/AHSG/ Atlantic Hurricane Season General - Category 2 Edition

PASTEBIN
========

notehub.org/b1v5b

RUNDOWN
========
>LANDFALL IN PROGRESS
>Hurricane Center updates are now hourly
>GFS Model runs every 6 hours (12a/6a/12p/6p EST)
>Euro Model runs at 2 AM and 2 PM EST

LINKS
========
>WHY WE CANT JUST NUKE THE HURRICANE
aoml.noaa.gov/hrd/tcfaq/C5c.html
>Track the Tropics
trackthetropics.com/irma
>Tropical Tidbits
tropicaltidbits.com/storminfo/
>Mike's Weather Page
spaghettimodels.com/
>Storm Visualization:
windy.com/
weather.cod.edu/satrad/exper/?parms=meso1-13-200-0-10
>Real-Time Guidance
ral.ucar.edu/hurricanes/realtime/plots/northatlantic/2017/al112017/
>Key West radar loop
flhurricane.com/flradar.php

Emergency Info:
>Florida Department of Emergency Management
floridadisaster.org/info/
>Local Alerts
weather.gov/srh/tropical
>Hurricane Preparedness
nhc.noaa.gov/prepare/ready.php

Comfy:
>The Weather Channel - Music from Local Forecasts in the 1980s-1990s
twcclassics.com/audio/years.html

STREAMS
========
>Jeff
pscp.tv/Jeff_Piotrowski/
>Jason
pscp.tv/stormitecture
>Livecam Meta Site
codepen.io/alexneises/full/brJvLp/
>Pastebin Stream Lists
notehub.org/hhevl
pastebin.com/cgnmg8mg
>Liberty Radio
streema.com/radios/Liberty_Radio

THREAD THEME
============
youtube.com/watch?v=Gu2pVPWGYMQ

Other urls found in this thread:

wftv.com/
youtube.com/watch?v=nLS2N9mHWaw
google.com/patents/US20100072297
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I'm really going to miss these threads.

>tfw still have power
Orlando here

ZZZzzZzzZzZZZZZzzZzzzzZzzzzzZZZzZZZz

Same, comfy watching movies and eating

OP here. I'm from Georgia. We're expecting floods and tornados here. Anyone else from the South in the path of Irma?

>It's a Sup Forums gets blue balled on a week long build up to a possible happening
There's too many of these episodes

Trump delivered, biggest habbeding ever

Guys, what the fuck is this???

I was browsing the snapchat heat map in Miami and a few people on there are taking videos of this.

Looks like a fire.

Deland here. still managed to lose power

Fuck FPL. bunch of incompentant faggots

Had power with the very occasional power outage for a second.

Don't have internet connection, so I listened to audiobooks, podcasts and vidya emulators.

Miami here.
Big winds, heavy rain, but not much else.

Terrible signal.

We got jewed.

Martha Sugalski keeping the /comfy/ vibez in Orlando

Yup. I'm north of Columbus so going to be right in the center of shit. Not worried though; house is a fortress and I'm already well supplied because thanks Obama!

Somebody just kame ha me ha'd the fuck out of irma

plot twist, Sup Forums is the one that hyped this hurricane.
MSM said it was Cat 3

>Muh Global Warming
>Weak Storm
Libturds btfo

You might be right

Stayin in Miramar with senpai. Haven't even lost electricity. Only a few trees fell down in our community. I knew this wouldn't be shit but my senpai still overprepared for no reason.

I just came from walking thru my neighborhood. The wind hasn't gone past 45 mph at most. Fuck the news for always hyping these storms up so goddamn much.

I swear if I never knew about this shit and didn't prepare, it wouldn't be any different.

>That feel when sitting in my steel shuttered house-bunker with stew and beer.
>Comfy ruined by Irma pussin out and becoming nothing more than a typical thunder storm.
My disappointment is immense.

thus the shilling

Right where it says Westgate.

>Come on got, stop your current life style and listen to these predictions decades and centuries out
>Can't predict what one storm will do regionally.

Climate science everyone.

Columbus here -- My job jumped the gun so I've got monday and tuesday off now. Pretty happy about it.

So what's the next happening? I've been in hurricane threads for the last two weeks. Anything exciting going on in the rest of the world?

This but without power

Tennessee being innapropriately touched my Aunt Irma

Everything up here jumped the gun. I might fuck off to Columbus tomorrow to go shopping because why the fuck not. Everything should be light traffic wise.

I'm sure niggers are nigging somewhere.

Only 2 weeks until the end of the world.

It went basically as planned, and it did actually happen. What were you expecting?

Did it at least eat up the Keys?

In Orlando rn, Eyewall is about 45 min away. AMA

Have you run out of power yet? West Orlando here I just got hit with a power outage

Shit, I had forgotten about 9/23. Still going to be nothing. I have the same feel I did when I finished Skyrim or FFVII. All those hours of excitement and now I'm kind of bored.

Best part of this whole saga was watching the guy on a boat in Key West and the guy at the gas station ride it out waiting for morning.

727-Largo reporting

Lost power about 2.5 hours ago. Neighborhood has no flooding thankfully and very little damage. We're getting some of those whistling gusts but the rain is so light compared to heavy rains we get normally.

We've been out space numerous times to explore around the driveways to spot any damage or abnormalities. Seen a lot of green lightning.

Overall, everything hasn't been bad...just no power sucks, but could be worse. Wish I could sleep but it's almost over and then I can explore some more.

transformer...

Nope. Had a few surges, but lights are still on. Thankfully, my neighborhood has underground cables.

Gas station guy chose to put his wife and small child in danger "for the cops"

He's nuts

I'm not worried about 9/23. Listen, if November 2008 and December 2012 didn't destroy this world, nothing will.

Buy a generator off of Amazon tonight. We were getting Fedex deliveries at a buddy of mine's house while we still had 6 inches of water inside.

The gayanon that had a boat and wanted to save another user just so he could have some gaysex was more entertaining.

Was going to say it's probably a transformer, but I like tour answer better.

I think we're pretty bulletproof as a whole. Think of all the happenings in Human history, and this stuff is pretty trivial.

>November 2008
What was November 2008? I don't remember a habbening in that time frame.

Don't forget Kevin either. Plus the guy posting from a boat in Key west who was using a glass as an ashtray at about 2am last night.

>Obama

Very obviously a transformer.

The next Elder Scrolls better have co op.

global warming averted

New Port Richey here, power just blinked out for a split second for the second time today, still trying to ride out having power until about 4, when it will basically be off of me.

Plus the sound will scare the shit out of someone not familiar with them.

>be with ex-gf a couple of years ago
>transformer blew
>OMG WHAT IS THAT IS THAT A BOMB
>I tell her: just wait a second
>power goes off
>See, not a big deal

Then I fucked her with candles in the background.

I'm just hoping it isn't an MMO abortion like TESO is. GTA V had the right balance.

wftv.com/ is the best stream while Irma is going through Orlando. The meteorologist gave a 10x more accurate prediction than (((The Weather Channel))).

>only 3 dead burgers
>2 were just because of a shitty woman driver
what a wasted happening

But I think that the highpoint of this entire journey was really when the storm ate up barbuda and we spent an entire day or so wondering what the fuck happened and listening to some island niggers singing I AM GROWING STRONGER or some shit like that

that was pretty good
I wish it would have hit NOLA as a 10 cats nuclear powered storm that would have razed the city and absolutely obliterated everything on it's path, but I guess that was a bit too hopeful

None were as entertaining as Carlos from Harvey though.

Carlos's livestreams had more action like him getting mad and drinking coffee and looking for looters trying to scope out his house.

Why will it be off around 4?

Tampa here. Lights randomly blinking, and the power has gone out twice now. Otherwise, nothing else is really happening

I remember when these generals would only last like 10 minutes before we had to start a new one. Thanks for nothing Irma.

S

Maine Moose Fag here

That's an exploding Transformer; those round things on telephone polls.

They explode in the cold up here all the time. They explode in green flashes.

>literally nothing

It was a good weekend, thank you happeningbros

I'm going to have to go with Carlos, desu. I hope he made it out okay. The Barbuda thing was funny because everyone was being fucky calling it Barbados, or Bermuda, and arguing about it.

TESO aint going anywhere, that should keep it safe from the poison.

YOU HAD ONE FUCKING JOB IRMA AND YOU BLEW IT

the eye will be completely off and away from me again and it will just be the outside shit that wasn't even causing rain earlier today again

ITT: youtube.com/watch?v=nLS2N9mHWaw

That was just last night even. I feel ripped off because my power was kill from Tuesday to Saturday after Harvey.

I do remember reading somewhere that Bethesda hasn't even started working on it yet. I'll be in my 50s by the time it comes out.

Tarpon Springs here. Still have power, though the lights have been flickering on with big gusts of wind. Not even seeing any trees down. My family just called it a night and everyones going to bed. Im just lying here listening to the wind. Gonna throw some headphones in and try to sleep.

Any dams in the area?

anybody in sarasota?

mfw I didn't think Carlos made a pun for once... but then I gust got it

HEY ARE YOU GUYS SICK OF PUBLIX SHILLING YET?

Yes

>tfw Irma was good for something afterall

I'm in Hudson. I thought we were pretty much in the clear.

I sort of want to try one of those subs though. They made so much out of them that I'll probably be disappointed though.

I read the same. Gut tells me they know it's time for a new engine. They're either building it or shopping around.

Here's a link.

google.com/patents/US20100072297

It's a genuinely good sandwich but not the be all end all.

It's just a sub with 100% fresh items + a good oil they use. They pile tons pf veggies/olives/etc

Power will be out for weeks.

F

Bunnel here.
Power's out, using mobile wifi. Sleeping in my garage tonight since it's the most sturdy spot.

rip florida bros.

I'm guessing it would be something like a Lenny's sub. Fresh cut deli meats on fairly decent bread with good veggies? I'm from the Northeast originally and nothing beats the little family owned places up there, but Lenny's has come the closest for me.

But you have stew, and beer.

I'm biased. I like beer and stew, but stew and beer is nice too.

Is Irma down to a light sprinkle already? I may end up going back early.

I just finished talking to Jeff. He says the happening is cancelled.

Yeah you nailed it. Miles better than subway but that's because subway is such shit.

Jeff lived? Good for him.

Tree in roof user here. Lights are flickering like they want to come back on. Spooked

there is a curfew in place.
they might think your a looter and pull you over

Fuck i think my motherboard or my graphics card got fried. I had my computer off to so idk what the fuck happened. Hiw do i tell whats broken?

>They explode in the cold up here all the time

I learned something new! How cold does it have to get to blow them?

if you have an intel cpu just load up the integrated graphics in bios and make sure you connect the monitor to motherboard not card

I had mine up and running with the power flickering. One time it booted up and went to BIOS to tell me it detected a power surge and protected itself. Then again, I have a retardedly expensive PSU. You probably just fried the PSU, try a different one. If it won't even power on, that's the problem.