When does 11.5 take place

When does 11.5 take place

Who gives a shit? It's fanservice episode.

between 11 and 12

What did she mean by this.

Is there any character who panders to otaku more than Houtarou?

He's a cool guy

What do u mean

Pretty sure they say it.

Between 11 and 12 probably, I don't know.

After he gets rused by the Empress

Which is why short-girl-what's-her-face calls him out for being boring since he's still reeling from that rump-roasting he got handed

why was he so buttblasted by that?

He got angry because she used his ego to manipulate him. Basically, his ego got hurt because she pretend that he was someone with talent to get him to do what she wanted.

He thought that he had figured out the play mystery totally, then was told that he was never expected to solve the mystery, only to come up with an ending that would satisfy the audience or something like that. Basically he got the chair kicked out from under him when he thought he might actually have a knack for something at that point.

I think there's an argument to be had that Misaki is the most otaku-pandering character there is. She literally spends the show pandering to a shut-in, while also being waifubait for the audience even while being in a completely self-aware show.

Hell, /r9k/ even has regular ">tfw no Misaki-chan angel gf to save me from NEETdom" threads. If that isn't the result of successful pandering I cannot tell you what is.

The funny thing is that the entire point of the character is that she isn't your waifu and won't save you from despair. So I would say she doesn't pander to otaku if you actually pay attention to the show

People straight up miss the entire point of her character. Misaki isn't pandering in the slightest.

Means there are designated areas for men and women, they do not bathe together.

Also a big part was that Oreki never even considered the motivations of the writer of the movie. It made him realize that he looks at just what's on the surface, rather than thinking about beyond.

The movie arc in general was just Oreki realizing many of his character flaws.

She thought mixed spa bath would be romantic. The women have towel wrapped around them when they do that, guys just use hand towel to cover groin. Yes you do pretty much see all the woman's body shape as the towel clings.

Misaki just wanted to feel in control and superior to someone. Her hikikomori project was just to make herself feel better that she's not as worthless as Satoru.

Really, the anime downplayed a lot of Misaki's true character compared to the novel and particularly the manga.

It didn't, people are just stupid and willfully ignorant.

Thread should have ended here.

>The movie arc in general was just Oreki realizing many of his character flaws.
Which he fixed and that's what helped him fix the Festival mistery.

>Oreki, you're the most amazing person ever, I know you can solve the mystery of what the writer originally intended
>I'm amazing... yeah, I can do this

>Thinks he does it
>Chitanda tells him she thinks he's wrong
>Being that she's his muse basically he's totally BTFO already

>Rethinks everything after the 'battle' is already over
>Realizes he was terribly wrong
>Confronts Empress
>"Yeah I just gave you a motivational speech to hand me a twist script that would stun the audience because the acting couldn't carry the movie. LOL THANKS."

He was not only wrong but COMPLETELY wrong when he was on a high after solving so many mysteries without a hitch. She knocked him down a peg basically.

Well, more like his sister knocked him down a peg. Empress in the end was just another tool too. The true empress is his sister.

I think the anime did downplay Misaki's true character, but it was still pretty clear that she always had her own agenda.

KyoAni's magnum opus.

>Chitanda tells him she thinks he's wrong
Not just Chitanda though.
Satoshi and Mayaka also poked holes in his theory, whereas before they were very much lost compared to him.

Bitchirisu a shit. A SHIIIEET!

I remember Mayaka approaching him afterwards and telling him he was wrong. Wasn't Satoshi satisfied though?

Is it bad that I can hear the "SUMIMAZEN SUMIMAZEN!"

Fuck you. Empress best girl

I thought each of the characters disagreed with him in private because they didn't want to call him out in public, but I may be misremembering.

She did not tell him he was wrong, she just pointed out a hole in his theory but she said it probably was not important in the end.

Oh yeah the rope.

As if!

Ah I just pulled it up.
Satoshi mentioned that Oreki's solution took a page from Christie, when the scriptwriter only read Doyle.

Ah, yeah yeah. So right they all three had their disagreements with him. No wonder he was as assblasted as he was. He missed so much.

Yeah, it's pretty sad watching it happen too, because they come talk to him one after another, just bang bang bang, and he grows visibly more frustrated each time.
I forgot how much I liked Hyouka.

That was Chitanda.

What does she do for a living anyway? I can't remember if they ever mentioned it.

Female Indiana Jones

One of my favorite parts is when Smugi makes Mayaka mad and then the club president runs out with the poster to hang by the door. Very subtle way to show that it was intentional, planned and premeditated as a way to promote the club's activities. Things like this is why Hyouka is better when you rewatch it.

Between 1 and 2.

Smugi?

The smug cosplayer in Mayaka's club that bullied her about there being no masterpieces. Or this

It wasn't just him being manipulated or put down that got to him it was the fact that he was hurting the original writers feelings by changing the interpretation of her script.
He gets manipulated all the time by his sister so I doubt he would get that mad and empress-chan genuinely thought his ending was genuis and would say whatever it took to get him to help.
It's the fact he was called in because empress-chan actually thought the writer was shit, put writer-chan down gently because she thought her work wasn't good enough and went with his idea.