Why are women always stereotypes as excellent archers and cooks in pop culture? They are neither of those things

Why are women always stereotypes as excellent archers and cooks in pop culture? They are neither of those things.

The best cooks are male and arching requires a lot of muscle strength and excellent vision, which women don't have.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-8KSJ0qZCRk
youtube.com/watch?v=BEG-ly9tQGk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

my mom makes excellent food, can't attest to her archery skills though

Because you can use a weaker or recurve bow that requires less power to use, and the best place for archers is in the kitchen since all the guys carrying around tons of armor and swords would be pretty tired from whatever they're doing. Bowmanship isn't really hard, it just takes a lot of practice.

This is not pop culture you speak of, Kubeb, it is archetypal. Women process the hunt, women protect the camp, men tend to other things. A long-range light-weight weapon such as a bow is precisely the thing for a woman, or even her children, to use in defending the homestead. These archetypes exist for a reason. You're a faggot for thinking of this as pop culture. KYSTBQFH senpai

Its because the "strong womyn" meme has actually existed in the past, although without its feminist baggage. Although its never been true

Archery is not too difficult with basic practice and literally anything under a 40 lb bow.

All of my grandmothers, aunts and especially my mother are excellent cooks/chefs. They can make every food there is on top level.

But i guess this is just balkan thing where values and traditions are still present it must be strange for you

There's nothing strange that females learned archery, it's not complicated for them unlike other fight arts.

>40 lb bow
toys

Because the idea of the independent, virginal huntress has always been a thing. It's like an ancient sexual fantasy, and just as ultimately fictional then as now.

Hence my point.

The South Korean women's team would be competitive in any male archery competition.

women are great cooks
they are horrible chefs though.
and before you say it, yes there's a difference.

Women are stereotyped as archers because of Diana/Artemis in classical mythology. Also lately because of that stupid Hunger Games movie.

It's because women fight without direct confrontation.
They, like archers, aren't generally capable of physically overpowering their opponents.

It's called a metaphor.

They say women have better color vision, but I have never heard anyone say they have worse vision.

Women are always shown as badass in pop culture, but in fact they are just useless parasites

tfw no one titted amazonian bride to rape me atop her horse's back in the Scythian Steppe

Women have worse depth perception than men, which is what matters in things like archery.

No.

In pretty much every tribal society the women's job is to gather firewood, take care of babies, clean, make clothing, ect domestic duties. The man hunts, then always cooks the animal too.

All bakers in places like Lebanon are men, same with ancient bakers in Rome. All modern day 3 star Michelin chefs are typically men too, I don't know of any women though there are certainly good women chefs of course but it definitely is traditionally a male role.

No woman would ever use a bow in battle, women did not battle and did not protect the camp. They would however target practice with it for fun with other women. Modern day tribes women are forbidden from touching the aboriginal man's AK47 and sent on long trips by themselves, in dangerous forests to hunt for firewood. They are essentially expendable. It's brutal but that's the way of primitive man

I hate the meme of giving them bows, as if it's some kind of a light weapon to use.
Warbows were somewhere in the ballpark of 100-200lbs and it's safe to say that 99% the Sup Forums userbase wouldn't have the strength to draw them.
Giving them rapiers or some other type of a skinny sword would make far more sense.

>Warbows were somewhere in the ballpark of 100-200lbs and it's safe to say that 99% the Sup Forums userbase wouldn't have the strength to draw them.
Neither did most of the malnourished conscript peasants in continental Europe so they came up with hardware hacks instead of having to train for 10 years to properly wield a longbow like in Britain.

It's more believable than watching a woman fight a 250 lb man with a broadsword, at least.
Women were rarely used on the battlefield for plenty of other reasons other than muh patriarchy.

I liked your post thank you

>he hasn't taken the archerypill yet
gib kyudou waifu

Ki Bo Bae is the best archer in the world.

youtube.com/watch?v=-8KSJ0qZCRk

Don't forget to sort yourself out

Why so mad little boy?

They are just roles women can do to try and be useful.

To make something we can eat or maybe send a volley at the enemy.

>Olympic Archery
You mean fancy bar darts, yeah?

Grandmas makes the best food, you fucking moron.

...with a sports bow

A woman could use a smaller crossbow if a man cocks it for her.

youtube.com/watch?v=BEG-ly9tQGk

>man cocks

Because anyone can be a good archer with the right technique, that's why it's piss easy to give women the right of archery

Men tend to idolize women. The only traditional combat role women have served is archery, hence why women are portrayed as the best archers. Women, despite being worse cooks, traditionally take care of the family and cook the food. Hence men portray them as heavenly cooks as to idolize their position.

>better color vision

Because they were gatherers, not hunters.

That's why they love flowers and plants and shit.

>be englishman
>after a lifetime of bow hunting skills join english army to fight french
>have to pull back 100 lb bows all day in battle
>centuries later get mocked as weak by dumbasses on Sup Forums

A so-called "self cocking" crossbow is actually trivial to cock even if you're a hungry skeleton with no strength whatsoever. They have a pretty fast firing rate too because of it. They're not very powerful, granted, but a decently placed shot will incapacitate a person.

>A so-called "self cocking" crossbow is actually trivial to cock even if you're a hungry skeleton with no strength whatsoever
Could just use a windlass or other mechanical assistance, thus still retaining lethal power.
Rate of fire would probably be terrible compared to a male counterpart.

Dude looks so funny jumping around.

Keep in mind we're talking about what women in movies might realistically use. A self cocking crossbow would make way more sense than a fucking longbow and it would still look cool. Probably even cooler. BTW it's called a compound bow if it uses a system of pulleys.

Sling is the ideal weapon for a woman or child. It mostly requires stamina to keep up sustained fire, has a surprisingly long range and is deadly if hitting an unarmored or lightly armored head.

fuck off cunts
40 pound bow is pretty much extreme far end of limit of what any beginner or novice should use
>nah man i work out i could do it
you really, really couldnt. you do not work out this specific muscle contraction and movement which is the only way to actually get stronger at it
>40 pound is a toy
Im laughing

> Lebanon

Yeah that's true. Go to any middle eastern bakery in America and you'll see vastly majority of men making it. Whether it's knafeh or baklava, it's almost men. The women are daughters who help their dad run the shop and keep tabs. The man is the supreme leader of the Lebanese society and always will be. You could learn something from us. Being a man doesn't mean acting like a retard chad.

It should've been obvious that I was referring to mechanical assistance for the cocking of crossbows.

Spears would also fit the category of "could realistically be used effectively by women". Doesn't need to match the strength of the opponent, can easily be wielded defensively, wide array of ways to utilize them. There's a good reason spears were the main weapon of warfare for a long-ass time.
And it should be obvious that I'm drunk off my ass since it's 8PM on a Friday.

I think ranged weapons are a better fit for women. Remember, women are also quite emotional. Normal men have trouble keeping their cool when facing down an army. Women would lose it and have a higher chance of fleeing, which would collapse the formation completely. Putting women in charge of ranged weapons would at least make sure they don't cause damage to their own army.

Women throws like a girl

If we're talking about real world strategy then women should just perform support roles like it actually was pretty much until a certain asshole(pic related) thought women should be on the front lines, no matter the effect to fighting capability.
I wasn't referring to throwing spears. Spears are extremely versatile melee weapons and easy to learn how to use effectively.

>Cooks
Because for the past few centuries that is what women did at the home; they cooked the food and cleaned the house. Whether for good or for ill, the stereotype still hasn't left the mind of the public.

>Archer
Relates to the Goddess Artemis of the ancient Greek Pantheon; the stories of the gods there and their actions have inspired many works of art and stories throughout the ages.
I hope that answers some of your questions.

Shut up, don't ruin it.

>Because for the past few centuries that is what women did at the home; they cooked the food and cleaned the house. Whether for good or for ill, the stereotype still hasn't left the mind of the public.
And for good reason, you probably still remember your mother's cooking and think it's the best thing you ever had. You'll never forget that. Same as dad's grilled meat - the only thing he knew how to make, but damn did he do it well.

Why is it wrong to want your own children to have fond memories like that? If I'm ever to have a family, I'll enforce such "patriarchal" rules and roles on my children, granted that they don't object to them independently and willfully. I doubt they will. Everyone I know had a good upbringing with what is now considered "outdated family structure" and "harmful gender stereotypes" when I was young, and the only exceptions were kids who grew up in broken families.