Why does GATE get so much hate?

Why does GATE get so much hate?

>mediocre source material
>bad adaptation
>all the CG
>made by A1

Burgerlanders are pretty damn insecure

They just dont know what elves are for.

Because it's just mindless masturbation.

The author doesn't even try to figure out what would happen in his scenario.
For example, mages could easily have been hired to ruin the Japanese's defenses. But that is only a minor item that still plays within the rules.
In reality, what would have happened is that the weaponry would have been blurred much more directly. Any Japanese soldier that dies would get his guns stolen. Plenty of soldiers would sell their weapons (and the knowledge of their handling) at huge prices to the locals.
The Japanese soldiers in turn would start wearing armor, because the reason for the dismissal of armor (the more efficient weaponry of the enemy) is no longer in effect.
But even these things are only minor. There's a lot of things that could and would change, and he addresses NONE of them. He's just having fun parading around his boner for the military and cute girls.

manga>anime

Because it's shit. No plot.

It's a perfect storm of Japanese propaganda, LN/anime differing from the manga and waifu wars.

because NIPPON STRONK
also, the author had such a promising premise laid out, and in the end, it basically revolves around cute girls doing cute things, nip soldiers blowing shit up, harem stuff and a lot of unanswered questions

>mages could easily have been hired to ruin the Japanese's defenses
they were peaceful/scholars didn't want to start shit

>Plenty of soldiers would sell their weapons
And bring the currency back to the real world through the checkpoints? nah

I love me my cute girls but the main cast and story revolving around them is just utter shit. That shitty harem just has to go. The show got 1000x better when it focused on the political side of things.

>they were peaceful/scholars didn't want to start shit
Incorrect generalization based on the evidence that there are mages that do use magic offensively.

>And bring the currency back to the real world through the checkpoints?
Currency?
How about gold? At least that would be worth something on the other side.
Why even go back when you can get so much money that you can spend the rest of your life living the dream surrounded by catgirls, elf-girls and whatever else strikes your fancy?

For the first time burgers get to know how it feels to see a country glorifying their armed forces while portraying everyone else like evil/stupid. Also there is people that hate glorious Nippon like Tumblr, China, Korea etc.

The rest of the world is used to see stupid shit like that though. Personally I had fun watching the nips trying to pull the muh nationalism in anime form and medieval soldiers getting blown away by tanks.

My only complain is that it needed more JSDF Vs mitological creatures.

>he show got 1000x better when it focused on the political side of things.

>look at me I am not a jap. Look at how useless I am
>I am constantly surprised at japanese superiority

>1000x better

Because it's bad, what other reason does it need?

Fucking Japs can't glorify their army only the US can. NEVER FORGET PEARL HARBOR

The other side was too weak.

Burgers/Chinks taking a fucking light novel way too much seriously.

>Those love handles

Boring, shitty characters, garbage premise, propaganda bullshit.

>The only people who hate GATE are burgers and chinks

Holy shit my sides. Nice job trying to validate your taste, anons.

Because it's garbage.
Only otakus who want to escape reality would like it.

Insecurity complex.

>other countries are showing their military
>quick they are evil

So everyone one Sup Forums?

yeah...it stupid any nation on our side of the gate would be happy to force the empires & kingdoms to bend the knee and take all their resorces even if they fought back it'll only take a week at most to end the so called war. you think nipland has the balls to say no to the UN asking/tell them to let other nations build a foothold for "our safty" at the gate hell America or even Russia would want a slice of the pie.

What the heck did you guys expect from a show that revolves around nips wrecking medieval elves and shit?

Just like 'MURICA?

Pretty much. Only mahouka ever triggered me

Good potential premise that goes nowhere and just devolved into a harem.

Elves

Because almost all of the villains are incredibly lazy strawmen designed specifically to lost to the power of Japan's massive dick. The only antagonist that doesn't fit this bill is the warrior bunny queen. She actually has a halfway decent motivation and carries out her plans semi-competently.

It's a shitty adaption of a not that great original work.

Also, the fight choreography was really fucking bad. Like, "10 seconds" of combat actually taking two minutes. There's some room for fudging timings, but it was just consistently way off the mark.

Because Americans think they should be #1 in all forms of media especially their military

>Also there is people that hate glorious Nippon like Tumblr, China, Korea etc.
You forgot Reddit, Sup Forums, blog review sites, Neogaf, Kotaku, etc.

>wah america is not number one
Vote for Trump then. Maybe he can pressure the author to change the story to a more US friendly one.

>Incorrect generalization based on the evidence that there are mages that do use magic offensively.
Incorrect generalization based on the evidence that THE city of magic didn't want to take up arms despite having offensive magic.

what really irks me is that they drew the dragon for 1 or 2 frames, and it looks ok, but the rest of the time its horrible CGI. Even a still cell would have been preferable if it was hand drawn.

This to be honest, I would like it a lot more if it didn't shill Japan so much.

HAHAHAHA

ALl the people in this thread complaining about MUH REALISM, the author didn't think it trhough, muh magics.

The show is just Nanking;the anime. Good ol kill'n'rape. Also much like the Chinese revisionist take on nanking, the show is filled with fantasy and mythology.

Basically JSDF blowing Chinese myths the fuck up.

Does the show ever get as retarded as this?

I cannot think of the words to express how bad that CG is. Every scene with the dragon looks so wonky. Does this animation save that much money that its fine if it looks this terrible. I feel like we are in the 90s of American film where everything was bad CGI.

No, Nippon is stronk the entire time, I loved it desu

how?
were vampires dumb as shit in owari or something, they can't even figure out how to use an attack helicopter efficiently

More.

Post Rorys.

this is epic spicy meme, i saved it.

No, they had a cool helicopter scene where they BTFO of the knights

Truth bomb

That fat dragon was a fucking disgrace.

i didn't realize the series was getting so much hate. The threads the show generated seemed to mean most of Sup Forums liked the show. I had very few complaints, even with the JSDF pandering.

Welcome to post Sup Forums Sup Forums.

>Marathoned the series last night.
Fuck you, I liked it. Also, Hamilton best girl.

It wasn't lewd enough to be as great as the source material.

>discussing the GATE opening in other countries was bannable

Mods didn't help.

Some people explained it better in previous posts.
Lots of Americans want pic related.

kuri

I give you permission to save it my friend

Others want this.

Too much muh nippon I guess.
Like I get it but taking out on three different special forces groups at once like they are fucking nobodies is a bit much. Even if rory did do most of the work.

>we'll never have the gigantic shitfests we had last summer again

Kinda sad, desu.

Rory is literally an immortal demigod. What exactly were you expecting to happen?

To be fair those archers are using bows and arrows powered by demons.

>special forces groups

They weren't spec ops, they were CIA, Russian CBP and Chinese Ministry of State Security.

No problem with rory killing dudes, the problem is the yanks getting taken out by japs and going "I didnt even know they had special forces" or something stupid.

That's stupid.
And understandable, lots of people have hateboners for this series.

>characters travel to another world, with magic powers, elves, bunny people, dragons and shit
>ok
>nips kill some dudes
>HOLY SHIT COMPLETELY UNBELIEVABLE FUCK ANIME FUCK JAPAN

To be fair lots of people really don't.

I just interpret it as that they didn't expect fully armed JSDF at that location.

Less dumb but still dumb. Also only the americans use black soldiers bit and the idea that a five foot nothing girl soldier will willingly charge trained fucking sword and shield wielding soldiers and fight them hand to hand when she can fucking shoot them.

This.

To be honest it usually devolved into

>muh carrier groups
>muh 3 million army

Etc, but still, I've seen GATE threads become pretty much /k/ discussions of calibers and weapons with no bans.

>The show got 1000x better when it focused on the political side of things.

And considering how awful the 'Everyone but Japan sucks' politics were...

Lots of people arent the fucking CIA though.

And the apache can kill you two kilometers away in the middle of the night.

God the show was so stupid. Why did they not follow the manga closer (More closer) and not add stupid battle scenes and alike.

>/k/ discussions of calibers and weapons with no bans
Best kind of Gate threads.

>The show is just Nanking;the anime.

This should be the subtitle.

>Also only the americans use black soldiers bit
Has some grain of truth to it. There might be some black Russian soldiers but obviously not to the point like the US in terms of diversity. And black Chinese soldiers aren't gonna fly, they're really intent on keeping their ethnicity.

Red dragon was the best character.
Look at how far away that wall if from those helicopters though, might be two kilometers.

I don't have it, but does anyone have that screenshot from last summer where a military guy told the story of his platoon binging monstergirls anime and insulting eachother's waifus at the firing range?

Please.

It was an adventure story.

Could have been brits.

And the CIA paramilitary are... better than some special forces. Or a lot of special forces.

UK ain't a superpower on the level of those 3 countries at the turn of the 20th century though.