User, the tea is ready!

user, the tea is ready!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wRAU8veFAVI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

For fucks sake, I asked for coffee. COF-FEE!

What the hell do I keep you useless retard around for?

That's not tea...

Lucy dies

Why indeed.

Could this be the best anime ever made? I think Sup Forums would agree.

Maybe it's just me, but when I watched Elfen Lied for the first time, I had a constant fear of my arms falling off

Nana pls

Is the choir OP song an original piece? Could've sworn I heard a church group sing it years ago

Lilium is an original piece, but the series is named after an old opera song.

youtube.com/watch?v=wRAU8veFAVI

Nyu?

I was amazed at just how little character or plot development Elfen Lied managed to have over 12 episodes. Its really bad when only the first episode contributes anything meaningful to the plot. Also Lucy may be the most unlikeable MC I have ever seen. Every time I was supposed to sympathize with her, I found I only came to dislike her even more. Yet on top of all this the show still has the gall to act as if its some sort of artistic masterpiece, when all it really is is a glorified snuff film.

Fuck that show.

Pretty good, but not that high.

Go back to watching Naruto and leave the grown ups to do the talking kiddo.

Sounds average.

GRWEN TEH

Intredasting

Here's more tea

Elfen Lied is the only anime that i really hate with a passion

may i ask why? i am interested in your opinion.

Because it's over and there's no more of it

The anime pretty much missed the entire point of the manga and tried to take itself way more seriously than it was ever supposed to be. The manga was rapidly switching between fanservice-filled harem antics and ridiculous edge in order to generate laughs at the mood whiplash and subtle dark humor, while the anime tried to play itself off as being a deep mature series with a message.

Lucy, for example, is never intended to come off as being sympathetic or justified in the manga, and the main character outright refuses to forgive her, with the very last chapter casually invalidating the reason for her actions in a throwaway panel right after she dies a miserable death. In the anime, the main character instead forgives her and kisses her, followed by her walking off for a heroic last stand, and a final scene where it's ambiguous whether she survived or not.

Similarly, the leitmotifs of the manga and anime are completely different. The anime has a somber-sounding religious opera song for an opening and as recurring BGM, with the opening animation being based on famous works of art by Klimt. On the other hand, the titular yet manga-only song Elfenlied is a silly and upbeat little opera ditty about an elf hitting his head on a rock while trying to look into a window. While the lyrics can be interpreted as being about the themes of social isolation that run rampant within the series, the fact remains that it's still clearly comedic and not nearly as heavy-handed about it as Lilium and the anime in general are.

tl;dr: The anime is edgy and overly angsty shit, while the manga is actually poking fun at things like that.

Lewd.