Muv Luv / Total Eclipse / Schwarzesmarken

SRS BSNS mech discussion.

Ever wondered where the Type-94 keeps it's extra ammo?

According to the Unit Organization chart, it can carry up to 12 chaingun magazines and 4 6-shit cannon mags in its skirt armor blocks, but apparently only Impact Guards and Rush Guards routinely carry nearly that much.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=yff2xOFo4mg
youtube.com/watch?v=8sJkwBo2T4w
mediafire.com/download/unouhen06x8iaxt/
mediafire.com/download/z22ezafzu133m91
manga.tokyo/news/schwarzesmarken-animejapan-2016-stage/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Posting best girls.

Posting

i puked a little.

>Unit Organization chart

This, by the way.

Both wrong.

Who /NVA/ here?
youtube.com/watch?v=yff2xOFo4mg

>Quad Lise
send help

Nope. We /USN/ here.

What about the Terminator and other TSFs with hip boosters?

Sorry, all I've got is more Lise.

PACT PRIDEWORLDWIDE

That's nice

You should really get that looked at.

Chill out and have a drink friendo

>lick Gretel's armpits
>cum inside Gretel
>marry Gretel

youtube.com/watch?v=8sJkwBo2T4w
She sure knows how to party

Lise's resting bitch face is a miracle of the universe!

Even if she is a secondary, Gretel will always be the main heroine of my heart

Schwarzesmarken Original Soundtrack #2 out now!

FLAC:
mediafire.com/download/unouhen06x8iaxt/

MP3:
mediafire.com/download/z22ezafzu133m91

>She will never unassumingly stare daggers into your soul while lost in thought

Good on ya mate.

She gets Martin, who's way better than Theo, so you should be happy for her.

Thanks
Of course I am. he is such a lucky guy

How does this work? Is it spring loaded?

Why does nobody attaches missile pods and cannons in their TSFs like some sort of AC

Only if it is a multi million dollar macross missile spam.

It is impossible to attach conventional rocket pods. Only a character that is relevant to the story would do such thing and to show how much of a genius he is.

;_;

G-element

Why the hell did she tell the mechanics she was going to have them tortured to death for the lulz when she no longer had a use for them? I mean, she was using them to maintain her MiG. Wouldn't telling them that she was going to slowly kill them make them more likely to try to fuck her over or be uncooperative? It makes no fucking sense at all. If you're going to torture them, just do it, don't gloat to them about it, then charge them with repairing and restocking your machinery.

I feel like this anime insults my intelligence.

Because she is retarded evil and the stasi have their own mechianics

Did she gloated like that in the LN?

Is that the American one? Because I know the U.S. AMWS-21 is power-fed - gun draws a bit of energy from the TSF to handle the rounds for better reliability.

If only that was the case.

She is evil

That's it. If she actually had logic or was like in the LN/VN then she would not do that.

Because he's just a mechanic, and everyone knows that mechanics in mech shows aren't even human.

VN hasn't gotten that far, and LN translations are... spotty and questionable.

Well yes it is.

Still does not make any sense on how it would function.

But you could just carry more cannon ammo and not deal with carrying a pod or having it be awkward as fuck to aim.

Just... imagine it as an aircraft barrel magazine extended into a box. I'm sure that's what the creators did.

>Just... imagine it as an aircraft barrel magazine extended into a box. I'm sure that's what the creators did.
If only they had the guy that did the designs in macross.

God tier detail.

>God tier detail.

On the mechanical designs? And they weren't absurd?

Why is the magazine curved when the round is not tapered? seems silly to me.

Oh, that's because the writers have no idea what they're talking about.

They went with a curved mag because they thought it looked cool. It really should just be a box (or a drum, but the box magazine has a better packing efficiency.

>But you could just carry more cannon ammo and not deal with carrying a pod or having it be awkward as fuck to aim.
>having it be awkward as fuck to aim.
Care to explain how you aim with a cockpit like this?

It is obvious there is a computer software that is helping them to not being a bunch of leg less frogs.

And rocket pods and gunpods are like feathers, not even close to a 1 ton when there are several of them fully loaded.

No they are fucking logical versus Muv-luv.

They also give a certain feel that you know they were inspired by the real world designs etc.

Atleast the human faction.

I think one of my big problems with this show is the implication that human nature is only influenced by what happens to people. I believe that it is a combination of factors, you know, both Nurture and Nature. The anime tells us that Lise was once a sweet girl, but then turned into a ridiculously evil sadist thanks to Beatrix and Axmann. I can buy that she'd become a horribly scarred person who'd become callous to the pain of others, what I don't buy is that she'd enjoy it.

Since ML Stasi seem to draw more influences from the SS than RL Stasi, I'll use the SS as a comparison for how you do realistic evil, and not stupid evil like Lise. The SS did all sorts of fucked up shit, very similar to what the stasi do in the show. The thing which made them human and relatable, despite being evil as fuck, is that most of them didn't enjoy doing it. They mentally distanced themselves from the ethnic cleansing through a variety of means, and suicide rates were higher among the civilian shooters. It was one of the reasons Hitler came up with the concentration camp scheme.

A sprinkling of a few sadist here and there can make things interesting, but SM portrays every single stasi as a stupid evil, disloyal douchbag willing to fuck over the guy next to him. Such an organization as ML Stasi would never be able to function and would collapse under the weight of it's own stupid evilness as more pragmatic factions exploit and rip it to shreds long before it became a threat. It's actually very costly to go around punching babies all the time and can be bad for publicity. Hiroki really should know better, being a huge history buff and all. The RLF was better characterized if you ask me

Going back to Lise though, I don't think sadist are created, but born, so the only way Lise could be as fucked up as the anime portrays is if she always had that spark of insanity in her and the stasi let it out.

Type-00 Takemikazuchi is the best TSF there is, no substitutions, arguments, or debates.

Would do that with the high-class lady laugh but that just won't fit her?
Will get to that when I can since I got a katia request and I also wanna draw some resting bitch face too

hohoho as in the Santa Claus laugh not ojou-sama

Someone requested Katia in a dirndl, right?

>Hiroki really should know better

You mean Watanabe right?

Ho ho ho is the Santa Claus laugh

Hu hu hu is the ojou laugh

It's a pun because her name is Hohenstein. Lise resting bitch face would be amazing to see as well, because Lise's resting bitch face is a miracle of the universe.

Watanabe admitted in an interview that he thought Hiroki made up the stasi when he glanced through SM.

Are you shitting me

I'd ask you to do Beatrix or Sylwia, but I really think your style is better suited for Lise, Iris, and Katia.

Watanabe is a fucking clown.

He did not know.

When he learnt he decided to make the stasi into black and white evil so the victims of the stasi would not get angry and honor them and shit.

He fucked it up.

– This story has the deadly fight against the alien BETA, but at the same time there are political elements mixed in, and it’s a very serious atmosphere. How did you try to portray this atmosphere?

Watanabe: This is historical fiction, so for places like the Soviet Union and West and East Germany, we based them off their real-life counterparts to a certain extent. It was a very challenging project. There were areas where we wondered if it was OK to do this. After getting involved in this project, I learned that the Stasi (East German secret police) that appears in the story was a real organization. They did some truly horrific things. There are people who really did suffer. When I thought about that, I was very concerned about how we should go about portraying this.

>When he learnt he decided to make the stasi into black and white evil
Implying it wasn't Hiroki's original intention to make them this way.

Well either way.

Japs dont know shit about europe.

So he did write the ANN preview

Stasi like Axmann yes.

>The very first TSF used a scaled up ar-15 with no safety.
Why do they love to scale up infantry firearms?

If you want to show the evils of an organization, you portray the characters as human as possible. You show the guy who's pulling teeth and executing people is a normalish, someone the audience can kind of relate too. Someone who has loved ones, has his own ideals, has his own virtues and vices, but is compelled to do evil by a corrupt and shitty system. He may justify his actions, he may feel guilty over it, or he may feel nothing, but it's the system keeping him chained to evil.

I think Wolfenstein: New Order did a pretty good job of this. I got the feeling that most of the Nazis you're massacring would be good people if not for the Nazi government.

Beatrix too until BiS ruined her. Seriously, having the seminal semen demon being more evil than the majority of the men was unique and awesome.

but that's not Shiranui 2nd

manga.tokyo/news/schwarzesmarken-animejapan-2016-stage/

I wish I got to see the SM chibis.

Now now, cut him some slack. we are all ignorant of something that happened on the other side of our little corner of the world cause we simply don't give a flying fuck, he's really no different.

That being said, I agree that his reaction of making the Stasi into cartoon villains just cause "ZOMG! They're bad people" was a bad one.

The world needs a Stasimouto nendoroid. It would be so incredibly cute.

Because they based the overall look of the gun off of the Israeli Tavor rifle.
I don't think its fair to compare the two, since Macross actually has jet fighters incorporated into the design, instead of jet fighter elements like Mub Rub.

Yeah that's right

Oh that christmas biscuit and pudding makes me hnnng everytime

i can do those characters as well its just that I have a huge bias for cute

Noice

I guess, but fifteen minutes on Wikipedia and I know enough about something to follow a conversation on it. And I would bet a nickel I know more about what Shinzo Abe's grandfather was doing in the 1940's than Watanabe.

that might fly if not for the fact that he was in charge of an anime that features the Stasi pretty goddamn heavily.

Japanese really suck at teaching history, especially anything modern.

To be fair, it's not like he had much to work with. Beatrix and Axmann are pretty ridiculous. Schmidt was the only realistic stasi.

Tojo did nuffin wrong

Since you're Japanese and all, have you read the LNs yet?

Cuteness overload.

Are we general fags?

Not yet, although its tipping dangerously close to general territory.
Just wait until some faggot thinks up a cutesy nickname for us.

>intentionally ignoring Stasimouto

They were too inconsistent with her and the character falls flat because of it.

Which might have worked if they'd gone all the way with the 'clinical insanity' angle, but they didn't.

An inconsistent character can be forgiven due to her insanity. An inconsistent tone towards her cannot as it confuses the message.

Note to self: all character must form a consensus on their opinion toward each of their fellows.

I'm not sure you understood what he said, and I barely understand what you're trying to say. A character who is inconsistent in their behavior can still be a good character if it has to do with some mental problem they either have or developed due to some past trauma. If its the tone the show carries for that character that is inconsistent then theres a problem.

Can we stop it?

You know what I mean. Showing her in the worst light possible, using the most ominous music, revealing that even the other stasi were horrified over her, making it clear that she wasn't a victim but a victimizer, using every technique they could throughout episodes 07-09 to make us hate her, then trying to make us feel bad for her at the very end of episode 10 by ignoring all the above just reeks of bad directing.

It's why the majority of people were happy when Theo killed her and were confused about the abrupt tone shift to sympathetic. That many agreed with Suzy and did not understand why the anime portrayed what she said about Lise to Theo as a negative further reinforces this. Beatrix gets hit by this too, but not to the same extent as Lise.

You can't just swap from a scathing tone to a sympathetic one without buildup. It'd be more obvious in a story, say, where a character was described with tons of words with negative connotations and every action was portrayed negatively, and then the next chapter, everything he does is shown in the most positive light possible with no evolution in between.

>story

Meant to say in a "novel".

I want to be politically indoctrinated by Gretel

I'd a Beato.

I'm chinese actually just happen to know japanese as well
I haven't wanted to read the LN cause alot of people have said it is very depressing. I'm halfway through the first VN though

Its like they were trying to make her a good and a bad guy at the same time, which I guess could be possible but really hard to pull of correctly.

>dat stasi emblemb
every time
I love the half crazy half lust expression on both girls