Hei

What makes him special that no one ever calls him edgy?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ufr1XMaxJUU
youtube.com/watch?v=LePow0pZ3dQ
youtube.com/watch?v=M0UXSRcsyAc
youtube.com/watch?v=wjq3kyM1ThY
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

The mask. Without that is Sasuke.

DtB aired before people used the term edgy very often. It sort of became a meme a few years ago. Same thing with DEEP.

That and he's pretty emotionless and fairly stable, at least compared to the average angstlord 14 year old brat that is usually labeled edgy.

His girlfriend is blind.

No self respecting edgy man would date a blind girl.

Because everyone was a teenager back then so they thought he was cool and deep.

I mean he's not Kiritsugu tier but he's damn close.

It's old enough to have been spared

this. Edgy teens are always like "DEATH, I DON'T CARE MOM, I AM THE DARKNESS".

He's just "whatever" and does what he can do. You don't see him bursting in angst.

NOW I'VE LOST IT is edgy enough that it makes everything else look relatively tame.

People who think edgy exists are far cringier then the underdeveloped who preach about darkness and death, just another joke term used by those without a sense of humour to fit in.

He came out before Edgy became a meme

Edgy teens are also like "whatever, I don't care about anything, I feel nothing, there is nothing but darkness in my soul"

That's a front that breaks the moment they get into shit. Hei is really just a siscon. That's it. Everything else as far as he is concerned isn't really worth caring about. Only his sister makes him alive.

You sure you don't got that confused with depression and low self-steem?

Because Hei isn't edgy, the whole show is him grieving for his sister and then season 2 is him having a mental breakdown and becoming a drunk to cope. Hei cares about things.

>asexual
>drunkard
>beats little girls
>makes fun of disabled people

to be fair, everyone he smacked around was being a little shit.

While he is a hitman spy guy, he shows compassion for the people he is using at least and sometimes even helps them out. It's just the job comes first because the organization he works for has him by the balls.

He isn't really edgy.

Welp in Hei's case there wasn't even darkness in his soul, just general numbness and a very few soft spots.
He's just a very calm and collected character that doesn't go full Sasuke, and a pretty cool guy in general

So, he's the average Sup Forums user, he's probably reading this thread

they call him chinese electric batman instead
NOW I'VE LOST IT

I KNOW I CAN KILL

THE TRUTH EXISTS BEYOND THE GATE

There's literally nothing wrong with blind girls.

Wasn't it
>is hidden beyond the gates

gosh darn I have to look it up now.
it is gates, but the rest you have wrong.

youtube.com/watch?v=ufr1XMaxJUU

Where is S3?

>asexual
What?

Shouldn't S2 come before?

The OVAs are considered S1.5

they even made a pretty good fake OP for s2

Because Hei is just a guy that wants to save his sister and just keep doing his own shit. He does't have retarded darkness shit going on and he keeps himself together for a very large part of the show, and the few times he does lose it he doesn't make a huge deal out of it and is pretty brief. He's pretty mature and cool, not edgy.

> drunktard
> beats little girls
From what kind of fanfiction are you getting this?

youtube.com/watch?v=LePow0pZ3dQ

youtube.com/watch?v=M0UXSRcsyAc

This reeks of moeshit. It's not DtB at all.

Hei feels super out of place in that opening.

Decent AMV you got there

Will Hei ever reach beyond the gate and make sweet electric love to his sister?

Thats the best part. Almost every scene with Hei is unintentional comedy because of how much he doesn't fit in with everything else.
It's the only way I could manage to sit through a rewatch of S2.

At least you are consistent. Are you the guy wasted his time to do a decent Keit-Ai opening?

Sometimes I forget how great Hei was.

Why did Suou fall in love with Hei when he beat her, drank constantly, and then abandoned her the moment other priorities came up?

girls like bad boys

A mascot
Some... bikini chicks.
Suddenly Hei appears out of nowhere looking edgy as fuck
A giant sniper rifle.

Holy shit this is garbage, who did this opening? Nothing matches

Even though the second season was shit, I still enjoyed the degradation of Hei.

If I went from electric batman, to just some average joe, I would've probably killed myself.

If we took his mask off, would he die?

>Mari Okada did Ryusei no Gemini
Fuck this woman

Probably not

No, but you would.

ok thanks for the nostalgia thread

He's fleshed out very well.

Most "edgy" characters are vacuous and myopic.

Too bad there was never a second season, I really enjoyed DtB.

I love how DtB has the vanillaest douijins, its like having a heart attack over and over.

So... Squall?

I'm a big guy

For Yin

They do

>What makes him special that no one ever calls him edgy?
The fact that he's really a softie if you watch him even in the first arc of season 1.

Sasuke treated Sakura far worse throughout the entirety of Naruto and she still let him pump and dump her
Women are just weird.

That actually sounds like a lot of real life relationships.

Easy. No one gives a fuck about that series any more.

sounds like an edgelord

>makes fun of disabled people
Wut?

s2 hei is an abusive drunkard

>s1 Hei is abusive and straightedge
>s2 Hei is an abusive drunkard
Now that's character development.

edgy

It's because he's not actually all that edgy and his character is interesting

Threadly reminder that everybody but Sup Forums love edgy characters and that there's only jealous faggots who complain about them because they can't self insert.
They prefer pussy characters who cry their soul out like BnHA mc.

THIS IS NOW A YIN THREAD

POST MORE YIN

>straight edge

wot

What would her armpits smell like?

>edgy
Now I've lost it

Probably fresh and clean with a very minor scent of deodorant and sweat.

Generic edgy MCs are more entertaining than generic moralfag MCs. At least in shit shows, edgy MCs have a chance to turn the show into a trainwreck and make it fun to watch.

Pic somewhat related.

GARDEN OF EDEN

I actually liked DtB S2.
Suou is cute.

Best ED.
youtube.com/watch?v=wjq3kyM1ThY

edgy characters in anime are literally plebshit written to appeal to underage kids. there's no such a thing as a good edgy character in chinese cartoons.

If Anonymous says so then I can only believe.

I did too. It was bad, but Yasushi's godly compositions and hobo Hei made up for it. I still rewatch the whole series from time to time.

Guts was only an edgelord at the beginning of berserk when he was barely a character. He hasn't been edgy in decades. He's a moralfag now.

>Why does she acts like a woman?.

I do too. Despite loving season one, I was fine with a lot of the tings they changed between them like the tone, soundtrack composer, etc.

what's Sup Forums definition of an edgelord anyway.
You keep calling the buzzword but you never come up with the same meaning.

Now that you mention it, edgelord turned into a moralfag is basically the oldest trick in the book in order to turn a character into a fan favorite. It's cheap and it doesn't require any sort of particular talent as a writer to pull off and the masses love it.

but nobody like moralfags while everybody like edgelords

should i watch s2? or rather, how bad is it really? i really loved s1 and watched it in like a day, but I've only heard bad things about s2.

probably because writing a good moralfag requires more talent and you don't see that in this shitty industry.

What? Everybody likes edgelords turned into moralfags.

give me some exemple then because characters like sasuke, kaneki or vegeta always make the majority of the readers wet

If watch the OVAs in between them, then the second season will make a lot more sense. Memers will tell you the second season is bad because they watched it before the OVAs came out so I'd suggest you watch them and then form your own opinion on season two.

Who doesn't like Guts? Also, Sasuke is basically a moralfag now as far as I know. Same for Vegeta who had an edgy phase in the boo saga again, but was redeemed at the end. I wouldn't know about Kaneki since I haven't read Tokyo Ghoul. Redemption of the edgelord is what most of those readers seek.

thanks familia

Everybody says that it was better when guts was a lone wolf instead of a harem protag though

That probably has more to do with Miura losing the plot of his story than anything else. Regardless, Guts is still a fan favorite.

>darkness in my soul
yeah no