IQ is environmental

so there's no genetic compnent at all to IQ? it's 100% environmental? then:

>What are the environmental factors which lead to increased IQ?
>Why doesn't everyone just become geniuses?

Other urls found in this thread:

lawoffice.org.il/en/articles/aliyah-to-israel-by-dna-test/
huffingtonpost.com/scott-barry-kaufman/intelligence-is-still-not_b_1078112.html
unvis.it/huffingtonpost.com/scott-barry-kaufman/intelligence-is-still-not_b_1078112.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

he's holding it wrong

because it isn't environmental

No matter how many times I see that image it never gets any less triggering

Just posting in this thread to remind you all that PoC and womyn are better than wh*te males

Environmental factors influence genetics. IQ is both environmental and genetic.

Just reminding you that white people are the real PoC. Look at the number of different hair and eye colors for starters. Skin tone has a lot more variation too.

Brain damage lowers IQ.

Depression causes brain damage.

Poverty causes depression.

No shit

>Environmental factors influence genetics. IQ is both environmental and genetic.

where/s your proof that IQ is an evolutionary trait based on certain environments?

Millions of years of mate selection has a large effect on IQ.

White Africans have higher IQ than niggers Africans.

More specifically IQ is genes and unshared environment, that is it's not your family or your neighbourhood or your school that affects your IQ, but a unique and probably random factor that affects only you - chance or cosmic rays perhaps.

Shared environment only becomes a big deal when you're actually being malnourished or receive little or no education - i.e. you can't compare africans from eritrea to white americans, but comparing african americans to white americans is probably perfectly fair.

he's touching the motherboard with his hand ffs, the static from your skin can short citrcuit the board, hence, that cunt is dumb in any enviroment

Because environments differ?
Fucking burgs.

This picture aways gets me how all people involved in making this were so incompetent.

Where's your proof that skin color is an evolutionary trait based on certain environments?

>Poverty causes depression.
Explain this then please.

White People versus Africans

White civilization is leaps and bounds better than African civilization.

well, she sure seems to have better resistance to horribly burning herself than I do

Compared to walking on the sands of Egypt, that must not be very hot.

this desu

IQ is like 70 to 80% genetic
and this is even stated in (((textbooks)))

Got any more?

got the basketball one?

Environmental pressures would be more temperate weather over countless years (Not just 100 years, but thousands if not possibly hundreds of thousands) which forces one to adapt. It does affect genetics though, as it pressures in evolutionary development to adapt to the environment one is in.

Magic dirt theory is so unequivocally BTFO that you can't even argue for it if you know anything about the topic. Your request is oxymoronic, the more you know about the topic the less you can support it. So any research just leads to the opposite conclusion. Environment is not a component on intelligence except in cases of malnutrition. We are born with a predestined level of intelligence, period.

IQ is both environmental and genetic. The genetic differences between races are minimal and negligible. A 10-20 point difference between averages is pretty much irrelevant since IQ doesnt count for as much as autists on this board like to believe. A=

Jesus Christ!

Show me one piece of evidence that environment as a single effect on g after the age of 18

>Protip: you can't

15 is 1 SD for IQ. When dealing with large populations a SD is in fact, very significant. What's even more significant is with such a lower mean, the percentage of people so unintelligent they cannot function in a modern civilization is astoundingly higher. Look at this example, which uses only a 5 point difference. You're either ignorant on this subject, or willfully blind.

>one team went the wrong way
>this caused the other team to go the other wrong way

Women are heard animals.
How could not one person from EITHER team go "hold up we're going the wrong way!"....

Congratulations.

Smells like cooked chicken

In the girls defense the bikes are too big for them and they would be really fucking hard to ride. Not in the girls defense, they didnt have smaller bikes to begin with, because they are women.

if IQ is genetic that means there's a jew gene

show me the jew gene

>that graph
>britbong education
You should consider suicide for even posting such a shit designed graph

Actually he stated that incorrectly. IQ is 70-80% heritable. IQ is 100% genetic. And IQ being genetic has no bearing on whether there are "Jew genes." But considering Israel requires genetic testing for Aliyah, I'm 100% certain there are Jew genes.

lawoffice.org.il/en/articles/aliyah-to-israel-by-dna-test/

Not how statistics work

Of course, it's a bit simplified as those are normalized distributions. But real life very closely mirrors these examples.

Having ancestors born in the environment that is europe

Certain environmental factors like two parent household and number of books in the home correlate to high IQs, however, when these factors are controlled for, blacks still are on average one standard deviation below.

I would argue there is some environmental effects on IQ; this being the 9 months in the womb and roughly 6 months out of it.
After this point, the brain has finished learning to learn and IQ is more or less determined.

The key factors in this period would be malnutrition causing literal brainfuck, or sensory deprivation/overstimulation warping how the brain does this crucial learning. However, for the most part it's only the extreme cases that will provide any measurable effect on the brain.

You're putting the cart before the horse. Of course those factors are correlated with higher IQ, but they did not cause the higher IQ. Twin adoption studies show that taking a niglet and putting it in a rich two parent white household doesn't increase the baby's IQ. The baby's IQ will still be an average of the biological parent's.

It all comes down to evolution.
The reason why Caucasians aren't as violent as let's say people with darker skin colours is because in Europe we've always had winter months in which a hunt would only be succesful once every few weeks, but the all the meat would be spoiled before one could finish it, so people started to group together to increase the chance of survival. The harsh winters also forced people to adapt and develop their skills as we learned to hunt better, make shelters, which eventually led to bigger settlements and ultimately towns and cities.
In warmer regions such as Africa winter months don't exist, so there's an abundance all year round. As population started to increase however, food became scarcer, and the people that held the resources began to defend it against others. These people thus develoed different social traits than those in colder climates and instead of developing further they stayed stuck in their situation because they never learned how to resolve things together, only with violence.

>MUH SOCIO ECONOMICS

Even abuse doesn't seem to have an appreciable effect on IQ, long term. IQs all seem to normalized to their preset level by 18-20. During early childhood extreme cases of abuse can have problems, but short of damage to the brain including malnutrition, it appears you are born with the IQ set in stone.

>so there's no genetic compnent at all to IQ?
there's a genetic component to literally EVERYTHING about humans, it's absolutely retarded to think otherwise.

Yep, Cold Climate theory is most often the best counterpoint to any Magic Dirt theory.

if cold climate theory is correct then why aren't inuit's iq as high or higher than wypepo's?

Fake science. IQ is genetic. Stop making shit up. White Europeans are the best race on planet. Get over it

Not only that, but Paleolithic Europe was inhospitable as fuck. Honestly, I think boils down to this; Paleolithic Europe has a minimum IQ to survive. All the people below that IQ threshold were killed off.

Stop asking these uncomfortable questions. The US establishment does not benefit from your questions. Shut up.

Temperate environment. Changing seasons is the biggest impetus of IQ growth.

I'm not arguing that those things are causation, only correlation.
Certain folks like to assume causation so they can further their narrrative, but I don't/
Simply stating some of the factors associated with higher IQs.
And like I said, when they're controled for, blacks are still one standard deviation below
In order to make blacks equal you need to control for environmental factors for blacks, while leaving them in for whites.
This is the process that the left likes to use, and it's celebrated by Universities these days.
That's scary.

alaska is much the same climate as sweden, italy is more temparate than alaska/northern canada

They've only been in cold climates for a limited amount of time (remember they were not native to the New World), and they migrated to North America which had less large predators and a relatively milder climate than Paleo Europe.

You don't have an IQ in the same way you have a height or a dick size. Your IQ is your score on an IQ test, and you'll get different scores on different days depending on how you feel and what the test asks. It's like treating someone's tetris score as an attribute of their mind.

If you play pattern-matching games you can increase your measured IQ without really becoming good at much else

Cold winters meant that cooperation and technological solutions were sometimes the path to extra resources instead of just killing the next tribe over. In Europe killing the next tribe over want the sole way to have food in abundance.
If the weather is too extreme, such as where Inuits live, the terrain could not support humans in large numbers. So Europe was harsh, selecting for positive traits, but no so harsh that it prevented civilization.

Right, I forgot to add that, but yes. Inuits didn't fully evolve in those climates.

Wau....is that thermal grease on the ram slot niggah?

I've never seen big deviations (usually within 2-3 points) in multiple run proctored IQ tests. But it's been years since I've studied this subject, do you have any data which suggests this?

Haha the fucking soldering iron isn't even turned on ! That's some high IQ there !

About as genetic as your weight

I... can't even tell what you're saying. Weight is 100% environmental. While your chances of being overweight can be predicted on a genetic basis, you still need to shovel food down your gullet to get fat.

It's a mix of genes and upbringing for most people.

Once in a while a super genius that can read by age 2 will show up, but that's really rare.

This. 1 in 4 Burgers is obese because they all eat toxic food their bodies can't break down properly.

The first centers of European civilization (Greece, etc) are pretty mild though. Mediterranean climate is basically perfect.

You can improve your IQ by taking more tests.
OP said nothing about intelligence or 'g'.

>Access to education
>Access to nutrition

These resources are fought for.

Not really. Here's a huffpo article that mentions a couple studies

huffingtonpost.com/scott-barry-kaufman/intelligence-is-still-not_b_1078112.html

IQ scores are correlated with intelligence but they don't really measure an inborn attribute of the person.

She is so smart, she is burning her hand.

Archive unvis.it/huffingtonpost.com/scott-barry-kaufman/intelligence-is-still-not_b_1078112.html

Plus you don't use that on a motherboard and you don't need eye protection.

>muh environmental

Are you fucking kidding me?
Where the hell did you hear that IQ was environmental? Jesus tap dancing through the tulips Christ, how are people this stupid.
IQ and all biological composition is a direct result from genetics. If you have a retard and educate him he will learn and grow... but he's still fucking retarded you nut job.

Ah, I thought you were implying that say for instance in twin studies they give them IQ tests at 3, 10 and 18 that it would improve their score. Of course if you administer them close together people will increase their skill at the tests. But it does measure an inborn ability, it just gets less accurate if administered more than once in a short time period.

>IQ stems directly from genetics.
It's a bit of both actually.

Arent some island niggers genetically predisposed to being fat fucks

There are still two major environmental components : malnutrition as a child can hinder brain development and some chemicals too, like halogens.

I can ruin a motherboard AND burn my hand cause I'm like smart.

It clock boy tier cringe.

The environment does not act directly on IQ it only decreases the reproductive chances of lower IQ people in certain climates. Environment, as it would be used in this context would be things acting on individuals such as education and upbringing.

Yes, as I said. But put them in an environment with no food, wait 30 days and check to see how fat they are. If they're still fat after 30 days with no food, I'll humbly admit my mistake.

Makes no sense.
Is there a difference of intelligence between humans and other animals? Between different animal species?
If yes, then evidently there is genetic component of intelligence which was selected over time. So it wouldn't make sense if everyone in the same species would have equal intelligence, since no selection would be possible.

>Weight is 100% environmental
t. Communist Idiot

Easily 80-90% and in many cases over 90% of a person's weight is genetic. Predetermined. Humans are animals, you dumb fuck. Genetics also dictate all behaviors that predispose a person to being addicted to certain foods or to reject them. Skinny people and fat people almost always are they way they are because of their genetics. That's not even getting into the areas of health that genetics 99% dictate which can force other complications that cause a person to be morbidly obese or not retain weight.

Nah man, they are just shit. I rode the exact same bikes when I was 13 years old. I had a YZ 125 and KX 250

I follow the idea that low carbs environments, like desertic regions, culled out mutations for large or active brains because that would require lots of energy that is better spent in not dying of starvation.

>Why doesn't everyone just become geniuses?
poor people cant afford better education.

Your shit is backwards. People with high IQs are more likely to buy books. They are also less likely to abandon their children.

how does this even readable

Depositphotos and shutterstock are the real retards here.

Use your brian, moran. It is just two seperate graphs using the same y-axis labels

>>What are the environmental factors which lead to increased IQ?

Nutrition, Diet, Health and Culture.