Consumers also have piddling rights over how Equifax may continue to use their credit data...

>Consumers also have piddling rights over how Equifax may continue to use their credit data. “There’s nothing in any statute or anything else that allows you to ask Equifax to remove your data or have all your data disappear if you say you no longer trust it,” said John Ulzheimer, a consumer credit expert who worked at Equifax in the 1990s.
>But wait, it gets worse. You also can’t prevent Equifax from getting any more of your data.
>This isn’t just about Equifax. We live in the age of Big Data. We have allowed, mostly passively, the emergence of huge and exquisitely detailed databases full of information about all of us. Financial companies, technology companies, medical organizations, advertisers, insurers, retailers and the government — thanks to technology, they can all now maintain massive warehouses of information on just about everyone alive
>they can all now maintain massive warehouses of information on just about everyone alive
>everyone alive

NEETS BTFO as well

My fellow burgers, this is bullshit! (((They))) are getting away with it. Please take steps to protect yourself, friends and family. If you have the initiative and passion, write a direct letter to the heads of your state government. There is zero excuse to have this data so easily taken. And to top it off, only become news to the public nearly two months later. And of course the cherry on top, 3 CEOS jumping ship just 3 days before the stock was raped on Friday.

The NWO is really here. And this is a blatant smack in the face of every American who works hard and places their trust in these establishments. Time and time again they have proven unworthy of such trust. How much more can we take my brothers.

nytimes.com/2017/09/08/technology/seriously-equifax-why-the-credit-agencys-breach-means-regulation-is-needed.html

Other urls found in this thread:

unvis.it/www.nytimes.com/2017/09/08/technology/seriously-equifax-why-the-credit-agencys-breach-means-regulation-is-needed.html
consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0497-credit-freeze-faqs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Into archive
unvis.it/www.nytimes.com/2017/09/08/technology/seriously-equifax-why-the-credit-agencys-breach-means-regulation-is-needed.html

Equifax data is unreliable, obviously. I'd be a fool to do any business with a company who believes otherwise. It sure would be useful to have a list of companies who'd make me look foolish in this regard.

Equifax dindu nuffin

The test, 123456 may be intentional due to programming. I'm not code savvy enough to know, but from past threads one user pointed out how amateurish the equifax link (to see if you've been impacted) is.

Pic is to inform what equifax is and what steps you can do to protect your finances. Keep in mind, nothing is fool proof. Social security is another creature in of itself. But, at least being prepared for the worst will help the raping be less painful should the cunt hackers dump this info for the entire internet to swim in for years to come.

Bump

Equifax dindu nuffin

Bump for non interracial, non trap, non Mother Nature thread

Equifax shill pls

Bump

Bump

This also. Who in their right mind was responsible for giving this music major such an important position. It's people like this who are actually responsible with all the data that can destroy ones life overnight.

Bump against horrid Sunday bants and millennial frustration from a quiet Saturday night (again)

Bump

If you just agree to have this chip implanted in your hand your credit information can be safe and nobody can steal it.

Only option is to live like the amish in a small community. A simple life away from this bullshit where people help each other.

just change your passwords and shit and then move, no biggie

lemme just change my SSN real quick, oh wait I can't I'm stuck with it for life

>no biggie
Kek

what if i have zero social media, no bank account and browse the web through multiple proxies?

So, wait. if I don't have equifax am I still affected by this?

fuck. I remember when I used to laugh at people quoting the bible talking about the anti-christ and the mark of the beast.

I am not laughing anymore. I think we may be right on the cusp of this.

What if I only have a debit card ? I've never had a credit card so how would this effect me and what can I do? Sounds like your just suppose to wait until a collection agency sends you a letter in the mail and dispute the charges then. Am I wrong? Aren't we covered until the first 500USD?

You have it, like it or not. Read the article by the (((NYT))). No one who breathes and moves has a choice. And this is fucked up

I dunno, were you born in a hospital?

You ARE affected by this because your credit information is stored by them. Equifax Inc. is a consumer credit reporting agency in the United States, considered one of the three largest American credit agencies along with Experian and TransUnion.

So when people look up your credit worthiness if you want to buy a house, car, TV they check those sites to see if you are a human that pays their bills or a nigger that doesn't.

reminder: you can freeze your report

consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0497-credit-freeze-faqs

If you have a social security number, Equifax has your information. You have no choice. But don't worry, their security team is very good at writing music.

When I saw that information I just about shit my pants in anger.

well fuck

This is...big

I work in analytics for a huge lender and you are 100% right. All of this information is stored and highly available within these companies to people who have really been given little precaution on how to handle it.

We actually almost bought a fraud service from Equifax (we ended up turning it down because it was garbage) that works by allowing various lenders to share data. This is done under the guise of preventing fraud but there are really no checks in place for them.

The thing is, even if you don't ever open up a single line of credit in your life you are still at risk. Do you have car insurance? They report to a bureau. Have you ever rented property? They often report to bureaus. Hell I've seen bureaus that had someone's overdue library books listed before.

There's no getting around it in my opinion except for setting yourself up to not rely on this system in the first place.

I never placed my trust in the establishment. I was forced.

hurr-a-durr nothing to hide durrr its free market hurrr fuck me in the ass

Here's the very curious timeline of events, feel free to update with details to add

Fuck off comie

Equifax dindu nuffin

Thanks for the pic
>muh commie
Eat a trough of cocks loser

Bump

T H I S

There probably wasnt even a hack. Smoke and mirrors. This is just a bunch of shit to get everyone to pay monthly fee for extra security that these fuckers should offer for free. Reminds me of all those big PC virus outbreaks we had in the 90s/00s. Funny how McAffee, Norton and a few others went to a subscription based format about that time.

Holy shit this makes too much sense

Bump

Bump

Equifax dindu nuffin

it's a necessary evil, as long as people take money out with no intention of paying it back, creditors will need a means to see who does or does not pay so they can charge to cover likely loss.

Yet one more in a long list of diversity hires single-handedly completely ruining huge companies and putting the public at major risk

That would make sense but...

>Top executives dump shares

I can't imagine they'd pretend to commit insider trading in the interest of some kind of marketing hoax.

Do you have a job or lease an apartment or car (doubt you own one without a bank account)?

Also utility bills, medical bills, student loans, cell phone plan, etc.

Bump

Bump

bump.

Bigger happening than IRMA that's for fucking sure. Fuck these kikes. REAL day of gas when?

My appraisal of the matter is that they knew much earlier on (between May and July, but probably before the purchase of ID Watchdog). Why would access to the exploit have been closed off, if they only found out after July? Why wouldn't there be evidence of further fingerprints up until the point in which they found out?

The breach was real, but they knew much earlier on than what they're telling the public, and were probably trying to rise with the gains of the market before the sell-off. The insider trading that went on is probably much deeper than what we're even casually aware of.

Bump

>collect data without consent
>get hacked
>dump stock before telling anyone
>try to get people to waive their right to sue in order to find out if they've been affected
>offer to sell your own monitoring service to them if they have
>charge to freeze/unfreeze credit
this is Ferengi-tier

>try to get people to waive their right to sue in order to find out if they've been affected
tfw I didn't check Sup Forums after I heard about the """hack"""" so I went to check if my data was """hacked""" immediately

That shit will NOT hold up in ANY court.

>fireeye

Bump

Yeah I would legit descend on their office with a pitchfork

Bump

Bump

What about stuff like Lifelock? Is that a service that will keep me safe?

Hump. I mean bump.

Bump

Bump

Oh don't worry, the people in charge will do something about this.

This leak is what let's them justify the act to put a permanent identity marker on everyone's body, so things like this can't happen again.

It won't be long until the world is introduced to the Mark of the Beast. And we will take it with open arms, because it will protect our money.

Bump against muh kike pm son is posting muh Sup Forums memes herp derp XD

Last bump to try and help people who care about their shekels
Never realized how shitty Sunday afternoon is on this board
Will try again later this evening

Please tell me there is video of this.

Equifax is the biggest happening all year, and the fact that Sup Forums is ignoring it is proof the average age is below 18.

>checked

Its superb owl sunday+hurricane hwatching.

I figured
It just blows my mind this is Enron level shit and muh bibis son posting le memes is priority one here

Her job title was 'professional'?

Not only that, News has a fucking free pass with Harvey's cataclysm and Irma non-happening with the wacky Floridians.

The left is too busy with their usual muh rascism and muh diversity.

You can bet whoever the fuck stands at the top would rather have this swept under the rug like the Target card information fiasco.

It makes me grind me teeth in rage
Even though the Jew York times article was quite critical of this fiasco and how it's been handeled, in a week or two no one will even care until it's too late

It's your own fault for giving your information to them.

>giving

What if I lose my hand? Shouldn't there be a backup chip located somewhere safe, like inside my forehead?

Yes, giving.

Bump.

And yes, you're retarded. The information is gathered with or without consent tardo. Try reading the article instead of being a dumb snow gook faggot

You are GIVING your information to them willingly when ever you take a loan or use credit, you chimpanzee.

You're giving them info by being alive gook faggot. Unless you spend cash, have no social security number and live in a box you are in the system.
What the fuck don't you understand asshole. By default, you're fucked.
God damn kill yourself you gigantic pile of shit

You don't give your information to creditors --> they don't give your information to equifax

It's not rocket science. Perhaps the jews have brainwashed you to believe this is something you must do, but in reality it isn't.

Bump.

Mr. Test here -- you people need to cease and desist from publishing the last 6 digits of my SSN. What Equifax did to me was bad enough already.

Checked and kek'd.

You still think it's all about credit cards and credit.
Stay in Mongolia cunt.

Bump against millenials getting their pussy wet over pewdie pie

How does the shit work anyway? They have some service where they store all my information but I never signed up for it or ask for it. And then they can just lose it to hackers and I can't do anything about it?

You've signed a paper that gave permission for someone to give your information to them. Being American, you just didn't bother reading or thinking about it.

this is why I voted for McAfee.....

its easy to put these "russian hack" fucks in their place when you inform them the fucking pioneer of cybersecurtiy ran for office...

everyday that goes by, I get to say

fucking told you so

(((They))) lose your info. You have to pay (((them))) to freeze your file. I wonder who's behind this?

Somebody needs to die.

These guys are totally fucked. Textbook case of insider trading. Trading on material non public information outside of a preapproved trading plan. The most unbelievable part is that they are claiming the CFO had no knowledge of the breach during his stock sales.

They are above the law.

They aggregate tons and tons of data from multiple third party sources. You don’t need to opt in or sign up. They just have it.

>fucking told you so
like your opinion matters
fuck off

No way. This is way too public (and obvious) for the SEC to let slide. Enron-tier.