Check the equifax website about me potentially being fucked

>check the equifax website about me potentially being fucked
>my information was breached
>from now on i will always have that shit lingering over my shoulder because we havent invented a better system
Fuck this shit country
Please take me mexico or canada
Literally fuck this shit

Other urls found in this thread:

mashable.com/2017/09/08/equifax-hackers-bitcoin-ransom/#KKjbya4gmkqq
unvis.it/mashable.com/2017/09/08/equifax-hackers-bitcoin-ransom/#KKjbya4gmkqq
twitter.com/AnonBabble

how will it linger over your shoulder?

It's a great system, goy.

>taking out a loan
>renting an apartment
>going to school
>buying a car
>getting some jobs

>all financial matters depend on your credit score
>you get enrolled in this system automatically at birth
>no real recourse for any errors (I know from experience)
>gets hacked
>identity stolen
>"lol you can't even sue us"
>life ruined
>if you spend lots of time and money you may be able to repair it somewhat

Good thing Sup Forums doesn't breach your information... You'd probably be fucked if you were doxxed.

Someone has all of your identifying information and may decide to fuck up your life at any time.

get off reddit
"le anonymoose is so le powerfulz xd" doesnt exist

>YFW Equifax TOS says that if you check to see if your data has been breached, you decline to class action lawsuit against them

I think he means post history user.

moot works with the government and provides IP info when requested.

Let's put more numbers and exclamation marks in our 4-11 character passwords.

>no real recourse for any errors (I know from experience)

Once, when I was still it college, my government load, which I had only taken out the year before decided to start taking funds out of my account at a few hundred at a time to pay itself. I didn't have much in my account at the time (college) so I ended up in the red. Problem was that they continued to charge my account even though I no longer had funds. Every time they tried and got rejected my bank issued me a $50 bank fee.
I went to the bank only a few days this mess and ended up getting it sorted out. Account balance reset and loans reset to start repayment in another 3 years.
But in the end, my bank even told me that this will effect my credit rating and there's nothing they can do to change that.

What a great system

>moot

Hmm. . . I have some bad news for you sunshine.

mashable.com/2017/09/08/equifax-hackers-bitcoin-ransom/#KKjbya4gmkqq

really makes you think, if only they used something like Civic

unvis.it/mashable.com/2017/09/08/equifax-hackers-bitcoin-ransom/#KKjbya4gmkqq

I doubt that's legal desu

not really. Its more of the banks problem trying to prevent fraud, because you arent going to be liable for it. As long as you pay attention to your accounts and credit score, you can report it. And since its public information that theres going to be a lot of it going on, they will be expecting it.

Is there something else im missing?

Good - I don't even give a shit. My credit is so fucked from a back injury + student loans from 5 years ago.

I tell them to have a blast with my information that they literally cannot do anything with. I can't even get a credit card.

I tried to apply for a full-ride scholarship for an undergrad. Because Sallie Mae had fucked up all of my student loans in years past, my credit report had all kinds of incorrect information on it, showing I owed hundreds of thousands of dollars.

The school said they liked my qualifications but wanted me to clean up my credit report first, and apply again in the future.

Fuck my life

>not immediately tanking your credit score the moment you get a card by buying retro video games you can't afford.

Pleb

Have you ever dealt with identity theft? I have. It really is a special kind of hell. Sure there are safeguards but it doesn't stop anything. It just gives you a way out (not an easy way out).

I don't want to go through that again.

Identity theft twice in one year...awesome!

>Lose 140 million files
>Trust them to prevent fraud

My fucking sides

had some faggot buy a couple tickets to china somehow. Called my company, they investigated and credited my account. Only hassle for me was the phone call

Its still their problem.

If someone puts something in your name and SSN its very much your problem. Have you ever heard of the term Kafkaesque?

i looked it up and I dont see what youre getting at with that term.

And if you think 140 million people are about to have their identity stolen and credits ruined, then you will in fact see chaos in the streets. Maybe thats what ((they)) want. Maybe its the new Shemitah since everyone was expecting financial chaos last year.

Thats fine with me too, i need a real happening

oh no I'll miss out on the $60 settlement

It won't be 140 mil at once, but god help you if you're one of them.

By kafkaesque I mean the task of trying to call some nameless faceless person making $10/hr and trying to explain to them that your credit is ruined and its not your fault, then they transfer you to someone else who sends you a form, but its not the right form, so they send it back with another one, but the person who needs to check it is on vacation so you have to wait a week so you call them but they can't find your case number so they transfer you to the missing case number dept and each of those calls has a wait time of 45 minutes.

You also signed away your rights to participate in a class action law suit. Maybe you should read the fine print before you submit forms that include your SSN, but then you're a retard with no credit so what does it matter anyway?

They're seeking $68 billion, so closer to $500. I'll take that.

I'd settle for competency. There's no excuse for this stuff anymore. Data breaches at Target, Chipotle, etc are the height of laziness.

Two times I had charges with really baffling descriptions on my bank statement so I told my bank I have no idea what this is. They basically just credited me and "investigated" the matter and that was that. Turned out they were legit debits but I kept the credit. Amounted to about $350 free money. I suppose they give you the benefit of the doubt if it's under a certain amount and it's not regularly happening.