This is what an East-German Communist Officer looked like. Notice anything?

This is what an East-German Communist Officer looked like. Notice anything?

impeccably dressed

Hugo boss is dope

big nose?

Yeah but it's straight, and doesn't curve at the end.

This is Detlev Buck acting as a training camp commander in the movie "NVA". It is shitty.

East Germany is literally just National Communist Reich.

What a retarded helmet holy shit.

It's literally a wehrmacht uniform with the swastika removed? DDR confirmed for fourth reich.

It's LBJ !!

I wonder why did they disregard the older helmet type. Those egg-shells sure don't fit the uniform.

They were too broke from building the Berlin Wall to make new ones lol

The cone shaped helmet was really a stahlhelm designed in the third reich but rejected for the reasons you mentioned. It actually worked better than the previous one and looked vaguely soviet, which is why it was reused for the DDR.

designed for the wehrmacht in the last years of ww2 but never got used until DDR.

How did it work better?
It looks it leaves a lot ear to be hit by shrapnel

Apparently its shape redirected the path of a struck bullet better than a regular stahlhelm. I agree with the ear thing, though.

Both ideologies have their roots in marxism.

Something about most shrapnel from weapons then came in arc from above. If you were near an explosion no shitty steel helmet would save you and the straps might tear off your head anyway.

he's wearing modern eyeglasses?
>those lobes

Cause it was better at stopping/ricochetting bullets than the previous model.It is actually the best steel helmet in the world - from then on you would need ceramics or kevlar.

Mhhhhm Fashy Baby, i am hard now!

MASSIVE earlobes