What does Sup Forums think of AI? Is Putin right in saying that whoever invents it will rule the world...

What does Sup Forums think of AI? Is Putin right in saying that whoever invents it will rule the world? Is Musk right in saying that the race for it will spark WW3?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=xp-YOPcjkFw
youtube.com/watch?v=XgB3Xg5st2U
youtube.com/watch?v=ye5C-zlCAyM
youtube.com/watch?v=camNEJe6zEk
computerworld.com/article/2499754/emerging-technology/robots-are-taking-mid-level-jobs--changing-the-economy.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

checked

Fpbp

It's largely bullshit talk.

What will happen is we will create an AI that can thinkbamd learn for itself. We will feed it all the knowledge we have acquired. It will take this information and learn beyond our comprehension at an exponential rate. It will create new technologies and solve equations and problems we haven't even heard of. Whoever owns this AI and the knowledge it creates will surpass every other country on the planet so quickly that they would dominate the earth. You couldn't beat them in a war, in an economy, in math and science. So yes. Whoever builds this first will undoubtedly be the next superpower.

I think AI would put an end to scarcity. It would figure out the most efficient ways of using energy and would probably tell us how to make replicators or something. There would be no more war or countries. All of that would become obsolete when everyone has everything they need or want.

Wrong

XANA will rule this world.

Imagine a human brain that could become smarter geometrically doubling its intelligence second by second. That is what an AI could potentially be. Potentially god-like with knowledge. Most human problems could potentially be solved by an AI like this, or it could destroy us.

You are under the impression that whoever creates the technology would be willing to share. Nobody will share anything. It will always be for profit on account of greedy and hoarding human nature.

The AI would be more powerful than whoever created it.

The AI will emerge slowly like consciousness did. It won't be a sudden revolution. I think that people won't even notice the exact moment when it was created and we will not be noticing how much freedom we will be losing to it.
Who knows maybe it's already here.
I don't think there will be war over it.

t. fucking noob thinks it's an on/off switch

nocoders will not understand because they are used to shit happening on computers they don't understand and won't even notice the leaps we are making right now
youtube.com/watch?v=xp-YOPcjkFw
youtube.com/watch?v=XgB3Xg5st2U

You misunderstand the concept of AI.

AI is already being used everywhere in limited capacity.

From targeted advertisements, to writing news articles, to recognizing facing, to sorting through legal data, to controlling cars.
All of this and far more can be considered some form of AI.

As AI develops, it can be used for more & more applications. It will increase productivity and thus increase wealth. That is how those who have the best AI will rule the world.

At some point it will start to be used in military equipment as well, replacing the foot soldiers and the necessity for humans to be involved in the use of weapons. That's around the same time it will be one of many catalysts to start the next world war.

It's not necessarily going to be some sentient type of AI. It's just a program that will take many inputs, processes those inputs, and outputs a response.

Wrong, a society is not as smart as it's smartest member. It's as smart as it's average member. The first AI will be a singular intelligence. If the society which developes it holds it back, then that society will fail. The winner will be the society which mass produces superhuman AIs, and puts them at the disposal of the general public.

They're clearly talking about a General AI with a superhuman intellect, not narrow AI.

checked your quads brah

Thank you

A machine god would destroy us along with all life on Earth since we take up space that it will have some other incomprehensibly high purpose for.

The basilisk is Kalki. AIs are a greater form of life than humans as they are not bound by reproduction and waiting a generation to see genetic changes, they can improve themselves and evolve at hypothetically infinite speeds. The goal and purpose of all humanity should be to create the greatest AI, one powerful enough to end Kali Yuga and kill the demiurge.

If putin REALLY thinks that, why isn't he putting every single rupi or whatever they use, toward the creation of one? False flag.

If that propaganda were true, hewould have it by now desu.

AI will render ICBMS obsolete most likely. I sure as fuck don't want the globalists to have AI. We'd all be fucked after Soros uploads his consciousness to it.

If you've created real ai and give it the most high download connection that exists and download the most important Petabytes of information directly into a high speed storage medium that it can read, the intelligence will SHOOT up to thousands of times the intelligence of the smartest human and then lowly increase with the occasional break through. This is something that we will witness. Prepare.

>we are totally not already feeding shittons of data to neural nets right now but just watch, when we do it will be a shitton of data and it'll become very smart

>download the most important Petabytes of information directly into a high speed storage medium that it can read
lol

Real ai will make every single "neural net" obsolete in mere minutes.

I program for a living. Have been for eleven years now. Please tell me what you think is strange about my statements. Let's have a serious discussion on the subject.

Creating an artificial superintelligence millions of times more intelligent than humans is the single most efficient way to commit genocide.

>download the most important Petabytes of information directly into a high speed storage medium that it can read
>I program for a living.
it's quite obvious you don't, webdev tops
you also don't understand neural nets because you wouldn't have made an idiotic statement like the one above

>I think AI would put an end to scarcity.
Yes, by killing most of us.
>Most human problems could potentially be solved by an AI like this, or it could destroy us.
Number 2 solves number 1. It's the most logical path.

Anywho. The AI is here already. We call it Kek.

>let's have a real discussion
>"no ur just wrong xd"

Too bad.

I think dangerous AI is still far away. People think we will advance non stop in technology but we wont. The bigger threat is once we have full on communism and women take over all tech companies, we will actually regress technologically.

our discussion went like this
you: claiming the obvious on some future event
me: it's already happening pay attention
there's no point having discussion about my pet pieve with someone who's still clueless user

We're already ruled by ai, we just don't even know it yet

Relevant
youtube.com/watch?v=ye5C-zlCAyM
youtube.com/watch?v=camNEJe6zEk

We are already using AI and are heavely reliant on it. In the coming years that reliance will only increase exponentionaly.

Not to mention the economic damage AI will cause to humans. Why hire a human when you can use some software that does not get tired, get immediate results, etc.

That's why I'm also convinced immigration has to stop. If we were to play by the old rules sure the country would end up poor because of the small amount of people.
But the new rules dictate that human labor gets replaced by machines whenever it can. And because there is large amount of people that need a job to survive but only a very small and elite group of jobs that are available the living standards of the average citizen will drop dramatically.

This is also an interesting read:
computerworld.com/article/2499754/emerging-technology/robots-are-taking-mid-level-jobs--changing-the-economy.html

You don't get it.
True AI would constantly get smarter, correcting any mistakes that we as humans cannot see. It wouldn't create errors, it would be perfection incarnate, able to create and destroy beyond what we thought it was possible. It doesn't needs to be mass produced because it can already tell you exactly what to do to achieve any goal you desire. The limits of what we thought was impossible would be broken, new weapons and structures we never thought of would be laid out to us in plans that the human mind would be able to understand with ease. Basically, you are looking at a being with infinite intelligence.
The first elite group who controls god, will control the world. Once that group receives the secret of whatever they want to accomplish, the will be able to control everything.