What does pol think of this book?

What does pol think of this book?

Other urls found in this thread:

independent.co.uk/news/science/archaeology/ancient-egyptians-europeans-related-claims-a7763866.html
mirror.co.uk/news/weird-news/ancient-egyptians-were-more-european-10530527
dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-4555292/Study-mummies-reveals-Turkish-European.html
edition.cnn.com/2017/06/22/health/ancient-egypt-mummy-dna-genome-heritage/index.html
independent
archive.is/8bhMd
mirror
archive.is/ckLx9
edition
archive.is/knUvm
snr.org.uk/snr-forum/topic/the-danish-viking-presence-in-south-america-1000-c-1250/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

His heart's firmly in the right place, but his research includes a lot of Victorian nonsense he takes as gospel.

WE

WUZ PROGENITORS and shieet.

It's literally undeniable now that the Egyptians were white.

independent.co.uk/news/science/archaeology/ancient-egyptians-europeans-related-claims-a7763866.html

mirror.co.uk/news/weird-news/ancient-egyptians-were-more-european-10530527

dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-4555292/Study-mummies-reveals-Turkish-European.html

edition.cnn.com/2017/06/22/health/ancient-egypt-mummy-dna-genome-heritage/index.html

Archive time

>independent co uk/news/science/archaeology/ancient-egyptians-europeans-related-claims-a7763866.html
archive.is/8bhMd
>mirror co uk/news/weird-news/ancient-egyptians-were-more-european-10530527
archive.is/ckLx9
>edition cnn com/2017/06/22/health/ancient-egypt-mummy-dna-genome-heritage/index.html
archive.is/knUvm

I never understood this meme.

How did it even start? I always thought that ancient Egyptians where just, like Egyptian Arab types. Why can't that be a thing?

It totally could have been a thing, but as it turns out, it wasn't.

>A complete genome sequence was obtained for three mummies and mitochondrial DNA, which is passed through the female line, was obtained from 90 individuals. They were dated to between about 1,400BC and 400AD.
>1400BC & 400AD
nobody denies there were levantine, anatolian and even european groups occupying and/or residing in egypt during that period but still only applies to the egyptian period post 2nd intermediate period, after the hyksos occupation of 1650-1500BC.

That's still nothing to do with the 3200BC-1650BC preceding eras, you know, things like the old kingdom, the 1st intermediate, the middle kingdom, etc. That's a huge chunk of history that's being ignored. And as far as I aware from reading the links you provided, that's where the evidence stops. And it's not even controversial and if you know a little of ancient egypt history. It's very well known that after throwing out the hyksos in 1550-1520BC, ahmose and kamose set the blueprint for a more militaristic AND multicultural egypt than previously before by enacting reforms with military expansion in mind for the libyan, levant and kushite regions and welcoming those newly absored "frontier people" into their cultural fold by employing them as state mercenaries/vassals and craftsmen.

It's literally just the press chimping out going WE WUZ KANGZ while ignoring the entire 3200-1500BC period.

One can only work with the material available. It's not "being ignored" so much as lacking the same breadth of samples.

Is this the "yass we wuz indians n shieet" book?

WE WUZ GREEK SEMIGODS AND SHIT

It started with retard Americans thinking
>my ancestors were African
>Egypt is in Africa
>therefore we wuz pharaos n shit

I blame it on Americas bad geographical and historical education as well as negros

Ancient Egyptians looked Mediterranean so mostly white with black hair (occasional people with brown or blond hair) and eyes of all colours

But it is being ignored by the authors of March of the Memes. They clearly list egyptian mummies from 3000BC and 2800BC as whites when there is no data to back it that theory.

The consensus is that the egyptian population occupying the nile valley from 3200to 1650BC was largely composed of saharan nomads fleeing the subpluvial environmental changes as well as north africans and southern levantines following the aridification of the saharan swamps around 6000-4000BC and eventually adopting a sedentary lifestyle towards supported by the nile. Egypt quickly united lower and upper egypt around 3100BC and the population gradually homogenised itself and developed into a successful civilization that even surpassed Mesopotamia in wealth despite being nearly 900centuries behind them. The other interesting fact that was Egypt never was invaded by a foreign power until the hyksos coup of 1650BC and in fact were fairly isolationist when it came to military engagements with extremely dated tech (no chariots, no bronze armor, shitty stock bows, only a couple of types of infantries, etc). Hence why they hired the hyksos to defend them against the babylonians in the first place. Anyway the point is that until 1650BC, egypt was ethnically fairly homogenised and was as such since ita beginnings. So it's EXTREMELY unlikely whitey was a part of that at this stage of egyptian history. Saying that old kingdom mummies were white because some apparently had blonde or red hair is ignoring that pigments held within keratin layers (aka hair) tends to denature and appear lighter than they originally were. Similar phenomenons can be observed on inca mummies sporting red/blonde hair, yet nobody is claiming ancient mesoamericans were white. It's a meme book and should not be taken seriously.

>the authors of March of the Memes
There's the problem, right there. As I said towards the beginning of the thread, his work isn't exactly...rigorous.

>yet nobody is claiming ancient mesoamericans were white
Also, this is a thing. I'm shocked you haven't encountered it before. The whole "Viracocha = white god-men" thing.

>Similar phenomenons can be observed on inca mummies sporting red/blonde hair, yet nobody is claiming ancient mesoamericans were white.

snr.org.uk/snr-forum/topic/the-danish-viking-presence-in-south-america-1000-c-1250/

>getting your facts wrong by 1500years
>not exactly rigorous
Yeah, that's an understatement.

Arthur Kemp is the real deal. He did a translation of Hitler's Second Book

Wew, I'll have to look into this. Thanks user.

because we got so sick of afro-Americans trying to claim Egypt as theirs we keep funding more genome analysises and it turns out they were closer to Brits than to either Sub Saharan Africans and Arabs.

They were very tan, and the paintings portrayed them as such. So by default we associated them with modern day Egyptians, but there are no modern day Egyptians with red hair or blue eyes

It's very good and full of important information.
A little expensive though.

That was a painting style that depicted the females as yellowish and the males as reddish, this style is also seen in Ancient Greek paintings. Sculptures and mummies on the other hand are usually more accurate depictions.

This.

Love ya.

I hate reading? How fucked am I?