Is there a manga about IT / programming?

Is there a manga about IT / programming?

Other urls found in this thread:

xuanji.appspot.com/isicp/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Ununchu! ?

*Ubunchu, even

Yes

what decantering means?

Not really manga and not really programming, but there is a manga guides to databases (as well calculus, linear algebra, etc.)

Perhaps there are more in japanese (only a few were translated into english by No Starch Press).

Yes.

literally what hes doing
are you retarded?

There's a manga about Overclocking, if you're into that.

I still wonder if C-BASE was just a name they made up for C for the purpose of the joke

either way I LOVE C-BASE

stop user I'm getting aroused

Can't do.
Have to read SICP

I was just about to post this one too.

>It's a "Sup Forums pretends they are not a costumer electronics by spouting CS 101 memes" episode

xuanji.appspot.com/isicp/

Godspeed user.

Unfortunately SICP is no longer a CS101 thing. Even fucking MIT dropped it.

As for manga there's SE.

Sup Forums might be shit now but it lives on in Sup Forums.

Pretty sure it was a lame attempt by the translator to try to make the joke work in English by making it more like the American baseball sex analogy (first base, second base, etc).

Fuck, I just got my intern into programming, using Berkeley's butchered SICP for Python

did you feed a snake?

Not manga but relevant

Some universities in Germany still use it, most have CS101 in Scheme.
Step your game up, anglo-kun. It's also very dated, I can see why people drop that book, but it's retarded to start with python

>It's also very dated

How?

I need this. I already know C but I need this.

Didactics wise, the compiler and OO stuff can be replaced by another book, using scheme for that is not necessary. Some explanations assume that the reader has no idea of computation, you don't need that in 2016

I still wonder how you can spend hours drawing this kind of manga without laughing your ass off.

I'm wondering how he can draw with one hand so well.

A horse running backwards

Years and years of practice of
>intense sexual typing.

I really want to talk to Sup Forums about programming but it looks like Sup Forums doesn't care that much.

before the faggot mods freak out that girl is a guy

Tell me you favorite language and I can tell you why it's shit for every imaginable use case .

>being this new

C.

Baldr Force? That was about hacking, though, at least partly.

I just ordered this. I may order SICP after working through it.

Shows that it is broken by design with several huge security bugs in decade old, well-maintained critical systems with small code bases, what implies that every pure C code base has several critical bugs waiting to fuck you over. No hope for redeeming as pointer arithmetics break every static analysis and you're stuck with clever tricks you should never have done in the first place.

No abstraction means you have high maintain costs, higher costs to train new people for your project, higher costs for getting the same quality of code as more abstract languages. Especially since you end up implementing/using libraries to emulate their features.

Useless even for embedded systems, use D, Go, Rust or any specialized language for your domain that compiles into C instead of tinkering with it.

tl;dr You miss out on 25years of programming language and software engineering research

Haskell

The whole point is that you build this stuff from scratch, and in a purely self referential way, so you can see how and why it works and what the alternative possibilities are. Learning OO with the prebuilt systems in another language won't be the same.

Where the fuck did this series disappear to? I know it is about a guy who goes into debt because of his parents and then his school's student council pays off his debt and makes him his slave, but I have no idea where the series disappeared to. I have no idea how I even found out about it in the first place.

If you're asking for source you can find it with the image.

If you're asking why no one talks about it, it just wasn't very popular outside of trap fetishists.

Useless for bigger projects because the code monkeys won't understand all the clever concepts, doesn't understand that a programming language is a tool, not a showcase of your category theory PhD, and must be as accessible as possible. Every minute spent on "what funny restriction on Hindley-Milner types does prevent it from deriving the type" is a minute wasted. Use Perl if you want arcane hacks or Scala if you want a usable modern functional language,

this

All this shows is you don't know what C if for or how to use it.

There are bugs in any language, the difference is other languages are so useless they aren't used for anything important so when they break no one notices or cares.

You forgot to put your trip on

Ruby.

>using the japanese rip-off of Python

C makes it easy to produce bugs, other languages prevent overflows or invalid memory accesses by design, C relies on your shitty attention

>by design
Designed to be slow.

>your shitty attention
Stop blaming the tool on its user.

C is one of the least bug prone languages
probably you are confusing it with c++

>muh speed
Compile your high-level language into C and use all the nifty optimizations, just like every sane person

>Stop blaming the tool on its user
It's a shitty tool that wastes energy(read: money)

Java

Rust

>Compile your high-level language into C
Unlikely to be as fast and will probably be bloated.

>wastes energy
So people who dislike C cut corners to save money? No wonder they make shitty programs and then blame C for them.

A true hero.

BATTLE PROGRAMMER SHIRASE can encode mp3 audio by hand.

ASM

>Jojo-normalfags-fags
Jojofags are insufferable faggots, though, worse than normalfags.

>no manga about stock trading

C#

Didn't the S&W author do one?

Java is a cute. CUUUUUUTE!

Get your edits out, lads.

fuck i thought it was legit until this page

>he doesn't write clean and readable code

Who gives a fuck about him encoding mp3 when he can do stuff like this?

Fucking hell, I'm trying to learn programming in C# and it's mental torture. Not the kind of thing you can create a cool anime around.

A best.

Russian.

>Some explanations assume that the reader has no idea of computation, you don't need that in 2016

You sure about that user? Comp Engineering major here: I had to hold a demonstration of my junior project to the newly accepted highschool students at my uni. The most asked question across all 6 groups was "Do I need to know how to use a computer to be a computer scientist/engineer?"

>the editor's note at the end

fucking comedy gold

C
ARM Assembly

Low Level or die son

What's the source on this? I used tineye, google, iqdb and saucenao, but all the results were from either /vg/, reddit or tumblr. I found an extended page from visiting those places, but no title or author.

Chemistry expression used by labs when you separate two phases from a fluidly heterogenous mixture

cuck

Ghost in the Shell you fucking idiots its all about computers and programming you dummies

I bet you're the kind of user that gets extremely upset when you see a jojo reference in your moe girls show