Griffith did nothing wrong

what would you do in his position?

Besides
Sacrificeing his army
And rapeing his Bestfriends girl friend

Not fucking my life up by fucking the princess of the nation I want to be king of about two months before I'd be actually able to legally propose to her just because my best friend dumped me?

What's the difference between dying in a battlefield or being sacrificed? They would've died anyway in order to fulfill Griffith's dream.

Fuck off Hawk.

The fact that if you die in a sacrifice your soul will be damned and tortured in hell forever I guess

he slaughtered them mercilessly, at least on the field they would have a chance of defending themselves

is that something miura has actually revealed in the manga? or is it just speculation?

Well, no, that's not true.That's actually what happens to apostles.
Uhm, that's a good point but it doesn't make a great difference

Wasn't it said that the souls of the sacrifices are dragged to hell or whatever it is?

It's like the part in Kaiji where the guy says "I'll protect you!" during the stabbing game and she takes that as an excuse to tell the sword man to put it into her boyfriend's neck hole.

You probably have a mental illness,if you think what he did is even remotely justifiable.

Not all soldiers die. Mercenaries fight on battlefields for money, I'm sure they wouldn't have willingly sacrified themselves for Griffith (except Guts and Casca who were indebted to him). No one would have followed him if he just came up and told them to kill themselves so he could achieve Godhood, he had to force that shit and rationalize it by saying that since they work for him he has the right to.

In short he's an ass

I wouldn't throw a hissy fit over Guts leaving my army.

Live with my mistakes

How about not fucking the princess just because Gutts didn't want to be his eternal slave and hurt his feelings.

Griffith is a power hungry control freak sociopath. Anybody who likes him has serious mental issues.

Why was he so mad at Guts?

They weren't just mercenaries, they worshipped Griffith. I'm not trying to say that he had the right to use them as a sacrifice, but their destinies wouldn't have changed that much. Griffith has a goal and people willingly help him reaching his goal (usually sacrificing themselves).

They worshipped him because he was a good leader and brought good fortune with his choices and the people he gathered. When the king captured Griffith, only a few hundreds of soldiers stayed onboard to deliver him and it was mostly because they thought he would make them rich again. When they found out he was a cripple they just wanted to fuck off and some wanted to make a band with Guts iirc.

You can't say they were unquestionable devoted to Griffith, they followed him for their own selfish reasons as well. The band of the Hawk was successful and why would they want to leave when they climbed the social ladder with Griffith?

>for me a friend is someone I can consider my equal

guts was the first person he considered his equal and hence his friend. the guy was pretty devastated when he lest the band

maybe for a few of them, but most of the prominent members seemed completely devoted to him

Well, of course they followed him for that reason. When Griffith was captured, the vast majority of them was forced to leave, just because they were pursued by the royal army. Then, when Griffith was freed, his soldiers, seeing how bad his status was,decided to leave him because there was nothing to do with him, he wasn't in its leader position anymore. They would've followed the Hawk until death, otherwise.

Honestly in his state he was pretty much driven into a corner, I would've sacrificed the band. But I wouldn't have raped Casca.

Exactly this, Griffith saved many's life and gave them a second chance, becoming their idol.

IIRC most of them just went somewhere else because they didn't want to face the king. They were 30 000, there's no way 29 000 of them were killed or pursued to somewhere else. So some of them probably left before they saved Griffith.

After Griffith was freed, they stopped caring about him (as an individual) when they found out he was a cripple. If they worshipped him as much as you said, they would have stayed to make sure the days he had left would be happy.

well not all 30000 were completely devoted. I agree most were probably there to climg the social ladder or earn some money. Im just saying that the more prominent band members were completely devoted to him. Unfortunately it was them who got sacrificed.

So a doctor who after decades of saving people starts to murder his patients ruthlessly is fine too? After all he saved far more people then he killed?

Even the most devoted left him after they saw he couldn't lead them anymore. It would have been Guts, Casca and maybe 4 or 5 other people to take care of Griffith for the rest of his life if Eclipse didn't happen.

They probably lost their hopes, or at least that's what I think, even though your point stands still. The thing is, the ones present during the eclipse were mainly its most trusted comrades, and those of them who were going to leave him needed to do something in order to live (have a "job", you know).

That's not the reason why he had the right to sacrifice them, I'm just saying why they trusted him so much. He only cares about its goal, and its comrades formed the ladder to its dream.

>the reason why he had the right to sacrifice them
He had no right, he is shit.

He had no right to sacrifice them at all. That's not in the contract they made.

Everyone knew they were dying for Griffith's sake during the Eclipse, that didn't make them more comfortable

Please, read carefully the entire sentence. I just said that Griffith saving their lives make him trusted. He didn't have the right, but simply the power to do so.

I like him. There's nothing wrong with appreciating him as a villain. I mean he's not real and I don't have to be around him or be subject to any of his doings. From the perspective of a reader, there's nothing wrong with liking this character. Admiring him is something different though, I agree.

Everyone likes a good villain, although it's harder to like Griffith since he's also a fucking cunt

I know people don't like Griffith, but really, what he went through prior to the Eclipse (which he was wrong for participating in) was horrific.

And it was entirely his own fault.

That doesn't mean it's not still excessively horrific. He wasn't executed, he was fucking mutilated. I mean sure, it happened because of his actions, but it was STILL BAD.

That triggered 30 000 people's deaths before the Eclipse even began though. And he could've stopped it midway by not insulting the king and talking to him

>30,000 people in the Band

What the fuck, when is this even said? I thought it was only a few thousand tops.

idk die lol

Nah.
He couldn't have stopped it.

>30 000

is it a jew doing the counting here or what the fuck happened?

At least he could've improved it with some diplomacy. IIRC the king went to ask him why he did that and he just spat on his face. Less/no torture, no slaughter of the Hawk, I'm sure this could have been done.

Reread the mango, it's said somewhere

So is he gonna sacrifice Falconia? Is he, is he?

>betraying your comrades' trust doesn't mean anything
Well tipped.

He should have rape Guts instead.

>tfw miura ends the manga with guts dying and going to hell while griffith continues to rule earth

>Reread the mango, it's said somewhere
Nope, it didn't. It's just your delusion.

Guts will win. I believe in Miura.

>miura ends the manga

Bwahahaha!

Miura is like 49 years old now
Nips have long life expectancy
so hes got like twenty years to wrap it up before he starts getting senile
>tfw I will be 44 if he takes that long to finish it

fuck caska again.

He's really that young? If Berserk started 2 decades ago, he wrote one of the greatest arcs of all time in his 20's?

>Eddie Murphy wrote Delirious when he was 22.
what am i doing with my life

I hated that book.

Me too.

Oh shit, I mixed the numbers of the Doldrey Fort (30 000) and the Band of the Hawk at that point (5000).
But the Band of the Hawk had time to grow after the Doldrey win so they're probably way more than 5000 when Griffith fucks the princess, I don't remember if there's another number

>wouldn't have raped one girl
>but I'd still let the rest of my hundreds of men be eaten alive by demons

What is the logic here?

I assume that Griffith needs to let monsters kill his men to achieve Godhood, but raping Casca was totally unecessary

Ah, s'pose that makes more sense.

>griffith apologism

Rape is so gratuitous in Berserk that it's almost lost all meaning.

Everyone tries to rape Casca but Griffith doing it right after the Eclipse is very important. It shows that despite not being cornered and miserable anymore, he's still a fucking cunt who'd gladly make Guts and Casca more miserable than they already are. Even Griffith apologists can't deny this wrong. I hope Griffith will die and get raped by that noble who fucked him for money

You have a chance to survive in a battlefield and your leader is supposed to well lead you to victory so you can fight another day.

And thats like saying what's wrong with your fellow soldier murdering you just because there's a chance someone else will kill you.

Uh guys, why not just use the magic and shit in the berserk world to fix his injuries? Or become a psuedo apostle like mozgus(which doesn't require a sacrifice).

As the manga goes on you realize there were many other ways for griffith to lead his men again other than sacrificing his friends.

No the manga will end with guts going mad and becoming like the beast of darkness.

Its been foreshadowed for so long that the beast of darkness will one day erupt from guts mind and even in his most peaceful moments, we are made aware of guts' darker urges.

Probably. Do you really believe the servants of a being of pure evil is going to just build a nice sanctuary for humans to live in peacefully? And if thats what the god hand wanted then there's no reason to fuse the worlds and have fantasy beasts running around forcing people into falconia.

Its funny. He sacrificed his comrades to assure his dream but now he'll have to sacrifice that for some bullshit demon agenda.

>nips have long life expectancy

Not all.

Which arc are you referring to?

It wasn't 30,000, it was 5,000 minus whatever they lost when they captured Doldrey.

I wouldn't have jumped the gun and fucked the princess because my husbando decided to take my own words to heart.

was that the reason?

it seemed so strange for griffith to commit a tactical error of that kind

His only friend left him.

The world wasn't broken enough yet for things
Iike fairies to appear. Then Griffith broke it a little with the eclipse, then he broke it a LOT. Puck came in after the cracks started to form.

Puck was there before that

Count and the guy who he tortured were sent to hell.
Also, If I remember correctly skull knight implies that branded are sent to hell.

mozgus wasn't an apostle

he got infected by the egg apostle without actually wanting it

also nor griffith nor anybody in the band of the hawk knew/believed to magic

Yeah but nearly nobody could see him. Even Guts could only see the flower fairy by being so close to death.

>without actually wanting it
He loved it.

But he didn't ask for it.

His body secretly wanted it.

People could see him before that though, and some people can't see him after the eclipse still

He was traveling with people in a caravan. People can't typically see puck because of belief or some shit.

>the flower fairy

I swear that 3 chapter flashback is the best thing in berserk, absolutely beautiful

The band of the hawk was pretty mired in the real world. I doubt any of them could have seen puck normally aside from maybe Guts.

In the manga at least rape is depicted pretty brutally. Even Casca's rape, despite shitposters saying she enjoyed it. Which is one of the reasons I disliked the movies(aside from the shitty CGI). During the rape in the movie, she seemed to actually enjoy it.

its all fate anyway, or "causality"
his fate was sealed before he was born, it was to acquire the crimson behelit and use it to ascend to godhood

most women orgasm during rape senpai

Griffith will die, I'm sure of it.

>most
Most rapists don't last all that long.

It's like that in the manga too though, it's only violent before that when the monsters try raping her

Femto's dick has spikes on it.

Why does the berserk dub has the best outtakes?

Like a cat?

Berserk dub has the best voice actor for guts. I prefer it over the japanese unless they get akio otsuka to play him. Marc fucking nails the character.

>its all fate anyway, or "causality"
>his fate was sealed before he was born, it was to acquire the crimson behelit and use it to ascend to godhood

Why do people keep forgetting this?

I would've raped Guts too desu

>did nothing wrong
>nothing wrong