How is this perceived in the US? If you do this in Europe on television...

How is this perceived in the US? If you do this in Europe on television, there is a big chance that you will have to explain to the judge, what you did. And lefties, progressives and the social parties wouldn't find this funny at all. In some countries it is even forbidden to do.

We are still a free people in the United States.

TWO SWASTIKAS?

our country is full of jews but we still have more freedom than you

really tickles my pickles

T H I C C
H
I
C
C

Obnoxious Hitler salute.

TWO SWASTIKAS I ONLY HAVE ONE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

if its a parody it's comedy

if you're serious about it you'll probably never get a normal job but government wont/cant do anything about it

>call mom
Did you see Colbert give the Nazi salute to Trump? "What is wrong with them?? I'm done with the Democrats, even if you disagree you should still respect the president".

>lifting your arm is illegal in some countries

Wew

It's because propaganda minister Colbert is above the law and has been given the green light to convert millenials into Marxists by any means necessary.

You can say pretty much whatever you want here so long as you aren't saying something terroristic or something that can cause immediate physical harm like screaming fire in a packed building. Biggest consequence is socially.

You have to the court why you allowed trump to have TWO FULL SCOOPS

That is a good thing. In my country, if you do this to the king, you will be forever in the justice system.

As long as you aren't directly inciting violence, you can say whatever you want.

explain to*
>leaf can't formulate sentences

Brit here. I wonder if he's even trying anymore. What statement or argument is he trying to make? Just an obnoxious twat being contrarian for the sake of being contrarian. His carefully curated and indoctrinated audience is far more concerning than the man himself.

I have a cunning plan.
Doing the hitler salute is illegal in Austria and Germany.
Report him to the police here.
See if we can get Colbert banned from traveling to Europe.
That would be a laugh.

He's a bad comedian but we have freedom of speech you niggers hate us but we will be saving you in a few years

If you can't beat em join em eh stevie

But isn't this inciting violence? He is basicly saying that Trump is a nazi. That ought to attract aggression (antifa thugs and so).

No one would care. In fact, I think they do it relatively frequently in Norway.

True.

We must maintain the right to incite violence.

FOUR REICHS?!

Not a lefty, by the way.
I'm Albertan, I'll have you know.

I just believe in the full repealing of hate speech laws

>Cucked nations
>Europe

You don't have to tell me. If I need free speech, I better not use it.
Here you have just one.

No. The law is very clear on this, Americans take legal freedom of speech very seriously.

>directed to inciting or producing imminent lawless action and is likely to incite or produce such action

If I tell a naked man to shoot another man, that is not illegal. If I tell a man with an AK to shoot another man, that is illegal. If I tell a crowd of people to go drag Bob Johnson out of his house and murder him, that is illegal. If I tell a crowd of people that Bob Johnson ought to be nuked, that is not illegal. It's all about likelihood. Giving a Nazi salute is not illegal. It may have social consequences, but it is protected under freedom of expression because you are not threatening anyone.

wtf I love colbert now

Woah what the fuck, I love steven colber now!

I guess you need to do it on German ground or be a German citizen before it is forbidden to do the Hitler salute. E.g. Mein Kampf is forbidden to sell here in the Netherlands. Insane, isn't it? We have actually forbidden books. And it si forbidden to speak badly of the king. It can give you 5 years of imprisonment.

what the fuck, I love steven colber now!

Interesting. Here you can be convicted if you tell someone to kill some else. I guess your laws are much more liberal (in the classical sense).

And yours are liberal in the authoritarian sense.

Pretty sure it's only forbiden in Germany, because you can't write it of as "art". But entertainement is fair ground. It's not inciting hate crimes.

This is pretty awful behavior from a so-called Catholic. One, Donald Trump, regardless of his politics, is the leader of this country, and upon this one fact, deserves our respect. This is especially bad when you're a public figure with such a wide platform. Two, it's simply a transgression of the charity due to anyone, from the catechism:
>Respect for the reputation of persons forbids every attitude and word likely to cause them unjust injury. He becomes guilty:
>of rash judgment who, even tacitly, assumes as true, without sufficient foundation, the moral fault of a neighbor…
>of calumny who, by remarks contrary to the truth, harms the reputation of others and gives occasion for false judgments concerning them.
>To avoid rash judgment, everyone should be careful to interpret insofar as possible his neighbor's thoughts, words, and deeds in a favorable way...

You would be very likely to be convicted if you tell one person to kill another. I was using the 'naked man' example because he obviously doesn't have a gun. Telling someone without a gun to shoot another person is an impossible request, making it impossible for you to be the cause of harm.

If Frank is pissed off at Joe, and I egg him on or tell him to attack or kill Joe, then I am now an accomplice to that crime. I don't necessarily agree with that on a small scale, but the real purpose is so that an orator cannot get a crowd of people riled up, and then tell them openly to go commit crimes without being held legally responsible.

I think the Netherlands is a paradise for your liberals, but don't send them here, we already have enough problems with our own. You get free money if you don't want to work, because not wanting to work is a mental illness. And quite a bit too.

Wouldn't Trump be guilty of the same? For the stuff he claimed during Obama's admnistration?

But that's how high the corn rows grow...

Sure, but Colbert has always to my knowledge made a big show of his Catholicism. Trump has never.

As much as the double standard pisses me off, it's probably satirical.

He won't get as much as a fine. After all, he's fighting THE WORST MAN EVER PRESIDENT GONNA RUIN US ALL MAKIN US ALL NAZIS, etc. etc.

Trump is not a catholic and isn't bound by catholic rules, Abdul

He makes comedy sketchs about his religion (pretends to talk to God, makes mock confessions). I don't think he holds much to be sacred. I hear he teached cathecism, so maybe he is different out of stage, dunno.

Point is, the bar was set way low for this president. Sure, comedians have gone real low, but not really lower than their target has gone. And this target of theirs has much more power than them, and so his accusations carry much more weight.

Where are my Colbert Nazi shoops.

I see one crappy "shoop" (more like "paint" amirite) ITT but this is taking way too long.

I would've thought we'd have Nazi Colbert memes by now. Someone or something must be stopping us.