Zaregoto Anime confirmed

So, I remember many anons here on Sup Forums really wanted this to get animated for a long time, should I get hyped? Liked the Monogatari series, but the synopsis for this sounds much better.

animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-05-05/nisioisin-zaregoto-novels-launch-anime-project/.101810

I apologize if this announcement has already been discussed to death.

Animated by ?

The ANN article is rather sparse with details.

SHAFT, apparently. No big surprise, though it could take a while seeing how many projects they have at their hands right now.

I hope it's anyone but SHAFT.

We've talked about it already. I, for one, am scared. Fucking scared. Zaregoto is NisiOisin's true masterpiece and the hardest work to adapt to anime medium. So many things can go wrong, not just from the anime studio's side, but fan translations of the anime as well since localized translation is going to be extremely shitty approach.

Jesus Christ this is gonna be amazing, fuck the doubters and trust in SHAFT.

You might want to traverse to a parallel universe then

Best anime of 21st century before it's even out.

I can't even describe how huge this is. It's bigger than something like Haruhi S3 would be.

>fan translations of the anime as well since localized translation is going to be extremely shitty approach.
At least Aniplex will save us by not translating half of it

Maybe, if Haruhi wasn't more successful and popular around the globe, sure.

I only have to look at Katanagatari to see that other studios can handle Nisio better than SHAFT ever could.

tomo a qt

A glance at the synopsis tells me it's the exact same cut of tripe as Medagotari.

every girl is the best in zaregoto,

why are shilling ANN? Just post a screencap of the official page and link that, not like they offer any additional insight.

SHAFT are the masters of too much exposition through dialogue. Zaregoto is much heavier than Monogatari. The direction this will take will pretty much be Bake 2.0, which is sad since exposition through dialogue is one of the laziest storytelling techniques. This deserves much better.

If you need some faceless drone to tell you whether to be interested in something or not you're probably not that interested in the first place and never will be truly

I really truly think it doesn't matter with the kind of fans this guy has. Just make sure to get the fanservice right and there fanaticism will take care of the rest

Yeah but this has hipster cred so therefore things and such

Pretty much but that's what's popular now. Beats trying to put effort into animating things and is far more lucrative at that. Anime is animation in name only now anyway, its really only 10% of what matters at most well after charafter design and brand recognition which this will have more than covered for the sorts of people that still buy or think anime has any merit

I don't think it"ll be too bad, they handled Kizu pretty well.

It's more trippy and eccentric as hell even when compared to Monogatari. Lots of characters have odd, made up, or unique as ways use of pronouns, phrases, and speech patterns. The current fan translation out provide very helpful footnotes when it's appropriate, but even that barely passes the minimum to understand the meaning and what they should sound/act like. I doubt the anime will have that, so it's going to be even harder or just impossible. Most aren't just going to be translated, there's no way around it other than that.

Shaft's lineup gets more and more interesting.

Sounds annoying as shit and like it'll be popular on Sup Forums and MAL

>Lots of characters have odd, made up, or unique as ways use of pronouns, phrases, and speech patterns.
Like every LN ever.

I guess SHAFT's Nisio Isin Project really is gonna adapt EVERYTHING by the guy, huh?

Not too familiar with Zaregoto besides it being one of the things LNfags really really wanted.

>annoying
Only if you can't into moe.

>Shaft will adapt take's artstlye perfectly

I'm ready.

>EOP ruining shit again.

Anime is a mistake.

>Muh show not tell

fuck off

Is this real? Am I being trolled? I am literally crying right now if this is real.

>Use an audiovisual medium as if it was a book.

It's like pressing X to Jason.

Theres a news link in the OP you big baby. Its as real as the love for your waifu

Crying because SHAFT and EOP will ruin this right?

>3 full series
>1 being backed by Type Moon

Ya im soooooo worried

I actually couldn't care less. If they make it past volume 5 I will be the happiest man alive.

I like how this is somehow Shaft's fault that Nisio literally writes walls of text

>filename
So is this actually another harem?

>mfw EOP think fan''''''translation''''''' in anyway represent the true quality of the book.

Loving
Every
Laugh.

Half of those are dead in the volume they are introduced.

And suddenly it's also available digitally. Why am I not surprised?

On the other hand, if the anime becomes a success, will this somehow improve the chances for the English localization to be continued?

Who own the right?

Fuck del rey.

Did I say that? I know that by reading only the English fan translations or the localized ones I'm probably missing on Nisio's true genius, but I'm happy with what I get and Zaregoto still managed to become my favorite Light Novel.

What a fresh meme.

Del Rey's successor, I'd say? Kodansha Comics USA.
But I think they haven't released a single LN, so the chances are probably next to nothing.

So is it one as the user implies by calling it "god tier harem" or a joke? Because even if they die they can still be haremettes before they bite it. Or hell even in a flashback.

If I'm not mistaken, every story is kind of like Katanagatari last episode, right?

I don't think anyone has it

The blue girl is the main love interest.
The red one is the teasing onee-san.
The girl with yellow ribbon hang around Ii-chan when he crossdress.
The red girl on the bottom is yandere.
The one that smoking something is a house mate.
The guy on the bottom is his soul mate.

I don't know about the rest.

That's lame.

How's Kizu translation anyway? Is it decent?

>Kizu
Yeah, it's pretty good.

>it's also available digitally
Not full adaptation confirmed.

it's not an harem: mc date no girls and the only one really close to him, blue, he hate her

He hates Kunagisa? Is that confirmed in the later novels? Elaborate. Spoilers, pls.

it's basically the point of novel 4 and 5

Time to reread, then.

""You actually hate Kunagisa Tomo, don't you?"
Utsurigi -- Utsurigi Gaisuke, suddenly, without any forewarning or prefacing, as if it were the most natural of natural things in the world, without one bit of wavering or holding back, without a moment of hesitation or a trace of mercy, yet without any sense of pressure or any sense of accusation, as if admiring and disdaining, as slick and smoothly as if he were saying the most obvious of the obvious, asked.
I answered.
"I don't know.""

>It has no haremshit but it has shounenshit.
Disappointment.

Are there any drama cds for this to get an idea of the casting or should I just expect Chiwa to voice everyone?

Ebin.

>shonenshit
not really, it's a closed murder mistery series
featuring Nonsene

Boku-sama-chan is best girl and mai waifu.

>Last translation for this was October 2014
>Check just to make myself feel bad about it being dead
>Updated slightly in January and March of 2016
Why didn't any of you faggots tell me?

No, my dear freind

I wait when every book is translated before reading it

It just alaws seems so unnatural to me when an anime have a diverse cast of attractive characters but there's nothing going on between them.

Shaft is best studio at character design so itd be amazing to be animated by them.

EOP

Because they are fucking dead by the end of the volume.

All the flag are crushed, shit has 100% casualty rate yo.

they don't appear together
I don't even remember if Juna and Tomo ever spoke, at least in the first 5 novels
true

Alright then.

Jun is at Kunagisa's house at the end of volume 2 and they are good pals.

I mean onscreen

I like how Nisio admitted to killing his favorite character. She my favorite too.
RIP long-hair school girl sumurai. Killed by worst girl, too.

Wonder if that one Pixiv guy still does Zaregoto stuff. His art for it looked really good. Can't remember his name but he did stuff like this, minus the translation.

>Because they are fucking dead by the end of the volume.

Volume 2's last scene is Ii visiting Kunagisa's house and Jun is literally sitting next to Kunagisa.

I'm actually surprised this announcement didn't get a sticky with 1000 replies. This is one of those "absolutely and completely impossible announcements" that actually became true.

So it doesn't even have one or two MCs through several volumes?

Is that spoiler about Ii-chan's housemate?

The MC, Ii, survives until the end. Jun is also present or alive in most volumes, Kunagisa too, and then Hime-chan as well.

>How's Kizu translation anyway? Is it decent?
Yeah, way better than Aniplex with the anime.

you are right, i completly forget
Zaregoto has only one mc, Iichan
Ningen has various Zerozaki
I guess Jun is the Mc of her novel

>EOP
>Knowing shit about this.

Ii-chan, Blue, and Red survived.

Shame vofan didnt do the art for zaregoto

Zaregoto's been given too much false hope.
>Official translation! That got to be two volumes
>Fan translation! That died and can only recently be barely considered alive
>Manga! But spinoff only ones and no translations for even those
Not to mention faggot mods deleting LN threads.

Nah, that's like the final boss or something. It's hardly even a spoiler because by the time you meet her it's pretty obvious.

>himechan
not the same person
zaregoto was never that popular compared to monogatari, and kizu didnt even get a sticky
there is a zaregoto manga?

Nigger please. Variety is good.

Both vofan and take have that "hipster-artsy" quality to their art anyhow.

>not the same person
What do you mean?

no memory

That would mean they'd have to come up with new designs

I glad it didn't. Unnecessary attention and hype from just being popular would be harmful than good. It's better to keep this among people who are actual fans.

im just saying because monogatari char design is incredibly good

What a naive child.

When the animation finally started the thread will turn into circlejerking generalshit, because it's both Nisioshit and SHAFTshit.

The thread will be worse than Yahari.

I'm pretty sure there's only like five people here who read Zaregoto

There are actually doujin on the panda
Iichan thinking of maki getting raped it's too funny to be true

Damn, that realization really sucks, seeing my favorite thing get ruined like that. Guess I'll just avoid the threads.

It's also not something that looks easy to adapt

I don't know dude, I love how take draw pattern on his art.

THIS.
Kyoani or IG, please deliver.
Shaft is full of hacks for sure.

I think he means for the time being.
Every thread turns for episode one of something, and then the Zaregoto threads will stay shit due to constantly questions about leaked spoilers, Nisioshit and Shaftshit, like you say.

A calm announcement thread isn't bad though, right?

I've read all of what's translated, and could probably read it in Japanese if I applied myself, but I'm against it for some reason.
Probably because I hear Nisio shit is hard to understand in the raws, not to mention shit like double/triple/etc entendres constantly going over my head and the other fun Nisio nonsense.
That and since I started reading it in English, I kinda just wanna finish it in English.