9/11 was 16 years ago

9/11 was 16 years ago
Where were you, what did you do ?
How old were you ?

At the breakfast table
I went in the other room to watch Extreme Ghostbusters
9-10ish

And now the boys just old enough to remember their countrymen dying on the screen in front of them are men.

Hitler did nothing wrong.
Jews did 9/11

>be me
>11 years old
>living in city next to Toronto
>Just got back in from recess
>was social studies class
>both social studies teacher and home room teacher said there was some very important news
>handed out print outs outlining what had happened in NYC
>whole class was sad
>get home from school later that day
>dad proceeds to say how he saw a bunch of shit skins on the streets cheering and celebrating
>11 year old me was redpilled on Islam

In just 2 YEARS, people who weren't even alive during 9/11 will be able and allowed to browse and post on this website
How does it make you feel anons?

Gym class
Finished school, then went home and shitchatted about it on #spiritworld (irc chat where a bunch of #namek people went after PN closed down)

Read that the towers have been hit on the forum of gaming site while browsing the web after school at my fathers workplace. Didn't believe for a split second and went home. About an hour later my father called me to turn the tv on.

How do they prove the ages of users on here anyway?

feels BAD man

Freshman in high school. Was in science class when the announcement came over the speakers.
Some people were joking around ("bet it was a woman pilot hur hur") but a lot of people were freaked out, had their parents pick them up early from school.

They ask you to identify pics of Brittany Spears vagina

I was 20. I lived in Chicago. I just stared at the television set, then went to the internet to try and get the scoop. In the weeks prior to 9/11 the '93 world trade center bombings had gotten a lot of attention, since the mastermind was on trial at the time. The name Osama Bin Laden had already been on the tips of people's tongues because he was seen as the financier of that attack. The same goes with Al Qaeda. As soon as it happened, everyone knew that's who did it. We'd been primed for weeks with those names.

I was getting on the bus, when a guy behind me started shouting that the WTC was blowing up. He didn't have fare for the bus, but he was rambling that he needed to get home. I told him I'd pay for his fare if he'd explain what was going on. We drove by a shop with video playing, and I could tell he wasn't crazy.

We sat and talked about it, but I knew I had to get to a TV as soon as possible. I got off the bus and ran to work. Everyone was sitting around the television just as the 2nd plane hit the building. We stared, awestruck for an hour until the first building fell. I figured we were going to war, and thought maybe this was what would kick off some kind of WWIII event. The fear/confusion in the air was palpable, and nobody knew what to do.

I was glued to the television and internet for days afterwards. They played the footage nonstop for a month. Every new detail was like a morsel of food to a starving man.

My dad was glued to the tv for days. As soon as he came home from work that's all he would do. I was 14 so I didn't really care about politics or world events or anything yet but I knew it was a big deal.

>9/17 - 9/11 = 16 years
It was 6 years ago, you mathematical illiterate

Another thing that was interesting, being in chicago, and working around all those tall buildings - whenever a plane would roar overhead, everyone would stop and stare up, wondering if it was happening again. You could see everyone stop and watch. They didn't usually make much noise, or at least didn't overshadow the din of the city. When one was loud enough to attract attention, it really got people gawking. And this is in a city where, at any given moment, 6-7 planes are visible overhead.

I really can't explain what it was like to be an adult during these times. Helpless, worried, and since I'd spent a lot of time in office buildings, it was really easy to put myself in the shoes of the people you saw on TV, falling and burning, and running away.

I don't think it quite registers to most younger people how hard 9/11 hit home. It was gut wrenching and very, very confusing. It's something that everyone can remember all the details of. Where they were, what they were doing, what they were thinking. It's burned into our brains.

Underage somehow always post that they are underage.

6 years old, had one minute silence in class, I
first tought it was because Lionel Jospin died

Truly does give meaning to the word....
In Greek, terrorism literally translates to 'Reign of terror' and the terrorists as 'Terrorcrats'...
That truly sounds depressing, they didn't even occupy you, let alone execute you in your streets and depose your government, they simply committed acts that, even without military intervention, enslaved the population psychologically!
These goatshaggers were more intelligent than we give them credit for, they managed to make you feel like a hostage in your own home, without even being next to you, it's like a man held hostage with threats by phone and smoke signals.

not to mention how it became ritual for everyone that before and after work you'd have the tv switched to the coverage of the rubble where they were looking for survivors

Indeed. The terrorism worked. It cut straight into the subconscious of almost every adult American. Planted a little seed of fear into our minds.
>You never know you're safe anymore
>You never know when it could happen again
>You never know...

Haha, yeah, it was a ritual. I saw more MSNBC, FOX, and CNN back then than I'd care to admit. Everyone was trying to make sense of it, and the news stations were more than happy to offer their interpretation of events.

Was the atmosphere that heavy ?

I was only 3 so i dont remember it. But i do remember every time at school on 9/11 people would make up stories about them remembering it. it was really cringey.

Was having the hypest battle with the Elite 4 on Pokemon Yellow
>Thunderbolt Dragonite
>See towers getting hit on the news
Shit was dope.

I was 20 working at a call center. Walked in the break room to get coffee and see wtc on fire from first plane. "That sucks", i thought just as 2nd plane hit.

Wow were about to go to war I said. Then went back to making calls only to be cussed out by everyone I called bc they were too busy watching news to consider their tv provider's shortcomings.

GM calls meeting on top of a chair and tells ppl to go home and prepare for more attacks. He was such a chide.

Went home and smoked some weed with my gf as we watched the news. Fucked afterwards and took a nap. Then watched some more news.

*chode

Was playing some early morning fire emblem: the sacred stones

I was 10. I lived on an air force base in Montgomery Alabama. Took my family and me 5 hours to get on base and get home. Shady gas stations gouged their prices to 10$ a gallon. It was the biggest happening I've ever seen on live tv. No doubt. I didn't really even start to question how it all went down until 2006. It changed everything. I can't stress that enough.

Yeah, I think it was. The fear was palpable. Anthrax was being sent in the mail, an AirBus plan suspiciously crashed into Queens. That show bomber guy got busted trying to take down a plane, etc.

People were worried for sure.

Shit I forgot about the whole Anthrax fear

I hope your life improved man.

Indeed it has, Colgate. Indeed it has.

Children talking about 9/11 is cringey like the little faggots that know every detail about columbine and are obsessed with it.

Yeah that was a bit over the top. I do remember the lead up to Iraq vividly. Bush giving Saddam and his sons 24 hrs to get the fuck out was like watching a movie.

>10 year old me
>live near air force base in FL at the time so a lot of military families living in the area
>normal day at elementary school
>sat in maths class when all of a sudden intercom lights up with announcements for certain pupils to come to the office
>big black teacher probably in her 40s having an "oh lawd" moment on the phone to the office
>within half hour school had been called for the day, likely due to the sheer number of kids whose parents were in the military
>got picked up by grandma who informs me and my little bro what happens
>went home saw some shit on news with planes flying into towers
>spent the rest of the afternoon at a friend's house playing rainbow six on the N64 because we could shoot terrorists
>life was good back then

>Where were you
Sleeping, the radio woke me up and I thought they were talking about a movie.
>what did you do ?
Watched TV after getting up, then after several hours got pissed off because the only thing on TV was 9/11 related.
>How old were you ?
On a side note I had immediate unanswered questions about steel beams and jet fuel.

I wasn't even born yet xD

> 9/10/2001
> be me
> be jewish
> have a test tomorrow morning
> pray to g-d
> literally beg him to help me miss school because im not ready for this test
> drive to school
> schools closed
> Dad asks one of the parents why
> explains terrorists flew planes into the towers
> get to go home no school
> find out years later it was just another Jewish trick
> mfw

I'm sorry fellow Americans, but I really couldn't take that test

I was in Geometry. It fucking sucked.
Then the first tower got it. After that, a few faculty members got on the intercom, told us that there was an attack in NY, and that it was bad, and then forbade any of the teachers from talking with us about it.
When I got to my Government class, my teacher was like "fuck that shit, we're turning on the TV to watch, I've been doing this all day".
>mfw I watched americans die on TV
>mfw it spurred me to join the military
>mfw I learned it was just a jewish trick and I was stuck in a contract

Very interesting post, user. 18 y.o here and living in France so it's literally history for me, I never considered things this way. "Terror"ism was a good choice of words

I was 14 and in history class, oddly enough.

I was in 8th grade sitting in pre-chem; realized the Blind Sheik had friends.

in middle school watching the jews knock down those towers on one of those tvs with wheels

I was 3. I don't remember anything because I was 3.