Why do such large swaths of people fall for obvious con-artist type preachers who make literal hundreds of millions off...

Why do such large swaths of people fall for obvious con-artist type preachers who make literal hundreds of millions off of donations from their low income followers? I'm not Christian but it's pretty clear to me that there's a stark difference between a regular preacher at a regular protestant church and people like Pat Robertson. Is there some psychological aspect I don't see?

Are Americans in the Deep South especially susceptible to people telling them god will make them rich if they give their money to wealthy pastors for some reason? Perhaps as a result of the fact that they're uncommonly poor for first world citizens?

> Why do such large swaths of people
""americans ""are not people

You tell me, you voted for Trump

People are sheep, user. The average person is a sheep. The average person is dumb. The sooner you understand this, the better

Protestants, not even once.

good post, leaf

Why do they call it "Orthodoxy" when only weirdo addidas wearing slavs practice it.

>Catholicism
>believing that the infallible power of God should be vested in a fat SJW Argentinian

People need inspiration on occasion user. Osteen serves as a motivational speaker for the weak minded and critical thinking deficient people of our society.

Plus, if you ever took the Bible in a literal sense and not as an allegory, I would recommend that you utilize introspection.

It hurts because it makes sense.

You're not wrong but that's a pretty stupid way to phrase it. Yes the average person is a moron. Every moron knows that, except when it comes to themself who they view as highly intelligent. You missed my question.

My question is why is this particular brand of moronicism so popular among poor dumb southern conservative pieces of shit? Even stupid people can protect themselves against cons, especially one that's been perpetrated for a long time, so why do they have such a hard time with this one?

That's not what papal infallibility is.

>Wake up
>Pro-white people are still practicing religions with Semitic origins

people in general are stupid as all fuck. look around you and witness it for yourself. they believe shit they see on TV for christ sake. naturally they fall for shit like this because most are too illiterate and dumb to seek out knowledge independent of coercion.

Aww wittle baby mad that we still have guns.

You mean twitch streamers, right? Joel and his family have given so much to humanity and Christianity, even i feel indebted to them.

>Catholics: John Kerry
>Protestants: Donald Trump
I can do this too

This, Americans are subhumans, any who identify with the culture of "American" is a subhuman, I am an European in Western overseas territories.

What's wrong with Father Osteen?

>implying either Kerry or Trump are religious beyond what they label themselves

poor people are susceptible to all kinds of scams, religious scams are not special. white american poors are not more susceptible than other white poors, and black american poors are not more easily scammed than other black poors. it's a big part of the reason why they stay poor.

john kerry converted so he could marry rich and get elected in NE

You're seething with malice, not everyone is as angry you when it comes to Joel. I think you need to recognize that everyone can benefit from messages of hope and some good biblical knowledge. There is so much inspiring words in the Bible and from its teachers, Joel is exceptionally gifted at teaching the word of God, you don't need to belittle him or Christianity just because you disagree.

What exactly do you have against Osteen and Robertson other than they're rich?

Robertson correctly BTFO of Haitian's after their earthquake by pointing out that their whole country started with voodoo/satanic ritual and that they've probably pissed of God.

Osteen I'm not as familiar with, nor am I familiar with what exactly people are griping about when they talk about "prosperity gospel", but there's a lot to be said about people being poor and unhappy because they let their vices dominate their lives.

Because he has the balls to ask for their money and tell them he'll cure their cancer if they send them $20. Honestly wish I had the lack of morals to do this but I'm jealous of the guy. Made easy money off some gullible goyim like the writers of the bible intended.

because they are retarded enough to believe in the great magical fairy, and any douchebag with a little charisma can easily make millions in that retarded society.

Also, they vote and are able to cast opinions, let that sink in, and why america is loosing it's edge at technological progress.

it's called right wing retards and conservashits

they fall for a lot of bullshit

Why does Sup Forums hate preachers trying to spread The Good Word?

Why are lying? Joel never claimed to cure cancer, from my knowledge he does pray for people but he does not ask to be paid. Joel is a good man and he does it for free.

>Why do such large swaths of people fall for obvious con-artist type preachers who make literal hundreds of millions off of donations from their low income followers?

Because they are old, and close to dying, and looking for something to alleviate their fear of death.

>and why america is losing its edge at technological progress

Wtf sauce? Uncle Ted would love to hear about this

Sup Forums doesn't hate preachers but we allow anyone post their opinions on here. For better or for worse.

Something about Jesus has sex with the church.

they want you to give the money to catholic charities so it can be squandered on niggers and spics.

t. Joel

I hate parasite scammers who rob the poor by indoctrinated them with cult scams.

>I'm not Christian

Well, neither is he.

>"overseas territories"
Trying this hard.

>giving a fuck about poorfags
You don't belong here

Would you like Joel more of he browsed Sup Forums? Because you sound like the type of person that would plug their eyes blind in disbelief.

they're buying their way into heaven which is why they worship a billionaire blowhard

There are a shitload of gullible idiots out there just waiting for someone to tell them how to live the miserable mess of a life they have. The gullibility of the average person cannot possibly be overstated.

What have I said is false?

America being an overseas territory. Can you not read?

I would fucking jizz a gallon if there were a televangelist, or really any religious leader who was Sup Forums compatible. The closest thing we have is that Anderson guy in Tempe AZ and sadly he doesn't find interracial marriage to be an abomination, so he really doesn't fill Sup Forums's requirements even though he's right about most things.

>those eyes
>that nose
>osteen

>guy cheats on his girlfriend and then has to literally go through hell to rescue her soul for some reason
The divine comedy is garbage. There's not of value to take away from it. If anything it's just advocating for MGTOW.

This land is a territory that is overseas from Europe.

>What exactly do you have against Osteen and Robertson other than they're rich?
He's clearly a con-artist. Please don't tell me you fell for his bullshit and donated to him

>current year
>not following the religions of your ancestors

I am a European that lives in territory overseas from for simplicity sake mainland europe.

An Euro*

Yeah I don't see what's wrong with this. People are willing to throw money at Jordan Peterson for speaking just a bit of reason and common sense. Why is it hard to understand that people are willing to support a guy like this who is advocating for the values they hold? People threw money at Anita Sarkeesian too.

>Ignoring Milton's Paradise Lost
>Ignoring William Blake's semi-Swedenborgian genius

>blumpf drampf teeny hands blamph!!!!!
Yes, young leaf. Plebs are only found on the right.

>Trying this hard to justify what you said.
>Trying this hard to not sound like an autist when someone called you out.

Are you going to advocate for a union of Europe and North America next, or are you finished sperging?

>north america
America is a European name of a land, in terms of politics I do not wish for a union of the overseas state and the mainland, currently.

An Euro*

An union*

I said I'm unfamiliar with him. I occasionally see him on TV. I don't really watch him long enough to follow him. He never seems to be talking about religious ideas, but usually about trying to be positive or well mannered. Essentially he seems like a version of Joyce Meyer who isn't a snarky bitch. Weak religion, but not enough for me to be bothered by him.

I see him denounced on this site, but never are reasons given beyond "bwaaahh, muh grifting con artist"

Then why are you here in the US? Go back to Europe, we have enough problems with foreigners spitting on this country. We are American not European.

He takes the money of people to enrich himself that is the reason you brainwashed retard, Kikestrianity is a scam.

"We" You.

>not giving a fuck about the majority of america

Gee, I wonder why its becoming a shithole

>go back to Europe
Why would I go back to land inhabited by Europeans when I am here?
Get out of Europe

kek spbp

now, where I left the raid...

No, we. Maybe if you actually read American history you'd know we made a lot of effort to distinguish ourselves from Europe since we've gained independence.

All who take money, must get it from some people. I'm not seeing the problem here.

>takes advantage of weak-minded retards to advance wealth
What more do you need beyond this? He's a fucking hack. Why should a hack deserve my sympathy?

>Chooses to post under the banner of one of the least popular political ideologies in the United States
>Is a champion of the majority.

"We" who is we and who is "Americans", I have done no such thing and I am a resident of these lands just like you, if you can't see a flag of a state of these lands.

Christianity as a whole is a con. I don't know why you single out a single priest.

>What more do you need beyond this?
What I need you to do is not be retarded and when you read a question like the following please don't answer with the very thing I've already understand is part of what you're pissing and moaning about
>What exactly do you have against Osteen and Robertson other than they're rich?

>I've
*I

Ignorance, desperation, mixed with a need to be a part of a community – then a guy like Joel comes along and preys on it.

Pretty sure he doesn't give a fuck about your sympathy.

I don't think most people actually want to be happy, which is why the search out things that will likely cause them harm.

its kinda funny that southern gun toting whites devote their entire lives to words written by some shitskins 2000 years ago.

They'll even give their paychecks to people like this who claim to have inside info on the shitskin writings.

cringe

Top fucking kek m8
>any part of America
>poor
Unless you're talking about ghetto niggers who haven't worked in 3 generations, no one in America is poor. If the UK were to join the US, it would be the poorest state. Same with pretty much every country in Europe, though some would break into the bottom ten. The only states with a comparable quality of life (based on GDP per capita, adjusted for PPP), meaning better or equal to the average, are Switzerland, Luxembourg, Norway, and Sweden-- and Sweden is borderline. And that's with a 60% white country, 10% deadweight loss as blacks, and 30% Mexicans driving down the cost of labor and exporting the cash to Mexico (seriously, Mexico's largest industry is remittances from the US). Imagine how fucking rich the US would be if it were a homogenous white society, with none of those other groups dragging down the economy. No other civilization has ever dreamt of such wealth. We would, could, and should be colonizing the stars, never let anyone tell you otherwise.

>The Divine Comedy
>Comedy
>Taking a comedy seriously
...sweetie

A lot of people need something to believe in and are desperate for "answers". These con-men preachers need to be strung up and shot for taking advantage of them.

FYI, Mormon preachers don't take a salary. Find your way to a Latter Day Saints church. They'll take care of you.

Because Americans want to break records in everything to show the world they are better when they obviously aren't.
Americans: muh biggest dik, muh fattest people, muh biggest collection, muh richest plumber, priest, dog, actor.
Capitalism needs rich role models so that then everybody can think they are rich, like those pro-monarchy morons thought if king is in the shiny castle that they all lived in the castle. Replace castle with skyscraper you get usa wageslaves who lust for rich people who they aren't and worship skyscrapers they don't own.
>muh economy of what i don't own or aren't