There's nothing wrong with futurist architecture. It is objectively the best form of architecture

There's nothing wrong with futurist architecture. It is objectively the best form of architecture

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8z1H5DRQ_L8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

If you want something objecrively the best why waste money on bullshit design

modern architecture is fucking beautiful, elevates us to a higher level, not to some gay greco roman buttfucker past

Amazing

>I want a building
>Cool. What design?
>Hit me up with that CPU cooler

>unusual angles

kys over 6 gorillion times, you pleb, then have corpse raped by the mujaheddin

Depends on if it's shit or not. There's fleecing the customer to make something look distinctive in the skyline to move shekels into apartment residency and then there's looking at the site properly.

I like 'futurist' design when it considers the surrounding climate, seasonal sun coverage, purpose of use and most importantly human scale. Frank LLoyd Wright was great with human scale and internal volumes of buildings that was both artistic and rational. His furnishing fetish is hard angle torture pron but that's not the point.

I'm wondering if a lot of these examples aren't just marketing ploys made to be shiny instead of cultural landmarks meant to have any sort of longevity. Re-Use of strong existing structures always seems the better route when feasible. Modern day construction trends prefer speed to quality and decision by committee and popularity contest curtails a lot of these examples initial potential.

Not an architect but a big fan of IRL level design. As an aside is there any way to improve the Commie Block design as far as population density and suicide rates aside from vodka?

could've been better without the green
Not too bad, could've used better landscaping
Shit, you can clearly see the way they used circular windows the cover up how bland.
Ugly as fuck. Should be used to house a shipping company, not a bank.
Too complex, but okay. Not large enough to be impressive.
Decent front facade, but the arrangement of windows was around the main central one looks like pure shit. Decent building, would make a pretty decent museum for something like aviation.
A mess of concrete, missing the point for an abstract building.
Pretty interesting, like a callback to those old Airstream Trailers. Windows near the top are pure shit though. Should've had them curve with the facade rather than just look slapped on at a 70 degree angle.

Modern architecture is just a massive dick waving contest. It's okay in moderation, but the Germans especially are over doing it, adding pointless shit to buildings for seemingly no reason without adding any potential benefits.
This is a case of the architect with a paintbrush, it's a saying where an architect who acts like an artist will generally make poor decisions, and since they make themselves seem like a high class artist, nobody on the project speaks out about an aspect looking like shit.

Some of them are really nice
Problem is that a lot of modern "architecture" looks like completely crap because it wants to be so "different" and "special"
At the same time a lot of existing styles have firm rules that make them look good no matter what

The problem is experimentation, they have a schedule, they know it will take longer to construct than a typical building, so they don't even run opinion polls on the public to figure out what looks nice anymore.
They draw something up, go straight to cad and design the basic structure in the space of a few months.
Is probably the best example of things going in the right direction. They don't seem to draw attention away from any other buildings, they use wooden panels, and invoke a feeling rather than just glare at you.

I agree, futuristic architecture is the best. Europeans must create futuristic cities while not destroying the classical cities with their corresponding type of architecture.

These cities must be built on Mars, due to the lack of space in Earth. After the colonization, the white people must be preserved in a freezers while other races build the futuristic cities (Then they will be deported back to Earth as millionaires, banning their entrance to Mars forever). After being defrosted, our people will finally be able to live in peace and with all types of luxuries, while working hard to improve the white race by creating gadgets such as jetpacks, holograms, teleporters and most importantly the colonisation of space.

We'll still go to Earth, but we'll keep it only for tourism

youtube.com/watch?v=8z1H5DRQ_L8

that building has all sorts of construction issues in real life, leaking roofs and windows

theres good and bad modern architecture same as anything else

I fucking love futuristic architecture. Here the Netherlands we have shitty "historical" villages and towns out of medieval times. They are ugly they are not modern, no beautiful glass buildings, no IT jobs, only this boring small-town-life (everyone knows everyone, no diversity, etc.)

They should be destroyed imo, they actually cost us money. Especially throwing money and restaurations of castles and other boring buildings costs billions of euros. These building are not energy efficient and so they also contribute to climate change.

We should start by demolishing these old crappy buildings and invest in new infrastructure, climate neutral buildings and sustainable energy. This is the future and which will make more money instead of just "m-muh culuture".

garbage

These designs age worse than white women

Eat shit and die.

See that picture is exactly what post modernist deconstructists and the Zerg kikes are not trying to build.

Can't build beautiful structures when you're non God fearing faggot heathen

What's the point of having money and being "in the future" if every building around you looks like crap? I mean, the outskirts of Amsterdam are ugly and boring as fuck, with new ugly buildings just randomly placed, whereas the center of it... well, everybody knows, it's a beautiful place

You're a fucking jew and it's fucking obvious

>>Lynch your self kike

Shut up fucking foreigner, if you want jew architecture move to Rotterdam just like all Moroccans. Perhaps you're one of them

zeker fan van futurisme

Most of it's ugly Jew garbage that grew out of brutalism and modern art movements.

I do like some modern architecture, like the stuff that is legitimately well engineered and functional, and looks like it was ripped straight out science fiction. However, though I can appreciate the beauty of good engineering, it's no comparison to the craftsmanship of traditional western architecture .

Just more degeneracy

Kanker op

(((Futuristic)))

Any building that breaks all standards of proportion, scale and balance is degenerate.

This post right here famalam

I just want my fucking geodesic domes already.

reminder that appreciating architecture via photography is akin to appreciating food via photography.

That's beautiful. One of the main problems with old 1700-1800 style buildings is that they're not dimensioned properly for modern life. Doors are too narrow, ceilings too high (usually because they were subdivided later for more apartments), utilities are bad if not juryrigged to fit modern needs..

This solves those issues and keeps the a e s t h e t i c.

He's not jewish but he is.

gee, sites like that one will always wank over any shitty revivalism
i mean, i like historicism, but c'mon, make it look good

>the outskirts of Amsterdam are ugly and boring as fuck, with new ugly buildings just randomly placed,

That's not true at all.
There is very strong city planning, nothing is random.

It's also not boring, there are loads of places to go to and people can be creative and do new exciting things.
City center is just for tourists.

>ceilings too high
Makes the room cooler in the summer at the floor level.

pic rel some actually good historicism

I get that high ceilings were part of the design, I'm saying that in retrofitting these houses (and most have been), they've cut down room size but not roof size which makes the rooms disproportionate instead of grand.

I have nothing against high ceilings as such, just dimensioned correctly.

More futuristic shit

Beautiful.

>objectively the best form of architecture

THIS THREAD IS NOW BRUTAL

Stone masonry is a lost art. This is what happens when you brainwash entire generations to pursue useless college degrees instead of learning a trade. Just another way our culture is falling apart.

I want to go there when I'm in the area.

But is it still an oven in summer?

HOLLAND
BANK SHAPED LIKE A BOAT
HIGH ON COLUMNS
FUCK ME
It's like a fucking ark.
What do they know???

This is officially a Degenerate Architecture thread.

it's trash

People like you are the reason I'm doing Architecture at university. I despise elitist fucks who try and push this 'abstract', 'futuristic', 'post-modern', 'minimalist' bullshit as the way forwards.

>wobbly angly cadwank
>objectively the best form of architecture

Concrete is love

Concrete is life

Have some more shit

Frankensteins kitsch house

>I'm rich!

>Those water stains

So functional, so well designed

That building must be a nightmare to heat and keep cool with windows like that. Again, lacking both form and function. It's degenerate trash that won't endure the way traditional architecture has.

God fucking dammit, France?

>OCAD Toronto

Doesn't look half as bad in real life, desu.

Pleb.
>Not combining traditional/cultural architecture with your tech

>doing Architecture at university.

I always feel kinda sorry for architects.
They are the lowest of the lowest in the real estate sector.

Unless you get into the champion's league of architecture, you'll make barely more than minimum wage and spend your days drawing variation after variation of generic houses or office buildings.

Meanwhile developers make shitloads stamping out those same generic houses and buildings.

krijg kanker, vieze kankerjood

> City planner: Fuck, our skyline is not phallic enough!
> Trump: Say no more famalam

Gehry is a fucking hack

As an architect, I must say you are pretty much on point.

Egotism was always an issue in architecture. Architecture does follow culture and the mainstream philosophy of its time.
And with pseudo-intellectuals and pseudo-architects on the rise, pseudo-architecture will be dominant. As we can see from the lackluster buildings of today. It is truly saddening.

I'm sure anyone with decent wealth can errct a building in the middle of no where and make themselves feel better.

>vegas
>city planner

Trust me, I'm well aware of the bullshit. I'm ambitious though.

Best post of this thread

>How about this shit?

I think I threw up in my mouth a little

I don't even like historical architecture all that much but I would much rather live in a place filled with buildings like this rather than abominations such as
and

see, this is why you are basically european leafs.

You have shit tast in modern architecture dude.

Who decides what architecture is futuristic and what isn't? Also, pic in OP's post looks objectively sad and pathetic. I can only imagine how inefficient space inside that building is.

>As an architect
if you're still on the thread, have you seen the new shopping mall in knez mihailova and opinion?

>> objectively

I don't think you understand what that word means.

except that its inferior to brutalism

That's pretty cool tbf, different shapes are always nice to witness. Which is what it's all about; with new engineering we should push design further. To not do so would be absolutely BORING.
And yep, there's been mediocre buildings but that's part of progression.

It's pretty good and it's always entertaining to see the traditionalists whining about how it doesn't meet their subjective standards.

More soulless kike garbage

this is my home town, nicknamed "The Cheese Grater"

That's not all.

- It's a huge building but hardly anyone works there, it's mainly restricted to the higher management.
- It's full of plants and trees.
- Underground is a gigantic water storage tank (supposedly for cooling during summer, using cold water stored in winter)

It's essentially a greenhouse plus water supply they could very easily convert to self sustained biosphere for the small group of people who have access.
...yeah, they know something.

Traditional was usually just the easiest way
It is totally expected, that now that we can make totally custom random crap just as easily,
that it happens

This is my hometown, this is nicknamed 'Darth Vader's head' or 'The boat'.

Modern futurist architecture is a fucking meme and never looks as good as futurist art from the 50s and so on.

>Some retarded group of city councilors thought having a large black prism sticking out of building was a good idea

These are called the tits of The Hague.