When will the meme that Bleach is shit stop?

When will the meme that Bleach is shit stop?

Kubo is a decent writer. The plot has become unpredictable unlike One piss or fairy bore. He's also the most talented shonen artist out there. Look at that pic case in point.

Other urls found in this thread:

papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm?abstract_id=2195562
academia.edu/3620074/Life_Death_and_the_Path_to_Enlightenment_Buddhist_Symbolism_in_the_Manga_Bleach_
i.imgur.com/jto5MOu.jpg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Ah, an old fashioned Bleach v One Piece thread.

I cant say I really missed those cancerous threads. They should stay firmly in the 2000s

I know right. How can we have these kinds of threads in the current year.
You crypto fascists.

Something being unpredictable doesn't make it good. When you get out of your teens you may come to realize this. Even so One piece isn't predictable, sure they have their journey planned out and all that, but it's the journey that counts and that's completely unpredictable

Babura is a Local Government Area in the north of Jigawa State, Nigeria. Its headquarters are in the town of Babura. The current District Head of Babura who doubles as the Sarkin Bai of Ringim, Ringim Emirate Council, Alhaji Hadi Mustapha (Councillor & King Maker) has been on throne since 1993 after the death of his father Mallam Mustapha Musa of the Bani Ya Musa clan. The district head was a Permanent Secretary for 6 years (2000 - 2006), retired in 2006 and was appointed by the President of Nigeria Umaru Musa Yar'adua as a member of the board of governors of the Nigerian Institute of oil palm research (NIFOR) in 2009, until dissolved by the current president in 2011. He now serves as the Execute Chairman, Board of Internal Revenue, Jigawa State.

Kubo's a good writer
Can draw expressions and give his manga great emotional impact through gestures and tension
But holy shit is the pacing bad, and I feel like he could do a lot better if he didn't make a huge number characters dull
Ishida, Chad are just shells of their former selves
Ichigo became extremely bland personality wiseafter the Fullbringer arc
And many more

its formulaic as fuck. One Island, generally one villain that luffy beats and his comrades beat the other underlings in order.

They also never make any real sacrifice. Magic bandages reset every arcs.

There's like a few Islands where they don't do that and then it's just a bunch of incoherent lore dumps.

Jean Stampe and Maurice Vertongen, veterans of World War I, founded a flying school at Deurne in 1923.[9] Their research into the training aircraft then available led them to believe that the British-built Central Centaur IV was the best choice for their school.[5] When they discovered that the Centaur IV had just ceased production, their friend, Maurice Boel, introduced them to engineer Alfred Renard, whom Stampe and Vertongen contracted to design a similar aircraft that could be built cheaply and locally.[5] Renard's response was a conventional two-bay biplane with unstaggered wings of equal span.[10] Power was provided by a radial engine in the nose.[10] The student pilot and instructor sat in tandem in a single, open cockpit[10] and communicated through a speaking tube.[11] The main units of the fixed undercarriage shared a common axle, and the tail was supported by a skid.[10] Construction was of wood throughout, braced with wire and covered in fabric,[8] and stressed to withstand rough treatment by student pilots.[12][13] To reduce costs, many parts were interchangeable, including the struts, longerons, undercarriage legs,[13] and even the upper and lower wings.[12] Initial construction of the prototype commenced in a dance hall in Evere[2][8] and was completed in the hangar of the Administration de l'Aéronautique[2] (the Belgian Aviation Administration) on 23 April 1923,.[13] The aircraft was registered O-BOEL in honour of the friend who introduced Renard to Stampe and Vertongen.[2][13] After the prototype had been tested, King Albert I paid a royal visit to Stampe et Vertongen and asked for a joy ride over Antwerp in it.[8]

I just wish Kubo knew how to pace things better.

Can you believe it has been 4 fucking years since the beginning of the current arc? Hardly anything has even happened in all that time. The plot has only progressed a few days.

>Ichigo became extremely bland personality wiseafter the Fullbringer arc
I disagree.

This was the first time we really saw him with that kind of emotion. Mix of hate and desperation, really well done.

They're both shit. Read them to have fun/turn off your brain. Read Biscuit Hammer or Sengoku Youko if you want a battle shounen with a decent story and direction.

Stopped reading around the beginning of the Quincy's Main invasion (I think Hitsugaya was fighting a fire using guy?). I eventually picked it up again when I heard Aizen came back, skipping right ahead to that chapter. I feel like I missed nothing at all besides a few Bankai reveals.

I already have. A guy can read more than one series.

>>its formulaic as fuck. One Island, generally one villain that luffy beats and his comrades beat the other underlings in order.

Shoen as a genre is formulaic as fuck, it's the variation that counts. Bleach is also guilty of of being formulaic as hell. Both are full of tropes. The difference between One piece and Bleach is that kubo pulls plot twists out of his ass while Oda plans ahed and purposefully leaves clues for more advanced readers.

Bleach is good. Only newfags and fans of the other big two bitch about Bleach.
Also, those who can't get Bleach because it's too deep for them.

The year 2000 belong to the 90s.

I meant ever since the war began, he's had way too many comedic panels

>Also, those who can't get Bleach because it's too deep for them.
What are Bleach's themes?

>plans ahed and purposefully leaves clues for more advanced readers.
Yeah, Kubo is the king at that. Agreed.

>>muh edgy special snowflake MC with quincy/shinigami/hollow blood shoen
>>Deep

I read bleach for like 6 years and gave up, the plot is planned like absolute garbage, the world building is bad and the world of bleach in general feels very small. Reading from the first chapter to the current ones makes it really obvious that kubo didn't intend for the series to go on for very long.

Credible, likable characters in a realistic world(s).
And fashion.

>The difference between One piece and Bleach is that kubo pulls plot twists out of his ass while Oda plans ahed and purposefully leaves clues for more advanced readers.
They both fucking use the same skills when doing shit like that
They both just look at older plot points and make them relevant again
It was discussed in Bakuman exactly what this sort of "planning ahead" was
I mean it is planning ahead, but while looking at possible things to expand on you wrote in the past

>Credible, likable characters
Orihime and Ishida a shit

Retarded powerups isn't "good writing"

And still, it makes sense from chapter 001 to chapter 669.

The Kubo remembers.

>>Bleach
>>Deep
How is Bleach deep Sup Forums?

Maybe... still, 379 characters that aren't shit.

Bleach is the perfect example of "style over substance".

I agree but you say it as if it has no substance, which is simply not true

>How is Bleach deep Sup Forums?
It doesn't contradict itself and gets people interested.
Kubo keeps us wondering about stuff for 6 days a week. Wild theories everywhere. Lots of fun.

Yeah, the Aizan arc and attack on Karakura Town had the best threads because it had so much speculation of SS's past and the King's Key

Come on, i enjoy reading bleach but even i accept it's shit and so is kubo

What mysteries are left anyway (besides character's powers)?

I see many people butthurt about the fact that Bleach is the biggest shounen in the West.
It doesn't matter, if your shounen is "smaller" you can still enjoy it, don't give it a second thought, be happy.

>level 1 readers

Naruto is the biggest shonen in the west

Attack on Titan is bigger.

I honestly dont even know whats going on anymore. The show has no sense of adventure and progression like it had in the beginning, it should have ended with aizen.

Most of the past.

Also, most mysteries are best left unsolved.

And that makes him a dull character?

If anything, he gained a fuck ton of good character development with the whole Yhwachgetsu/Zangetsu/White/Asauchi thing.

Too bad Kubo decided to sidline him in favour of shit tier characters like Mayurin and Icefaggot.

ITT: Bleachfags are dumb as shit and refuse to see that Bleach is a huge pile of shit

In the long run, are you sure?

Shh, let him believe his own delusions

>decent writer
why? because he's giving you what you want?
>unpredictable
Because asspulls is good writing? Aside from that last arc has been things people have wanted to see and/or have been calling for years all bunched together, so fucking original, right?

Why do we only know about 2 great shinigami families when there's supposed to be 4? why does kido exists if it's so underused in favor of zanpakuto? why the fuck is there a guy with the power to forge zanpakuto? wasnt it established early on that zanpakutos are supposed to come from a shinigamis soul and able to repair themselves if their wielder is alive? What was the point of the whole fullbringer arc? what is the point of Sado existing? what about tatsuki? why was there so many side characters that ended up never being relevant?

If anything, bleach does NOTHING but contradict itself.

I would have argued that bleach overall story was better but it didn't stop at Aizen being defeated or earlier. They're very close to each other at this point, but they're shit in their own special ways. Kubo better write up something actually good otherwise then it will be a little more clear if One Piss is better or not.
The One Piece formula is so fucking blatant though so they both need to prove themselves.

Bleach's popularity died as soon as the anime ended.

SNK maybe, but you'd have to be delusional to deny that Naruto is, was, and will always be more popular than Bleach.

Don't you know user, we're in the final arc. It'll be over any chapter now

One Piss fag detected?

If you were a Hokuto no Ken or Dragon Ball fag maybe you could be a match for Bleach, but Naruto or One Piece... I'm afraid you can't do much against Bleach.

Also, the West is vast, don't consider only your country.

Bleach is the biggest. It always hurt Wan piss babies pride to learn that their shitty little manga is only a thing in gook land and pic related kind of normal successful people watch Bleach instead.

>decent writer
>why? because he's giving you what you want?
No, he isn't. Soifon is a few chapters away still ;_;

I loved the part in that fight in the current arc where they oneshot the guy they were fighting only for him to ressurrect himself, only for more popular characters to show up and oneshot them.

>don't consider only your country
Says the one who thinks that only America represents the west.
At this point, I can safely tell this thread is made by a cancerous troll.

With Kubo's pacing it'll still take a year. I can't believe it's going to be longer than Naruto.

I just want the anime to return

>Why do we only know about 2 great shinigami families when there's supposed to be 4?
Shihoin, Shiba, Kuchiki. There, 3 at least.

>current year
shitposter detected

>>It always hurt Wan piss babies pride to learn that their shitty little manga is only a thing in gook land

Yes, I'm so very hurt by the fact that one piece is very popular in japan, you got me this time bleach fan

there will be 3 movies. Even better.

This beats the shit Toeii has done with One piece. I can't believe some people are allowed to post on Sup Forums and watch the One Piece anime.

>don't consider only your country
>Says the one who thinks that only America represents the west.
Oh no, did you just call me an Amerifat?
I'm far from that. Apologize now.

Article by Dr. Otto F. von Feigenblatt (MA, PhD, FRAS, FRAI, GCEG)

How Bleach is one of the series that is leading the way from Japanese Exceptionalism to Globalism and Hybridity.

The bleach portion.

"The present study explores cultural representations in three prominent examples of contemporary Japanese animation, NarutoShippuden, Bleach, and Onigamiden. Lingering traces of Japanese exceptionalism (Nihonjinron) are still present in contemporary Japanese animation such as in the animated movie, Onigamiden.
On the other hand two of the most popular animated series, Naruto Shippuden and Bleach, fit a cultural model characterized by hybridity and globalism.

In terms of demographics, Bleach appeals to a narrower international audience than Naruto due to the higher complexity of its plot as well as due to the religious aspects of the story

Bleach is a very good example of the crosscurrents of Japanese cultural politics due to its dual nature, as an essentially Japanese product while at the same time incorporating global cultural elements.

The series borrows heavily from foreign cultural traditions such as Christianity and Caribbean Santeria, inter alia.
Spanish is favored as the second most prevalent language in spiritual vocabulary.

The Quincy are clearly inspired by the Christian Orders of Knighthood such as the Sovereign Order of Malta and the Equestrian Order of the Holy Sepulcher whose influence is shown in terms of the uniform worn by the Quincy as well as by the symbolism of the cross.
Nevertheless it is interesting that Ishida is clearly of Japanese ethnicity and notwithstanding this factor his culture and legacy is European.

Bleach presents war as an undesirable cyclical event with the potential to bring out the best and the worst in people.
Bleach’s depiction of war is not as pacifist and totalizing as the one that became
prevalent in Japan during the post-war period.
War can be justified in Bleach if it waged in order to protect
important principles and values. In addition to that War is a great opportunity to show bravery and courage.

Bleach is an example of hybridity in Japan’s public sphere.
The series does not present a harmonious integration of cultural elements leading to an integrated and assimilated Japanese culture but rather offers a cacophony of cultural traits in a constant state of flux.
This is shown with a constant emphasis on time and the possibility of change.

Conclusion-
Onigamiden, Naruto, and Bleach are some of the most successful examples of contemporary Japanese animation.
Moreover, they represent ideal types in the Weberian sense in terms of cultural worldviews.
Onigamiden shows the strongest traces of Nihonjinron while Naruto and Bleach display characteristics of both hybridity and globalism."

An 80 page essay about the Buddhist Symbolism in Bleach:
academia.edu/3620074/Life_Death_and_the_Path_to_Enlightenment_Buddhist_Symbolism_in_the_Manga_Bleach_

Bleach isn(t popular in Europe.

>>people write essays on anime
>>they write about bleach and naruto
Someone shoot me

>With Kubo's pacing it'll still take a year.
I'd say two and a half. Think of all the "missing" characters.

What the fuck? 80 pages on buddhist symbolism? Kubo doesn't have 80 pages of anything in his head when he writes bleach.
And also honestly I don't think bleach's plot is any more complex than naruto's.. I think naruto's plot has more complexity overall

>kubo pulls plot twists out of his ass

i.imgur.com/jto5MOu.jpg

>I think naruto's plot has more complexity overall
Not really.

Bleach is also aiming for some evangelion ending.

>Bleach isn(t popular in Europe.
Yes, it is.
But I'm not in Europe either (unfortunately), guess again.

I'm wondering which ones Kubo will forget/Ignore? What ever happened to Yuki? That rookie shinigami from the start of this arc.

Come to think of it, what was the point of those Arrancar/Quincy hybrids at the start of the arc?

Yuki is the final villain.

>my garbage series isn't actually bad, and I'll prove it by comparing it to other garbage series! Every time. I wish WSJ was banned as a whole.

>Come to think of it, what was the point of those Arrancar/Quincy hybrids at the start of the arc?
Probably nothing

Just like the vasto lordes.

Bleach has been off my radar for a while. Have their been several breaks in releases? I saw Kubo was hospitalized and there was an 8-issue break (34-41) but there are very few chapters compared to the amount of time I've been away from it.

>Kubo is a decent writer
nice try faggot

I don't understand why Kubo decided to waste Hell on a movie. It would have made for a better finale than "Quincys invade Soul Society."

>all those fucking degrees and qualifications
>all those grants and funding he probably received for "research"
>all to produce an eighty-page paper on religious elements in shounen anime
Also, I've heard of Onigamiden like twice in my life. Was it actually popular in Japan, or did this guy just need a third example when he was submitting his proposal and choose something random.

I've hated Bleach for a long time, but I ain't gonna lie, the past month or two of chapters have been alright.

>a bunch of asspulls
>wow I didn't expect that!

Of course it's unpredictable.

needed to get over the quincy tho.

u like askin?

I defended Bleach as being good for a really long time. I even went as far as to say the Fullbring arc was good and thats something i truly believe. But with this current arc i dont think you could say that its better than One Piece. Bleach has better art but i think overall One Piece has better writing.

Bleach is still a million times better than Fairy Tail though

Shut the fuck up, the Fullbring arc was full retarded. You can't even compare Bleach to One Piece, Bleach may have had its moments, but One Piece has always been the better of the two. Comparing Bleach to Naruto is much more genuine, and from there you can compare Naruto and One Piece. The three are ever-linked, but Bleach and One Piece are an echelon apart.

Wheres the best place to read the last 20 chapters?
Also how many Chapters since Kira and Aizen last appeared?

>one Piece has better arc
>the fullbring arc wasn't a return to the SOL pace everyone keeps whining about

Bleach stopped being good after Ichigo won over that little emo girls big brother. The captain 10000 sword man. Like 10 years ago.

Unpredictable? What? Bleach is by far the most predictable shonen series out right now.

"I am bad guy "X", heres my broken power that makes me essentially unbeatable."
"I am shinigami "Y", my bankai just so happens to have a gimmick that counters your broken ability."
*Y defeats X
X comes back to life with a crazy power up.
"Nani?????"
"Hahaha my broken power was actually only my FIRST broken power. I have another broken power that counters YOUR broken power."
*X is about to defeat Y when suddenly...
"I am shinigami/arrancar character Z and I happen to have a broken ability that counters your other broken ability!"
*Z and Y barely defeat X.
"How can this be?????"
"I leave....the rest...to you Ichigo....."

EVERY TIME

The formula of almost every shonen fighting mangas ever.

The fuck you on about? There was a distinct (and ignorable) minority that liked the slice of life shit of the first few chapters of Bleach. However, the majority of favor for Bleach I have seen has been for the Soul Society arc itself. The Fullbring arc was just nonsensical, really.

It's existentialism of the fan base at its finest, all Kubo has done is taken a concept with a decent load of history and slapped it into his story haphazardly, with the resolutions to his mysteries thinly planned out for future reference. In order to hide the lack of themes & substance, he overall emphasizes the style & mannerism much like Western comics do as a pinnacle focus.

Bleach story is fleshed out, but it's the furthest thing from complex, it was never introduced until he had too, and was never eluded too because he works out on fleshing out the base line a month before it hits the ink.

Kubo has struggled to keep his series alive, and still manages it, but it's the farthest thing from the best that is being offered, he falls onto what old authors use in monthly mangas letting the art buy him time.
As long as he introduces an aspect to his story with a lot of history while never straying from the situation, he'll survive for a long time.

Kubo is better than say Hata for example, but look at Hayate no Gotoku now, I can see Kubo wanting the same thing, a series that doesn't finish when it should.

>Kubo
>writer
Oh wait, you're serious? HAHAHAHA

No really, no. A lot of quincy stuff feels shoehorned in to the point that I would never believe him even if he insisted this was planned. Fullbringer ARC could be cut out entirely and the plot would basically be the same. He has a lot of unnecessary "blubber" in his work, far more than most WSJ series. Sure, it's fine if you like that, but don't speak for all of us here.

Even Naruto is mile better. Just kill yourself retard

LOL. Just lol. It contradicts itself a lot....to the point where I don't even remotely know who is supposed to be stronger than everyone else. Bleach basks in its own absurdity. It's brain dead fun if you like that stuff, but don't pretend like Kubo's ass pulls don't contradict previously established power levels.

I like Bleach dude, but come on man, I still feel like the writing gotten shitty to the point of so bad its good. Why the hell does Kubo use so much white in his panels? It makes reading chapters go by in 15 seconds max. If you want my honest opinion I think Kubo realizes this but uses that "comedy" aspect of his writing to just own it for what it is and keep what popularity it has left.

Missing characters come back, have like one page of panel time and disappear again. Also, Kenpachi's fucking bankai lasted only one chapter, and then he jobbed.

In every arc, Luffy is guaranteed to do something utterly retarded that directly jeopardizes the well-being of those he supposedly cares about. Then he’ll invariably spout a few tear-jerking lines about fighting with everything he’s got to protect them.

>good writing

So you aren't even smart enough to get the powerlevels? kek

Cause art style = being a good writer right?

>The plot has become unpredictable

No, I like Bleach but this is just wrong
Every fight this arc has been exactly the same.

>Good guy starts losing
>Pulls out new super move
>Good guy about to win
>Bad guy pulls out move he was hiding
>Good guy about to lose again
>Pulls out another new move or ally comes to the rescue
>Goes through this cycle a couple times until good guy wins

Rinse, Repeat.

Plot and fight are not the same thing.