Daily Japanese Thread DJT #1531

Cornucopia of Resources / Guide
Read the guide before asking questions.
docs.google.com/document/d/1pKgBm8Aa58mjB1hYhbK-VOPZsRBTXBuPBzw8Xikm2ss/pub?embedded=true

Previous Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=SlCRfTmBSGs
nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=670002
youtube.com/watch?v=vqQR8QWI2xQ
nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=547460
youtube.com/watch?v=X-B2x7jGa4s
dictionary.goo.ne.jp/jn/174989/meaning/m0u/
core6000.neocities.org/10k/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Sorry for offtopic but I have no friends but you guys..

Anyone know where I can find the song '凛として咲く花の如く'? It isn't on nyaa.

youtube.com/watch?v=SlCRfTmBSGs
I'm very genetically blessed; I cannot deny it, but I work hard at keeping myself together. Yes, I have nice cheekbones and skinny legs, but I can't take any credit for it.

おそっ

nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=670002

Is that not it?

>literature
>zip
its a virus bro

what do you have against youtube's supreme sound quality? youtube.com/watch?v=vqQR8QWI2xQ

What about nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=547460 then?

But yeah just downloading it off youtube would be way easier

This is under manga and is pretty cool but it's a different version.

Muh quality. I'm kind of surprised a song this popular has no well seeded torrent

What's 'っぴ' in 'どしたのっぴ'?
どしたの = What's wrong
But っぴ is normally used at the end of people's names so what does it mean here?

>its a virus bro
You can view the contents, you know.

I want to ____ guide-user!

I'm having difficulty in finding a good adaptation for this line on End of Evangelion:

三度の報いの時が 今

The problem is that the line is obviously ambiguous, and what does "mukui" refers to is unclear.

Some older translations have used both retribution and return, such as "The time of the Third Return has come"
I like return better, but my QC doesn't.

I thought that "Mukui" might have been a stilted way to say "kareu" because Seele always says things in a cocky way and the following line is used in the Japanese Lyrics of the music theme played in the movie:

無へと還ろう
"All returns to nothing"

Could that be it, or mukui and the line definitely are not referring to a "return to nothing"?

Thanks a lot.

>I'm having difficulty in finding a good adaptation for this line on End of Evangelion:
This isn't a translation thread, because translators frequently come in here and start arguments, but if you're having trouble with japanese itself rather than english word choice, I'm sure someone might be willing to help you.

What does the せな in 掃除せなあかん mean?

Trying not to wash is useless.

Sephautistic detected

prolly short for せねば which again is short for しなければ

so it would mean 掃除しなければいけない: gotta clean

I see, thanks.
Gotta get used to how people shorten sentences like that.

Well, is more related to the Japanese itself. If "mukui" can related to "kaeru" in anyway.

>Done nothing but listening practice for the last two weeks
I dont have anything compelling to read

really stupid question but what does のが mean in this sentence?

Than expected.

俺はこのスレに自慰している。

>に

thanks

>le sarcastic greentext

It refers to the thing that came before, so "the quiet one" in this case.

の makes it into a thing and が is just short for がy

>le ignorant shitpost from a retard who hasn't studied his grammar

このスレのお陰でゲイになっちゃったボクは

oh i understand.

so it's 静かな(の)が、アリス(の)部屋 = the quiet one is alice's room. thank you

>tfw top 1% of this thread

It feels good to know how much better I am than everyone else. I come here once in a while and get nostalgic over all the retarded questions. It's also hilarious how most of the people who talk with authority here clearly don't know what they're talking about either. Blind leading the blind.

same

What % am I?

Hah, look, a kanji study cuck! Everyone point at him and laugh!

Top 40%.

>implying i study kanji
that's a vocab deck that i stopped years ago m7

Is there anything wrong with doing "2 days a day" in anki, with the study ahead function? If I have a lot of free time that is?

reasons why im better than all yall

i have sex with beautiful japanese women nightly

i have a big dick

im in my physical prime and can even beat up ninjas and samurais

i make millions of yen every year

i can read high literature such as muramasa and dies irae blindfolded

even my farts sound japanese and if you smell them you may notice a slight hint of sakura

That's kansai-ben, a dialect, and not just "shortening" per se

Yeah, me too.

Friendly reminder that Fukui ben is the best.

Any free time you have would be infinitely better spent reading more.

I want to read when I'm at 2k vocab which I'm not at yet, hence me wanting to speed it up.

If you're below 2k, you're probably not even close to seeing how high reps get when you overdo it.

Increase new cards instead.

instead of reading i recommend rap videos

youtube.com/watch?v=X-B2x7jGa4s

This is a bad idea, the earlier you start reading the better.
You're not properly learning words or grammar unless you learn to recognise and understand them in context.

embarrassing

Well, what did you expect? People who've actually learned a thing or two about the language don't frequent these threads anymore since they can actually consume media. I only visit once in a while to see how DJT's been and there only seems to be more stupid questions and shitposting than there was when I first started out ...

Oh a new topic...

I've posted this in the previous one and I'm still unconvinced, or rather, there were two options that seemed right, so I'd like to ask here again.

The context is a boyfriend and girlfriend are discussing, the boyfriend wants to do something weird, she doesn't want anymore, and the dialogue is as follows:

> Boy: Hey let's do this (blindfold)
> Girl: No way! I refuse because
> Boy: But this is nothing compared to what we've done before...
> Girl: The problem IS what we've done before!
> Girl: 確かに何でもしていいからって迫ったのは私よ?
> Girl: But there are limits! Every time I agree to it, always we get rash and I end up miserably

This sentence, I got two meanings:
確かに何でもしていいからって迫ったのは私よ?
(certainly) (anything) (doing is okay) (because) (quote) (urged/pressed) (was) (me?)

an Sup Forumsnon gave: "Certainly, I (might've) encouraged you by doing everything"

another Sup Forumsnon gave: "Do you think everything is okay because I'm the one who gets subjugated?"

I kinda doubted the meaning of this verb 迫, that meaning isn't on the dictionary I'm using (nor google) so I went to a japanese dictionary (even though I'm still bad at it and had to slowly translate it)

> dictionary.goo.ne.jp/jn/174989/meaning/m0u/
To harass with pressure. Push/pressure with authority.

Which seems to fit "subjugation". The other option is also believable to a stretch. Can someone help me pointing what am I doing wrong and how can I get the meaning of that phrase?

しゃせいがだいすき

And I think I even translated it wrongly, it's supposed to be "the pressure from harassment" or something like that?

But are wrong, though.

It's that definition, "to press". She pressed him saying "何でもしていいから", "you can do whatever". So she was basically like "do it faggot" before, but now she changed her mind

You asked this question in the last thread and someone already gave you the answer, are you seriously this retarded?

>But っぴ is normally used at the end of people's names so what does it mean here?
Let me first ask you this: What does it mean at the end of people's names? If you can answer that, you can probably answer your own question here too.

>that's a vocab deck that i stopped years ago m7
Nice try. I've seen you posting every so often and your kanji count increasing. At least you're getting to the point where you aren't trying to brag with half your grid yellow.

Any good learning books that aren't ripped yet?

Find me a copy of Japanese: the Spoken Language

>low ratings
>high price
No.

I heard it's supposed to be good. I'd like to at least skim through it.

I'm not paying for it.

Wow...

>I heard it's supposed to be good.

The entire book is in romaji lol.

I see the retards in r/learnjapanese praising it all the time though.

i was the one who said it was cool to get freaky but now im feelin kinda ちょっと because last time my 尻穴 got turned 裏返し and you know you never really appreciate taking a good うんち until you cant so ダメよ

I've only seen that one guy with a PhD in Japanese do it, I think. The information he quotes is more often than not interesting, though, so I've been wanting to give it a read.

いつもはオナらないわよ
オナる時だけ

Romaji is actually ideal for a book that focuses on speaking.
Kanji is a crutch that you don't have in the spoken language. You have to be able to tell homonyms apart without them.

>Kanji is a crutch that you don't have in the spoken language. You have to be able to tell homonyms apart without them.
This is true, but that is only an argument against kanji. You can have everything in kana without going full romaji never go full romaji

Also, it is still better to learn the words with kanji at first. A beginner textbook on speaking is going to be focusing on grammar not on trying to teach the meanings of jukugo.

Does someone know where I can find a spreadsheet of Core 10k?

core6000.neocities.org/10k/

this sites a virus beware

this postes a virus beware

Nice, thanks a lot.

1 click and its 一ころ for you dont say i didnt 断り you

じゃあ、お前はどんな助詞がいいなのか?

Can you put up a redirect to the op link so we don't have to paste the whole link every time? Thanks

not mine i just responded to his request

not him but で

じゃあ教室に戻りましょうか迷子ちゃん

タイラー先生が待ってるから

日本で最近では米を昔のように研がなくていいとよく聞きます。精米機の質が上がり、軽く洗うだけでよく、研ぎすぎると栄養分まで抜けてしまうとか、必要以上に削れてしまうとかメディアでも言っていますが、アメリカ産の日本米でも同じことが言えるのでしょうか?アメリカの土で育て、アメリカの精米機を使っているので、やはりゴシゴシ研ぐべきなのでしょうか?

"Recently its often heard that polishing rice the old way is good. The rice husker's quality is increasing, often a slight wash is enough, washing aggressively leaches nutrients, the rice is overpolished, says the media. However can the same be said of America produced Japanese rice? Raised in American soil, polished with American machine, its shouldent be overpolished right?

What does 精米機の質が上がり mean? "The rice husker's quality is increasing"?

What does the trailing だけでよく mean? Is it just adv form of だけでいい?

上がる has to many freakin definitions dude how do you expect me to know

日本語だけでよくわからないよおにいちゃん

Sorry dude I can't read that can you stick to comic books

でももう射精していたのにww

明日はどう?

Ok I guess I'll actually answer the questions
>What does 精米機の質が上がり mean? "The rice husker's quality is increasing"?
yes
>What does the trailing だけでよく mean? Is it just adv form of だけでいい?
Not as an adverb. Just think of it as だけでいい。 with the period after it

Also you made some huge mistakes with the first/last sentence so my advice to stick to comic books is serious.

>Recently its often heard that polishing rice the old way is good
Recently its often heard that you don't have to polish rice the old way
>its shouldent be overpolished right?
It's saying that you should perhaps polish rice produced in America roughly, as American soil is different from Japanese soil, and similarly for American 精米機, leading to different rice.
>What does 精米機の質が上がり mean? "The rice husker's quality is increasing"?
The machines' quality, efficiency. Yes.
>What does the trailing だけでよく mean? Is it just adv form of だけでいい
It just adds a simple "and" here, continuing the sentence, like for 上がり

絶対いく

日本語は難しい。。。

Finals have made me feel dead inside. I haven't done anything substantial with Japanese for a couple of weeks. How do I get back into the groove?

Why am I getting DJT guide edit emails from Kate something instead of Seiden something?

>usually get stuck near the end of my reps
>stuck on 10-20 words that just won't stick for a while
>after a few repeats they stick and all is good
>today there are 60+ of these words
>it's 00:30 and I just want to sleep
>still have to slog through at least 20 minutes of this shit

If only I had gotten ran over in the day

FUck education my man

どうかボクの友達が日本語を知らせてくれますように

I'm feeling that right now. All I want to do is have a decent job that pays the bills and have time for Japanese.

What do I put here to make my cards look good on both AnkiDroid and my Linux desktop?

>using non-free software on GNU/Linus

Anki is free on both Android and Linux...?

is your android device high dpi?

>URL Gothic

Oops, that should be URW Gothic. It's not even a Japanese font though, so it doesn't make a difference.

It's a Nexus 4. It actually looks fine if I set the system language to Japanese, but I can't figure out what font it's using.