your house will become the only place you like once you realize there's nothing to do within a 100 mile radius

>Latin

As redpilled as it gets. Bravo. I regret giving it up aged 14.

>Cities don't need Sparkies, Plumbers, Carpenters, and so on and so on

Something so idiotic only an uneducated university person could say it.

We needed an updated list. Trades are god tier, medicine is great tier, putting together a programming portfolio while studying stem is good, and everything else is shit. Also you're automatically shit for studying ges at a university.

Thanks for the advice, sorry about that

>Browses Sup Forums
>Wants to live by niggers, spics, and ani white kikes.

>Signals and Systems 2 (DSP)
Fellow Binghamton?

>Trades are god tier

What the fuck is a plumber or electrician going to do for the white race? Also anyone with an IQ of 90+ can do those jobs.

>thinks stem is about being a human calculator

Wow you really are 18. Applied physics master's graduate here.

I am trying to become a published author, but I cannot rely on that to make a living so teaching is my back up plan. Worse comes to worse I live a middle class life while being able to drop subtle red pills on my students.

Fine by me. If I get to stay comfy on my own property and try to find ways to pass the time that are worthwhile then I dont care. I live in the city suburbs at the moment but I'm getting real tired of the shitty culture of it, especially since its American (((culture))).

fixed your pic op

>Software engy is god tier
>Computer science is great tier
Those are the same by the way

>Civil service or management consulting
How's the job competition for that?
Will it be hard for me to get in since I'm a fucking white male?

Biggest piece of advice is to shop schools by professor, not by department. If you know what interests you then contact those profs.

It makes getting in easier.

Good luck, bro. Really. You're going to need it. There has been an admission explosion in Physics PhDs across the country in the last 4 years and the trend hasn't changed.

>economics
i'll take great tier

Primary or secondary education
>not redpilling the next generation or giving them a strong male role model

oh and its BBA from kike school in manhattan

I'm in Software Engineering. All I've learned is how much I hate pajets and changs

>thinks he can do his job better than a computer.

Boy, you're going to be fucked when skynet becomes self aware.

independent.co.uk/life-style/gadgets-and-tech/news/facebook-artificial-intelligence-ai-chatbot-new-language-research-openai-google-a7869706.html

5-6 years i'd wager. i think the fact that i will have a years worth of research going in will expedite the process, but i'm a slow student so it may take me longer to get to that point. ONLY do a phd if you know what you can get a job afterwards. if it weren't for the connections i'd be satisfied with my ms.

What if we archive that archive.is/vub0f

>Received PhD from Georgia Tech
You're flag makes a lot of sense then. Atlanta is nig central. How bad are affirmative action students there?

Thanks Norwegian bro

at least it beats a degree in gender studies or african dance therapy or whatever BS people get a BA in. However, you are basically getting an education that qualifies you for absolutely nothing except teaching the next class. Any job you can get with the BA you are aiming for is also obtainable without the BA (except for the teaching tenure).

Finishing up my chemistry BSc this academic year, looking to do a master's in materials and then continue down that route, or travel I the US (Texas or kilefornia do the courses I need I believe) and convert to ChemEng; that is if I propose to my gf and we need money for a family

Money can't buy happiness, a fulfilled middle class life is superior to a life of six figure salaries pointless consumption. Fight Club taught me that.

>What the fuck is a plumber or electrician going to do for the white race? Also anyone with an IQ of 90+ can do those jobs.
Hahahah, you obviously have soft hands.

Not everyone can do "plumbing", or it would be a worthless career you dumb fuck. I make almost $40/hour + medical/dental/vision/pension/annuity/vacation. I am paid very well for what I do because no one with their soft hands and their nice clothes wants to do what I do.....And I love it. Keep it up. Supply and demand keeps making my wages go up. Hell, I have made almost $5/hour extra in the past 3 years, with no end in sight.

And to be totally honest, I have been places to do plumbing that would kill most people. Spending weeks in the middle of summer working 12 hours a day on a black rubber roof. Most people would simply not be able to survive. I have worked in buildings that require 15 minute breaks after 15 minutes of work due to conditions.

Not everyone can be a plumber, even if it seems really simple to an ignorant person such as yourself.

t: Pipefitter

Finish High school lol.

Find someone at 18. Learn cooking/home making/astrophysics until 22~ and boyfriend is done with college and lands a job. Get married have a kid ASAP happy life.

That's what I've been doing, I've found some cool professors doing bioenergetics and protein conformation changes.
I'm hoping I have a good shot because I'm not completely autistic and im a dual major