There are ONLY 4 possibilities

Where did everything come from?
(1) from nothing
(2) always existed
(3) it's all an illusion
(4) supernatural Creator

The first 3 choices are unscientific and irrational. Nothing stays nothing according to the Law of Conservation of Matter and Energy. Neither could the universe be eternally old because of the Law of Entropy that pulls everything to equilibrium. If the universe was eternal it would have burned out and stopped moving long ago ("heat death") - - but it hasn't. Nor can the equally unscientific "illusion" theory be taken seriously - hit the person who espouses it over the head with a 2x4 and see how he reacts.

So we have eliminated 3 of the possibilities as being contrary to natural scientific laws and irrational - leaving by the process of elimination only 1 solution: the world was created by a supernatural Creator.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=JKHUaNAxsTg
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

We are the universe experiencing itself subjectively.

We are all a part of the same unified being. This life is only but a dream. Row your boat, as they would say.

(5) higher dimensional beings
What makes 4 more plausible? Supernatural is basically undefined, and a single creator seems less capable than multiple working together.

I honestly believe that the universe was created by a supernatural creator, however, most of the shit in the Bible regarding creation is batshit crazy and doesn't make any damn sense most of the time.

is it a possibility that people stop posting these fucking retarded threads

5. From the singularity, as the Big Bang postulates.

>supernatural creator isn't unscientific

I forgot we could measure the presence of an immaterial god

I can't believe so many Americans are that fucking stupid to believe people come from Adam and Eve. There is no daddy in the sky. There's a fucking hurricane destroying people's houses and kids starving to death and cancer. But these fucktards still gonna say that God has his plan. What plan? It only means that if it exists it no Almighty or it doesn't truly love people.

>from nothing

If you meant a system of order built upon other systems of order defined by strict physical rules operating off a continual increase in entropy. Then yeah, the answer is 1.

Because your not looking at it from the proper perspective

>implying there are only 4 possibilities

>The first 3 choices are unscientific and irrational
Thank you, Dr. Zaius.

>If the universe was eternal it would have burned out and stopped moving long ago ("heat death") - - but it hasn't.
This implies that the universe is either infinite or incapable of conserving energy, both of which we cannot possibly know. Shit argument.

>supernatural Creator
Where did the creator come from? Oh whats that? He always existed? Lets Occam's razor that away to arrive at the simplest solution. The universe always existed.

>Where did the creator come from?
This question is a blank: it presents no dilemma. The natural world has to comport to natural law - the Supernatural obviously doesn't.

>atheist has to resort to "muh sky daddy" strawman arguments to get his point across
and nobody was surprised

I'm studying fucking Einstein and quantum mechanics and physics right now, and I honestly have no clue what to think about this anymore.
I went into college pretty confident that the universe makes sense and that I had a pretty good grasp on it. Condensed stuff explodes outwards in the big bang. Eventually it cools off enough for matter to form. Through some crazy interplay of gravity and fusion, we get bigger molecules. Through chemical reactions and the way that matter combines and recombines and comes apart with other matter, we got complex matter that reproduced itself. Because forces in the environment had the power to destroy stuff before it could reproduce, and because of mutation, we got complex multicellular life out of rudimentary organic stuff over the course of eons. The first humans were the result of that process, and we're primates that spread across the planet because we have thumbs, technology, and reason. Our consciousness is the sum of electrochemical process in the human nervous system, and it ends when the life cycle ends. Entropy. Expansion. The sun burning out. Gravity. Black holes. Galaxies. Stars forging elements. Protons and neutrons up to atoms up to molecules up to organelles up to cells up to tissues up to organs up to organisms. Seemed pretty straightforward.
Now I don't know what the fuck to think. Maybe we're all just slow light born from light giving off light and directing light and made of light that goes back to the light when it dies, fighting a losing battle against entropy. Maybe we're soldiers against the darkness. Maybe we're the universe experiencing itself through human eyes. Maybe the whole thing IS an illusion or a simulation. Maybe we're only experiencing a fraction of what actually exists, and there's some part of us that exists beyond what we can see. Maybe there's something keeping track of it all and providing an absolute backbone to all the relativity and chaos, and maybe it's alive.

>The first 3 choices are unscientific and irrational
But the last one isn't? All 4 are unscientific and irrational. If you put number 4 up top, we'd say that it's all an illusion due to process of elimination.
Also, there's only 4 possibilties? According to who? You?
Stop being retarded

The entire idea of "coming from" is consequence of the perception of time, which it itself a consequence - or said differently, an artifact - of a limited perceptual window (i.e., ego consciousness).

From the consciousness that can perceive everything, the notion of "time" doesn't exist, and doesn't even make sense (except to the extent that consciousness, by perceiving everything, also perceives the consciousness in which "time" does exist).

Note this doesn't make either ego or the consequences of it (separation, whether physical, temporal, or otherwise) somehow "wrong" or "lesser." Quite the contrary, ego and all of those consequences are intentional and to be celebrated just as much as everything else.

What's important here is to understand how the original question "Where did everything come from?" reveals a particular perceptual point of view. Changing that point of view will not only change the "answer," it will change the question...and the questioner.

Maybe everything is alive, and maybe storms and stars and the oceans and the sky are alive just like us and we can't see it. Maybe there's only one consciousness and we're all just experiencing it through one lens. Maybe when we die it truly all ends and the thought that there must be something more is just our brains recoiling in horror from the thought of not existing. Maybe we incarnate as people for some reason and we never truly die. Maybe we're some kind of hivemind and the collective consciousness is a literal and real thing that we as individuals don't experience except through one lens. Maybe the entire planet is a living organism and we're like the cells, and societies and states are like tissues or organs. Maybe stars and star systems are alive. Maybe we're dreaming. Maybe the universe only renders itself when we observe it. I don't fucking know anymore.

4. I honestly don't see how we can't blend everything together. Science came from religion and for all we know seven days to God is 14 billion years if we look at things through a universal calendar

>Maybe
And maybe it's *all of those things simultaneously*. Maybe what "we" are is simply a path of experience through that multiverse-state space.

Everything exists, simultaneously, forever. "Perception" and what we think of as "ourselves" is just one path through it all.

And by being able to instead of drift aimlessly consciously *choose* our path (as well as widen the path itself) we start to be able to experience and change...everything.

>science textbook
>imagine billions of years ago
>imagine all matter condensed into a tiny ball
>imagine the ball explodes
>imagine ...
>imagine ...
>imagine ...
>imagine ...
>And so you see, SCIENCE has clearly PROVED the origin of the universe.

Everything has always existed.
t. Elder God

Anyone considering these questions should watch this transformative talk by Rupert Sheldrake:

"The Science Delusion"
youtube.com/watch?v=JKHUaNAxsTg

>(1) from nothing
>(2) always existed
both

WORSHIP THE RABBI GOD OR BURN!

Why do we always reduce god down to a human level? I can understand we make god relatable so as not to be unobtainable but in this day and age its hindering.

God in my opinion has to be something completely transcendental compared to the watered down version of the abrahamic faiths.

Can't god simply be the one who lit the spark of the universe and designed all the processes to allow it to govern itself. Does god have to conscious of even doing so? Can we even comprehend the consciousness of such a being? Can it simply not be an ordinary being to its people but to us a infinite deity? Can't god simply be the universe itself?

I believe In a rough sketch of god but I also am not arrogant enough to think its some sky father with jealousy issues. Most likely if god created the universe it would only have the resources of itself to create with therefore god must be man and women and ant and elephant and stars and light and darkness and radiation and gravity etc since they all make up the universe.

Its enough to live as a good person for the sake of yourself let's not trace our own changing morals over god.