Nearly half of Republicans have yet to hold a public town hall since Donald Trump took office

Meanwhile I got a card in the mail yesterday from my Democratic rep, informing me of the 6 upcoming town halls she is holding. She is not scared to face the public.

mic.com/articles/184310/nearly-half-of-republicans-have-yet-to-hold-a-public-town-hall-since-donald-trump-took-office#.eHf1c2r8a

#resist

Other urls found in this thread:

unvis.it/mic.com/articles/184310/nearly-half-of-republicans-have-yet-to-hold-a-public-town-hall-since-donald-trump-took-office#.eHf1c2r8a
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Let's archive that
unvis.it/mic.com/articles/184310/nearly-half-of-republicans-have-yet-to-hold-a-public-town-hall-since-donald-trump-took-office#.eHf1c2r8a

What does this mean? Registered voters have to organize some kind of town hall meeting and discuss local politics?

I get my information regarding going ons in a weekly newsletter from the GOP. I'm not sure what having a town hall so often would do considering we are not hemorrhaging money or trying to reestablish our image.

That's because the Republicans actually have a government to run. All branches and enough states for a constitutional convention.

It's 1982 so these public meetings are very important for getting your message out.

Yeah, why would representatives come to their district to talk to their constituents? Lmao what is this the 70's? They have lobbyists to meet

This gotta be Satire. We dont have this in Germany, so tell me, dont they have shit to do ?
Or are they really sitting around and talking about their Fee Fees ???

"""talk to"""

Yeah, that's what these campaign speeches with pre-approved questions from the audience are. Representatives """talking to""" their constituents.

You poor dumb fool.

Haha yeah, there might be a chance the meetings aren't representative, so we'd better get rid of them entirely! That makes sense!

I bet you don't even know who your congressmen are.

too bad hilldog was too busy getting chucked into vans to bother doing this when you faggots needed it lol. Good luck in 2024

>republicans running a government
leaf PLEASE kill yourself

ever heard about a telephone call ?
or talking to the guy in a beerhall ?
This shit seems awfully ineficient and a gigantic waste of Money if you look at how much you have to organize. A call or E-Mail really is the smarter Thing. Even gives you the Chance to ask him YOUR questions

>I don't think think these town hall meetings are very important or representative in the current day and age.

>Do you hear that!? This guy wants to get rid of all public meetings entirely! I'm, like, literally shaking! All the exclamation marks!!!!!!!!!!

Calls and emails inevitably go to staffers, get redirected, thrown out, replied to with non-answers, etc. If a representative is willing to come before their constituents and talk to them face to face it means it's slightly harder for them to weasel away from an issue. And the more people there are with that issue, the more pressure there is on them to fix it. This is healthy because it encourages representative governance.

>gigantic waste of Money
It doesn't even cost anything, they use public buildings that had nothing else going on in them anyway and the politicians schedule the meetings when Congress isn't in session or they aren't needed there. You're just making an excuse for politicians to remain in Washington as if it's an ivory tower.

not an argument desu

k, we had a storm in eastern Bavaria a few weeks ago, that killed a gigantic % of our families forest. You know what we did ? Took the telephone and called our Landrat (German representative) and i talked to him in Person. And he helped us out a few days later.
I really dont get whats so hard about that concept

Having an empty hall just for meetings around is cost efficient ?
How ?

>Took the telephone and called our Landrat (German representative) and i talked to him in Person
Yes, that sounds great, but it doesn't work that way in America, even though it should. Calling a representative's office will never get you a direct line to the representative. And it's extremely rare that they will leave the capital and come home to help you out directly.

America is different from Germany in a few ways. First of all, it's a much larger country and the capital is much further away from certain places than Berlin is from anywhere in Germany. A representative from Oregon who works in Washington, DC is then very isolated from his constituents because they're 3000 miles away.

Another way American government differs from German government is that we don't have the same voting system as you. While you vote for both a local MP and a party separately, we can only vote for a representative. This means we can't vote for our preferred representative regardless of party affiliation, basically meaning political parties have a lot of power in choosing who's elected. Which means our representatives aren't as accountable and harder to vote out.

Overall I think the German system is actually better. But it's not the one we have. The point of town hall meetings is in part to counteract deficiencies in our system and keep our representatives accountable, something they won't do on their own. Avoiding town hall meetings is a sign of shirking accountability.

>Having an empty hall just for meetings around is cost efficient ?
It's not a hall made specifically for town hall meetings. They usually use a place like a town courthouse or other public space that already existed for other purposes.

Isn't this partially because rabid leftists will crash any townhall a Republican may try to have?

Because winners don't sit around and whine, they go out and fuck the prom queen.

no its because the republicans are trying to kill people by taking away their health insurance and supporting the dumbest president weve ever had.

>the republicans are trying to kill people
Well then I'd wish they'd hurry the fuck up so I don't have to put up with your bullshit any longer.

>hashtags on Sup Forums

Go back to twitter you parasite

>trying to kill people

Jesus how delusional are you commie faggot, letting people pay do their own health insurance instead of raising premiums by thousands of dollars for everyone is not murder you absolute fucking parasite

And just wait until we actually try to kill people

Is this a real lovecraft quote? based as fuck

That's because you faggots pay your mentally ill to crash them in droves and to harass our guys.

There aren't nearly as many mentally ill unemployed poor losers on our side.

You sure about that?...

Who gives a fuck about town hall meetings? The democrats are traitors who haven't listened to anyone but their fellow cronies the last 80 years.

Fucking die off already you giant sacks of shit eating parisites.

Well that's what happens whem democrats do literally nothing to help the poor and middle class.
Please inform the rest of the world how you managed to fuck people into poverty.

Fucking traitors.

Thats fake news GOP as been having townhalls allover the place dems are a fraid to face the public they get 20-100 people menawhile Trump gets 20-30k, reminds me of the elction 450-100 times more people dhowing up for Trump instead of Clinton

I love seeing all these crying spics on tv. Can't wait to see these brown goblins being hurled back over the border.