Daily Japanese Thread DJT #1532

Cornucopia of Resources / Guide
Read the guide before asking questions.
docs.google.com/document/d/1pKgBm8Aa58mjB1hYhbK-VOPZsRBTXBuPBzw8Xikm2ss/pub?embedded=true

Previous Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=SlCRfTmBSGs
youtube.com/watch?v=mrfMAYDAnl8
vocaroo.com/i/s1ts4hdR7g4K
vocaroo.com/i/s1oIdqIMp4sa
detail.chiebukuro.yahoo.co.jp/qa/question_detail/q133473758
rocketnews24.com/2016/05/05/742539/
dat.2chan.net/t/res/276448.htm
youtube.com/watch?v=d2FGgYp6mdk
twitter.com/hashtag/断言できる
twitter.com/AnonBabble

youtube.com/watch?v=SlCRfTmBSGs
I grew up off the grid in Vernon, and I saw my parents work hard every day, as teachers but also while farming and building a log home. So from a young age I knew the value of hard work.

first for basically onomatopoeia
運営

ill figure it out, im not your average ham

If I go to Japan will I be expected to bathe nude publicly with Japanese people? Also will they stare at me or bully me for being a foreigner? I have never been particularly comfortable being publicly nude.

Yes. It is common for foreigners to avoid bathing entirely during their stay in Japan for that reason, thus leading to the stereotype of 汚い外人

Well I'm staying for forty months so it's not really practical to not bathe at all...

どんなに困難に会おうとも 

どんなに厳しい逆境でも

真剣にカキコしようよ

youtube.com/watch?v=mrfMAYDAnl8

紙芝居のために日本語を勉強してると知ったら
お前の両親はどう思うんだろう

Hi, I'm translating something to improve my japanese and english (not native) and I'm curious about something I'm currently working on.

The context is: someone is reading an erotic tale from a book.

Now, for example this sentence:
> 耳の後ろから 首筋 鎖骨 肩 吾郎の指かゆっくりと綸子の感覚を鋭敏にして
> 吾郎 Gorou
> 綸子 Rinko

I went with:
> From the back of her ear, to the nape of her neck, to the collabone, to the shoulders, Gorou slowly felt Rinko with his finger... making her sensitive...

I have 3 questions:

1. Is the translation accurate? If I got something wrong, what is it (if you can explain why/how, I appreciate)?
2. Does the original sentence looks more like... poetic, or something from a book? I think it's a bit different from dialogues, but only as it doesn't use too many short forms or abrevs... but I'm not sure.
3. How is the english sentence I came up with? Assuming it's from a book, could/should I do it in another way to make it sound like one?

自慢しておく

don't use ... in prose unless the original material does so

Using ... in the middle of a given section of text in english is considered extremely tacky, people only do it at the beginning/end of paragraphs or between them, or in speech/dialogue

A brand new thread is a blank canvas waiting to be painted.
Let's paint something together DJT.

ボクの精液であなたの顔に描きます

ワレワレワニッポンデアル

If I wanted to ask was their watch expensive, do I say その時計は高かったですか。

>一万年と二千年前から愛してる
>It took exactly 12,000 years for Noriko to get back to earth
hooooollly fuuuucking shiiit

Do I win the slowest fucking slowpoke award ever? I've seen both dozens of times and saw them both at least 10 years ago.

貴様の腕時計なんか超高ええええよなあああ

vocaroo.com/i/s1ts4hdR7g4K

俺より日本語を愛しているヤツははたしているのだろうか

>は
fug i goofed XDD

俺ならいるぜ
何せ自分の命や国を捨てて日本に来たのだから

is it nihon or nipon

vocaroo.com/i/s1oIdqIMp4sa

that would be me

あまり興奮するなよ

nipa~

命まで捨てたのか
死体がどうやってネットに投稿してるのかは疑問に思うけど
まあごくろうさま

Firefox updated without my permission and now rikaisama doesn't work. Should I just stop learning Japanese?

あなたのペニスの長さを教えてもらっても構いませんか?

switch to aurora/developer edition and update rikaisama

私のペニスの長さは五十三万です。

極普通の15cmだけどなにか?

Two questions

>命まで
Is that like "Until you die" or something?

>How do you express "since" in Japanese
Not like causation since but since as in "I haven't been seen him since we were kids"

I'm pretty sure that particular sentence can be expressed with 彼は子供の時から見ない or something like that, but I was just wondering

ホモじゃないけど、たまにペニスをめちゃくちゃ吸いたくなるからなー
DJTで投稿しているみんなのペニスのことを想像するととても気持ちいい

How goes your mining?

DJTからJを覗いたらただのDTスレだね。

Yes to both

None at all, in fact I haven't done anki in 5 days

Probably going to stop it altogether and just read

>覗

dekinai

>Is that like "Until you die" or something?
Even your life
>は子供の時から見ない
yeah but use continuitive form から見ていない

There needs to be a way to disable the stupid captchas that keep bringing up new pictures

Then I am DT.

I had a fucking 7000 card backlog. I have 3800 left and I want to kill myself.

Thanks and I found what I was looking for with the word 以来

Dekinai ankifu xD

Use legacy captcha, I'm positive this picture shit is part of some kind of psychological research project.

what the HELL is ankifu

I was looking for possible differences between 漁師 and 猟師 in pronunciation and came across this, nothing special but a bit of an interesting read and thought some of you guys might like it.

detail.chiebukuro.yahoo.co.jp/qa/question_detail/q133473758

If I download developer edition will all my settings and addons sync? Also how would I go about updating rikai through dev edition?

Someone posted "who is your ankifu?" with a picture of one of the Core2k image girls a few weeks ago. Sakura autist got triggered by the term and now spams "dekinai ankifu" everywhere.

>If I download developer edition will all my settings and addons sync?
Disable the "run dev edition at the same time as normal firefox" setting and you should automatically be placed in your old firefox profile. If not them enable the profile manager (google about it) and you should be able to select your old profile manually
>how to update
google "rikaisama", acquire download link, profit (use your brain)

Were you watching it in Japanese with no subs? How could you miss that?

外人は差別用語
「日本人の上に立つべきお方」か「日本人より優れて遺伝子をお持ちの方」がいいとおもうんですけど
どうおもう?

「日本人より優れて遺伝子をお持ちの方」なら、一番適当な用語は英語。だから「白い輝きに浴びてのオーバーロード」は増しだ。

rocketnews24.com/2016/05/05/742539/

携帯電話やスマホの普及率が1人1台といわれているが、女性用パンツはそれどころじゃないから、まさに誰でも使えるライフハックと断言できる。

What on earth does the diffusion of cellphones have to do with a pantsu ribbon? Is it contrasting the fact that people only have 1 cellphone?

Meh you don't have an ankifu... You are a dekinai

そゆこと言つちやダメですと
"Now that you mention it, they're pretty useless."
I can't figure out what the middle bit is supposed to be for.

It indicates that the person speaking doesn't have a girlfriend.

What's the reason you're staying there for?

I wanted to visit Japan my whole life and now I finally have the opportunity. I'm mainly going there for Akihabara and to buy some manga and light novels. After than I plan on living the dream for the rest of my stay.

Is 言つちや supposed to be some weird form of speech?

dun want to start a fight, but visiting for such a reason is trite

there's a whole culture there besides weeb shit pls enjoy

Cell phones may be widespread to the point where there's one per person, but that's not the case with panties, so this lifehack isn't exactly for everyone.

Why is it?

I'm not interested in the pseudo-deep ancient culture, it's a relic of the past. I'm mostly interested in modern anime culture.

dat.2chan.net/t/res/276448.htm

妹の文字を出せば食いつくと思う童貞w

If you put out your sister's words then..
I dont get the last part

That was my initial thought but
まさに誰でも使えるライフハックと断言できる。

states its for everyone?

>anime culture
>anime
>culture
ワロスwwテラ爆笑

Read his post again. Read very carefully. Now think about why you are responding to the shitposter.

>no capitalization
>dun
>weeb
>pls
>says stupid shit just to get you to reply

I can assure you that's not him wwww
Up your game ぼい.

すれあきは
「妹が」というと
レスもらえると思っているらしい
きっと童貞だ
お前と同じようにね

Forty months is a while, did you save enough money or is it a job/ school abroad program that's helping?

I really want to do the same

Clearly user just can't differentiate small from regular kana

Japan has a great anime culture, almost all people there are otakus to some degree, I'm talking about the relatively young people of course. The entire nation of Japan celebrates and honors Miyazaki movies like national treasures.
He is probably just jealous.
I have enough of my own money and I'm not really comfortable saying anything else. Why would a school help anyone visit for such a long time?

The only other option I see here, based on the words used, is that the author implies you can call for some panties even if you don't have any yourself, making this trick available for everyone. But that sounds a little ridiculous even in the context of an article about tying panties into imitation ribbons.

I mean i see what you mean, but like i said the sentence seems logically incoherent.

youtube.com/watch?v=d2FGgYp6mdk

Look at the previous sentence

Do you really want my opinion? I've not stated this before because I dont want to put words into the gook's mouths but anime/manga culture cheapens and misrepresents japanese culture. Esp now that they export "otaku culture" now, people lack the context for why this shit exists in the first place.

Japanese are Espers

So what is Japanese culture then mr expert
Please don't say things that are historical culture but not really relevant to people growing up today besides as an excuse for field trips

Fuck handwriting.

I based this on the assumption that 断言できる is an expression with more to it than 断言+出来る.
Judging by the hashtag, though, it seems that even as its own expression, it's pretty decisive:
twitter.com/hashtag/断言できる

Would someone more knowledgeable throw us a bone here?

I'm not like that and I know Japanese so it's not a very good comparison. But I love Japan too, I guess that's the only similarity we have.
Are you Japanese? I don't see why your opinion matters if that's not the case. I know that Japanese people enjoy anime even more than we westerners do, it's made in their great nation after all.

>Would someone more knowledgeable throw us a bone here?
Sure.
※unleashes the seal on his penis※
『A giant 80センチ monster makes his presence known.』

I cant claim to know what it is but it certainly isnt anime.

What I can say I would like to do though is:
Stay in a ryokan
Visit a conbini
eat local foods
visit a department store

ofc you'd have to go to the touristy places just because well, from what ive experienced it is worth the sight

Like I said I dont want to speak for the Japanese. Its just my personal opinion and I know it may not represent what Japanese people believe.

desu i think you got it here

Okay, why the fuck does your opinion matter then and why do you think I'm interested in hearing a gaijin opinion?

>Stay in a ryokan
Expensive fancy places that normal people don't really stay in
>Visit a conbini
wow what amazing culture
>eat local foods
yeah okay they have some good food but so does every other country
>visit a department store
wow what amazing culture

So yeah anime still winning

What does visiting Japan for "anime" even entail, except buying merch

I'd do that then spend my time with those train cards going through the country, the scenery is really nice.

im just suggesting there's other things to do in Japan, which need not interfere with doing weeb related shit, no need to get defensive

the rant was just me ranting, just gotta get it off my chest, have had this thought for a while

>they have some good
Only if you like eating rotten 犬肉.

>Stay in a ryokan
>Visit a conbini
>eat local foods
>visit a department store
I'm getting trolled

I don't care about the scenery, I'll mainly be walking around with Japanese people in Akihabara and living the anime life.
What other stuff is there? I'm interested, tell me.

Going over this paragraph:
>here are some types of panties which aren't good for making ribbons
>only normal-type panties will do
>unlike cell phones, panties aren't even something that everyone has on hand, so this is a lifehack for everyone!
Is that guy trying to be funny ?

>I'll mainly be walking around with Japanese people in Akihabara and living the anime life.
Alright, you were trolling then.

i think we are getting trolled, that or its Sup Forums as usual

No, Akihabara is a well known place that embodies the spirit of anime culture, google it.

this is sakura baiting you guys btw

you had a good run m8, i got baited p good had a good laugh.

Not the same guy, but seriously Akihabara isn't even the most interesting part of Tokyo.

Maid cafes are a fun one-time experience that have a big concentration there but there's nothing really unique about Akiba besides that. Taito Gamestation was fun too but the claw machines on the bottom floor are a waste of money. If you like rhythm games you'll like the arcades there.

Other things you could do not in Akiba / the City would be hiking and onsen. You could also go to izakaya and talk to actual japanese people instead of your weeb friends. Have fun user

If his posts are good enough that people actually feel compelled to argue with him he's improving. This thread has had autistic arguments since long before the spammer came along. So if he stops spamming and starts autistic arguments he's just carrying on the thread tradition.

Sure, I'm happy for you. I'll be sure to visit a konbini and department store for the great cultural insight the provide. Fuck Akihabara.
I'll check out the maid cafes, I'm not really into maids but I guess it will be somewhat anime-like. Any other good places?
I believe I've said earlier that I'm not really interested in going to old Japanese places like Shinto shrines etc, I'm not a religious person.