Commielarp posting guy posted this in a hurricane happening thread and didn't get much attention...

Commielarp posting guy posted this in a hurricane happening thread and didn't get much attention. Kinda activates my almonds t b h and I want to start a discussion about it. Is he right? Eventually coal and oil will run out and what then? Harvesting sun rays and wind would last practically forever. I don't give a fuck about the corruption issue, if people have enough economic strength, they deserve to have a bigger say. But everything else seems like a decent idea. And even economically, there could be a greater value of renewables because it lasts so fucking long. With energy out of people's budget, they are able to spend money in sectors that actually research new technologies and don't serve an unchanging product, which will help us in combating China's economic growth. Am I dumb for not realizing this before?

Bump. Real Political discussion itt and not happeningfags or larpfags. Come on Sup Forums

Yeah, you're dumb.

Renewables are obviously the future of energy, if only because fossil fuels are finite, and as renewable tech matures the cost of extracting fossils will be greater than the cost of renewable production. That said we still have a long way to go before renewable replaces fossil.

Batteries and wind turbines on every house.

But, the fuck do you mean by "with energy out of people's budget"? Nigger if you think 0 cost energy will ever be available you are not terribly bright. I don't want to sound like a marxist but the corporations who own the means of energy production and the grids are always going to get paid.

Wind turbines aren't suitable for home use dummy.

he just want to move the corporate control from current power suppliers to battery / solar cell suppliers

If the cost comes down, couldn't we control our own energy production? Or is it way too expensive?

Lets say be pretend everyone gets solar, which unlike wind is suitable for home use, and batteries. All that shit costs money, and it all is subject to failure, so there's cost when it gets installed, and there's more cost when components fail. And then there's cloudy days, no matter how good your battery system is eventually you're going to need supplemental energy, assuming everyone is primarily generating their own energy the companies who sell supplemental energy are going to rape you when you need to buy from them. No way will we have 0 cost energy unless maybe the government takes over the whole sector in which case even if it looks like its 0 cost you'll pay for it in taxes.

We could install our own systems and reduce what we spend on energy, but there will still be cost in terms of parts that need replacing. Honestly, at least where I live the power companies are going in the wrong direction for 0 cost renewables; if you produce more than you can use/save you can sell it back to the power company which theoretically could pay for the system and upkeep costs, but our utilities are pulling way back on what they pay private producers, basically as a disincentive to get a solar power system.

But what would happen if people feed more power than the power companies can buy?

Then it goes to waste, unless the utility invests in a major battery plant to save power for later distribution. We definitely aren't in a situation now where the power companies are getting more power from home solar than they can redistribute.

Is living by a river with your own water wheel and equipment to control the power generated for your home the ultimate redpill?

There has been some interesting stuff recently with independent blockchain grids where solar homes trade excess energy with other consumers but honestly with how heavily regulated power utilitys are in the US I don't know how realistic this is for wide scale implementation. And on a small scale the whole thing can get fucked if a system or two fail. Plus, you still need to be hooked into a utility scale producer in case of cloudy days.

Yes.

Unless the river freezes over in the winter.

Stop calling it "fossil fuels."

We call it hydrocarbons in the industry.
And the estimated reserves in the U.S. alone are in the trillions with today's technology. There will be trillions more available in the furture with adavnces in oil exploration. Oil industry is only 150 years old and is totally led by the U.S. We've regained the lead in production, too. The sand niggers are sitting on easy oil and that's about it. Advantage goes to us. We can literally keep going for thousands of years.

85% of the world's energy demands are met by hydrocarbons.

Solar depends on cells that have to be replaced more frequently than you think, plus no energy generated at night or on a cloudy day.
Wind is fickle as Hell and still has to be lubricated (oil). I've worked on rigs standing side by side windmill farms...it could be blowing 20 mph and the windmills would be stuck in the feather position, totally motionless. I think the current efficiency is somewhere around 50% when the wind is actually blowing.
Wave generation would be a good alternative, but that doesn't help places that aren't near the coastline.

tldt: We won't (nor should we) be able to rely on anything but oil for a long time.

Quit believing the jew meme of climate change. It's just a trick to get people to hurt the oil industry, which, is a major reason for the prosperity of the U.S.

Nigger, I didn't say FOSSILE FUELS are about to run out. I said FOSSILE FUELS are a finite resource, and no matter how much is available, the cost to produce energy from FOSSILE FUELS will inevitably become higher than the cost to produce energy from renewables as we further exploit FOSSILE FUEL deposits and as renewable tech matures. And yeah, I don't give a fuck what you "industry" calls it, calling a FOSSILE FUEL a hydrocarbon is just a way to trick rubes into forgetting you're dealing with a finite resource.

Fuck the climate change meme, you're advocating that we rely on old tech rather than innovate. That's just dumb. Frankly we should be going all in on geothermal and wave where we can and nuke. I agree that FOSSILE FUELS are going to play an important role for a long time to come; for instance I'd rather get castrated than buy an electric vehicle at this point, and I don't for an instant believe that the trucking industry is going to pivot to EV in a timely manner even when the tech is much more mature, but pretending that we can just keep on fucking around with hydrocarbons and not put a great deal of effort into developing cheap efficient alternatives is going to lead to us being eclipsed by the asian insect people.
And yeah, wind is a fucking joke.

>That said we still have a long way to go before renewable replaces fossil.

fossil fuels will easily last another hundred years. that's a lot of time for technology to improve.

nobody needs to worry about energy. go back to sleep

Personal emergency generators.

Climate change may be a hoax but there is no reason why gas vehicles shouldn't be clean tho. No carbon should be exiting the vehicle on uncontrolled form.