Equifax, one of the three main credit reporting companies...

>Equifax, one of the three main credit reporting companies, said this week that a major data breach exposed Social Security numbers and other important information of millions of people.

>The breach affected about 143 million in the United States, as well as some people in Canada and the United Kingdom, but Equifax didn't provide a number. Hackers had access to the data between May and July, Equifax said. The company discovered the hack on July 29 and publicly announced it more than a month later on Thursday.

abcnews.go.com/Technology/wireStory/equifax-data-breach-49724230

>That vulnerability, according to a report on the data breach by William Baird & Co., was in a popular open-source software package called Apache Struts, which is a programming framework for building web applications in Java. >Two vulnerabilities in Struts have been discovered so far in 2017. One was announced in March, and another was announced earlier this week on Sept. 4. At the moment, it’s unclear which vulnerability the Baird report was referring to.

qz.com/1073221/the-hackers-who-broke-into-equifax-exploited-a-nine-year-old-security-flaw/

This is important to many of my fellow burgers and it's being completely over shadowed by the hurricanes.
Spread this info to all those you care about.

Other urls found in this thread:

equifaxsecurity2017.com/frequently-asked-questions/
youtube.com/watch?v=qHcGVOJXRzI
youtube.com/watch?v=0Q8dwAfZLx8
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

What is EQUIFAX?
How does it affect you?
What can you do?

Pic related

Bump

There is a website to "check" to see if you've been doxed. Of course the website was actually made by the hackers in order to phish out anyone that the hack missed.

Bump for actual important shit
It's tough to combat Saturday bants on the first page

data shall be cross-referenced to ips of antifa
kek wills it

It's an agreement that if you accept, they will not be liable for your info getting out so you can't sue them. Where did you get the hackers and phishing from?

I heard something about the fine print not being allowed to join class action lawsuit, but you can opt out.

DON'T FORGET ABOUT THE CEOS SELLING THEIR STOCKS BEFORE ANNOUNCING

Yeah. It's funny because all the news have reported that, but of course the ceos deny knowing about the breach.
This Can turn out to be a fucked up ride for my fellow americlaps

If they knew back in June, did the stock even increase since?

Bump

Not sure, but it took a 15% nose dive yesterday I believe

I swear they are either idiots or they know they won't face any actual consequences. People still trust the financial sector kek

Bump against the sea of millenials and neets on Sup Forums atm

>implying it wasn't just the government updating their databases keeping everyone with any assets in the grid in check

Could be
Bump

Java was a mistake

Bump

Thanks for keeping this going. This shit cant be allowed to slide.

They will just pay the "oops, you got caught" fee.
They cashed out for billions.

It's a little of both. Our criminal justice system is incapable of prosecuting these things, or investigating government corruption, or pretty much anything useful, really. Also, the American public is mostly zombie slaves, so they don't even have worry about street justice.

Well shit, Sup Forums says the people at the top never get caught or charged, yet think Clinton and others will be charged.

No one thinks Clinton will be charged with anything. We just hate her and want her to die

Bump

Reminder to burgers, make sure to read the ToS fully before entering your SS# on Equifax's website to check whether your data was stolen. Reports are they are being slimy cunts and are trying to deprive you of your right to sue them over any loss/fraud that is committed with the data they lost

nothingisbeyondourreach.jpg

equifaxsecurity2017.com/frequently-asked-questions/
>The arbitration clause and class action wavier included in the TrustedID Premier Terms of Use applies to the free credit file monitoring and identity theft protection products, and not the cybersecurity incident.

Entering your data in the tool does not enroll you in the TrustedID service but merely gives you a date on which you can do so.

THAT BEING SAID, there are several signs that Equifax's website is a steaming pile of insecure horseshit (debug left on, stock wordpress install, improper SSL config, etc.) and you shouldn't enter your social there anyways.

Here's an important detail:

Bump for non trap, non bbc actual important topic

This pretty much covers the fuckup and executive fucks. I've even been showing this to family members who didn't even hear about this.

youtube.com/watch?v=qHcGVOJXRzI

>Music composition

How the fuck do people get recruited for something they were never in education for

does that happen a lot

Hurricanes are stupid fidget spinners anyway.

Diversity.

She was hired for this exact moment. Who else could play the fiddle while the company burns.

Yeah, losers with retarded degrees still have to get a job some day.

Bump

This is what happens when you use affirmative action to out a woman with a degree in music composition in charge of data security of one of the world's largest credit reporting agencies.
Equifax has no one to blame but themselves.

>people can now freely take out mortgages, apply for student loans, attempt to file for your tax returns, and even secure employment in your name

it's all over

What's the role of a professional?

FREEZE YOUR CREDIT

To report on government diversity quotas.

Well, what can you do about it?

I assure you, they could not care less. Perhaps their executives are a little grumpy over the taxes they'll pay on the stock they sold before it tanked, but that's the extent of the fucks they give.

>A fucking music compositor
These are the consequences of hiring people based on genitals and skin color instead of merit

Doesn't stop them from draining accounts

The degree isn't really what matters, universities are a joke. Its the complete lack of IT experience

Tell everyone you know what the news is under reporting for one

>get info stolen from company you never gave it to
>they won't be punished or at best will get a meaningless fine
>you have to worry about identity theft forever
>only "solution" is to freeze your credit
>have to pay every time you need to unfreeze it

it was apache struts

That's one weird dragon dildo design.

>no one to blame but themselves

This would be a great cautionary tale if it didn't actually involve stakes that literally nobody agreed to. It's fucking bs and nothing will change.

So wagecucks btfo? NEET's win again!!!

all of the credit checking companies should be mandated to implement an option for 2 factor authentication to do a check. it would solve so much of this bullshit

NEETS who never picked up a government check, used cash for everything, never went to college, leased or owned a car, rented an apartment etc
So yeah, if you've been a hermit since birth you're in the clear brah

I've never taken a loan on anything or rented anything.

That would require a functioning government of people who are not criminals.

so you live with your parents?
what are you going to do when someone literally steals your house by taking out multiple mortgages on it?

If you have a social security number, chances are you're in there.

get a job I guess.

Too late. Some cheaper mexican got that job.

>tfw the government is implicated because they check your credit history with equifax when you apply for welfare

>female
I'm surprised.

women fail upward in corporate environments because they tend to be counterproductive in any position that isn't a frontend that involves little to no skilled labor.

Sucking dicks?

Quota's full? Are you sure?

Its fine, that job woulda sucked anyways.

Not gunna lie most jobs do

Bump

Diversity quotas.
Women rode on the coat-tails of niggers when they got hiring quotas written into law back in the 60's.
Basically, companies hire them at ridiculous wages then give them a meaningless job title that has no real impact just to say they have a girl/nigger on their salary staff to keep the government off their backs.

Bump

Could this be connected to voter fraud? Or make illegals using stolen ssn worse?

>Or make illegals using stolen ssn worse?

well considering everyone's SSN is now up for sale I'm going with yes.
Also, this effects millions of Canadians and British people as well. If you've had a financial dealing over the internet (applied for a job online, bought a house, got a loan) using a American company you're basically fucked at this point.

Am I already fucked for the class action lawsuit or will I be fine if I don't finish singing up?

i cry ever tim

>mfw it says I was affected

Why haven't I heard about this before now? 143 MILLION?

What the FUCK

I bet Trump addresses this personally. Perfect opportunity for national voter ID and ssn security changes to prevent illegals from using stolen n's.

EVERYONE was effected user. You just signed up for fraud protection owned by the very same company that lost your personal info in the first place.

Remember, you and your information are the product they are selling. They give not one fuck about how this affects you. Muh capitalism. Muh free markets.

how do you find out whether or not you were affected? Where do you check?
Also what if you have shit credit like me? Will people even want to steal your identity?

The breech was barely in the top 10, but the type of data released makes this devastating.

haveibeenpwned.com - an excellent resource.

I keep telling you guys to fucking stay away from credit card companies and credit in general but nobody fucking listens to me. This is exactly why. To this day, I do not own, nor have I ever owned, a credit card. And I am 28 years old.

STOP BUYING SHIT WITH MONEY YOU DONT FUCKING HAVE

STOP PLAYING INTO KIKE USURY

THE BIBLE WARNED YOU ABOUT THIS SHIT TWO THOUSAND MOTHERFUCKING YEARS AGO

Ah. Thanks dude

You are not enrolled yet.

Class action lawsuit rock! I just got $50 from Symantic for a product I don't even remember buying.

There's not one system we've ever had in all of human history that wasn't implemented that didn't benefit those already at the top.

A couple of days ago someone tried to break into my Cryptopia account. I had the account locked (thank God that i was notified, could have lost all of my investments). I wonder if this is related.

How do I get involved in this Class Action suit?

It isn't just credit cards. Pretty much anything from getting a cell phone plan to cars to credit cards might use Equifax to do credit score checks. Hell your bank might use Equifax at times as well depending on the bank and region.

>I keep telling you guys to fucking stay away from credit card companies and credit

This is beyond that at this point. You don't even need a credit card to be on these credit lists. As soon as you are born and issued a social security number, you're one of them. I use a card but only those pay as you go card and only because I need it to order things online. I only put on it what I can afford.

*you're on one of them

To follow up on this, if you don't want to do a full freeze on your credit, you can file a 90 day fraud alert. This requires lenders to take extra steps to verify your identity in the event a new line of credit is opened. It also grants you access to a free credit report outside of the annual free one you can get.

At the very least do this. It's easy and takes like 5 minutes of your time. It doesn't matter which reporting agency you do it through, you just have to do it once and they notify the other ones.

The reason a freeze might not be opportune for a lot of people is the fact that in most states this means you will have to pay money to allow creditors to access your credit file. If you don't plan on applying for any loans, credit cards, or apartments anytime soon, a freeze might still be the way to go.

Also you can renew the 90 day fraud alert as much as you want/need to.

This is what haveibeenpwned.com returns for my email address.

>To this day, I do not own, nor have I ever owned, a credit card.

Irrelevent user. You're credit score isn't based on whether or not you have a credit card.
Ever applied for a job? You're in their system.
Ever got a loan? You're in their system
Ever opened a bank account? You're in their system

People like you who actually think they're safe just because they've never had a credit card are prime real estate for identity theft because you just sit on your ass and assume you're safe while pedro is running around with your SSN enjoying the benefits of reking your credit because you never bothered to keep track of it.

>You just signed up
No I didn't, I already have identity theft insurance through Geico kek

>Muh capitalism. Muh free markets.

Oh yeah forgot this link about that as well

youtube.com/watch?v=0Q8dwAfZLx8 go to 5:47

These three companies have essentially assumed the power of arbitrator of your financial freedom. In the US, financial freedom = essential freedom. The "c" level executives almost certainly are guilty of insider trading. Nothing will happen to them. But hey, muh system is not so bad.

That site automatically signs you up when you gave it your personal info to see if you were effected. Also, you agreed not to sew them in the future.

Next time try reading the TOS of something before you sign on the dotted line.

So why do we use SSN as an ID number again? Why don't we just get an actual ID that works country wide?

>haveibeenpwned
In the case of the Spambot hack, they are quite useless. They obviously can't tell you which password was affected, so you're left wondering which of your accounts was affected by the breach.

pls respond

Americans truely cannot do anything right. Do you need the kiwi to come sort your shit out m8s

Debt gives people the opportunity to get things they otherwise could not have. It is used for growth and necessities. Credit card history is a good view of personal responsibility. (i dont have a cc either) debit for me