So what's his story?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dejima
animatetimes.com/news/details.php?id=1462415212
twitter.com/anime_kabaneri/status/712444004520955904
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Who cares?

I do.

He's a foreign technical expert. Like in the meiji era how Japan hired many foreign engineers to teach them how to build shit, he's there because he's there to teach japan how to build shit. Or was, before the habaneros.

Stand back, everyone.

>Invisible cello

Araki is having too much fun with the show, no surprise is turning out fantastic and topping the preorder charts too.

Except this isn't Meiji because there is still a Shogun - most like the Meiji Restoration didn't happen because it's late 19th or very early 20th century. But yes, you're probably right apart from that.

WHOA

Creators thinks it would be omoshiroi to add englando gaijin, because nippon so obsessed with english world

He's here for the REPAIRS.

Probably an alternate universe where Japan never eliminated the samurai/daimyo system

A travelling train otaku who happens to get caught up in the whole shennanigan.

I'm pretty sure someone on the staff or production came across the voice actor/announcer and designed a role for him.

There is a high chance he is supposed to be a foreign engineer out of Dejima.

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dejima

He might supposed to be dutch, but because people with the right accent are impossible to find and for japanese not recognizable as a dutch accent. Instead they went with a heavy american english accent because it is recognizable to japanese audience.

There is historical evidence for japanese hiring foreign engineers during the time as mentioned

To words, motherfucker.

T K.

Anyone else get mad at the swordfighting kabane asspull?

I mean jesus, i hate to say it, but they should have went with a better explaination with it, like "skilled individuals can sometimes retain their skills after becoming a kabane", and not the 'it lived long enough to somehow become proficient with blades"

Most glorious hair yet.

The show is based on Sengoku Japan, not Meiji, idiot. He's clearly an analogue to Dutch, Spanish, and Portuguese foreigners who helped out various daimyo of that era. Most sengoku-period shows feature one or two gaijins.

I didn't get mad, but I was confused. It would make more sense if it was some sort of ability retention. I thought it might have been some sort of translation error.

It's wild, man

I'm fine with it. Clearly it grew physically and has fucked up internal structure. These aren't just zombies, they're freaky disease super zombies. They have some form of cognizance as they knew to jump onto the train as it went by, it is merely mostly instinctual. Trial and error taught him to use swords, I'm guessing most die before they get to his skill level because swords are hard when you don't actually think.

I still believe that everybody says rokkon shojo because someone once heard him say "Rock on Girl!" to the train and everybody loved it so much they wanted to know what it meant and it just stuck.

>4 fucking episodes of "THEY ARE THE ENEMY EVEN THOUGH THEY ARE NOT HOSTILE TOWARD US AND LET'S ALSO IGNORE THE FACT THAT THEY SAVED US COUNTLESS OF TIMES BUT LET'S KILL THEM ANYWAY!"'

i can't fucking deal with this shit
it's like this was written by a 14 year old

If you've spent literally your entire life in fear of something, that fear is hard to shake. Most people lost friends and family to the monsters. All humans lived in walled cities on constant fear. They gave every right to be fearful.

I understand that but it's being conveyed so poorly it's incredible.

not really, they're handling it pretty well compared to most shows and when you think about how little time is actually spent on habaneros interacting with the frightful normies it becomes the equivalent of a few pages in a manga volume.

It's actually preferable, otherwise we'd have an entire episode devoted to it simply dragging out what we can pretty much infer from just a few minutes of the show.

>haven't bathed in days
SWEATY. UNWASHED. ARMPITS

Why was everyone so afraid to give blood before? It's not like Mumei asked to nom on their faces and give them zombie AIDS, just stick a needle in and drip some blood into a bucket...

Oh shit spooky.

Most of these people have never actually met a habanero because most people who see them close up die pretty quick, and the samurai being assholes like real samurai have no interest in educating them either, so that lack of knowledge leaves a lot of room open for superstition and fear mongering. Your average peasant probably couldn't tell you that habaneros can't talk and are attracted by blood.

Forced drama.

She needs to stop being such a unsexy 12 year old.

When will Ikoma stop being green? He looks like he's permanently dying of consumption or something.

He kind of is more than half super zombie you know?

They still regard the Kabaneris in the same light as the common Kabanes; they are monsters that will kill you if they're given the chance.

They fail to understand that the Kabaneris still retain some humanity within them. When they're still sane, they won't simply bite and eat people, but rather ask them to find other alternatives to give their blood, like what Ayame-sama does in the episode.

>They still regard the Kabaneris in the same light as the common Kabanes; they are monsters that will kill you if they're given the chance.
Why? Has anybody ever met a Kabaneri or had one murder people behind their backs?

>They fail to understand that the Kabaneris still retain some humanity within them.
Why? Has either Kabaneri they've met behaved in a manner less than human towards them?

>When they're still sane, they won't simply bite and eat people, but rather ask them to find other alternatives to give their blood, like what Ayame-sama does in the episode.
Yeah, and when hungry Mumei asked the refugees for some blood they behaved like she was asking for a human sacrifice instead of, you know, a blood donation.
Then they acted like giving her blood would turn them into habaneros which goes against literally everything they know about habaneros.

The virus didn't get to his face, but his face is green.

is this show getting good?
haven't watched past ep1 because I don't have much time

It's AOTS, user.

But if you didn't like epi1, I'm not sure if you are going to like the rest since the tone is the same.

I actually liked ep1 and got fucking angry at ep2 delay
but my enthusiasm died off because I was busy

>It's AOTS

How can Kurusu be so based?

He's a >SAMURAI, user.

Are we going to see him and Ikoma becoming friends?

kurusu will become a kabaneri. It's the strongest kabaneri.

He'll probably consider him a good comrade but won't still trust him completely.

He's a typical trope character of action series.

1 = Ikoma
2 = Biba
3 = Biba's boyfriend
4 = Kurusu
5 = Mumei
6 = Takumi

Correct?

Nah. His sword is the only thing going kabaneri.

How does that even work? Why is it the area around the heart is the only hard part that a steel blade can't pierce but his limbs are easy to dismember?

Don't tell me Kurusu was only added for his sword faggotry and they had to bend the story to make it useful?

If anyone is Kurusu, it's number 3.

Kurusu is taller than Ikoma, I don't think he's 4.

I think we're going to see some characters changing their appearance. And after that:

1 = Ikoma
2 = Biba
3 = Kurusu
4 = ?
5 = Ayame (the hair and height checks out)
6 = Takumi

None of them look like Mumei in my opinion.

1 = Ikoma
2 = ?
3 = Kurusu
4 = ?
5 = Ayame
6 = Takumi

Agreed.

An entrepreneur who brought steam technology to japan.

Ayame has a bow, not two guns.

That raises the question: WHERE IS MUMEI?

She becomes a crystal, see GC and SNK.

I think you'd be a lot more suspect of someone claiming to be a half breed if you were actually in such an apocalypse.

Wasn't there also something about them aping humans they see, or did I imagine that?
I kind of dig it, because it means the chobanis in denser areas are going to evolve more ridiculous abilities.

So, we are going to see a Metal Gear crossover in the next episode?

I took this picture from the official website.

Those are from Mumei after she crystallized.

SANIC??
HAYAI

This girl might be 4, whoever she is.

Being only 11 or 12 episodes long, do they really want to introduce so many new characters?

>Being only 11 or 12 episodes long, do they really want to introduce so many new characters?

They're a group set up for S2.

I though it's Inori.

That's Inori. And if they actually put her in the show it would be the wildest ride ever.

>crystal
>not a STEEL wall

There is no season 2, this will be wrapped up in one season.

That's Inori from Guilty Crown, She's the persona vocalist of Egoist.

I want to see Makoto Segai.

This was what I thought also. Just the fact that they seem to coordinate their attacks into wave assaults rather than trickling into battle over a longer period of time indicates that they aren't mindless.

I assumed they were like smart animals which happen to have an overwhelming hunger for human flesh. And it's surprising how much dolphins or monkeys can figure out, given time and incentive.

Fuck I hope so. As much as I want more kabaneri, season 2 would most likely just be shit, as usual.

Where is this from?

There are an article about how they are animating it.
They are saying they are "making up" the characters.
animatetimes.com/news/details.php?id=1462415212

No, the problem has always been the HEART cage - but you need to pen that in order to put the thing down for good. There's never been any reference of structural reinforcement to the rest of the body.

They should just make Egoist anime with Inori as main character, other girls as the rest of the group, and Segai as producer-san.

Ya I agree. Too many episodes will just make the plot progress very slowly but the concern is all these new characters getting the proper characterization is the problem.

I wouldn't mind if this was 22 episodes or something.

Some science in this story is desperately needed. Explanation on the virus and the Kabane's inner workings.

>making up
I love the way they color hair.

that scene with hime giving blood to ikoma felt very biblical

as in the whole event was something that might be a part of a legend that grows unrealistically in time and various religious/supersitious customs are made from it, like i don't know, letting your blood on sunday as a prayer to the ancient kabane-removers

twitter.com/anime_kabaneri/status/712444004520955904
Official twitter. It's a contest to guess Miyano Mamoru's character.

mazuizo

>Some science in this story is desperately needed
They are making a manga, right? Maybe it's going to be more detailed there.

It's obvious enough he's going to be this NO.2. Biba seems like an important role, Miyano even went for the stage greeting when Biba still hasn't shown up in the show and doesn't seem to be a main.

It's actually worse that that. If the world had just ended, I'm still getting everything figured out, and am thus not going to be inclined to assume I've got a grasp of how everything works. Doubly so if there's steam zombies around.

Therefore, if I run into a Kabeneri and the encounter is not-hostile or friendly, it becomes intgrated into my understanding of the situation. I don't know what the fuck is going on, so maybe this guy can retain his facilities.

On the other hand, after twenty years, I'm going to be much more inclined to assume I've got everything figured out, even if I actually don't.

>Some science in this story is desperately needed. Explanation on the virus and the Kabane's inner workings.

I dunno, wasn't figuring that out part of Ikoma's whole shtick? I'd be EXTREMELY pleased if NATURAL SCIENCE and FIELD RESEARCH becomes part of the plot, but I'm not sure we could expect anyone to have all those answers to give us as exposition.

Next episode is going to feature this fun ride.

Looks like a station where the tracks are built up on the walls
Also reminds me of a locale from something I watched in the early 90's. Can't remember now for the life of me.

If you leave your room once in a while you will notice that people, as a whole, are pretty stupid.
Think of how people react to whatever drama we have in real life. Think of all the superstition surrounding ebola, which is pretty harmless compared to zombies trying to feast on my flesh.

They are? Didn't know, sounds awesome.

Ikoma mentioned the Shogonate has the best weapons and so I making the assumption they have a research facility where they experiment on kabane.

His REPAIR was mada owattanai.

Was this it?

Are people really this desperate to be spoonfed? Hardly anyone in this world is putting effort into trying to understand habaneros and even Ikoma, who dedicated his life to studying them doesn't know shit.

Who's supposed to explain the audience what the science is? Some disembodied narrator?

Even worse, you'd feel even more frustrated at the characters for not knowing shit instead of being interested in finding out more. Knowing more than the characters is always exasperating.

Mumei and Ikoma may have the most badass moments so far, but the way he showed up was great.

He scared me so hard, I wasn't expecting him to appear like this.

He showed up just like Mumei disappeared in ep 2, instantly.

Yeah, they were aping humans. Remember the guy who screamed when his friend got killed? The Elite Kabane started making a death scream straight away too. I suppose some of the smarter Kabane do that.

Does that mean he may be infected?

I'd say Mumei is suspicious about that, see the look on her face just after he unexpectedly deflects her shot throw in ep 3.

Becoming a kabaneri hasn't slowed you down one bit

Culturally it's sengoku but technologically it's meiji

I don't think he deflected the shot, I think Mumei was trying to intimidate him, but he didn't flinch and stood his ground, so she was impressed with how ballsy he was.

Specially since she mentions "They're all cowards" later on.