Why aren't Americans capable of building proper houses?

Why aren't Americans capable of building proper houses?
A striking aspect of houses in America is the flimsy quality of even the most expensive ones.
Houses are built literally like a house of cards. Weak beams, plywood, flimsy insulation, flimsy siding and roofing that either blows off in high winds or just rots away after a few years.
Its really no wonder that come tornado or hurricane and houses are literally ripped off of their foundations and tossed into the air.

Other urls found in this thread:

nytimes.com/2016/08/27/world/europe/quake-italy-architecture.html
unvis.it/www.nytimes.com/2016/08/27/world/europe/quake-italy-architecture.html
youtube.com/watch?v=CsWysVgGViE
youtube.com/watch?v=WJcdNHg23iI
youtube.com/watch?v=-8AYRHy7swY
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

americas are good goyim who believe everything their american businesses tell them like their homes are the best in the world the very best and that everyone else envies them for having the best of the best of homes
>construction time quickest, under 3 months
>cheapest material costs
>cheapest labor costs, wood is babby tier
>highest profit margin

Listen European I'll make it simple.
In America you can build your house with whatever you want if you have the money.

Even here we build houses with bricks, every favela has houses better built than the most expensive villas in the us.

Every day this gets asked on multiple boards.
I build houses, we can build you whatever you pay us to build.
We can build you a house that could withstand a nuclear blast if you pay us enough.
>inb4 the jews

good goyim, money is everything even above country

You have shitty building standars because muh free market.

If we build like you do we'll be death

The savings rate is poor.

shhh... goyim is middle age modern society, let them be happy with their peasant tier houses

>Grandfather built wooden boat 70 years ago
>Same boat I use to this day, same oars and everything. My summer house is from the eary 1800's.

You americans are a disgrace to your ancestors. Kill yourself, desert-cult loving retards

All the house has to do is "meet or exceed" standards.
You want a brick house we can do it.
if you don't like it don't buy it, or build your own.

My current house was built in 1880

brick veneer is just a veneer goyim

>nytimes.com/2016/08/27/world/europe/quake-italy-architecture.html
>be yuropoor
>house shakes a little bit
>die buried in the rubble of your yuropoor shack
>"a-at least we don't build with timber"

How about instead of few more Chick-Fil-As you will build couple of brickyards and not build your houses like overgrown backyard cuck sheds?

Just dig fucking clay and fire it, it's not that hard or expensive.

>brick veneer
have never used this, why would anybody pay extra for that shit?
It hasn't been done since the 70's as far as I know.
You want real brick, pay for it, we can build brick houses here much cheaper than Europe.
Materials are less and land is less money.

Archived it for you
unvis.it/www.nytimes.com/2016/08/27/world/europe/quake-italy-architecture.html

The Italian mafia is pretty much a sum up of the American society: maximum profit, even if human life is risked.

every "brick" house has brick veneer goyim don't be silly

Romans used marble, granite, concrete blocks, brick and mortar.

How come they were able to get it right thousands of years ago?

That's just the way of the world.
Mansions in the US are often built like commercial buildings with steel ibeams. I'd build mine like that with concrete around them and fireproofing.

did you just comare 100mph wind to fucking earthquake?

What does this have to do with politics, you whiny faggot?

in the goyim world, the rest of the world is laughing because you think everyone likes to be a good goy

>every "brick" house has brick veneer goyim don't be silly

No it does not, and since this is not a serious thread, and as the only person here that knows what they are talking about, I'M OUT.

Wood frame houses are fine, price/quality is a good mix. The real problem is the jewish banking system is what makes things like houses cost multiple hundreds of thousands of dollars. The more we lean on credit, the more they can charge for pretty much everything, homes, college, a new pair of shoes.

Okay there captain redpill, lets settle down. I'm sure there is a Sup Forums Facebook group that desperately needs you right now.

so every house has solid brick framing walls goyim?

Daily reminder that this is what Northern Europeans consider a house. Nice barn, faglord.

Oh look, another yuropoor living in a 300 year old brick piece of shit.

>hop on the bed happy on second floor
>you find yourself at the first floor
>American engineering
wew

White people invented building modern houses.
Here is the real question though.
Why are kikes of being decent human beings or knowing when to quit the dumb shit before countries start decapitating you in the streets?

Ancient, tiny stone cucksheds are historical you are just uncultured Amerifat skyscrapers and modern buildings are the tool of the Jew REEEEEEE

white people were using goyim wood construction during the middle ages in europe

niggers were using sticks and leaves. What's your point kike?

goyim states of america is in its own middle ages at this period of time, so sit back and watch the show

My tenement house was build in 1892. Doors in my cellar have more history to it than your entire state.

Post a picture of your dilapidated, concrete commieblock so we can laugh at it.

Jewish role-players, pretend to be kikes while sprinkling cheeto crumbs all over their fat greesed up walmart discounted clothing

Most Roman buildings were wooden firetraps, it's just that guess what, they didn't last for thousands of years.

Builders and contractors are greedy selfish bastards. They use the cheapest materials to cram as many homes as possible into an area. They hire unqualified, inexperienced illegal aliens and immigrants as slave labor. Residential construction industry is corrupt. Home buyers get sold an inferior product. Qualified skilled tradesmen get screwed by the contractors hiring illegals. Best to buy an older block or brick home if possible.

> Why aren't Americans capable of building proper houses?

...because Muricans don't think.

American houses should use more bricks and mortar and concrete. I hate wooden walls!

It's funny you say that actually. The house I grew up in was built in 1891. The house I'm leasing now was built in 1910.

My wood house turned 100 this year. Still great.

on a serious note, wood is actually a fine method of construction in arid climates and if they're properly insulated. it's in the more humid regions of the country where the humidity and bugs make them substandard

Europe = asthetic
USA = Easy to replace quickly in disaster zones like Texas, Florida, or California.

You make me ashamed, fellow Europeans.

Except you, Swedefag

Houses in Florida are made from cinder blocks.

the benefit of wood construction is that the skill level required is low, which is especially good if the education level of the local workforce is low, or if its too low there's always immigrant labor

Brick veneer can cover concrete masonry. It allows for a cavity to conduct water and insulation in the cavity. It replaces wood siding, maybe less expensive and much more durable in sun and rain. It is not a flimsy alternative. Concrete is often less expensive than wood construction. Wood is warmer, costs less to transport. Mostly, people like living in trees more than caves. BTW, these buildings in Florida are designed to survive the wind. Watch what happens.

Wood can flex. Flexibility is a very good engineering property for a building. Obviously steel can flex and is better too, but steel is expensive.
And brick is a fucking meme. A meme to meme all memes.

The answer is that these home are modern. You need a lot of wiring, plumbing, and ducts in a modern home, and you also need to be able to quickly and easily update and upgrade these.

Next thing I know is you europeans are going to tell me that you don't even have central vacuuming in your homes.

the problem with concrete is humidity, if you build it in a humid region you'll have mold problems. europe is a mostly humid region. they don't use concrete to build their houses but brick blocks that allows the building to breathe

central vacuum is a 90s meme no one uses central vacuum setups in 2017

What about metal?

too many cavities so you still have pest problems

How are your houses built?
I've built houses in America, to code. They are strong using modern methods. The materials are all made nominal to fit together to form a strong structure, capable of all sorts of geometric varieties. Obviously old houses are shit. Hurricanes destroy wooden structures of course. Do you live in a Hobbit home? What are you getting at.

>There are no brick houses in the USA
Okay

Whaty does a red pilled house look like?

This is the style I like btw

>pest problems
The materials you use to build a building will not affect whether you have pest problems; if they can't hide in one place, they will hide in another. Dealing with pests is what traps and other pest control is for.

I'll tell you what. My house has central vacuuming, and it's awesome. You get some industrial grade suction without having to lug around a heavy machine, and it takes everything right to the garage so you don't have to empty it every few minutes.

If your house has more than eight rooms, you should have central vacuuming.

This.

Can't wait to watch the businesses who sold out their countrymen get sucked under.

only reason we have some shitty homes is because of illegal immigrants who go into the construction business, get their shit done quickly and without thought, and get their well-earned money.

Op.. you are nuts and have no idea about construction. The international building code is used here and the stupid GBC gets it's creepy fingers in also.

solid masonry, suspended slab floors
youtube.com/watch?v=CsWysVgGViE

We build our timber frame houses to a lower standard then the us and there fine

When was the last time Europe had a storm with 100mph plus wind?

>having more homeless people is worth it as long as we get to force people to live in expensive buildings
Why is everyone else so retarded?

youtube.com/watch?v=WJcdNHg23iI

>Easily repairable
>Can be reinforced
>Usually built in areas that are calm
>Much better insulated

I'm assuming you're upset that it's not built out of concrete or stone, which will be good awful in certain states. Your dingy little stone shack probably won't survive an earthquake. I'm pretty fucking sure an earthquake would level your entire city.

Japan has earthquake. A house of bricks and stones is dangerous at earthquake time.
And the 2/3 land is forest in Japan. Therefore we have used woods for a house.

The EU doesn't have to worry about Earthquakes, Tornadoes, or Hurricanes...and yet American houses have withstood all of those, if they're well constructed. God forbid something happens in Europe the whole country would fall down...

Even with a well built house from brick and concrete you can really do anything about flooding.

That will wreck any house

Hempcrete dispensed by mobile 3D printers is the future famalam

Construct everything in contrete.

Wooden houses are great against earthquakes if built properly

>babby stomps off after giving shitposters their (you)s

Japanese houses tend to be light as fuck with no insulation as well. Not to mention they aren't usually built of straight up concrete or stone

So what's the best way to build a house if money is not an issue?

Wood house makes a space to survive if the house collapsed at earthquake time.

Wow, how unfair. It's almost like the Free Market is working properly?

the german way

Well yeah.
>The longer the house takes to build the more you pay the builders
>Most expensive materials will probably give you at most 30 more years before you have to replace all the same things in a low material house
>Houses aren't lawns, Red Maple is the most common tree found in the US, it's considered a medium grade building material.
>Houses are artificially inflated this much is actually true, but by location.

We're just looking for reasons to remodel.

you can buy new houses in germany for 200k euro, they're not big, or have huge garages, but they'll still be standing in a couple centuries

>flimsy quality

lol what?

>live in a cave

That is a craftsman bungalow. Similar to what I live in. They are built like fucking tanks, 1910s-1930s era.

Wooden McMansions are cheap to build.
Its why civilised white folk have wooden summerhomes.
Americlaps just choose to live all year round in their little fire hazards

same reason NZ is mostly wood framed houses

less likely to collapse in a quake and easier to repair

in straya it's cheap and you really don't want huge thermal mass in a country with hot summers and mild winters - once a brick/stone/concrete building heats up from a few days of sun it takes forever to cool down again

youtube.com/watch?v=-8AYRHy7swY

Don't pretend you don't know what he's talking about

>German engineering in a nutshell

We don't have more homeless people (not by a long shot) we just have better building standars, we use bigger nails and dig a little more before start building.

Simply basic shit that's not ridiculously more expensive.

in a couple centuries there won't be any germans or germany left

Construction standards and practices vary widely across the states because it is a huge country and has so many different climates. Ppl who say stuff like why are all american homes built like such and such are neets whove never seen another part of the country.

He has probably never shopped for a home. My neighborhood is a mix of new construction with historical architecture and turn of the century homes with the original architecture. The older homes sell for about $100K - $150K more and they're all the same size.

Is this really so triggering to eurotards that we need a thread about it every day?

You fuckers get your jimmies rustled over the stupidest shit.

>being this dumb
I can assure you that most European houses are held to much higher than your plywood sheds

>Nice barn, faglord

Lol, Barn?
You're being nice.
That's barely big enough to qualify as a tool shed.