SUPER MAJOR HAPPENING HALF OF THE U.S. POPULATION INFORMATION IS OUT

WHY IS NO ONE TALKING YOU FUCKING FAGS HOLY SHIT HALF THE U.S IS FUCKED BOYS.

>"An estimated 143 million U.S. consumers could be affected by a cybersecurity attack carried out by suspected criminal hackers, national credit-reporting companyEquifax said Thursday."

>"The unauthorized access to information for nearly 44% of the U.S. population occurred from mid-May through July 2017 and primarily involved names, Social Security numbers, birth dates, addresses and, in some cases, driver's license numbers, the company said in adetailed announcementof the attack."

>"Equifax also identified unauthorized access to limited personal information for certain United Kingdom and Canadian residents."

>"However, there was no evidence of unauthorized activity on Equifax's core consumer or commercial credit reporting databases, the company said."

"The unauthorized access to information for nearly 44% of the U.S. population occurred from mid-May through July 2017 and primarily involved names, Social Security numbers, birth dates, addresses and, in some cases, driver's license numbers, the company said in adetailed announcementof the attack."

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qHcGVOJXRzI
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Office_of_Personnel_Management_data_breach
bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-09-07/three-equifax-executives-sold-stock-before-revealing-cyber-hack
idtheftcenter.org/Fact-Sheets/fs-129.html
equifax.com/about-equifax/corporate-leadership
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

facebook owns equifax

>facebook owns equifax
source?

well there comes a time in everyones life where you ask yourself am i fucked?
the answer is yes of course you are fucked.
the important thing to understand however is that once you reach peak fucked then you cannot become any more fucked.
My friends we are at the stage where none of this truly matters at all. Its time to just enjoy the ride.

One of those (((alt-right))) youtubers just posted a video on it and said they got credit card information also, but I doubt it's actually enough info to make transactions on a credit card.

youtube.com/watch?v=qHcGVOJXRzI

>TFW No credit card

Withe the information listed up there, there is enough data to illegally live in this country for a long time and of course obtain credit cards...and if you do anything bad, youre a ghost.

Credit and financial assets breached?
> Credit card
I don't have a bank account, let alone a credit card
> money
Implying I have a job

Max par wagecucks BTFO

As long ad they don't have my Sup Forums login info I'm good.

Dang your right.

You don't need a credit card to be fucked, only a NAME, SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER and ADDRESS. If criminals have those then they can get their own card in your name, charge it through the roof and then when the bill comes they send it to you. If you don't call the police / deal with it in time then you are legally liable for the debt.

This is why i have 0 credit history to speak of. I even bought my house with cash.

this is exactly why moving all our information and shit to digital is going to be one of the precursors to the end of the world as we've created it

where's the data? i wanna see it

not the easiest thing all the time but its really the safest way to do things when you can.

> burgers cant post on pol for the duration of the attack

BASED
A
S
E
D

HACKERS
A
C
K
E
R
S

I wanna ____ that shiro

ha! fuck equifax

that's what they get for spreading lies about me

Holy shit, could this be the beginning of the global economic collapse?

If they wanna try to do something with my capped out amex, good luck to them

>tfw half of US debt is erased and the jews lose all their power

I..i..is s..she wet or is it a sweat stain on her crotch?

Just read about this, I did not think a fuck up of this magnitude was possible

How fucked is half the American population right now?

>could be affected
China already knows my shit so how bad can it be?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Office_of_Personnel_Management_data_breach

>On June 11, 2015, ABC News also said that highly sensitive 127-page Standard Forms (SF) 86 (Questionnaire for National Security Positions) were put at serious risk by the hack. SF-86 forms contain information about family members, college roommates, foreign contacts, and psychological information. At the time, OPM stated that family members names were not compromised.[17] However, on June 13, 2015, OPM spokesman Samuel Schumach said that investigators had "a high degree of confidence that OPM systems containing information related to the background investigations of current, former, and prospective federal government employees, to include U.S. military personnel, and those for whom a federal background investigation was conducted, may have been exfiltrated."

>According to the Wall Street Journal, U.S. government officials suspect that Chinese hackers perpetrated the breach. The Washington Post has also reported that the attack originated in China, citing unnamed government officials

more like preparation to one world currency and the number of the beast.

probably only a few people will get fucked
even if someone steals your identity they're not going to get very far with the money

How do you measure that the incident came to light two months later only after the top executives sold all their stock, and now their stocks are going into free-fall?

What are the chances of them actually being punished for this though?

What exactly are they doing to do with this info?

There's so many bank-side checks and balances now that the moment you spend outside of your ordinary routine you get flooded with calls and all your cards/accounts are locked.

I went to Florida for a week (a place I lived not even three months ago) and this happened to me.

Yeah, that is neat and all, except if you've ever gotten a job before, they also utilize companies like Equifax to perform background checks on employees. It isn't just credit dude, they have fingers in fucking everything.

what does your gut say?

predictive analytics

anything to help capture present state vs future state, then run models. It's the form slavery will take in the future. Hidden, but absolute.

>have the power to doxx anybody anywhere
>doesnt dox the head honchos pulling the strings

controlled release

Probably low, since the executives were allegedly unaware of the incident before selling the stock immediately after it happened.
bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-09-07/three-equifax-executives-sold-stock-before-revealing-cyber-hack

>never used a credit card in my entire life
am i still fucked or is it okay?

Regular Americans get fucked with a rusty dildo and company guys get away with it

>2big2fail
>2legit2quit
>2spooky4me

Its what ever you want it to be.

was it that hacker named Sup Forums again?

see

wELL GEEZE RICK DOES THIS MEAN AN SHIT FAX IS GONNA FAX US POOP IN THE MAIL.

pure coincidence
they were just blissfully unaware of mission critical issues in their company

NO, at least I would be amazed if true. They can't abuse my credit its too shit.

The more this happens, the more im convinced that genocide is the only answer.
This must end.

Starting to feel like we are due for another well timed plane train on the financial institutions. Sup Forums was sperging out about warnings of """"waves of terrorist attacks""" being touted in the media today. September...

where can I buy some?

So aside from their stupid protection program it out me im, what the fuck am I supposed to do if my data got leaked? Can we sue?

>"Equifax also identified unauthorized access to limited personal information for certain United Kingdom and Canadian residents."

God fucking dammit why couldnt this have been quarantined to America

you are fucked

I don't know if you can sue [and win] but you can have them check for fraud for free on your account if you've been affected:
idtheftcenter.org/Fact-Sheets/fs-129.html

Also, I think Equifax's main site says it'll provide free fraud protection for those affected.

>Three Equifax Inc. senior executives sold shares worth almost $1.8 million in the days after the company discovered a security breach that may have compromised information on about 143 million U.S. consumers.

>The trio had not yet been informed of the incident, the company said.

>senior executive
>not informed of major breach
>implying

Day Of The Rope when?

look it up

>ever gotten a job before
I own my own company.

I'm off the grid baby.

Ok probably not really.

Actually I'm not sure what that means.

Pic related.

>I don't have a credit card
News for you anons,

YOU DO NOW LOL

oy vey

I've never even heard of equifax, could my bank use it without me knowing?

This

I am kinda sorry for you burgers. Not all of you are fags yet all of you get fucked. Lets Just Hope it will be a meteroid instead of a Hurricane to make it quick.

Who were the top executives?

Nevermind, here they are: equifax.com/about-equifax/corporate-leadership

there are 3 credit bureaus. you have a file with all 3 whether you do anything or not... like ever. Your bank uses it. This aspect of being an american is about as illuminati as you can get.

Here's the thing if you have a credit score they got your info remember 300 million people if your under age you have no credit report so it's everyone who has a report Everyone

Not really caring about this whole situation but I think you murrica burgers need to Dox the three executives and chop off their heads desu

top kek
You cannot exist in the western world and not have some number to your name. Living off the grid is only possible with millions of dollars and half a dozen various fake ids

Oh no! I'm so scared!

Go ahead faggots. I'm teetering on the edge as it is. Push me over. I fucking dare you.

dont worry leaf your loonies are worthless

This guy gets it.

SCREENCAP THIS NOW
>SCREENCAP THIS NOW
SCREENCAP THIS NOW
>SCREENCAP THIS NOW

This is just a plot to justify nationwide injecting of satanist microchips by people's "free will" caused by this problem (((they))) artificially made.
Classic "Problem -> Reaction -> Solution" tactic for installing something that people don't want.

SCREENCAP THIS NOW
>SCREENCAP THIS NOW
SCREENCAP THIS NOW
>SCREENCAP THIS NOW

(((Criminal Hackers)))
(((Cybersecurity Attack)))

So the rothschilds just sell a bunch of US assets and George Soros is betting against the US is nothing?

So all the (((natural disasters))) + FEMA + Nat Guard is nothing too...

THIS IS A CONTROLLED COLLAPSE PEOPLE

Former EFX employee here. AMA.

this is all meaningless. Because it was on equifax's end, you can't be held liable for any identity theft as a result.

The shit hit the fan stuff is about the size of it and how they will do anything about it. Its also another in a long line of "lol cyber is fuxxored" that will give the govt the opportunity to put draconian enforcement of shit on the internet.

Typically most of your shit is already on the darkweb but banks flag it and cancel it as soon as tyrone in harlem tries to use goldstein in san franscisco's name to get a credit card. The hacker never gets caught but tyrone who he sells it to gets fucked.

As an end user most of the shit falls on the bank. As a criminal people have moved onto shit that's harder to detect and cancel like having medical billing info and sending end users the bill before the hospital does.

But this is Sup Forums so lets go back to happening style freakout.

Can we sue the bastards and win?

So if somebody posted all of someones personal info here from that leak, nothing could possibly go wrong for that person as long as it was equifaxes mistake?

collection agencies are busting a nut right now

Chances are most of you cucks already had your social security number and credit card information stolen, hackers have access to so much of this shit they usually just end up selling the info instead of going through process of stealing money from each individual account.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAAAAAAAAAA

no.

of course it could. Pretty sure that would be a hefty lawsuit for you though

NEETS are immune to an attack of this sort, you can't get an unsecured line if credit with no credit history

It means you're not in Cartesian space

>If criminals have those then they can get their own card in your name, charge it through the roof and then when the bill comes they send it to you

Woah woah woah, you telling me I'm gonna have pay a at most $2000 bill! That'll bankrupt me!

lol, you amerisharts are funny. I could pay that off 100 times over. Also good luck forcing me to pay for something.

I hope the SEC nails them

>not having only cash
get financially cucked by pajeet

Well yea, but it doesnt stop that stuff from happening to begin with. I mean shit we have the death penalty but it doesnt prevent murder.

An Aside: There is also the aspect of "huge leaks" in the past being old as fuck data and largely out of date and just partial. If this stuff is only a few months old, then its current and immediately usable. Im not trying to freak anyone out but niggers still dumpster dive for your paper trail in places because they know how to work your info.
Im trying to not give any of you fuckers any ideas but suppose P.O boxes in someone elses name. It happens, and whose door do they kick down if that box is used for something suspicious. Dont think in terms of LOLOL MONEY

that's where you're wrong, kiddo.

Buy billions in Bitcoin
That's what i would do

>2017 and not using stolen identities

ITT we find out just how financially impotent Sup Forums really is.

Wonder how much free monitoring I will be given. OPM hack and now this. I have been notified of three instances of illegals (2 in Utah, 1 in Colorado) that have used my information.

Is $2000 your credit limit?

Do they even have credit cards like that?

I have AMEX gold, no limit. How fucked am I?

>tfw all my money's in cash
>tfw no credit score to ruin
>tfw my identity is literally useless to anyone else
Feels good being nobody

lel buy an island and make kekistan real.

Send me the number and I'll start it up.

How do you find out if someone has tried to use your identity?

>tfw the equifax website says my information wasn't affected
get fucked losers

>I just logged into a hacked website with my identifying info
KEKEKEK

>no credit history
>only pays cash
Still pays taxes including the social security im stealing right now

>youre legally liable for the debt

Fucking lies. You never signed or agreed to the TOS. Youre not liable and youre a retard to believe any collections agency that might try and say you are. If its fraud, it's fraud and you don't have to pay.

when i was in college i had a limit of around 2k since i had a job that paid 10 k