Why are malls in North America dying? They're literally on life support

Why are malls in North America dying? They're literally on life support.

Other urls found in this thread:

soundcloud.com/cereal7/mallday-everyday
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Northgate_Mall_(Seattle)
youtu.be/dmvH8Vs8am0
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Because online shopping is better

because alibaba dot com

A combination of a few things I'd guess:
>rise of online shopping
>malls are full of youths
>single multipurpose stores everywhere

cause you actually need to walk and move around so if 3/4 American men are overweight its obvious they don't want to get up and move and only women would ever go shop there.

Because they Jewishly jack up rentals instead of just being reasonable. It's a simple case of supply-and-demand where the pricing doesn't fit so people are telling them to fuck off.

because Americans are broke. The majority of the population don't have disposable income

Not all malls, just the ones in bad neighborhoods.

Are they "literally" on life support? I don't see any breathing tubes.
Why do all of you faggots literally talk like 14 year old girls?
Like literally ENOUGH ALREADY

niggers and spcis scared away suburban moms and ended the mall-kid phenomenon of the 80s and 90s.

whites just stay at home and avouid the racial post-apocalyptic hellscape. It's worse than you think.

kys globalists closed mam n pap stores everywhere

>be me
>grew up in small Midwestern town
>go to the mall all the time whenever mom or dad needed new shit
>once they were done shopping for what they wanted, we went to the toy store
>sometimes we would go to the movies
>after that mom would let me go to the arcade
>go on some of the rides
>get some tasty pizza or tendies
>every Christmas time we would go and see santa at the mall
>there was even a Christmas cho cho train
>hang out there with my friends or gf every Friday after school
>we would go to the movies, arcade or bought some new shit we wanted
>got my first job there at the movie theater at the concessions stand

>go back 12 years later
>90% of the stores are gone, the rest are faggot hipster stores
>niggers everywhere
>literally almost empty
>arcade, restaurants and movies were gone
just fuck my shit up senpai

Internet and niggers

Isn't that a good thing, though? Mall culture is cancerous in the extreme, anything would be better.

>mad at words

happening

Because buying things online is cheaper, quicker and easier.

Why is this so hard to understand

Who wants to battle roving packs of feral niggers just to pay too much for the shiny new thing?

also, mall staff and managers are powerless to do anything about it even though they all know the problem. Some tried to ban "youths under age 18 from being there without a parent" as a loophole to keep the violent spcis and niggers from colonizing the malls. It's not enough though, and it also ends the decent, fun loving white mall kid phenomenon from the 80s-90s (most of you are all too young to remember this, the movie 'mallrats' shows what this was like back then).

just google 'flash mob mall' and similar things. Managers, security, staff all know what the problem is but they will get hit with lawsuits if they target the minorities who turn their malls into daycare for violent gang related thug spics and niggers. Graffiti in the bathrooms, trash not put out properly, all the stuff that comes with them. Shoppers and normal white kids who just want to chill just stop coming.

All the other reasons (rent price, poor Americans, buying online) are bullshit. This is the real redpill on what happened to malls across the country.

Mad at annoying little faggots who add the word literally to every fucking sentence because they believe it somehow makes them sound smart

No one wants to drive to a place so they can walk around in circles with random strangers while listening to generic pop songs and pass some faggot selling magnet bracelets or whatever just to get to a store that doesn't carry what you're looking for.

Malls were a shit experience even 20 years ago. Now in the age of fucking on-hour drone deliveries to your door from Amazon they don't have any reason to exist.

Yes they do, they're just spending it on other stupid shit. Millenials just like to complain about how broke they are as they eat out every day.

Literally no one literally cares if you're literally mad. Literally.

come to the galleria in houston texas, on a saturday and you will be amazed how many people still go to malles. also many qt asian girls go to the starbucks at the mall and wait to be approached

oh and Obama used HUD to force minorities into areas that were "too white", making sure neighborhoods suffered under these people. it's directly related to that phenomenon which generally comes from policies from democrats and coward republicans who fear being called racist for pointing out what's relaly happening. it's one of the most visible symptoms of this internal decay process of whites being silenced into submission by threat of social and professional ostracization

it is only annoying if you are so autistic that you allow it to be. fact is the word has changed, as words do, and is now used to add emphasis. you've actually fallen behind the evolution of the language

as far as malls, they are nigger-infested. whites, who actually spend money and buy products, simply prefer to not be around these types. that's 100% what has killed most malls

truly fucking sad. It hurts us all my man. you nailed it. RIP

>REEEEEE I HATE GOING OUT IN PUBLIC AND REAL SOCIAL INTERACTION
Millennials in a nutshell, unless it involves pet-friendly avocado toast brunches.

True, the one store I visit (bulk barn) at the nearby mall recently shut down because rent was too high. This same mall already has a big vacant section too since Target shut down 2+ years ago.

devolution of the language
fixed it for ya, faggot

There are millions and millions of empty commercial properties in the US and it is only going to grow exponentially in the coming years. Just one of the many reasons we are due for a massive collapse.

>order online
>30% cheaper
>delivered literally to my doorstep in two days
>don't need to leave the house

Lies. Go to the Crabtree mall in Raleigh NC during weekends. It's more packed than Auschwitz during the Hungarian spring.

If I wanted to hang out with a bunch of niggers all day in a large building I'd just go to prison.

can somebody put this racist pleb out of his misery?

malls are fine. most don't boom but in the Midwest there's always big crowds

the ones near me are thriving. having said that- malls are for roasties.

>devolution
Funny enough this isn't actually a word.

Blame millennials

empty sq. ft.* of commercial property

online shopping beats being around a mob of niggers. Have you not been to a mall lately?

GTA?

F

>Social interaction
>Buying a Doctor Who shirt and decade-old memes from some fat fuck at Hot Topic

2/10 made me reply

This is what I got during my last trip to the mall. Fuck em.

I'm sure they'll come up with something to fill the shopping mall void, like virtual reality blowjob spa centers or human bloodsports

It literally is a word. You wouldn't know because you speak Valley girl

It's not online shopping so much, but there were just way too many malls.

cause midwest is still white...

cancerous as soon as a certain percentage of niggers is achieved. It becomes a metaphor for society as a whole interestingly enough. Dying malls is reflective of our dying society. Thanks onigger

KYS newfag nigger

it is, but it doesn't mean what thinks it means

>unironically boomerposting

nigger faggot shut the fuck up

It's almost as if there's hundreds of stores in a major mall.

Negative. Here in China, online shopping is even cheaper, and more convenient than in the US, yes the malls are FULL of people, and borderline unnavigable on the weekends. They are popular places to bring dates, and many have things like skating rinks, and obviously arcades and theaters. It seriously feels like the 1980's here--people just hang out and grab snacks, high schoolers are walking around after school, zero niggers, arcades still exist.

I used to think it was online shopping and walmart, but I think it's 99% to do with American malls being uncomfortable for anyone who isn't in a gang or wearing a headscarf now.

1. Online shopping
2. Terrible prices
3. High rent (see number 2)
4. weak economy and non existent middle class.
/thread

Less americans have disposable income
Americans who do shop online at walmart and amazon
Cost of everything constantly going up reinforcing both my other points

Malls will be dead in about 5 years
Will be replaced by hipster food places / artisanal shops etc in a mall like environment

niggers

Because malls are full of shitskins, and too many stores are owned by filthy jews.

It's the same in all countries 2bh, why go to a mall when you can order it online and have it delivered tomorrow or sometimes within the day? Except for supermarkets/groceries and corner shops, all stores should just shut down

Did someone say mallsoft?
soundcloud.com/cereal7/mallday-everyday

No, it's not Amazon.

The oldest mall in America is still here and doing fine, while certain other malls are dying.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Northgate_Mall_(Seattle)

Anyone care to guess why that is?

Here's a hint;

youtu.be/dmvH8Vs8am0

>niggers everywhere
>literally almost empty

Pick one cuck

survival of the fittest, there were too many malls in the US in the first place!

The mall closest to me is like this because there's an infestation of brown people who don't spend any money there. They might go to the food court or shop at foot locker or lids. mostly they walk around and make noise, start fights, and steal.

>Edgy McEdgemaster

>Here's a hint;
Doors should be locked and everyone involved executed.

Stop being so racist!!! They are black malls now!!!

>Midwest
>white

Online shopping is 10-20% of the reason, the other 80% is a crappy economy.

>Less americans have disposable income
Fewer**
Also, no. Disposable income grows on trees in America. People are poor because they spend too much.

and cheaper

Want me to find you a definition of the word "retard"?

>Tax incentive for malls expired.
>Rent went up.
>Sales went down.
>Small stores in malls failed first.
>Replaced with shitty stores like Spencers Gifts.
>Only Big Box stores holding mall together.
>Big Box stores start selling their brands online and in Target / Walmart style stores.
>Once rental occupancy falls to ~90% all the stores cancel their leases.
>Shit snowballs.

A mall near me has completely closed down as a mall. The shops are now replaced with a combination of offices, repair shops, schools, daycares, ect.

They are flooded with diversity. And diversity is loud and rude

>you've actually fallen behind the evolution of the language

The De-evolution. You fucking mongrel. You think you're the next best thing and in reality your the demise of civilization.

Are they? All of the South Florida malls are packed with tourists and people.

Thanks
But yes and no. They spend what they don't have.
Less jobs, less good paying jobs. But still want to keep the lifestyle the once had.
Stangnant wages and income disparity are to blame

People of the Dying Mall
Octavious
>16 year old black male, shopping at Footlocker with 5 of his friends, size 12
>from the age of three, Octavious was climbing onto the kitchen counter and feeding himself while his mother disappeared for days, only to return and pass out for days before disappearing again
>he doesn't understand his friends jokes, they don't understand his violent outbursts
>he has no intention of buying anything, but if any of his friends purchase something in his size, he'll take it from him at the bus stop. If not, he'll bully one of his friends to shoplift a pair for him.

careful...the cucks are out this morning. They will fight for their favorite word

why overpay for jeans when I can have it delivered to my house for 1/3rd of the price without having to encounter a bunch of chimps?

Niggers and poorly raised kids kept stealing stuff. If you're pol you can get everything you need at bass pro shop
>not sleeping on a cot
>not only wearing hiking or fishing gear all the time

Immigration would be to blame for that.
Not only do natives vie for resources, but now so will alienating immigrants.
Mexican'ts coming across the border to work means we can't bargain for better wages. Indians are another matter, though. They actually create more work in IT because they fuck shit up.

It's been used as an intensifier by James Joyce, F. Scott Fitzgerald and many more widely respected author you uncultured faggot.

Peak oil / peak prosperity. Wages have on gone up for the working class since the mid 70's. The richies, whom have seen increases in wealth, don't shop at malls. Since the middle class has been on the drain and thus growing in thrift for 40 years now, there is no surplus to spend of things like malls.

>conservapedia
Dropped.
Also, devolution does not mean a regression of evolution.

Oh, it's Flash ROB. I had not heard of this. Flash mobs are the faggots who break out into song and dance so they can embrace the gayness.

Flash Rob is just your every day Chimp Out.

Nope. It's because of spics and niggers scaring away customers and the security is powerless to stop it for fear of being labeled racist. They would literally rather let the place get closed down than confront the issue of non-white aggressive teens colonizing the area.

THe same thing is happening to amusement parks for the same reason - has nothing to do with expendable income, everything to do with the phenomenon described.

Take the redpill on this issue, you have the cuck's view.

Niggers are so noisy and walk with such epileptic and erratic motions that three of them walking and making noise constitutes "Niggers Everywhere".

You could pack 300 whites into a mall and still feel like you had room to walk and breathe.

People of The Dying Mall
Vlad
>Is thirteen.
>Knows all store locations, including layout, back storerooms.
>Dropped out of grade school after uploading vampire hentai to school server.
>Lost virginity in glowlight section of Spencer's Gfts
>Looks like Columbine kids

I can do this all day...oops...literally all day.

I didn't come here to feel :-(

I'd like to think it's because people have finally realised that life purely as a consumer of material goods doesn't necessarily lead to happiness. It's probably just because it's easier to do online shopping and have your shit delivered to your place of work or home without having to fuck around with car parks. Also the ratio of shops aimed at women vs men is skewed towards women. Men buy fuck all unless we really need to.

its old architecture and design now. Shops are generally built outdoors now in downtown feel.

I don't give a fuck how you justify it. Eddy Murphy was funny in the 1980's for saying fuck,shit and ass 80% of the time. Comedians can't get away with that now because it's common and degenerate. In the 80's it was "new and exciting".

Same goes for ripped up clothes. It's not fashionable or avant guard anymore. It's just trash.

And when you have some fucking douche nozzle millennial saying "literally" or "Prove it. Pro tip, you can't" about a thousand times a day, you realize they have no culture; no creativity; no urge to be truly unique. They are a fucking drone bot; a hive mind; a de-evolution of society. This is what social media did to us.....turned us into the Borg.

>Be homeless 2 years ago
>Go to college for free because merit scholarships are a thing
>Work shitty frycook job with awesome crew
>Think "aww man, I'm gonna be poor because of avocado."
>Still have ~ $500 disposable income after rent/utilities/food
>I honestly have no idea how people bitch about being poor, ever

>"quick quick we have less than 2 seconds to take this picture before I put my jacket back on"
Now show us the image of you strolling through they mall with that on display

>poor potato nigger calling US poor
lel, did you get anymore government cheese this month?