ITT we thank Europe for bringing multiculturalism to the Americas

>ITT we thank Europe for bringing multiculturalism to the Americas

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Massacre_in_the_Great_Temple
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I'll start, thanks for letting me hear this beautiful master piece of black/Caribbean/white music called despacito blasting from my neighbour's house everyday

Bump
Let's hear your insightful experiences

>While Hernán Cortés was in Tenochtitlan, he heard about other Spaniards arriving on the coast – Pánfilo de Narváez had come from Cuba with orders to arrest him – and Cortés was forced to leave the city to fight them. During his absence, Moctezuma asked deputy governor Pedro de Alvarado for permission to celebrate Toxcatl. But after the festivities had started, Alvarado interrupted the celebration, killing almost everyone present at the festival, men, women, and children alike. Unarmed and trapped within the walls of the Sacred Precinct, an estimated 8,000–10,000 Aztec nobles were killed.

>At this time, when everyone was enjoying the celebration, when everyone was already dancing, when everyone was already singing, they came to close the exits, the steps, the entrances [to the patio]: They attacked the man who was drumming and cut off both his arms. Then they cut off his head [with such a force] that it flew off, falling far away. At that moment, they then attacked all the people, stabbing them, spearing them, wounding them with their swords. They struck some from behind, who fell instantly to the ground with their entrails hanging out [of their bodies]. They cut off the heads of some and smashed the heads of others into little pieces. They struck others in the shoulders and tore their arms from their bodies. They struck some in the thighs and some in the calves. They slashed others in the abdomen and their entrails fell to the earth. There were some who even ran in vain, but their bowels spilled as they ran; they seemed to get their feet entangled with their own entrails.

such a rich culture

because it simply wasn't diverse enough

>”These people had no letters nor script, neither knew to write nor read. They communicated with images and paintings and all their history and books were recorded in figures and images, with which they knew about their ancestors and had memory of what they did and what they left recorded for more than a thousand years before the Spanish arrived to this land.”

>”Most of these books and recordings were burnt as other idolatries, but many of them are still hidden. After we came to this land to preach our fate we gathered many young men in our homes and taught them to write, read and sing. As they did well we ensured to teach them grammar and a school in Santiago de Tlatelolco was built for this purpose. This school received the most able young men from all the neighboring towns. ”

>”The Spanish and clergymen who knew about this laughed and mocked, being sure that no one could teach grammar to people so unskillful, but working with them for two or three years they came to understand every art and subject of grammar and speak Latin, both written and spoken and even to write heroic verses. ”

>”As the secular and ecclesiastic clergymen saw this they became frightened of such thing being possible: I was the one who worked with them for the first four years and taught them about Latin and its knowledge. ”
>”As they saw that this project would continue and that they were improving, and they were constantly achieving more, the clerics started to disapprove the school and object about the risks of idolatry this implied. ”
- Florentine Codex by Friar Bernardino de Sahagun, Tenth Book, Inform of the author
The College of Tlatelolco closed 5 years after Sahagun's death

This thread is pathetic and should feel bad about it. Now excuse me while I laugh at your 30% Spaniard blood all the way from here.

>I miss the blood-drenched corpses tumbling from the top of the pyramid after their organs are removed to sate the sun god
I'm sure you do.

Thank god those savages are gone. Sadly their genes still carry on from race mixing.

You guys wouldn't exist if it weren't for Europe, you'd all either be violent barbarians or tree hugging hippies

>dindus gonna dindu
really gets that noggin joggin doesn't it

>According to the Spanish the Aztecs sacrificed 10 000 children every year., yet only 42 sacrificed children have been found in the most important temple of the empire. 42 children in 200 years. On the same spot the Spanish massacred 8 000 unarmed nobles and their children in a couple of hours. en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Massacre_in_the_Great_Temple

>Guzman's troops everywhere committed terrible depredations. The first province he marched through was Mechoacan, the inhabitants of which still possessed abundance of gold, though not of the finest quality, as it contained a considerable alloy of silver, for which reason Guzman compelled them to contribute a larger amount. Casonci, the principal cazique of the province, boldly refused to give him so great a quantity of gold as he demanded, wherefore Guzman ordered him to be tortured, by pouring hot oil over his feet; but as the unfortunate cazique, notwithstanding all the torments he endured, still remained firm to his purpose, he was ordered to be hung.
- The True History of the Conquest of New Spain by Bernal Diaz del Castillo, CXCVII

lmao

>Spanish conquistador Hernán Cortés arrived in Tenochtitlan on November 8, 1519. With an estimated population between 200,000 and 300,000, many scholars believe Tenochtitlan to have been among the largest cities in the world at that time.[14] Compared to Europe, only Paris, Venice and Constantinople might have rivaled it. It was five times the size of the London of Henry VIII.[6]
>It has also been suggested that the Spanish conquest of Mesoamerica influenced the history of the botanical garden[14] as gardens in Tenochtitlan established by king Nezahualcoyotl,[18] also gardens in Chalco (altépetl) and elsewhere, greatly impressed the Spanish invaders, not only with their appearance, but also because the indigenous Aztecs employed many more medicinal plants than did the classical world of Europe.[19][20] Hernando Cortés reportedly told the Spanish monarch that the Aztec physicians were superior to those in Spain, so superior, in fact, that the king need not bother sending Spanish physicians to the New World. Statement later confirmed in a early letter by the personal physian of the Spanish monarch who spent 7 years studying the Aztec medicine in a research trip that was expected to last 6 months: ‘"I marveled, in this and in innumerable other herbs, which are nameless among us, how in the Indies, where people are so uncultured and barbaric, there are so many herbs, some with known uses and some without, but there is almost none, which is not known to them and given a particular name".
>Mayan estimate of the length of the synodic month being more accurate than Ptolemy's,[2] and their calculation as to the length of the tropical solar year was more accurate than that of the Spanish when the latter first arrived
>The Aztec Triple Alliance, which ruled from 1428 to 1521 in what is now central Mexico, is considered to be the first state to implement a system of universal compulsory education.[4][5]

> His mighty empire was conquered by eight white guys and a horse
Stay mad Xltoactl Gonzalez

and I will laugh at your unemployment

Beheaded by Spaniards, beheaded by narcos. That's a shitty history you got there, Mechuacanaxoatl. Now stop crying about it and fix Oaxaca already so that little Techuatl and Filtuatl stop coming to my country and becoming drug dealers.

Look at who is talking. I mean Spain's economy is shit, but it doesn't have murder rates rivaling that of a warzone.

diseases form the new world introduced to the old world:
- a bed bug infection
- syphilis (disputed)

diseases from the old world introduced to the new world:
- bubonic plague
- chicken pox
- cholera
- diphtheria
- influenza
- leprosy
- malaria
- measles
- scarlet fever
- smallpox
- typhoid
- typhus
- whooping cough
- yaws
- yellow fever

>But probably nothing seemed more weird to the Spaniards than the Aztec attitude to personal hygiene. Simply, for the Aztecs being clean was cool. One Conquistador reported, in a tone of wonder, that Moctezuma bathed twice a day. He did, but there was nothing extraordinary about that for an Aztec, since everybody ‘bathed often, and many of them every day’ in the rivers, lakes or pools.

>The Mexica also used deodorants, breath fresheners and ash to clean their teeth with (Spaniards of the time cleaned theirs with urine!) The Aztecs cleaned their bodies – and souls – in steam baths. An outside fire heated one of the walls via a small tunnel to red-hot, and the bather threw water on the hot wall, creating steam.

>Into this clean world, thundered the Spanish. The 16th century was a really dirty time in Europe: ever since the Black Death, people avoided water and washing like the plague; and the Spanish in particular thought and taught that being dirty was a Christian Virtue.

really activates the almonds

the americas were way behind technologically/ they didnt even know how to use wheels. just look it up. egypt was way better

you guys didn't even know trig

lmao
m
a
o

>It has been speculated that the Maya solved this urban transportation problem by constructing a 100-meter long suspension bridge across the wild river in the late 7th century. The bridge which featured three spans extended from a platform on the grand plaza of Yaxchilan crossing the river to the northern shore. The 63 meter center span remained the longest in the world until the construction of the Italian Trezzo sull'Adda Bridge in 1377

>They agreed to work at it viribus et posse, and began at once to divide the task between them, and I must say that they worked so hard, and with such good will, that in less than four days they constructed a fine bridge, over which the whole of the men and horses passed. So solidly built it was, that I have no doubt it will stand for upwards of ten years without breaking —unless it is burnt down — being formed by upwards of one thousand beams, the smallest of which was as thick round as a man's body, and measured nine or ten fathoms (16.8-18m) in length, without counting a great quantity of lighter timber that was used as planks. And I can assure your Majesty that I do not believe there is a man in existence capable of explaining in a satisfactory manner the dexterity which these lords of Tenochtitlan, and the Indians under them, displayed in constructing the said bridge: I can only sav that it is the most wonderful thing that ever was seen.
- Fifth Letter of Relation by Cortes to Charles V

>still didn't use wheels
>still didnt understand anything really

terrible civilization honestly. better than africa but that is it

thanks mexibro, you make me feel proud of my native and spanish blood.

desu though it was 2 violent empires killing eachother. the spanish were evil and destroyed a wealth of knowledge by burning books but they also gave us colored eyes and hair and in a few hundred years western civilization.

although hairless women would have been nice too.

Jesus christ
>literally WE WUZ KANGS

>still didnt understand anything really
ahh yes, the eternal white

>Tenochtitlan was founded on an islet in the western part of the lake in the year 1325. Around it, the Aztecs created a large artificial island using a system similar to the creation of chinampas. To overcome the problems of drinking water, the Aztecs built a system of dams to separate the salty waters of the lake from the rain water of the effluents. It also permitted them to control the level of the lake. The city also had an inner system of channels that helped to control the water.

>During Cortés' siege of Tenochtitlan in 1521, the dams were destroyed, and never rebuilt, so flooding became a big problem for the new Mexico City built over Tenochtitlan.

>Mexico City suffered from periodic floods; in 1604 the lake flooded the city, with an even more severe flood following in 1607. Under the direction of Enrico Martínez, a drain was built to control the level of the lake, but in 1629 another flood kept most of the city covered for five years.

>Eventually the lake was drained by the channels and a tunnel to the Pánuco River, but even that could not stop floods, since by then most of the city was under the water table. The flooding could not be completely controlled until 1967, with the construction of a Deep Drainage System.

>The ecological consequences of the draining were enormous. Parts of the valleys were turned semi-arid, and even today Mexico City suffers for lack of water. Due to overdrafting that is depleting the aquifer beneath the city, Mexico City is estimated to have dropped 10 meters in the last century. Furthermore, because soft lake sediments underlie most of Mexico City, the city has proven vulnerable to soil liquefaction during earthquakes, most notably in the 1985 earthquake when hundreds of buildings collapsed and 45 000 lives were lost.

>half bloods arbitrarily choosing only half of their heritage to identify with and them making themselves butthurt
Nothing to see here

>No meme flag
>flipping the multi-culti meme on Sup Forumsacks
>10 posts by this ID
>Not reddit spacing
>Actually discussing the topic, even if it is just bait
Holy fuck either /leftypol/ is evolving or is this the beginning of a great rebirth of somewhat civil discussion on Sup Forums?

>Babylonian and Egyptian mathematics were far ahead of even Aztec mathematics in the year 1400. Aztec mathematics never really even got trigonometry and focused mostly on cycles and chronology.
>Before 2500 BC the Ancient Egyptians calculated an inaccurate, but very close, approximation of π to 3+1/7 or 22/7. The most mathematically advanced Native Americans never seemed to have gotten that far.
>At some points New World bows were very comparable to Old World bows (the Arctic Small Tool culture got their bows from the Old World via Siberia), but by the 1300s crossbows were common from Korea to England.
> As other answers said, Native American domestication was far behind that of the Old World. New World horses began going extinct during the Quaternary Extinction event, and were gone by 5000 BC (see Page on horsetalk.co.nz); Native Americans never managed to domesticate them during the 7,000+ year overlap between their settlement of North America, and the last horses dying out. Horses were becoming increasingly rare by 5,000 BC, however, so overtime there was probably less and less contact between humans and horses in the Americas.

>we wuz Aztecs
The Spanish beleived the ruling class were a different race from the modern descendant from those mexicans. They said most had inferior souls. Odds are given what I've read about that degenerate region, they probably deserved. Go Spain

>Éramos reyes

unfortunately the only rebuttal is replying in memes or insults. you'd get better discussion on reddit and that's saying a lot.

>only 42 children have been found
This is not substantive evidence to refute Spanish estimations, since it is well recorded that most human sacrifices that we know of all over the world involved grinding up the bones and burning all of the body into ashes and scattering them into the water. This is how it was typically done. Mt Lykaoin is well recoded by Greeks many different pagan sources that they human sacrifice for thousands of years with hundreds of victims. And yet we have found only one or two bodies.

Here's the thing on Mt Lykaoin for proper reference

Massive civilization fielding hundreds of thousands of troops accustomed to grisly warfare with the neighbors who are constantly plotting against them, all BTFO by 600 Spaniards. Six hundred. That's all.
They were so filled with hate against each other that it was a simple matter for Cortes to play them against each other, as he himself says in his second letter.

Dont get me wrong I love the Aztecs (Nuatl), Mayans, Zapotecs they are my favorites. Of all the human sacrifice religions probably they were among the most innocent

>Aztec mathematics never really even got trigonometry and focused mostly on cycles and chronology.
no, not the chronology card!
icxhuatctetcl BTFO

>> As other answers said, Native American domestication was far behind that of the Old World.

While the extinctions around the late Pleistocene saw the end to mammoths, giant sloths, horses and the like in the Americas, the extinction rate of North American mammals actually reached its highest level some six million years ago, resulting in the demise of about 60 genera. Several species of horses were driven to extinction at that time. Not so long ago, there was no evidence of an overlap between North American horse extinction and the arrival of humans, let alone evidence of their hunting horses. There is now clear evidence that mankind hunted North American horses but were they doing so in numbers that made a difference? It is a question that may never be answered. Evidence also suggests horses were originally domesticated, not just for riding, but also to provide food, including milk. “It’s hard to see this as one of those things where a single piece of evidence will make it obvious what happened,” Scott Wing, a paleobiologist at the Smithsonian Institution’s National Museum of Natural History, told National Geographic. “The phenomenon that people are trying to explain is not something that happened in one place at one time. It happened across the globe, at different times on different continents. I think that there are clearly multiple factors involved.”

why memexíco no make pemex profitable?

>>At some points New World bows were very comparable to Old World bows (the Arctic Small Tool culture got their bows from the Old World via Siberia), but by the 1300s crossbows were common from Korea to England.

>had to develop crossbows because you forgot that atlatls existed and you eventually just used your arm to throw the javelins
bravo

>"The armor which they use in war are certain loose garments like doublets made of quilted cotton, a finger and a half thick, and sometimes two fingers; they are very strong. Over them they wear a doublet and hose all one garment, which are corded behind. This garment is made of thick cloth and is covered with a layer of feathers of different colors, making a fine effect. Some companies of soldiers wear white and crimson, others blue and yellow, and others again of different styles. The Lords wear over everything garments like short jackets, which with us are of chain mail, but theirs are of gold and silver gilt. These feather garments are in proportion to their weapons, for neither arrows nor darts pierce them, but are thrown back without making any wound, and even with swords it is difficult to penetrate through them."

- Chronicle of the Anonymous Conquistador, Chapter IV, About their offensive and defensive arms

>"(About the estolica or atlatl) With this weapon, made of wood and about 60-90 cm long, they throw javelins with such a force that many have witnessed them pierce through a man and his coat of mail. In Peru this was the most feared weapon by the Spaniards."

- Inca Garcilaso de la Vega, History of the Conquest of the New World, Volume XII, Chapter X

>thanks for letting me hear this beautiful master piece of black/Caribbean/white music called despacito

Well that's really the fault of the Jews, pero lo siento.

>Native Americans
>Culture worth preserving
Pick one.

>hernanndo cortez wrecked all this with a few dozen men and some horses

J U S T

10,000 a year does seem hyperbolic though, and you can't claim the Spanish wouldn't make such propaganda.

>10,000 years
pleb MVNDVS is 5999~ years old.

>oh shit some catastrophe is coming?
>better sacrifice people en masse
Such a beautiful and amazing culture

haven't mentioned the victims wearing the skin of the last human sacrifce victim. Wearing it until the skin of the prior victim rotted off. That ritual requires A LOT of victims. It's okay Mexican. The Nuatl required a lot of people to offer to their idols. We still respect them, but they desreved what they got

Sure Tenochtittyland was the most advanced settlement in the New World at the time, but that's not saying much.

If they wanna WE WUZ REYS that's fine. Beaners have a slightly more noble legacy than groids.

Oops, sorry. That was for my slide thread.

Honestly. If there was a button that would push all people to live around/near only people of their own race I would push it.

Tenochtitlan was bigger than any european city of its time, with a bigger population and all of it's population had access to clean water, something unheard of in Europe, citizens of the empire actually bathed daily while europeans lived in filth.

t. abo

shut it nahuatl dont question the 6 gorillion that were sacrified by the evil aztecs!

>defending reddit in an capacity
at least you show your true colors

>he thinks beaners actually built any of this
KEK

with the help of all the armies of rival tribes and diseases that killed 90+% of the native population, yes.

>(About Tlatelolco) The bustle and noise occasioned by this multitude of human beings was so great that it could be heard at a distance of more than four miles. Some of our men, who had been at Constantinople and Rome, and travelled through the whole of Italy, said that they never had seen a market-place of such large dimensions, or which was so well regulated and with such order, or so crowded with people as this one at Mexico.
- The True History of the Conquest of New Spain by Bernal Diaz del Castillo, Chapter XCII

Spanish soldiers and colonists estimated that about 60 000 people thronged the market regularly prior to the introduction of epidemic diseases, a number equivalent to the population of contemporary's Rome, Renaissance's Florence of the and Lisbon of Age of Discovery.

>"On their route they passed through three provinces, that, according to the report of the Spaniards, contained very fine land, many villages and cities, with much scattered population, and buildings equal to any in Spain. They mentioned particularly a house and castle, the latter larger, of greater strength, and better built than the castle of Burgos (the castle of the kings of Spain); and the people of one of these provinces, called Tamazulapa, were better clothed than those of any other we had seen, as it justly appeared to them."
- Hernan Cortes, Second Letter of Relation to Charles V

>According to the Guinness Book of Records, Cholula is in fact the largest pyramid as well as the largest monument ever constructed anywhere in the world, with a total volume estimated at over 4.45 million cubic metres, even larger than that of the Great Pyramid of Giza in Egypt, which is about 2.5 million cubic metres.

Aztecs are a dead race, rightfully so. Catholic Spaniards built Mexico(as much as we could before PRI dictatorships, i.e Jews); if you want to keep worshipping shitskin animals then advocate for Oaxaca/Chiapas independence. GL with that unassimilated roach lair.

We didn't bring multiculturalism to the Americas, we brought our culture and told the rest of you to fuck off.

>Catholic Spaniards built Mexico; if you want to keep worshipping shitskin animals
not at all!!
i also firmly believe things turned out for the best :)

>"Moctezuma possessed out of the city as well as within, numerous villas, each of which had its peculiar sources of amusement, and all were constructed in the best possible manner for the use of a great prince and lord. Within the city his palaces were so wonderful that it is hardly possible to describe their beauty and extent ; I can only say that in Spain there is nothing equal to them."
(...)
>"The city of Iztapalapa contains twelve or fifteen thousand houses; it is situated on the shore of a large salt lake, one-half of it being built upon the water, and one half on terra firma. The governor or chief of the city has several new houses, which, although they are not yet finished, are equal to the better class of houses in Spain –being large and well constructed, in the stone work, the carpentry, the floors, and the various appendages necessary to render a house complete, excepting the reliefs and other rich work usual in Spanish houses.

>"We now entered the town of Iztapalapan, where we were indeed quartered in palaces, of large dimensions, surrounded by spacious courts, and built of hewn stone, cedar and other sweet-scented wood. (...) After we had seen all this, we paid a visit to the gardens adjoining these palaces, which were really astonishing, and I could not gratify my desire too much by walking about in them and contemplating the numbers of trees which spread around the most delicious odours; the rose bushes, the different flower beds, and the fruit trees which stood along the paths. (...) But, at the present moment, there is not a vestige of all this remaining, and not a stone of this beautiful town is now standing."
Bernal Díaz del Castillo, True History of the Conquest of the New Spain, Chapter LXXXVII

degenerate tatood beasts. Cortes was right. Wasnt he. You know deep down he was right and you cant prove me wrong fora ll your 'citations" you will always know taht they deserved it. they deserved it ...........

PRI = the perfect dictatorship.

The mistake of Mexico was the entire La Raza movement, where your literal plebs thought they could manage a rich nation like Mexico at the same aptitude of Spaniards / higher caste.

>Cortes was right. Wasnt he. You know deep down he was right and you cant prove me wrong fora ll your 'citations"
can't argue with that :)

>"These people live almost like those in Spain, and in as much harmony and order as there, and considering that they are barbarous and so far from the knowledge of God and cut off from all civilized nations, it is truly remarkable to see what they have achieved in all things."

>We didn't bring multiculturalism to the Americas, we brought our culture and told the rest of you to fuck off.
rightfully so :)

Those people are 18 Street gang (aka Mara 18).

>US CIA created civil war and shit all over Guatemala and other countries.
>People fled those countries to the US (illegally).
>Large groups of said in the ghettos of LA started banding together due to discrimination and poverty. Eventually formed a bunch of gangs.
>Said gangs grew in power until the US got its shit in gear and started deporting all illegal immigrants in said gangs.
>Large gobs of returning gang associated immigrants arrived in now poverty stricken south american countries and decided to recreate the gangs there.
>Since the local governments were all fucked up from all the shit they'd been through they were unable to keep the gangs in check and now they're so big and powerful that there's no way to get rid of them.
>Hugely powerful south american gangs now have the resources to export their gangs back to the US as well as several other countries.

tl;dr: US did this to themselves.

it is isnt it since only half of a percent was human the rest were animals as Cortest said

leaf

yeah thats all well in good for the central and southern american civilizations but how do you explain the big load of nothing in that the north americans accomplished.
Well thats not quite fair, they did have organized civilizations, they just collapsed before the westerners arrived

I laugh at your 70% muslim blood....wait no that means... Emm where you get the best tapas?

But for all your reading I bet you dont know what killled 99.5/100 of the Nuatl, they said it was the giants that killed them all not the diseases. That happend eh right before maybe a generation. You wonder why there are all thsoe ruins. Wonder no more. You ignorant beast. Your ancestors were just a bunch of chattle to the nuatle overlords. And they died that way. Take no pride. They were your masters. All the Aztec nobility were taken across the sea and were married off.

>this is what christians actually believe

one sneeze was all it took...that and they used lead utensils and committed human sacrifice.

the aztecs should have conquered north america while they had the chance

wouldve been better than the indians

I gave you physical evidenec you are more than welcome to given physcial evidecne to the contrary, besides the "lack of" whihc is no proof above as explained above. subman