Canadian poet laureate Pierre DesRuisseaux accused of plagiarizing Tupac Shakur

>Several poems from DesRuisseaux's book Tranches de vie that bear an unmistakable resemblance to work by Dylan Thomas, Louis MacNeice and even Tupac Shakur, according to a poetry detective

>poetry detective

good job Canada.

Other urls found in this thread:

nationalpost.com/news/canada/all-eyez-on-him-canadian-poet-laureate-pierre-desruisseaux-accused-of-plagiarizing-tupac-shakur
theguardian.com/books/2017/sep/09/poetry-plagiarism-copying-maya-angelou-ira-lightman-will-storr
unvis.it/theguardian.com/books/2017/sep/09/poetry-plagiarism-copying-maya-angelou-ira-lightman-will-storr
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

WHERE MUH THUGS AT!?
*CH*CH*
PEW PEW

Tupac was gay.

Half the cities in America have streets named after this guy, who plagiarized every other thing he ever wrote or said

His birthday's a holiday

They had a Commie come make a statue of him in DC

and every street named after him is filled with violence. except in Madison WI. That is the only city where MLK jr BLVD is not in the ghetto

I like MLK.

He told blacks they need to stop committing so much crime if they want to be seen as equals.

If anything POL should consider him a hero.

>a poetry detective

what the fuck

Nigga have you ever listened to Tupac? he excelled at everything that had to do with the rap industry. The guy was one of the select few rap artists who could rap to the beat. Unlike Master P, Pdiddy, or even Eminem. Tupac had decent IQ when he was young too. Guy was a scholar.

i have listend to ALL of his albums. even the post humous ones. they are not poetry. they are filled with the same gangster nigger shit that is a scourge in all the gehttos. he lived and died like a nigger.

"thats what niggas do!" -Tupac

Pac should've been the first black president, instead we got King nigger obongo

Post examples of the supposed plagiarism or it didn't happen .Pointless thread when there's just a claim.

Also, any poet that feels a need to plagiarize Tupac whose pen game was unbelievably overrated is just the saddest sack of all sad sacks.

>This is news in canada

>a convicted gangrapist should've been president

Not every country has the luxury of daily terrorist attacks to report on.

Not every country has the luxury of a truthful and unbiased press either.

wat

read the freeking article.

dylan thomas

>that's why I fucked your bitch, you fat motherfucker...
>first off,
>fuck your bitch and the clique you claim...
"Editors at the Journal if Post-Postmodern Faggotry had noticed that the professors submissions had taken a sharp turn from his previous work..."

>poetry detective

Just when you think this joke of a country can't outdue themselves, they do!

That's like poetry from some 14-year-old's diary. Embarrassing.

And the fucking article wasn't even linked, fucking Nuh-zee.

So he's a fraud who managed to pull the wool over people's eyes to make money in a niche market? I don't know how anyone can think they can pass off that poem as original work without anyone's noticing. Surely among the people reading his shitty books of poetry at least someone must've read famous poets like Thomas and would recognize something like that right off the bat.

>Who is Bill Clinton?

not technically a fraud I don't think. they are translations of englush poetry in to french

nationalpost.com/news/canada/all-eyez-on-him-canadian-poet-laureate-pierre-desruisseaux-accused-of-plagiarizing-tupac-shakur

>“It looks to me like a book of deliberate translations,” Lightman said in an interview. “And yet there’s no crediting.”

Let's be fair now, Tupac did his own share of borrowing:

Keats

My heart aches, and a drowsy numbness pains
My sense, as though of hemlock I had drunk,
Or emptied some dull opiate to the drains
One minute past, and Lethe-wards had sunk:
'Tis not through envy of thy happy lot,
But being too happy in thine happiness,—
That thou, light-winged Dryad of the trees,
In some melodious plot
Of beechen green, and shadows numberless,
Singest of summer in full-throated ease.

Tupac

My heart be hurtin, and nigga I feel sleepy
like I dun an drank too mucha da purple
Suckin down dem bluntz like bitchez cuntz
on muh dick, bustin out dey Lesotho nurple
Nigga I ain't mad cuz yous be happy,
but lil nigga why gotta be so happy to be happy
Nigga flyin his ass round like a bitch
Nigga flyin inna trees
all green and shit with shadows like muh squad
Nigga shut your tweety ass mouth

>poetry detective

Holy shit kek did you just write that?

>poetry detective

theguardian.com/books/2017/sep/09/poetry-plagiarism-copying-maya-angelou-ira-lightman-will-storr

Archive
unvis.it/theguardian.com/books/2017/sep/09/poetry-plagiarism-copying-maya-angelou-ira-lightman-will-storr

>Lightman is feared, reviled and lauded in the poetry world. For some, he’s a tireless vigilante, bravely aiming his chin at his enemies. For those enemies, he’s a bully and a witch-finder with an unnatural obsession. For others still, he’s in error; some of his targets aren’t plagiarists at all, they argue, just sloppy note-keepers. Moreover, Lightman makes no allowances for the practice of “intertextuality”: when you take someone else’s poem and use its structure, mood or language as a foundation for something new. You might use intertextuality to comment on the original poem, for example, or alter it in such a way that it moves into your own lived experience. Perhaps a late-life experiment could explain the Canadian laureate’s apparent thieving. It might just turn out to be DesRuisseaux’s last opportunity to have his reputation restored in the pages of history and to rise (rise, rise) like the dust/wind.

see nigga thats why i aint post no damn link in my OP cus you guys get all fussy about archiving and sheeyut

>Nigga flyin his ass round like a bitch
>Nigga flyin inna trees
HAHAHA

underrated post desu

IT'S NOT ALL US WE DIDN'T CHOOSE HIM TO REPRESENT US FUCK HIM AND HIS WHORE MOTHER

>Guy was a scholar

Go fuck yourself you wigger sack of shit.

Lol, time to check it out.

>Nigga flyin inna trees
I laughed for 5 minutes

>Louis MacNeice
Grey brick upon brick,
Declamatory bronze
On sombre pedestals –
O'Connell, Grattan, Moore –
And the brewery tugs and the swans
On the balustraded stream
And the bare bones of a fanlight
Over a hungry door
And the air soft on the cheek
And porter running from the taps
With a head of yellow cream
And Nelson on his pillar
Watching his world collapse.

>Tupac
I don't give a fuck
They done pushed me to my limit, I'm all in
I might blow up any minute, did it again
And now I'm in the back of the paddy wagon
While this cop's bragging about the nigga he's jackin'
I see no justice, all I see is niggas dying fast
The sound of a gun blast, then watch the hearse pass
Just another day in the life, G

One a Paddy and the other has a paddy wagon in it, I suppose, but to have those names considered in the same pool to plagiarize.

kek holy shit

that tells me he was a well read man. most people have never even taken literature in high school.

His lyrics flowed perfectly with the beats. That's what made him good. The nigger shit was what was necessary for the albums to sell. look at A Tribe Called Quest and the Roots, they were distinctly less abrasive, but the tradeoff was that they're viewed as pussies in the rap scene.

The fuck else do you listen to baquette. Mitsou? Sheeeit go fasten another chasity clamp on your escargot penis.

>implying
Poetry Detective is one of the highest, most esteemed, cultured and valued professions one could possibly have in Canadian society.

Trudeau answers to poetry detectives.

When was he ever not young?