EQUIFAX DATA BREACH

>After Equifax Breach, Here’s Your Next Worry: Weak PINs
>At first, she thought it was a mistake. Maybe it had to do with the fact that she was in Panama, or that her web browsers were acting up. But no: >The Equifax PINs are based on the date and time that you set up your freeze.

>“The whole point of a 10-digit PIN is that it’s supposed to be hard to guess,” she said. “And then, they have this totally transparent algorithm for assigning them.”

>This is among the worst of the facts that have emerged in the wake of the company’s announcement on Thursday that thieves may have stolen up to 143 million Social Security numbers, dates of birth, names and addresses from its credit files. Armed with that information, thieves, blackmailers and enemies can make a lot of mischief. A credit freeze can prevent thieves from using your information to open new accounts, since lenders want to see a credit report before doing business with you.

nytimes.com/2017/09/10/your-money/identity-theft/equifax-breach-credit-freeze.html

>The Equifax breach exposes some of our most sensitive personal information: names, social security numbers, addresses, birth dates and the some driver's license numbers.
>For consumers, the situation is maddening in large part because we are nearly powerless to avoid it.
>Unlike Yahoo, Equifax is not a service you intentionally sign up for and then explicitly provide with your data. Equifax, a credit reporting firm, gets its data from credit card companies, banks, retailers, and lenders who report on the credit activity of individuals to credit reporting agencies, as well as by purchasing public records.

money.cnn.com/2017/09/08/technology/business/equifax-breach-helpless/index.html

Other urls found in this thread:

nytimes
unvis.it/www.nytimes.com/2017/09/10/your-money/identity-theft/equifax-breach-credit-freeze.html
boards.Sup
ftc.gov/news-events/press-releases/2003/07/equifax-pay-250000-settle-charges
foxbusiness.com/markets/2017/09/11/equifax-hack-likely-impacted-all-us-adults-cybersecurity-expert-warns.html
cyberscoop.com/john-podesta-email-password-hacked-wikileaks/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Archived that

>nytimes com/2017/09/10/your-money/identity-theft/equifax-breach-credit-freeze.html
unvis.it/www.nytimes.com/2017/09/10/your-money/identity-theft/equifax-breach-credit-freeze.html

Last bread
boards.Sup Forums.org/pol/thread/141127200#bottom

God damn

Where are all the bumps at?

Equifax was already problematic in past.
ftc.gov/news-events/press-releases/2003/07/equifax-pay-250000-settle-charges
>Equifax Credit Information Services, Inc. (Equifax) will pay $250,000 to settle Federal Trade Commission charges that its blocked-call rate and hold times violated provisions of an FTC consent decree that settled a 2000 lawsuit for violations of the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA). That lawsuit settled charges that Equifax did not have sufficient personnel available to answer the toll-free phone number provided on consumers’ credit reports.
>In January 2000, the three credit bureaus paid a total of $2.5 million to settle charges that each violated this provision of the FCRA. According to the FTC’s complaints, the bureaus blocked calls from over a million consumers who wanted to discuss the contents of, and possible errors in, their credit reports, and kept others on hold for unreasonably long periods of time.

So the executive directors sold stocks after breach of information. Doesn't it seems like they are just doing it themselves, but couldn't hide it so they report it this time. Couldn't it be they just selling information to their investors who can then know where to place they money on? You know this ain't fair for competition in USA.

i need some eyebleach

Its shady shit for sure

Class action when?

2 suits are already in the works I believe

>uh oh, we had a breach(made a deal to sell info(le hack)), now Soros inc. knows where he can invest based on personal data of citizen, he sure to be on top again, since we Equifax are his insider information
>but just in case, since lots of info got stolen, we the directors will sell our shares this time too, we made a too big of a deal, might get ugly, because Soros inc. might screw us too
>....times pass(over a month)....now we will report it, because no way we can hide it any longer

>mfw being a massive shut in that's avoided credit lines my entire life is finally paying off

I didn't play with the jews, and I didn't lose.

Do you rent, have ever been to the hospital, own/lease a car, collect neet bucks, own a cell phone and a contract in order to use it, steam account etc?
If not, congrats brah. You're safe. But not really.

How would equifax have my credit information when I have no credit information? Do they also have my billing information or my bank account information? If yes, then why the fuck would they have that information?

I just don't think hacking is even possible, with modern encryption possibilities and firewall hacking is literally impossible unless you make it possible.

>Do they also have my billing information or my bank account information?

If you have ever had any loan (auto or school) any utilities in your name, or have ever had a checking or savings account you're in their system. The Jew keeps a close watch on all the goyim.

holy fuck retard
have you ever even looked at your credit report? literally everyone with a fucking social security number has one!

Bigger question is why would they have this kind of data online and not offline.

>if you've ever used a bank then your personal information has been added to one massive pile of personal information owned by some 3rd party you've never heard of

This is legal how?

I don't have a credit report. I've never used a credit line/loans.

user, how are they calculate economy and tax if they don't know that?

Why is our government allowing this company to continue operating? They have been shown to be grossly incompetent and need to have all personal information scrubbed from their databases and the company dismantled.

>This is legal how?
Reasons.

I can understand them having my billing numbers, but I don't see how they've obtained my SSN if I've never had to put up collateral for a loan/credit line.

The Government is the source of multiple billion dollars worth of identity fraud and stolen income due to their own gross incompetence handling and protecting taxpayer data. They can't come down on the jew without flogging themselves. Hell, they rely on the jew's data to catch tax cheats.

It may be possible when the head of your cyber security is a former music major.
Honestly, I believe it's an inside job for the reasons you listed.
>bank account
Yes you are in the system. Like it or not.
Even if you never used a credit card, there's a credit report on you. That's the problem. Even against our wills, this credit report exists. And yeahIf it isn't an inside job, why would this info be online to be found?

It'll be buried in your T&Cs somewhere - probably in a vague statement about third parties.

If you want a job you probably need SSN, so there you have it. Since USA doesn't has IDs like most countries that's the only way to know you aren't an illegal.

Holy fuck, day of the ovens when?

Again, it's not just lines of credit. It's possible you're off-grid if you've been incredibly diligent but they have a record everyone with a SSN (even if it's blank.) SSNs are semi-public data and can be e-verified online. Everyone has a file. Any bank account or utility you've opened in your name will be tied to your personally. Any employment is reported, since you have to give your SSN to work and your W-4. Hell, it's almost impossible to even rent an apartment any more without providing a SSN for a credit check. Your shit is out there unless you've been inawoods since you were born.

Don't you need SSN to pay tax?

top analysis, truly dazzling insights

Somehow i feel this is tied into voter fraud.

>As the number of complaints continue to rise following credit reporting agency Equifax’s massive hack last week, the scale and scope of the breach is troubling cybersecurity experts who warn nearly every adult in the United States could have been affected.

>“You’re talking about a good portion of U.S. adults,” Hiep Dang, director of Product Management at Cylance and former leader of McAfee’s threat team, told FOX Business. >“Conservatively, maybe 75% [of us were affected], aggressively, probably all of us.”

>What makes this hack particularly damaging is that thieves don’t just have one isolated piece of an individual’s personal information, they have an entire set of data points correlated to the individual, Dang pointed out.

>Unfortunately, that means victims are at risk of a lot of criminal activity.

>From getting a loan, to opening a bank account, “[the hackers] could potentially do anything with this information,” Dang said.

foxbusiness.com/markets/2017/09/11/equifax-hack-likely-impacted-all-us-adults-cybersecurity-expert-warns.html

I bet you didn't know Slovenia was a cyber security powerhouse, did you?

Assuming an inside job, I'm going to speculate that the objective was a few specific POI information, and the other 140million obtained in the leak is just to obfuscate what was targeted.

Not specifically. Foreign workers can apply for a "Taxpayer ID" which is essentially the same thing. For the most part, yes. Your parents have to apply for a SSN for you when you're born. It isn't automatic, and some families neglect to do so for many years. It's technically not required, unless you're claiming that child as a dependant on your taxes. I don't know of anyone who doesn't just sign up at the hospital at birth, though. They give you the forms there.

Yeah and this scare is nothing but a cover. That is being optimistic of course. Another theory I naively hoped for was this is just a wake up call to all of us to put our foot down on this bullshit of data collection without our full consent. I'm aware credit is important, but at what cost?

cyberscoop.com/john-podesta-email-password-hacked-wikileaks/
>John Podesta's password was "password."

Hacking never happens, it's always an inside job. Only flooding/spamming happens, only hacking happens in Hollywood.

IF YOU HAVE A SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER YOU HAVE A CREDIT REPORT

Who the fuck made that original image? Seriously how weird, shit like this is everywhere. The shift key replaced by a green equifax key. So random.

Anyway, been pretty disappointed how little discussion there has been about this, and it's probably the biggest story right now next to north korea.

What's really fucked is it looks like they may actually make a profit from this. That one year protection plan they are rolling out? I heard once you hit 366 days you will start getting charged.
Not to mention they aren't even waiving the fee to freeze your credit.

I'm looking on the bright side. If they keep losing the data, then anyone can be me. If anyone is me now they don't know which me is real and they can't track me.

Of course it could be this is just a scam to get us all to demand that they stick a microchip in us.

Most errors come from users...

My assumption is not many American posters have financial responsibilities or simply think since they don't use a credit card they are fine. Either way if the estimates are correct, we are all getting fucked. Live with parents or not etc.
I'm trying my best to inform as many people as possible to at least try to make upcoming rape less painful.
>chip
fuck people hard enough and they'll be happy to install the chip if it "protects" them. Until someone hacks that chip in your head and makes you fap in public

What a coincidence that they finally released the news right before Irma hit! After what, sitting on the news for 40 days. Fucking scum.

>fucking scum
NAH DEY GUD BOIS DEY DUN NUFFIN

>What's really fucked is it looks like they may actually make a profit from this. That one year protection plan they are rolling out? I heard once you hit 366 days you will start getting charged.
>Not to mention they aren't even waiving the fee to freeze your credit.

Yep. The Jew still has to get their shekel somehow.

This was an inside job, but we're unsure if it was strictly motivated for profit, as corporate sabotage by a rival (Equijew is the largest of the three), or if Soros just needed a lot of SSNs to give out to 140 million Mexicans that will be voting Democrat this next election. Coincidentally.

So, which one of whitehouse anons predictions to this fit?

microchips for american citizens 2018, same chips hacked 2019

Bump

so how do I see everyone's data that was leaked?
for honest and commendable purposes, of course.

Bump

Bump

Bump

Bump