Rakugo

Sup Forums acts as if this anime is the second coming of Christ. I watched this show each week as it was airing and don't see whats so good about it. It had its moments but for the most part it was pretty slow and boring. It seemed more sol than drama.

Not as many people as you think like it. It's just to damn boring that no one can watch it long enough to hate on it. They just forget about it completely.

I think it would be a lot better if you had the same characters and the same kind of development, but it wasn't about Rakugo. Make it about acting in general or something, anything, other than one of Japan's asscrazy traditions.

>pretty slow and boring
The number one critcism of plebs. Don't you have some DBZ or haremshit to watch?

It appeals to females because it's about relationships, life ambitions and shit

I've watched and enjoyed shows such as barakamon and iroha but this was way too slow.

> if you had the same characters and the same kind of development, but it wasn't about Rakugo.
Holy shit. The fact it's about a dying artform populated by nobodies is the whole fucking point. How could you possibly have the 'same characters and the same kind of development' if you take away the entire thing driving all of it?

I'm giddy over seaon 2, Yota is so best.

You just don't like character dramas, lad.

Using buzzwords like haremshit and pleb means that you're infact a normalfag trying to fit in.

This.

I fucking long for season 2 now. It's fucking great that they announced it right of the fucking bat with the ending of the first season

We're all litlle girls here

It's just muh mature anime redditors attempting to hype a shit fujo-pandering show

>slow and boring.
Yeah you're that kind of poster who only speaks his opinion through 'it's shit'. Or other words that have no meaning especially here.
Your opinion can be discarded, and it will.

You can go way slower than those. That being said, slow isn't for everyone.

I decided to try out the first episode a little while ago and it was pretty good. I might give the rest of it a shot.

It was a character driven drama. This in unpalatable by the majority of audiences who crave conflict driven drama. You see this on Sup Forums a lot where they can enjoy shows of this kind.

I personally thing it means you're pretty damn stupid, but honestly my opinion shouldn't matter to you. It's a different kind of show, and in my opinion a far more compelling drama than what anime pumps out on a regular basis. It gave me characters who felt alive and sympathetic. I did not agree with what they were doing but the threads of motivation were visible. I hated some characters, but they were meant to be despised and thus the show accomplished its goal.

It also gave me a narrative with clear direction and themes, a narrator that supplied a nearly perfect amount of narrative ambiguous speech, and had excellent consistency in their pacing (at no point I felt a sharp increase or drop that didn't seem intentional).

The character design, what they did with it, was great. The art direction and music were both surprisingly good. The VAs were perfect in their roles.

It's one of the few shows I've seen in years that I would legitimately say is a great show.

Don't worry, OP. You just don't have a particularly good taste when it comes to anime. Don't think about it too much. There's a lot of other shows for you to enjoy.

Do it, literally AOTY contender

It's not particularely outstanding, but having characters act like normal people instead of anime archetypes is refreshing and probably its biggest appeal.

It's one of those anime you can show to normalfags without getting disgusting reactions.

You have to enjoy the characters to enjoy the show since it's all about them and drama surrounding them, I don't know what else you were expecting.

It was just a really solid story from start to finish with a really nice dramatic ending added in.

Probably my AOTY.

>I hated some characters, but they were meant to be despised and thus the show accomplished its goal.
I would give it more credit than that, even. Certainly with Kiku's flashback arc, I think there is a sense that the viewer is being encouraged to look at the events critically, rather than fully as a participant. This starts with the distancing effect of knowing from the outset how it ends (Sukeroku kicks the bucket, and his daughter winds up with Kiku), which means we are observing to see how the pieces come together, rather than wondering what will happen. You can see a lot of the different social forces that are creating the characters and propelling them into their emotionally toxic situation. At the end of the day, despising fictional people is a useless exercise, but Haruko uses it to comment on their historical environment.

It's not for everyone. I like it, more like love it, but I hate the fanbase for precisely what you said.

Normalfags love to act like their show is better than anyone else's because it's normal and then flame everyone who doesn't like it. It's hard to even have a conversation with people like that.
Don't worry about not getting it or anything, you probably understood everything and it just didn't resonate with you. It happens and it's understandable. Just move on.

I would most of the cast were a bit hate-able to some degree in the show which portrayed the characters as more realistic and believable than the average drama anime.

is it actually BL or is that just what the author wrote before?

It isn't but the fact that this is the authors only non-BL manga means there are obviously traces of BL.

Worst mom ever

Those shows aren't the same as Rakugo at all. They are for a younger audience.

Don't worry OP. Some people are just born with shit taste. Not your fault.

>Normalfags love to act like their show is better than anyone else's because it's normal and then flame everyone who doesn't like it.
Were are not talking about BokuDake.