Where did it all go so wrong?

Where did it all go so wrong?

Other urls found in this thread:

desustorage.org/a/thread/140273741/#q140273741
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Watching shonen

To be honest, many points on the right don't apply to neither Kirito nor Shido.

>then
Gary Stu on steroids
>now
just Gary Stu, and steroids are bad

Of them do
Both are weak ass faggots who are saved by their harem members

Shounen characters were a lot alpha back in the day, they were proper role models

>shonen
Nobody cares.

this

>nobody cares about the biggest cash crop target demographic there is

>weak ass faggots who are saved by their harem members
I don't even like SAO that much and I haven't seen the second season, but most of the times Kirito is the one overpowering enemies left and right. He is saved by Asuna twice, and even then he does not stand there like a faggot but actually contributed to the victory.
The "would back down when faced with difficult situation" only applies to Yukito
And I can't see how you can even compare Rito to battle shonen MCs.

But even if all four of them were whiny faggots, you are just cherry picking.

*did not stand

>alpha
>strong
>implying
The original Gundam MC was a mini "I don't want to get into the robot".

/thread

Despite him getting into the robot even when his father said not to ?

>his father
You mean the brain damaged guy who couldn't tell garbage from Gundam parts?

Kirito doesn't fit any of the red points

Check'd

His father who created the Gundams

>Gon and Luffy
>most modern shounen out there
>has all the traits of the left and none of the right
>OP leaves them out because he's a cheery-picking faggot to compensate that he doesn't watch anime anymore

Except for point 4 he fit all red points

reprogramming of the japanese male

People unconciously pick up the things on screen - the manly men of old have now turned into spineless cowards who get scared by a girl's midriff.

Because we shifted from male power fantasy to self insert fantasy. Reading about awesome men just makes them feel inadequate when they look at their own lives.

>Gon and Luffy
>Modern MCs
By that logic then Berserk and Jojo MCs also count as modern MCs

where does battle shounen Kyon fit in?

>this awful thread again
desustorage.org/a/thread/140273741/#q140273741
I guess I'll start us off by pointing out that most of the people in that image aren't shounen protagonists.

Rito on the right shouldn't count as a modern MC if they aren't, take your garbage back to .

Except they all do.

Pandering TV like anime only changes in response to the changes of the people. People saw that beta's sold more so that's what they started to write stories about.

But Berserk isn't shounen
and Jojo isn't modern shounen (when it was shounen it wasn't modern)

None of the modern MCs are manly. Many of them are childish people.

Back in the day, it was okay for the MCs to be overpowered as they commonly acted as saviour to a group of oppressed innocent people, with their plight shown in great detail to set the context.

Nowadays, things aren't so grim dark anymore.

And obviously, men that exclusively require women to motivate them to be useful people in the world are the worst kind of people.

Nigga gets it

These stories started in the 90s tho

By that logic then Goku counts as a modern MC
>Sup Forums posting

>Outlaw Star
>DAL
>SAO
>shounen

yeah but they still dominate shounen like kings (or at least HxH would if it released more than 10 chapters a year)

I remember this one. Is OP going to tell us all to read the thread again?

Kirito looks like a bitchboy I would fuck in the ass while he crossdresses.

Fuck off.

I don't think you know what shounen is, considering you included three out of four shounen MCs on the left and only one out of four on the right.

space dandy most manly man in anime in past 10 years.

Im sick of pussyif mc in anime will need real mc

Forgetting about OP's point, which is either bait or proof he's criminally stupid, he picture of the To-Love-Ru guy makes me wonder:

What would a harem with a protagonist that isn't a wishy washy little piece of shit be like?

The only one I can think of is the Mon Musu guy, who does a decent job of being cool, but he's kind of doomed when he's surrounded by creatures whose could crush his puny human bones like pretzel.

And when I say be a cool guy I don't mean some sort of insecure "I'll rape all the bitches" delinquent chuuni shit, I just mean not being a completely clueless loser like most main characters in those books are.

>as beta as humanly possible
Buzzwords
>weak, not a gram of muscle on them
Yeah muscles sure are useful inside a game
>would back down when faced with difficult situation
Never happened in the slightest
>have no dreams, or gay ass dream like dating a girl or something
Escaping from a death game seems enough of a "manly" goal, and so is saving your girlfriend
>whine all the time, pessimistic as fuck
I don't recall him ever whining or being "pessimistic". Fuck, he even spouts bullshit about how, even inside the game, life was worth living
>girls love them for no other reason than they're "nice", further shwing shallow nature of series
This definetely applies to all the girls, but not to Asuna. The interactions between the two are believable enough, for a self insert fantasy that is.

>What would a harem with a protagonist that isn't a wishy washy little piece of shit be like?
Even worse. What people don't understand is that all these cliches exist because to make things easier for average and mediocre writers. Getting rid of them doesn't get rid of these mediocre writers, it just gets rid of their crutches, so you wind up with absolute catastrophes of sex and drama. Look at some 90s smut to get an idea.

>saofag desperate to defend his shit

Only because they have such dedicated fan bases built up on years and years of dedicated work and fans. One Piece, especially, appeals to everyone, from young children to grown adults.

Cant really compare the fanbase of OP to fanbases of things like SAO

Left as perfect husbando material and a girl he wants to marry. I miss him

because japanese turbobetamax males are also weak puny faggets.

>Escaping from a death game seems enough of a "manly" goal, and so is saving your girlfriend
>saofags actually use this as an argument
When did Sup Forums got so shit?

So what you're saying is that shit will be shit, and ultimately it's the ability of the creators that determines whether something will be good, regardless of what genre and trappings?

>Shounen MCs
Half of them belong to Seinen.

Only one is seinen, but a couple are LNs. OP is an idiot.

these series are constantly being called classic and modern to suit whatever argument but I'll always call them modern til they finish.

when your average modern Jump fan things modern shounen, they're probably thinking One Piece, they're definitely not thinking SAO which isn't even a battle shounen

>left
>good
Nostalgiacucks never learn. Why don't you fuck off back to your Jojo threads and pretend being a faggot is just being "fabulous"

>shitposters desperate to shit on (insert some popular shit anime)

>GTO
>shounen

The fuck? That's the standard toughness of your average self-insert, and the Mon Musu MC is bland as fuck.

Oh come on, that's bait and you know it.

Yes, people like you, the target of that demographic.

This thread again...

>why are good characters from good shounens better than bad characters from really bad shounens?

gee i dunno op maybe you were dropped on the head as a baby

aren't you supposed to be shitposting in madoka threads

The right only has one shounen mc though.

"Shounen" doesn't mean "bad anime", it's a reference to manga for boys, and only Rito fits there.

It went from displaying a role model to what a true man is to self inserting.

Anime was a mistake, because otakus.

The guy from Testament? Issei from DxD?

>literally defending SAO

how is yusuke a gary stu?

Did someone ask for an alpha MC?

he might be but it's not shonen

Yes, and? I don't even like it very much, but that doesn't make every bad thing people say against it true.

The ones on the right arent even from shounen series

To Love-Ru and Mirai Nikki are/were both published on shonen magazines.

Can we have a pessimistic 90s-type character that never does anything correctly and somehow at the end of a fight does one thing right or hits some specific place by luck, wins, and then just leaves like nothing happened?

Maybe Johnny Bravo could come back as an anime, definitely would be anime of the season

Who would play him? There's no Japanese equivalent to Elvis, right?

Thankfully WIT is here to save anime

fpbp

>I don't even like it very much

How to spot the underage: tries to tell you he doesn't like x while rabidly defending x.

Shonen jump MC's:
>in love with food and stuff himself like a pig when food is around
>retardedly optimistic about their dream goal
>airhead and butt of the joke most of the time except the rare moments they enter serious mode
>always acts asexual whether they have a love interest or not
>easily impressed by childish stuff
>book stupid and always gets bad grades
>everyone else is inspired by their blind optimism

Those were an amalgamation of five specific shonen jump protagonist but there are probably lots more that fit under these descriptions.

>A.D 2016
>watching anime

>Rito
>Weak, not a gram of muscle on him

Did you even read the manga?

Bleach,Naruto and DBZ are the definition of normie.

Moefags fuck off

>One Punch Man
>not normie as fuck

What if you enjoy all thr categories?

literally kill yourself

yeah so?

literally no taste

I miss Yusuke, so badass. He might be my favorite Shounen MC

Its because having muscles is considered gay now because of this

Cant a man enjoy multiple genres?

> having muscles is considered gay now because of this

Its been way before Aniki actually.

ERASED is a good animay tho

>Shidou
Not this shit again.

Monmusu-Darlingfags are just as retarded as the fanbase that wants to fuck animals

>onizuka
>alpha
kek

To-Love-Ru is a shounen but not an action shounen.

That would be like putting in the "old shounen MC" section characters like Youta Moteuchi (VGA) or Kyousuke Kasuga (Orange Road) to "prove" how beta and incompetent they were in the past.

What's with all the memes threads lately? Those "this is your date" threads are just as bad.

You would probably end up with a character like Shinobu who possibly fucked most of the girls in his class offscreen and only doesn't bang more because they'd likely kill him

>there will never be a MC as based as Shinobu from Kamachi's hands ever again

Bigger irony is that rito is old as hell so calling it "now" is even more absurd.

Y'know back in my day trolling meant something. Now it's just a contest of who can look the stupidest, most incompetent, or most ignorant.

There might be, js06 hasn't translated much of Blood Sign but I kind of liked that MC, though Kamachi was obviously taking the piss with the harem girl cliches in that.