Character says "sank-yu" in engrish

>character says "sank-yu" in engrish
>subtitles translate it as "merci"
why is this allowed?

it's basically the same thing
if you were in north america, they would have changed it to "gracias"

Essentially I based that as the translators assuming the viewer is too retarded to hear "sank-yu" as anything, because their feeble minds can't handle it. So they put Merci or grazie or what have you, because it makes the viewer understand "oh, they weren't speaking nip".

It's still retarded though

Funny but it almost sounds like you understand Japanese well enough to criticize the translator's artistic choice. Why are you using subtitles at all, pray tell?

>t. horriblesubs

>Americans use Spanish as the go-to foreign language
BUILD

Understanding basic phrases =! A well-versed understanding of conversation. Besides, phrases that are repeated over and over are easier to understand, because they're separate from grammar rules and syntax.

This and various shit like that is the reason why I only download horrible subs now.

>eating shit just because it's on the menu

Hint: If there's anything else on the menu, that translator's shit will be deservedly identified as such.

What's wrong with that? You're reading the subs in English, if they just sub it as "thank you" it wouldn't be apparent that they were using a loan word (from the subs alone).

Because you're dumb enough to download shitty subs.

Why do sub groups translate fuck buddy as sex-friend?

Why do they localize Japanese food to western food items?

Why do they put honorifics in the subs?

>implying Spanish didn't get there first

>implying Spanish didn't get there first
What does this even mean?

Get where?

the spanish conquered north america before anyone else

lol

And then we kicked their asses in the Mexican-American War and kicked them out. They should just be thankful we didn't annex the entirety of Mexico as we easily could have.

>annex all of mexico in 1848
>more than half of the US' population is now spic

epic

Are you sure you don't mean the mexicans?
We're talking about 2 different things here.

>spanish conquered north america
And so automatically anyone that sets foot in America should use Spanish as the foreign language.

Pablo go home. You're drunk off tequila and thoughts of reconquista

>Mexican-American War
>kicked Spanish ass
Do you nerds need a history anime?

i thought that meant 39

latinos already own the entire southwest US anyway

>not putting honorifics in the subs
This annoys the fuck out of me

>"you can understand words taken directly from your native language"
>"looks like you don't need subs then, hope you can get by with weeb jap phrases only"
uhhhhh

All Hispanics are essentially the same. Same language, same religion, very similar culture, the only difference among them is their ethnic background.

Delusional mestizo detected.

You need a map?

> the spanish conquered north america before anyone else
Not that long before the French

>この人はまだ翻訳と字幕に頼っている

Asians were there first anyway. All you European fags are delusional.

And Asians, just like everyone else, came from Africa originally. Blacks are the true master race, m8

Did the Hwan Empire really reach and colonize the North American west coast?

No. That was the late Qing dynasty.

Just like in my NTR!

The Spanish and their native miscegenation kids became the Mexicans.

But they're not the spanish.
It wasn't a war against the spanish.

He was saying the descendants of the Spanish had some sort of right to the land because the Spanish were there first, I was saying that the descendants who inherited their alleged birthright (the Mexicans) got removed by a righteous ass-kicking and lost all right to claim the land as their own because they couldn't git gud enough to defend it.