What is Sup Forums's opinion on psychedelics? Are they redpilled, bluepilled or a tool for both?

What is Sup Forums's opinion on psychedelics? Are they redpilled, bluepilled or a tool for both?

Do you consider them degenerate on the same scale as other degenerate drugs?

Any personal experiences?

The faggot hippie culture around them is a really big fucking turnoff.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=TwjAZD9icLY
youtube.com/watch?v=ft93XOXup38
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Can be an educational experience for some people, but is extremely overhyped. They're also risky and can be somewhat dangerous, even when used responsibly.

only psilocybin mushrooms. they are the least harmful and/or addictive of any substance. increases activity in the frontal cortex while decreasing activity in other regions. they can be easily grown at home so as to avoid the stupid hippie culture and degenerates. Julius Evola did them. alcohol is degenerate

see www.shroomery.org for full archive pertaining to any question one may think of

Would have to agree on shrooms being less degenerate to an extent because of LSD being all lab shit. Although out of experience shrooms are far more likely to cause a bad trip, but I do see them as more beneficial

They're literal blue pills. Just talk to anyone who does psychedelics. Listen to the things they say and ask them questions about the amazing things they claim to have figured out because of psychedelics. These people are out of their fucking minds.
When you call them out on their bullshit their only response is ''hurr you haven't done LSD!!!!! what would you know!!!!'' when that has literally nothing to do with anything you said. You can call them out and say that nothing they're saying is some amazing divine insight because of drugs, and they have no response to it other than to say you aren't doing drugs so you're wrong.

I read a harvard study that found if a person takes a very small amount (15-20 minutes before a normal dose), the test subjects were significantly more likely to have a pleasant experience

unbelieveable how much bullshit some people can fit into two sentences...

if you even had the slightest clue what experience that is you wouldn't say that it is overhyped.

Great Post! Wanted to link this myself!

In general only thing I will tell you is: inform yourself thoroughly before doing it.

Lots of experience here with psychs and dissociatives. I think they are highly valuable.

Particularly IM Ketamine in high doses.

thats the answer I've been leaning towards. I'm currently on a path of self improvement and I'm turning myself back to Christ. When I see most of the hippie faggots who squeal all the "yo man life is allll one big joke in this cosmic roller coaster dude" and shit like that its a massive turnoff

The shroom cultists have arrived.
Notice how these ''people'' have literally nothing to add to the conversation. It's all just ''you don't know what you're talking about, inform yourself, hurr hurr I've got literally nothing to say other than to point to other people's posts and say whether or not I agree with them or not.''
This is your mind on psychedelics. This is the primary reason why you shouldn't do this. Do you really want to be like this guy? Do you want to be the guy who goes on Sup Forums and then just goes around calling people ignorant 24/7 without anything to add to the conversation?

stupid people do that with literally every substance. every addict thinks they have found a miracle. mushrooms are somewhat like taking an antidepressant without the fluoride lobotomy

don't listen to them, then. find yourself a trip sitter who isn't an asshole hippie, eat your shrooms and go for a walk somewhere green, like a park or something. it's really eye opening and could lead you to some interesting thought processes about the world. bring a notebook and pen and try to write some things down, it's hard to remember things when you're high like that. the thing to remember if you have a bad trip (not likely if the set and setting are good) is that it will end, you're just high.

Don't listen to me, just keep an eye out for the psychedelics users. These people are crazy. They are always saying the same thing, it's almost like every time psychedelics comes up as a subject the same person shows up to talk about it.
Ask them questions, ask them what kind of mind blowing experience they had and what they have learned from it. You will quickly find that none of these people can tell you anything. They're like mindless zombies.

The existence of these people is the primary reason I've not tried psychedelics. I used to be very interested in them and I wanted to try them to have some sort of spiritual awakening, but talking to the psychedelics users turned me off drugs completely.
These people are straight up crazy. Their minds are fried.

They open you up to higher dimensions/states of consciousness

Any /r9k/ fags here? Is anti buddha still active?

> it's really eye opening
Literally has never been explained. Not a single one of you cultists can explain what was so mind opening about taking psychedelics
>could lead you to some interesting thought processes about the world
Same shit

Anyone who listens to you crazies seriously deserves to become one of you. If anyone reads shit like this and thinks to themselves ''oh yeah, he makes a good point, I really want to open my mind and open up those thought processes'' they deserve to fry their mind with drugs and join your cult.

They are some of the most degenerate fuckers out there, like you, I've been intrigued for some time but seeing these faggots on youtube is enough for me to say it wouldn't be beneficial in the slightest as I feel like I'm already at a good part in my life

You can't explain it because its going to be different for everyone's mind. In the end it just alters your brain so its like living in a different person's mind for a while. At the very least that is interesting to ponder.

it would only make you feel happy. everyone response to spontaneous feelings of happiness differently. Some people are crazy and strange things do attract strange people as always. It is way less harmful than mostly anything sold at a gas station

i'm not a cultist you absolute dick, i've tripped out a few times and found it to be a decent experience. if you haven't heard a cogent explanation of what a trip is like i'm not surprised, it's because you're an asshole and talking to you about it would be painful.

well the problem you are pointing out has too many aspects and I think you aren't in a mindset where a discussion is really of benefit. you built your mind about everything and that's fine for me, I don't care about one more narrow minded idiot like you.

And I have about 14years experience with psycvhedelics, explaining the things someone can expect from it to a lot of people and even guided them through their. All of them said that it was somethinng that changed their life deeply and opened their mind to new perspectives; so from my experience the best tip I can give someone who wants to do is to be prepared.

That doesn't mean I couldn't give you more insights about the whole thing itself; it just means that I don't waste my time with idiots that already made up their mind.

I know that this will only prove your point to you, but as I said, I don't give a shit about you and also don't have the need to be approved by a faggot... I know this in general is different to the scum you are normally around but deal with it

I Took lsd discovered the secret of the universe, it wore off & I forgot.

I used to do them, but they last too long.
8 hours of going "Wow" over a raindrop gets to be too much.
and the shorter stuff is too intense in its effects for me to tolerate

It decreases activity in your amygdala and increases activity in your frontal cortex. The frontal cortex is where a person experiences what is perceived as their perception. It's like that feeling when you're a child and it's your birthday. I usually just have very deep philosophical conversations whenever eat mushrooms

LSD is the ultimate redpill.
For most people it's oneness and happiness, for people like us it's Nietzscheian nihilism (to see everything from above) condensed and intensified infinite times.

the most profound effect of LSD is its ability to trigger in the individual derealization at will, and everyone who has dabbled with this mindset knows that it's the most objective and pure outlook on the world available to man.

this is why i prefer shrooms. in my experience they only last 4 hours or so and you don't get that dirty, jittery, can't sleep feeling like with lsd or mescaline.

this. derealization makes you have to look at everything objectively, just like you said. The brain literally relaxes and focuses given the right conditions

Haven't ever tried psychedelics, but I've been interested in them for a couple of years now. Did a lot of reading.
It seems like it could potentially be a profound experience that might give me insights to change my shitty life around and learn what is truly valuable.
I'm slightly worried about potential psychological side effects (I'm not exactly neurotypical) so that's kinda keeping me from trying.
Still debating if I should try shrooms.

Even 4 hours of it gets boring to me.
1-2 hours or even less would be ok.
But thats like that awful salvia stuff

No, it's because such an explanation does not exist. You can't make an explanation for what it means to take psychedelics and ''open your mind''. You just can't.
You can't link me to any posts or videos of people explaining what it means. It's because you're trying to sell drug induced hallucinations as something spiritual and mind opening. Psychedelic users are some of the most close minded people you are ever going to find.
I've read a lot of shroomery forum stuff and I've watched channels like PsychedSubstance, and Styx. The conclusion is always the same, they have nothing. They had some hallucinations that made them feel good and they can't explain what their mind was opened to.

I gave up on trying to get into psychedelics when PsychedSubstance made a video trying to explain what exactly it is that the psychedelics do that opens your mind and changes your life. I can't remember which video it was, but the video basically had him rant for 10 minutes about nothing and the only thing he could say was that ''woah dude, the drugs made me realize that we're like one people, like dude we're all connected.'' That was the final straw for me.

ugh fuck salvia, that shit is awful. hope you find one you like, user.

I have never had a "hangover" from mushrooms. everything else does. everyone I know says the same

There is a chance you go mad.
Sanity is precious, do not lose it.
You have only one.

it is really only 1-2 hours max. 30-45 minute peak

Teach you how to look at shit from another angle

i literally could not care less about your videos and what you've read.

Christ is your best bet. We're not long for this world. Whatever answers you're seeking, He can provide them. Just don't be high on something when He comes back.

>Still debating if I should try shrooms.

The first time I took them, after about 30 minutes I get a rush up my spine and I feel like "OMG I am going to die any second.!!!fuckfuckfuck!!"
Which wasn't very enjoyable.

Once that was over I forgot how the traffic lights sequence worked & stood by the roadside for 25 minutes. lol.

I was 19 and used to read the Carlos Castaneda books which lead me to try different ones. looking back 27 years later I was probably too young to really know what I was doing.
The only one I would like to still try is peyote, but you can't get that in Britian.

That's a lie. You braindead cultists care a lot about what other people think. You only pull out this ''I don't care lol'' facade only when you realize that the person you're talking to isn't going to back down. Every fucking time.
One of you braindead cultists already did the same thing in this very own thread, see You braindead morons are copies of eachother.

wew

I already feel like I'm at a good point in my life, I know my mission on this Earth and (((their influence))) so I don't know if I have anything to gain but a whole lot to lose

it is like trying to explain colors to someone who was blind their whole life...

that lativa faggot is just like an angry kid, ranting around because nobody can tell him in words what this is all about...

also major sign of a big idiot: generalizing because of the shitty experiences he made.

Used to pick them in a local field in the late 80's.
that field is now a row of houses & get caught picking shrooms now face upto 14 years in jail.

shits changed.

This
Also earth is flat

I really enjoyed using them when I was younger. As an adult however I would only use DMT, because I don't have time to be tripping balls for 6 to 12 hours. I think drugs are only as good or bad as the people using them.

I took drugs to get fucked up, because they made me feel out of control. When I wanted to be in control I applied myself.

>it seems that it could
>might
Dude, just ask these people specifics. There is nothing more red pilling than just asking a degenerate drug user what exactly the profound experiences are. You have drug users in this very thread who flat out admit that they completely forgot what supposedly mind blowing thing they discovered while doing drugs, which makes you wonder how they even know if the thing they ''figured out'' was mind blowing or not, or whether or not it was just a dopamine induced good feel coupled with a hallucination.
These people are brainlets. Just talk to them. Ask them questions.

oh even words are too much to grasp for your mind!
Sure I care what other people think, I just don't care about scum like you.

>You braindead morons are copies of eachother.
we are all copies except for you man, you are the first and only generalizing narrow and closed minded idiot on earth ;)

I just grow them in jars. spores are legal. you can order them in the US

This.
I feel like most of the hippie faggots were already hippie faggots who entirely formed their "perspectives" based on the drug. I consider myself natsoc and already have my own perspective, so I'm not sure if I have anything to gain from doing them, yet I am still drawn to try them

ohhh, latvia. that explains it.

My favorite thing to do is go to a museum. particularly one that I have never been top before. Either a zoo or aquarium or a war museum.

>As an adult however I would only use DMT, because I don't have time to be tripping balls for 6 to 12 hours

same problem for me, when you are 18 time seems longer.
Now I have to get up early for work and all that shite.
No time for the old lsd, maybe a smoke of a joint occasionally.

Drugs are degenerate in general. Blatant self-destructive hedonism that doesn't even have a culture built up around it like drinking.

i've been thinking about doing that for a while now, i just don't want to end up with ounces of mushrooms i can't get rid of. i don't have anyone to sell them to and i'm pretty sure i don't want to play drug dealer, anyway.

Do you drink alcohol?

Druggies BTFO
youtube.com/watch?v=TwjAZD9icLY

Then dont gamble and ignore em

I know from experience psychoactive drugs can induce deep thoughts that lead to new, valuable insights since I often smoke weed. But seeing as that's not nearly as psychoactive as shrooms I'm curious about how intense its effects are.
Dismissing all drugs as degenerate is the actual bluepill. Drugs can kill, drugs can be fun, drugs can be a life changing experience. There's all kinds of different shit.
The stuff I heard and read about psychedelics has been almost all positive and very interesting.

desu I'm 47, my tripping days are probably over now for good.
Its a thing for younger folks

>latvia explains it
place 14 of male suicides, probably because they are intelligent and live happy lives :)

Yeah, you've got it all figured out, nobody is going to trick you into taking Psychadelics. Can't believe we're in the presence of such an astute mind. Do you have any other extremely strong positions that you've already confirmed and don't wish to debate that we can hear?

> can induce deep thoughts that lead to new
Name examples.
How the fuck can someone say something like this with no examples, no citations, no facts, nothing?
What ''deep thoughts'' are you talking about? Give me specifics.

Can I get a quick rundown senpai

for some people who really want to get some insight, this is a good start:

youtube.com/watch?v=ft93XOXup38

Drugs make people think they're more interesting than they actually are, which is what the Latvia guy is trying to say.

Quick, off-topic question: I'm turning 30 in October, and it's kind of bumming me out. What sort of changes can I expect, and when?

Literal bluepills, you won't get any enlightenment out of polluting your own mind.

Haha, i remember that guy.

no, latvia is a right fighter who cannot stand that there are people who are actually outside his control that he can't sway to his position using vitriol and insults.

trying to explain a trip to someone is like trying to explain color to someone who is blind

Its an experience just for you, and if done correctly, can be incredibly therapeutic

Mushrooms basically make you go crazy for 8 hours. My friend described it perfectly when he said "I'm all sixes and sevens"

Just watch it all. The guy in the video repeats everything you've already seen in the thread. All the typical ''oh, you just haven't tried drugs'', ''you're just ignorant'' and vague platitudes about how drugs open your mind.
It's the same shit every time. Just listen to it all, it will turn you away from psychedelics completely.
Every time you speak to people who use psychedelics it's the same thing over and over again. None of these people have a single original thought or anything of value to say.
It all boils down to two things - ''you're too ignorant'' and ''it's too hard to explain''

picture related

I study computer science. I often have breakthrough insights in complex problems I'm working on. Often helps me comprehend what I'm working on and see the big picture. Sometimes when I'm relaxing while high my mind wanders and I suddenly realize how I could apply certain theory to a problem.
It's all about associativity in the brain, which coincidentally is greatly enhanced by certain psychoactive drugs.

people with brain damage and dementia have been known to recover old or damaged memories using psilocybin. I use to have the paper that was written, its somewhere

That is not what I am trying to say at all, but now that you bring it up I would completely agree that psychedelic users ironically have massively inflated egos.

>I don't know about it therefore it doesn't exist
wtf i love drinking now

Tripping is awesome to try at least once, dont listen to latviafag here in this thread. It is a very curious experience that any open minded person should try on this board after reading up about it

you'll probably get a few wrinkles start to appear around your eyes soon.
other than that don't worry, 30 is still plenty young enough.

>What is Sup Forums's opinion on psychedelics
Literally escapism, a thing that makes you run away from reality.

You have to tackle the problems, not take your feel good pill to try escape the reality you're in.

Only in the west would the idea that spirituality and spiritual experiences can be bought and consumed. Psychedelics are fun, but idiots who treat them with reverence are fucking annoying.

Overall, degenerate.

I wouldn't be at all surprised by that.
The only downer is once the trip is over do they go back to as they were?

so going into them expecting some "enlightenment" and then basing your life around it is lunacy? They should just be used for shits and gigs

It slaps epiphanies into you through altering your preconceptions. A lot of people, and especially those into the drug 'culture', aren't properly equipped mentally to handle this.
For example, a healthy individual came to the conclusion that the sky was blue. The tripper was handed the epiphany and now WHOA the sky is BLUE, I GET it now. The feeling is now intoxicating and unusual so they chase this feeling with more indulgences until their mind is a bunch of deep epiphanies that they didn't construct themselves.

>tfw gf robbed me of wizardhood
D R O P P E D

it depends. since you are training your brain and it is learning to recall, I would say it is highly likely a person will retain the lost memory, especially if it is accompanied with that "epiphany" emotion.

That's my attitude towards it, though you should still respect them.

So long as your a stable guy, just try some shrooms and find out for yourself.

wow you sound like the most boring person one could ever converse with

Oh good. I still get mistaken for someone around 19-22, so I got lucky genetically, but in the bathroom mirror, up close, I can see some crow's feet and a few silver hairs here and there. Maybe if I'm lucky, I can keep aging like this, but I do a lot of physical labor at work, so I dunno.

thats a good way to put it

This is a perspective I've seen some people on Sup Forums share and it seems like it's a pretty good explanation for these drug degenerates.
There is a reason why these people absolutely hate going into details. They can't handle having to explain specifics because half the time it's just ''woah dude, I saw like a wall moving and then I met aliens'' and the other half the time they're talking some shit about how we're all connected, like it's some mind blowing epiphany to find out that doing a thing effects other people around you.
The only insights that these people can verbalize aren't insights at all, it's just some crap anyone with an IQ over 70 figures out by the age of 10.

ah who wants to be a wizard anyway :p ?

When I was 30 I still got asked for ID to buy booze.
That doesn't happen now, got a lot more silver hair and a few more wrinkles.

It adds character to ones face.

I think it's the difference between superficially knowing something to be true (being told, learned from books, observed, etc) versus actually feeling that thing to be true. Probably good for developing thorough understanding.

It's the person doing this, and most likely how they were raised as a child. I've talked to idiotic hippies that haven't done half the psychedelics I have. They then proceed to convince me to do psychedelics so I can see "be one" t\like they are.

Please recommend me a book on cannabis growing

> They then proceed to convince me to do psychedelics so I can see "be one" t\like they are.

This. I've done a fuck ton of psychedelics, and 90% of the shit I hear from others about them is total bullshit. I learned so so much about myself and how I think, etc etc more than any other "we're all one, maaaaaaaaaaan" feeling.

Marijuana Horticulture: The Indoor/Outdoor Medical Grower's Bible from Jorge Cervantes

If you use them like a responsible adult and meditate to have a spiritual experience, then it's completely worth the eye-opening experience. If you abuse them or take them when you're not ready, it really can mess with your mind.