With Japan and Abe's cabinet trying to maneuver into a position from which they can amend article 9 of their...

With Japan and Abe's cabinet trying to maneuver into a position from which they can amend article 9 of their constitution, do you guys think we will see more militaristic/nationalistic anime in the future? Not even talking about manime, could be cute girls doing cute things with military stuff like GuP, but with a more patriotic tone.

Do you think we will see a change at all in anime with the ever changing and tense political climate we find ourselves in currently?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=B57dW3A-DT0
youtu.be/74V4BOF5IAg?t=1m46s
www35.atwiki.jp/kolia/pages/1831.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Maybe I should have made this thread on Sup Forums, but I really wanted it to be a discussion about possible changes the political climate might cause in anime specifically. I doubt Sup Forums would manage to keep it on the anime topic and instead would derail any real discussion.

Yes, expect more inane shit like cute girls doing military stuff and the occassional long black haired japanese nationalist girl insewrted to rant about yamato damashii and how all those koreans and chinese want to prey on poor japan.

In the end, Manime is dead in a nationalist environment as designed by Abe and LDP - because that would be too grim and realistic and be counterproductive to the cause of goating young people to join the SDF and to woo the general population to 'support the troops'. A Ultra-Violent 80s manime would actually show the brutality of war and be understood as anti-war show. Which they were, in some way, since Japan in the 80s was more liberal in their public leanings than nowadays.

So, enjoy more GUP, Haifuri, KanColle etc. masking war-propaganda as otaku pandering shit.

I wonder if Based Abe likes moe anime as much as Tarou Asou did

Well, we already had Gate and it's portrayal of JSDF as the Good Guys Who Can Do No Wrong while simultaneously representing the media as lying bastards and other countries as incompetent retards.
It's basically cryptofascist crap, but I liked it anyway.

Agreed, but I didn't like it and dropped it.

Attack on Titan, or:
- why a defensive posture equals guaranteed loss against an implacable enemy which you can neither appease nor run away from
- how the current government is both corrupt and based on a lie
- why the solution is the restoration of True And Pure Royal Blood to the throne (see: Meiji Restoration)
- why life is an an unending violent struggle where you can only win by becoming a living weapon
- humanity needs lebensraum

c-r-y-p-t-o-f-a-s-c-i-s-t

The sooner the masses realize it the better.
Japs have to understand that the gooks and chinks want them dead and their grudge will not disappear, so they have to prepare their army.

Based Japan.

Do you guys expect it to take a more realistic war glorification approach in the future? By this I mean more realism in the plots and characters, rather than in the depiction of violence. More anime about overcoming an outside threat, about being assertive, about embracing more traditional values, about asserting your place in the world by all means necessary etc.

I actually wouldn't be surprised to find some of the older generation of animators who are generally rather anit-war picking up their activity in response.

>Japan gets military
>Spineless faggot China decides to make a move because muh nanking a bloo bloo
>Japan defending itself
>America realizes that now is the perfect chance to fuck up China for protecting Worst Korea, while also defending their ally
>Remove China
>Remove Worst Korea with ease
>World fears the American Nihon alliance
>Islam is next

This; for example, will never be shown in any future war-themed anime.

Except the perpetrators depicted are Japan's enemies.

Miyazaki did this with The Wind Rises and received a ton of flak for it. Now this is Miyazaki we are talking about, if he can barely get away with doing it, I doubt most others would try.

>2016
>Japan
>Defeating China

HAHAHAHA

Most likely, Japan would unilaterally sue for peace once their capital ships, their BMD-capable Aegis destroyers, are sunk by the hundreds of ASBMs China will unleash on them.

Japan is completely defenseless without them, and the US will not risk the loss of their entire pacific fleet and a large chunk of their global power-projection capabilities to wage war against China. Because remember: The US also has to have enough carriers left over to keep Russia and Iran down.

Oh sweet, this is getting an adaptation? Holy shit I am hyped. A more serious take on cute girls doing military shit.

There's already Kankore.

Mark my words and heed my warning, Japan is raising an army of otaku super soldiers. And they will get a commemorative cute girl trading card for every five confirmed kills, so they will be without mercy. Prepare yourselves.

G Reco had the guys trying to change the national defense force into an offensive military as the show's main villains. I was honestly surprised that the netouyos didn't throw a shitfit over the show.

Then again, Tomino is a known for being pretty strongly anti-war in his themes, considering that the villains in Gundam are basically Imperial Japan. There's a reason why Gundam and Ghibli were listed as the two types of anime most responsible for brainwashing Japan by that patriotic anime list netouyo site that an user linked on Sup Forums once.

Please take your China v Jap v US v Rus v XYZ bullshit to Sup Forums. If it isn't about how it affects anime, don't post here.

I doubt it will change much. After all, anime isn't owned by the government.

>Otaku super soldiers
>And they are all wizards
>reborn in a RPG world with superpowers

>I was honestly surprised that the netouyos didn't throw a shitfit over the show.
Too dumb to understand it

Cute girls aren't for young people, they're for obese middle aged men and they wouldn't be accepted on the army anyway.

It will affect anime.

Imagine Japan losing to China in a modern day war.

Man, the amount of anal-devastation will be a killing blow against their entire nationalist discourse, which is based on their deep illusion of cultural, technological and racial superiority vs. all those mainland asian races.

Anime will be transformed for sure. Probably as dramatic as Japan's defeat at the hand of the US And probably even more, since at least they could rationalize that defeat with the long-propagated and believed racial superiority of the white man, which has kickstarted their own Meiji reforms in the first place. Nukes and WWII americock-rape was just a later confirmation of that already widely held notion.

But a defeat at the hands of "dirty cockroaches" like the Shinajin? Holy hell. Collective sudoku would be appropriate.

You're are forgetting two things:

1) In a globalized economy, attacking a big country, or even a medium sized one is shooting yourself in the foot. If you destroy their economy, you severily damage yours as well (China attacking Japan is the perfect example of economic suicide).
And many other aspects beside economy, read some Umberto Eco about this.

2) Nuclear weapons. MAD.

Stop, user. You'd be (you) to death by turboweebs.

No, you are intentionally derailing the thread with Sup Forums tier powerlevel comparisons of countries.

OP didn't ask about "how will anime change after china bumfucks japan", the discusion was to be about (and has been until you turned up) how the current political cilmate might change anime.

Either read the OP and take part in the discussion properly, or GTFO or tits, obviously

This will never be made again.

Maybe Oshii will make a comeback. I'm hoping for more Patlabor or Jin-ro

>Jin-ro

Why don't more anime feature the good old sexy MG-42?

Wasn't gate about JSDF trying to make peace with a bunch of "outsiders" wanting to prevent war at all costs? I haven't actually seen the anime so correct me if I am wrong.

Chinese delusions are always interesting to read, not as interesting as American ones when it comes to pretending that they don't care about yurope but at least it is somewhat entertaining.

They aren't pretending. Americans don't care or even know about any other country

The guys casually hipfiring the MG42's triggered me a tad. I had to pause the film, close my eyes and repeat "this will not break my immersion, this will not break my immersion, this will not break my immersion" to myself for a minute before I could continue watching.

youtube.com/watch?v=B57dW3A-DT0

>that patriotic anime list netouyo site that an user linked on Sup Forums once.
You mind linking it again?

They do in fact "make peace" by slaughtering their whole armies and intervening in local politics.

Basically what the US is doing in the Middle East atm. The Winning hearts and mind thing while destroying your nation thing.

>one (1) aircraft carrier
im fucking dying

>their deep illusion of cultural, technological and racial superiority vs. all those mainland asian races
t. gook

youtu.be/74V4BOF5IAg?t=1m46s

>Basically having power armor
>Being able to shoot from your hips in any position

It kinda made sense. If you accepted the power armor part.
And actually i don't care about that. I just want to see more good old sexy MG-42.

China itself is the carrier.

Millions of square miles of tunnels, filled with missiles. And tiny Japan is so close by.

>illusion
I'd say Japs kicking Chink's asses again and again despite being a small island nation kinda proves their superiority.

>ONE (1) CARRIER

You want to claim that a demonstration like this is allowed in any other civilized western country?

If this is not a mirror of the Japanese psyche, what is it then?

Except of course that the actual aircraft carrier is Japan.

Aight, well, might give it a try then, nothing more entertaining than seeing something get fubar.

Japan only won one time against China. That was the 1st sino japanese war of 1895.

ONE (1) TIME.

The last few attempts they lost. The hardest during Tang-era, which is why they begun copying the entire Chinese system and language. Japs always copy from the people who kicked their asses. It is in the nature of the dwarfs of Wa to be buttlickers of the winners, no matter if they just got a spear up their asses, or two nukes.

What's the problem with that.

Right, 'only' one time. That's why chinks are still desperate to push the Nanking myth.

That is allowed and occurs within the United States to name one. The right of protest and free speech is protected presuming you file the right paperwork and follow the law.

People should be free to express their opinion no matter how extreme. Most western countries seem to have forgotten about this concept.

>moons have more freedom of speech than I have in supposedly free yurop
end me

small island and population centers basically so closeby that one single megaton hit will wipe them out.

also, all their island bases are in range of chinese missiles. China even has a missile system that they call Okinawa-express, for that purpose.

>the People's Republic of China is so dirt poor they can't afford a second aircraft carrier

>That's why chinks are still desperate to push the Nanking myth.

When even a Nazi (Look up John Rabe) calls you out on it. It's as bad as it seems.

Took me a while to find it in the archives.

www35.atwiki.jp/kolia/pages/1831.html

Reminder that Miyazaki and Tomino are anti-Japanese leftists responsible for corrupting the pure Yamato damashii of the people.

I think I read somewhere that Japan tried to invade Korea twice during the Silla and Joseon. Ming and Tang dynasties stopped both. If anything, Ancient Japan couldn't beat Ancient China.

It's just modern chinks are shit.

Don't forget it's about to collapse into barbaric Warlord-tier infighting... again.
Is that really what a 21st century superpower should look like?

>pure Yamato damashii of the people.

Japs are just Island Koreans ya know.

I bet you're that CPC shill that keeps spamming chinese "anime" threads

When he talks about farmers being beaten as punishment and drinking poowine to stop the wound from getting infected, is he sure that is why they drank it? Sounds to me like that would just be an extension of the punishment.

I don't care about what some Kraut says.

Nanking was just an especially bad Japanese chimp-out. It was a chimp out born from butthurt that the 'cockroaches' actually started to fight back and dealt them losses. See, the Jap is not so tough, when he's getting stuck in the mud that is a protracted land-war in asia. Hence, why he murdered hundred thousands of civilians just so that he could deal with his angst issues.

Chinese remember that very well, which is why the upcoming Chinese Type 055 heavy missile cruiser lead ship, with a firepower surpassing all Japanese and US ships, will be named Nanjing and armed with nuclear tipped cruise missiles, while deployed close to Japan.

Mixed with Chink. Hybrid is strong.

since thread is already derailed, let me tell you that they actually are building a 2nd carrier.

They plan to have six to eight by 2030.

Oh man, chinks are still this upset. I love it when your English deteriorates.

Why do japanese websites so often feel like I entered a time machine and went back to the 90s? Don't they have any web designers among their 100million strong population?

>Internet Explorer is still the most used browser in Japan

I admire their sense of retro tech usage.

Japan is like that irl too. Nothing has changed since the bubble burst

Wait, you -like- the shitty Javascript-bloated web 2.0 design Western websites have?

Well nobody is going to discuss anime and bitching each other.

>since thread is already derailed
You are literally the only one causing this.

dumb weebshits who started it caused this.

I'm just their reckoning.

We already sort of are. GATE and Haifuri have cross promotion deals with the JSDF

>he doesn't disable scripts

Well, this kid triggered a chink. Now it's a Sup Forums thread.

We're all shaking in our boots here over the people who build our iPhones for a dollar a day, really.

Make Japan Great Again?

No, you have been derailing from the start turning this thread into, as I said before, a Sup Forums powerlevel thread.

Go away, we were discussing possible changes in anime before you entered the thread. go back to being Chinese somewhere where we can't see you.

Japan would get the shit kicked out of them by the Chinese
PLA if they had to fight the war by themselves

>the upcoming Chinese Type 055 heavy missile cruiser lead ship, with a firepower surpassing all Japanese and US ships, will be named Nanjing
And that's why it'll be extra sweeter when it gets sinked.

Iphones are currently getting BTFO in China by Xiaomi. Like, it isnt even funny anymore. Apple sucks so much cocks.

128 large diameter VLS-cells, each loading up to four HHQ-16C SAM = 1024 missiles for spamming the shit out of the entire anti-ship missile arsenal that the Japanese possess.

>Naming something after a great historical event
>That event is also something that outrages your people till today

It's like they want it to be either sunk meaninglessly or some shit.

OP here, can a mod terminate the thread, this is clearly not working thanks to this singular Chinese faggot not being able to contain his autism.

what exactly did you expect

Don't. This is hilarious seeing weebs and chinks going at it at eachother.

GATE was shit. I hated it. I hated the dumb pandering and otaku lead.

I hated how the JSDF was so powerful. Not because I hate armies. No, because the fantasy army they were fighting was so inferior in terms of power, that it completely robbed the series of tension or potential.

I also hated the Japanese dick-swinging nationalism and self-righteousness. Especially combined with how Japanese expansion mimics the Japanese rhetoric of "Enlightenment" that was employed by the Empire during World War II, and the imperialism before that.

I guess when your country has been in decline for 20 years and has been dominated by other western powers, you can always turn to fiction to get the power-fantasies you want.

Where are the weebs?

>GATE and Haifuri have cross promotion deals with the JSDF

>Weebshits enlist because a slice of life kawaii schoolgirl anime,
>Enter an enlisted life of hazing, abuse and mediocre military life.
>Especially in a confucian culture like Japan where hazing is widely practiced.

Oh man, I don't want to imagine weak otakus like Pvt. Kyle suffering in a military boot camp scenario ala FMJ.

On 2nd thought, that would be a nice anime idea.

>Slice of life School girl Boot camp X FMJ
>You get US GI School and Viet Cong Schools fighting each other in quasi High school exhibition matches

The thread was going fine, and it would have continued going fine, Sup Forums out of all places is usually a place that adheres to "anime or manga or gtfo".
I simply did not expect a Chinese guy to enter the thread to spread his disgusting nationalism.

The US could build something strong enough to pulverize it in a matter of days.

>Where are the weebs
>Sup Forums
I'm merely guessing but it's the most likely group of people here on Sup Forums discussing about jap nationalism.

>Where are the weebs?

Giving (You)'s to the Chinkposter

Yeah how DARE the Japanese display a sense of nationalism. The vile savages.

>I simply did not expect a Chinese guy to enter the thread to spread his disgusting nationalism.

Well your thread is about Japanese Nationalism after all. It is quasi related as the Chinese are depicted as the typical Japanese enemy similar to the Russians to the US.

I actually enjoy my military life thank you very much.

Show me an example because I don't think you know what a weeb is.

>you will never conquer East Asia with Tougou
Why even live? ;_;

Japan!

>I actually enjoy my military life thank you very much.

That's great user.

But in East Asian cultures, the hazing/bullying is on a whole new level. Confucian Hierarchies is tough shit.

Even the Japanese princess got hazed.