Are you for or against mental health check/license for buying/owning guns?

Are you for or against mental health check/license for buying/owning guns?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Political_abuse_of_psychiatry
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Please provide arguments

I like the way it is right now: fine to buy unless you've been committed without your consent.

poor duck

Doctors in the US are too quick to diagnose mental disorders for that to work

Doctor says you're bipolar as a kid? No guns for you

I think that it is a goose

against it.

mental illness is too ambiguous of a thing to restrict a right over

It's my right, so I can own a gun, and any gun no matter what....

The amount of mentally ill people that commit crime with legal weapons is minuscule compared to crimes made with unlicensed weapons.

If an genuinely mentally ill person buys a gun, the first person he is going to shoot is likely himself because he is suffering.

Against. The AMA cannot prove a single postulate from their religion of atheism which is what the AMA plus psychology really are. They will call a person who believes in God mentally ill. Believe in demons or Hell? Mentally ill. Believe in afterlife, telepathy or extraterresrial life? Mentally ill.

There are no constitutional rights that are respected in the competency hearings. You're there until they say you can leave. The abuses are horrendous. Look at the real history of psychiatry - it's snake oil.

The AMA jumped the shark in their power grab via Obamacare and it's going to blow up in their faces.

The religion of psychiatry needs to prove it has a shred of credibility before it's used to take your rights.

I'm for it, but it's unenforceable, though I think it would be good.
At home gun making has moved at light speed lately.
I guess someone who is really mentally ill would not be competent to do this at home.
But then, they probably won't have a good strat for a high score.
If they were mentally ill enough like the CO theatre dude, they can make their own weapons. He even made explosive traps at his apartment for the cops to find.
>tldr; things are moving in the wrong direction for them to be effective.

>I guess someone who is really mentally ill would not be competent to do this at home.

you don't understand mental illness at all then

RELEASE THE DUCK

This

That's what she said

SHALL

Until a few years ago homosexuality was classified as a mental illness, and now it isn't. Putting jews in charge of deciding who is crazy or not, and who should be allowed firearms is a bad idea. Besides, a crazy person can just take someone elses gun and go on a shooting spree. Maybe you should worry about not being such a faggot instead of how to control people you don't like.

I talk to a 30 year old schizophrenic woman who actively thinks her family is trying to kill and rape her. Do you think she should have a gun?

She shouldn't have freedom, desu. Bring back asylums.

Against otherwise I'd never get a gun

Mental illness is too big of an umbrella. There definitely are mental conditions where you shouldn't be allowed to own a gun, like people who are severely, severely bi-polar.

Yup.
Where as in Europe they need to get actual brain scans done to diagnose shit like autism.

yes

People often bring up mass shooters and especially school shooters and that they are mentally ill and ban could prevent them

I think that it is a goose

No I do not

>AmericanChokesCanadian.png

I found her on twitter responding to that nut Brian Lee Henderson. I found all her websites and profiles. She was in a hospital for over a 100 days and apparently ran off across the border into the United States and was evicted 2 days ago.

I have been in talks with her brother in an attempt to save her from a life of homelessness.

your whole country is suicidal and mentally ill yet you still have an army. Should we take away your sovereignty?

>This
Depression and Anxiety are mental illnesses that effect hundreds of millions of people worldwide. Neither cause people to kill others with guns even a fraction of a percent of the time.

>trying to white knight a crazy spic on twitter you'll never even meet in real life

uber-cuck

Who chokes geese?
>Are you for or against mental health check/license for buying/owning guns?
An analyst of mental health is a viable option to combat potential psychopathic gun owners.

Well then "mental illness" needs to be defined and have specific characteristics. I would think it would be unfair for someone who was once treated for depression in the past to never be able to own a firearm ever.

I just find it interesting to talk to crazy people. I wanted to find out her story. There wasn't much to know though because she was apparently never sane anytime recently. She isn't a spic. She's from Canada.

Do you trust mental health professionals? A soccer mom that is one might believe that owning a gun is a sign of poor mental health

I do because I just provided an example of someone who was mentally ill and built bombs at home.

based doggo

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Political_abuse_of_psychiatry
No.

See question part f. or question 11

There ought to be no government-mandated requirements to purchase firearms. Any requirements would only be abused to prevent law abiding citizens from owning guns, not to mention that such requirements violate the Second Amendment.

Rather, sellers should simply be held liable in civil court for any crimes committed with a firearm that they could have anticipated within reason. This way, firearms would not be easily accessible to those with criminal backgrounds and violent tendencies stemming from mental illness.

There's no reason to create another bureaucracy to do what the market is itself capable of.

With all the bad consequences that can potentially come from going to a mental health care professional, you'd have to be out of your mind to go to one.

Found my Sup Forumsschizo.

So you just enjoy contradicting yourself or what?

>who chokes geese
People who know what's up on those downydindus.

>People often bring up mass shooters and especially school shooters and that they are mentally ill and ban could prevent them
Most school shooters are niggers or beaners conducting gang activity. In any case, the best way to deal with school violence would be to require that teachers (at least) be armed.

Jew shill thread the mods are doing nothing about.

honestly you should only be allowed to buy guns if you voted for the current president

I think if someone has had a history of violent outbursts (assault, threats, etc) and has not been treated, or at least analyzed by multiple psychiatrists, then they should be temporarily barred from owning a firearm. Then again, given how easy it is to corrupt the government into strengthening their own power at the expense of the people, I should probably just sit back and watch the chaos unfold.

Good night, Sup Forums.

beware the honking jew

Teachers should have at least one of their arms amputated and replaced with a high caliber rifle

(((mental health professionals))) are not to be trusted.

hey dont choke you goose bro

>what is Drapetomania
>what is Oppositional Defiant Disorder

If you kill the duck, would it die?

LET LOOSE THE GOOSE

>poor duck

9mm should permit them to use the barrel as a chalk holder and deliver less-than-lethal discipline to rowdy students.

That's a Canadian goose. Those things are Satan.

I'm against giving democrats any more power.

The question should be "Should autists be allowed to own guns?"

NOT

does the goose live :(

>People often bring up mass shooters and especially school shooters and that they are mentally ill and ban could prevent them

Here's the thing, when they get checked up there can be nothing wrong with them. Then a few years later when they already own guns something can snap in them through a traumatic experience and they go on a killing spree.

You already did fudd retard.

fuck I hope not. geese are absolutely horrible creatures

Against because liberals will somehow find a way to make conservatism or distrust of big government a mental illness.

SHALL

NOT

Nice trips
James Brady was a Republican

No, but its the childless ones who I trust the least.

t. Gun owning soccer mom

>DONT HOLD ME QUACK

>ITS NOT WORF IT

Yes.

Everyone should have the right to own a gun.

NATURAL SELECTION, MOTHER FUCKER!

Against. Anyone so mentally unstable they shouldn't be able to buy new firearms is so dangerous they can't be allowed access to household chemicals, automobiles, metal implements, sharp plastics, wood clubs...

In short if they shouldn't be allowed to buy a firearm they shouldn't be free.

Infringed

Unless you were falsely accused and convicted in a fake court

Against.
It is not within the abilities of government to lawfully infringe on your ability to purchase or own firearms. It is outside of their purview. Any argument otherwise is faggotry.
I'm for a mental health check/liscense for voting as well as breeding though.

>Against because liberals will somehow find a way to make conservatism or distrust of big government a mental illness.
They've already started with vets having ptsd. Plus I think it's retarded for any ex con to never own a gun. All you are doing is encouraging them to buy illegal. Problem not solved. There are guys who sold a couple ounces of weed 20 years ago who are now "dangerous" criminals. I wonder if drug rehab centers qualify as mental health institutions?
I tell you honestly the people that scare me the most is ex vets who are now cops.

Against, the soviet union used involuntary mental illness commitment to silence their political opponents and take away their rights. At the hospital I was working at one time a police officer was going to get committed, and he was not willing to do it voluntarily. His boss came and talked to him and explained that if he did not voluntarily do it he would lose his job. The guy then signed in voluntarily. If you don't allow people this out then they will never get help voluntarily for fear of losing their 2nd amendment right. They will never get help and may actually do something dangerous. Therefore do NOT punish people for getting help, and do NOT make a mental health check a thing. The slope is slippery, and eventually they'll make it that if you don't follow PC culture then you should be committed. I fucking swear this would send our country down the 1984 path where you will be having ideas called thought crimes. Fuck this and everything about this. sage

RELEASE THE GEESE

why? that man violated the NAP.

SHALL

>In short if they shouldn't be allowed to buy a firearm they shouldn't be free.

Most people are less mentally stable or rational than you give them credit for.

So this is more or less an argument for totalitarian dictatorship

>Most people are less mentally stable or rational than you give them credit for.
I've gotten into a few bar fights where it prolly was a good thing I wasn't "packing".
Sometimes I scare myself.

it would be great if we could stop truly insane people from getting guns, however the state could just go in afterwards and claim X Y and Z is now a mental illness.

This is fucking stupid, I have been committed now I can't buy a gun to save my life? Filthy normie scum.

As a father I can appreciate your genius

Depends. What did this goose do to this guy? I want to be objective. Geese can be fuckers.

It's a goose. If that picture doesn't make you happy you've never been around geese.

And Dianne Feinstein and friends appear to mostly be democraps.
Nothing wrong with a few limitations. Criminals,crazies and druggies shouldn't have access to firearms under normal circumstances.

Dont get committed?

.t doesn't know how easy it is to be committed

I think retards should own automatic weapons. I need more happenings.

Then get help on your own and don't force the cops to drag you in because you're yelling memes naked in public?
Super simple stuff.

The progressives of 2017 will probably say mental health checks are racist.

Someone can try and commit you on hearsay alone

Quite underrated

Against
Who decides what is and isn't mentally healthy? What if somone has an anxiety disorder? What is considered mentally healthy "enough" and why?

Way too easy to abuse it for gun grabbing purposes especially as the definition of "mentally healthy" is constantly changing.

Neat, I'm sure that'll hold up extremely well in court.

I find the effect for me is the opposite. I calm down a lot quicker when I remind myself that I can end the lives of everyone in the room, and it puts everything into perspective

You're fucking stupid.

I wondered if op was advocating a goosemurder prerequisite for gun ownership.

What country? They already ask if you are mental on the ATF 4473

You are truly a nigger. Please kys. Really. KILL YOURSELF.

I'm for an IQ check for letting shitskins into white civilization.

How? If you're willingly committed then you're fine, if you're unwillingly committed (for an appropriate reason) then you're probably better off not being near guns or sharp objects.