D-did we get it wrong?

thelocal.se/20170908/confirmed-viking-warrior-was-a-woman

>Viking warrior found in Sweden was a woman, researchers confirm

>“Aside from the complete warrior equipment buried along with her – a sword, an axe, a spear, armour-piercing arrows, a battle knife, shields, and two horses – she had a board game in her lap, or more of a war-planning game used to try out battle tactics and strategies, which indicates she was a powerful military leader. She’s most likely planned, led and taken part in battles,” she said.

Other urls found in this thread:

skepticalhumanities.com/2014/09/07/women-of-the-viking-age-kicked-ass-but-that-doesnt-mean-they-were-vikings/
youtube.com/watch?v=E9vcRzerT2E
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sack_of_Baltimore
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

No it's just the Swedes being cucked as usual.

Yeah, but Vikings knew how to play the game (bring back the nicest looking women, and rape them to make more nice looking women), yet they let a woman lead them?

Maybe it is just the exception that proves the rule, I guess.

ZHE

Hot, desu.

>tfw no femdom Valkyrie gf

Viking culture held men and women equal, it just so happens that testosterone filled men might be better at raiding or warring.

Could also be that a shortage of men meant anyone who was able bodied would have to take up arms. Maybe from disease or famine, either that or as a way to infiltrate societies

>Viking culture held men and women equal
surprisingly this

>recent excavations have actually uncovered a woman holding some kind of board game with the cryptic label "MONOPOLY" on it
>experts suggest this was some kind of training game used to hone property management skills
>could this woman have been some kind of powerful world leader?
>all signs point to yes

Not really surprising, back in those days women actually grew up, unlike the women we have today who remain manipulative children until they die or become a crazy cat lady.

Of course.

Seriously, you're fucking retarded if you think women have always been the 1950s conception of 'meek domestic housewife/part time slave'.

Until they found a mass grave where female remains are mixed with male there's exactly 0 proof that women were ever used in warfare to any significance.
There's no proof that she fought anyone, she could be a chieftains wife or a daughter, that was buried with his valuables.

One woman? huh, I didn't know 60% of the Vikings warriors were women, I can't believe I didn't know that 80% of Vikings were women. I hope our media and textbooks start publishng the truth that 99% of Viking fighters were women.

I can't believe their entire society worked so well, and with not a SINGLE man??? Amazing

So are the few women who were buried with weapons warriors? Possibly, but it’s difficult to say for sure. We don’t really know why they were buried with these items. Were there female Vikings? Well, the Vikings Wiki certainly things so:

Shield-maidens were women who chose to fight as warriors alongside the other Viking men in the pagan Scandinavia.

They took part in warfare, and they played vital strategic roles in the battlefield, where the shield-maidens were either part of the front-lines in their shield-wall formation, or were the ones who helped close the gaps in their defense by picking up the shields of the fallen and holding them up themselves. Scholars like Britt-Mari Näsström suggest that sheild-maidens [sic] where transsexual women who where adapted as warriors to fit in.

Wow, that’s super-specific. And there’s absolutely no evidence for it. Shield-maidens are often associated with valkyries, who were mythological semi-divine women–not real, historical warrior women. Lagertha, the shield-maiden from Vikings, may have started out as a goddess or giantess. Lagertha, along with several other warrior women, also appears in Saxo Grammaticus’s Gesta Danorum, but these are all within the realm of legend rather than history. Saxo also disapprovingly presents them as transgressing normal female behavior, and they are ultimately defeated. Also in the realm of legend is Hervör of Hervarar saga ok Heiðreks.

skepticalhumanities.com/2014/09/07/women-of-the-viking-age-kicked-ass-but-that-doesnt-mean-they-were-vikings/

It is unreasonable for us to assume the gender of ancient corpses based physical characteristics.

Next research confirm:
>Viking warrior found in Sweden was a muslim woman

Their mindset on the same tier as looking at Ancient Greek gods like Athena, Artemis, and then arguing that every hoplite was a woman & only females could hunt.

>Athena was a goddess of wisdom therefore it's clear that all Greek armies were led by women

how do we know she wasn't just playing dress up?

Are you a fucking idiot? Do you know how many women fought for Russia in World War 1?

Is this an lgbtbbq post?

Ah yes, that world war in 900AD... truly devastating to the viking populations

>Do you know how many women fought for Russia in World War 1?
Are you a fucking idiot? How could you possibly equate battle with firearms with hand to hand, melee combat?

No, but it does make poignantly clear that only women were considered wise. Same reason all the oracles were women, and why we still maintain the phrase 'wise woman' today.

We're talking about women in combat here. Do you really think those women weren't trained in melee combat too?

absolutely shit tier logic

Military service showed me that there are real-life valkyries.
Out of about every 100 women in the military, there would be 1 woman who was as good or better than most of the men in the unit.

It's just like how lower average racial IQ doesn't mean that you can't have a smart black man.

Why are people mistaking the belonging of the warrior with the warrior himself?

>Academics findings match up exactly with the prevailing sentiments in academia.

in other news, swedish archeology department secures research grants surprisingly early this year.

So all the oracles were women because they were weak and needed to be cooking, right? That's why kings sought their counsel before war.

Makes perfect sense.

If you're retarded.

>Do you really think those women weren't trained in melee combat too?
No, no I don't. I don't think you have the slightest clue what sort of hand to hand training the average military goes through, much less melee tactics from the early 1900s. I also don't believe the average woman back then could magically stand toe to toe with the average man, what do you think has changed in the last 100 years?

>Out of about every 100 women in the military, there would be 1 woman who was as good or better than most of the men in the unit.
If you even worked with women in the military your opinion is irrelevant.

Do you ...know what the Oracles actually did? They weren't philosophers, they were paid to hallucinate from cave fumes and provide cryptic messages. Herodotus even wrote about instances where people would bribe the Pythia (oracle at Delphia, most famous by far) into providing spooky prophecies to their enemies.

They existed as political prophets, and were bribed and extorted to this end. I'm only going into depth here because you missed the entire point of my post

>Do you really think those women weren't trained in melee combat too?
You do know that for melee combat strength and size play a BIG role and Women generally aren't as strong or big as their male counterparts right?

>shield maiden burial
Um, no shit? How is this news?
Did everyone somehow forget who Freya is in the last century?

>picture of Swedish Women Circa 2020 Race War

This isn't news. Sarmatians and Massagetae (probably the inspiration for and the actual amazons) had female warriors. Or the females drove the husbands chariots. It was still a patriarchal society though.

What the fuck do you think an oracle is? It's essentially consulting a witch. They thought they had magical abilities that gave them foresight and the ability to transmit prophecies. If you think oracles are an accurate representation of the average female in any society, you're a braindead gender studies major who's extracting what you want to see out of history. Were all women treated the same as the temple virgins? Chieftains daughters?

I can't believe Lagertha shot Aslaug in the back like that. She won't go to Valhalla like that right?

>Vikings were women
>Hitler was a gay jew negro
>Romans and Greeks were negros

What else am I missing?

The whole "women were warriors because they were buried with weapons" shtick was debunked years ago.

youtube.com/watch?v=E9vcRzerT2E

>The grave of a twelve year old girl was found with 3 dimensional grid board containing plastic models of battleships along with red and white pegs.
>Historians have concluded that she was a navy admiral during the second world war.

>Scholars like Britt-Mari Näsström suggest that sheild-maidens [sic] where transsexual women who where adapted as warriors to fit in.

>Female viking warriors weren't female at all but trannies that were convinced that they're female

Nordcucks. Nordcucks never change.

Can I get uh one Hammurabi's code.

yeah woman did everything everywhere cause there the new flavor, next.

I will lose to a male with 100 lbs. mass on me almost without question. It's one of the reasons why I'm so pro-gun. If any liberals cared about actual equality between men and women, they'd be pro-gun too. Even a grandma with a shotgun is scary.

>armour-piercing arrows
can't believe those weren't banned

>naww duuuude my professor said like, oracles were philosopher queens n shit mayne, they ran ancient greece homie

Here lads, bury me with a box of Monopoly so cunts think I was rich as fuck 500 years from now.

>conveniently discover this now after so long
Fake and gay. All planted to push feminism.

Swedish Vikings were factors. They were traders and little else. The Norwegians were the explorers and Danes the conquerors. Swedes shouldn't even call themselves Vikings.

Vikings were black.

>tfw body gets exhumed and mocked by commies thinking you're rich

Have you never manhandled a woman be for? It's comically easy.

There have always been a small number of capable female military leaders. Artemisia of Caria, St. Olga of Kiev, Ching Shih, etc.

That doesn't mean that we need to immediately gender-integrate all combat units and celebrate the triumph of feminism. Every statistic has outliers.

This. In medival times everyone of the same Family got into the same grave. She might have been the widow of some Soldier, who didnt come back alive and just got his valuables buried with her when she died.
Thing is that modern Research often is twisted out of context to suit a certain confirmation bias

Vikings got slaughtered in most large scale engagements against other organised forces, more likely Sup Forums was right as usual

>female military leader
>poor success on the field

figures

>Bury myself with monopoly board and money
>RICH QUADRILLIONARE UNBURIED

>she said
Probably not made up at all

They forgot to mention her skull was crushed in

>current year +1
>not knowing men didn't exist until Yakub created them in 250AD to curse women

Remind me again why the fuck I would believe leftists who say this warrior was a woman?

There is a high correlation between female warriors and the complete fucking end of a civilization. Wonder what location and period this "viking" was from... if it wasnt just another case of woman getting buried with her husbands shit because his body never came back

women getting in line to get the semen of the corpse. also checked

Less than a few thousand. What's your actual point bitch boy?

can't wait for a bunch of autists to die playing risk, and for future scholars to label them the new alexander

Toxic femininity confirmed!

>b-but she was buried in a settlement away from any site of battle, died of old age, zero indication of injury, and was buried with her family as tradition dictated
>she was OBVIOUSLY a badass wonder woman mythic hero warrior who died in battle

YWN have a QT brand new looking K98k

>Why are people mistaking the belonging of the warrior with the warrior himself?

Criminally underrated commentary.

Second

Nothing hotter than a woman with a lust for capturing and having other women raped id wager

she could of been daughter of a powerful warrior or jarl. Its quite common for a family associated with war and power to bury their women with weapons that doesn't mean she used them or fought with them.
Shield-maidens like Japanese samurai's daughters were expected to defend their homes if attracted but not actively participate in a war or a viking unless the viking was colonizing new land and needed settlers.
We have first hand accounts of this in the viking sagas of women picking up swords and attacking raiding Skræling , however we have no accounts of women going to war.
what would be interested if she had cuts in her bones or healed bone or shattered bone by blunt trauma.That would show she participated but it seems this was not found.Also she was quite tall so shes had an easy life with a good diet not a sign of a hard military campaign.

>D-did we get it wrong?

No.

They pulled this one before. "We wuz warrioresses!" then it turned out they weren't.

>A few battalions, some nuns and some medics
>Compared to millions of men
Go on

> D-did we get it wrong?
Get what wrong?
The theory of Patriarchy?
The defelection from islam to try and pin Europe as the epicenter of all anti-female philosophy?

Neils Bohr was a trans plural group of black women. He wished on his death bed that people might remember him with the pronouns "yall" "yall bitches" and "sistahs"

>She’s most likely planned, led... battles,”

very, very unlikely. no man back then would follow a woman in battle.

>she had a board game in her lap, or more of a war-planning game used to try out battle tactics and strategies, which indicates she was a powerful military leader.

I play strategy war games all the time, does that make me a grand military strategist?

The lengths these cucks will go to try and push their agenda is astonishing.

I would not be surprised. Among the Germanics, Nordics, and Britons women could also be warriors, it did not happen often, but it did happen. Remember Queen Boudica led the Iceni in a bloody revolt against Rome because they killed her husband and sons; she lost in the end, but she was still respected by the tribe and men followed her into battle.

>larping existed back then
Pretty interesting.

The language is so dishonest too.
>powerful military leader
why add "powerful"? There is no evidence of her leadership besides a flimsy connection to a board game (which is bullshit anyway) - let alone evidence of her great, "powerful" accomplishments. It's so obviously political

>Bring back the nicest women.

That's why there's only ugly broads in Ireland? Because of centuries of warfare and harsh weather, the vikings valued the family ancestry very much. The rich, smart and powerful survived. We are talking about groups of very small societies, where you could say your name and instantly be recognized. The rich and strong men married the best women, this has been going on for maybe thousands of years.

>reading comprehension
It says that female viking warriors were female that essentially posed as men to fit in not the other way around

They faked this shit along with that "Islamic ring" garbage to push their globalist ((("diversity is our strength and always has been"))) agenda

they will hang for this

Well, it's not impossible. Even romans employed some tribe of warrior women as mercenary troops. Brits had Boudica.
Fact that 99,9% of women are shit soldiers doesn't mean they NEVER can be good at it.
Also she could be a glorified good luck charm for her raiding grup. Christians had Joan of Arc too.

>Burger level education

Also she wasn't a foot soldier but a commander of some sorts the article indicates. Very common in celtic and germanic cultures.

Breaking news: viking warrior's things found buried...

Does it matter? There's no evidence for her claim of "transgender soldiers" besides her own political agenda. Hormone supplements/blockers did not exist in 900AD Scandinavia, so there's less than zero evidence for such an ass-backwards retarded claim

>no man back then would follow a woman in battle.
Boudica, Joan of Arc, Ching Shih...
It happens. It's not common but not impossible.

Yes i didn't refutre that and i agree but at least get the complaint right

hahaha.. whats next?? they will find niggers in sweden so they can tell children that all these niggers on the street were always there

the left goes to any lenlgth to justify their bullshit

---

>Boudica
>good military leader
read a book redit

she was a wife/daughter of someone in power so she was buried with things associated with high social status and that's it

these

WE WUZ SHIELD MAIDENS N SHIT UNTIL DA EVIL PATRIARCHY BROUGHT US DOWN

Could be a high ranking Viking's daughter or wife who liked to play the board game with him.

She was buried with two horses, armor and other gear. Would the armor have fit her? How heavy is it? How many arrows and what are the dimensions of her skeleton? Could she have been able to wear that armor with weapons? Are there any inscriptions

Why two horses? Could one have belonged to the other partner?

Honestly, while I'm not surprised Sweden has jumped to this conclusion, I think it is really naive and foolish of them to think she was some kind of military Viking tactitian.

>trusting modern anything

sage

>Boudica, Joan of Arc, Ching Shih
all fictional characters.. lol

how about Wander Woman?? huh?? lol

>man would never follow a woman in battle

men will absolutely fight for boobs

Wouldn't only be the vikings that toke slaves in Ireland.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sack_of_Baltimore

it will be unicorns next week that did everything.