Here are two assholes. The little girl is just there to demonstrate the assholery of the man...

Here are two assholes. The little girl is just there to demonstrate the assholery of the man, she is no longer living within range of him.

You only have one atomic bomb and there is no possible way that you could annihilate both in one blast, so you will need to chose between the two.

So, left or right?

Can I dick the little girl instead?

I choose your house.

Sure, but I should mention that she's not a little girl anymore.

The adult parts ruined this movie.

what the fuck is this "only have one" shit, make more

Honestly Takahata would have been better off writing an overarching story staring the 10 year old girl and worked all the manga scenes into it. The country stuff bored the shit out of me, while the childhood stuff, though not keeping me on the edge of my seat was enough to keep me interested in the character. Then as the movie went on we got less and less 10 year old and more and more country, which is where the movie starts to wear out its welcome.

The ending is nice and powerful, but I wish there wasn't quite so much tedious country life scenes to go through to get to it.

Awful opinion

Maybe, but it's the one I have.

I get what Takahata was going for, but I still feel I would have found it more enjoyable if we focussed on 1966 throughout.

Don't get me wrong, I still enjoy the final product, but I can't help but keep thinking about what we could have had if he had written it like My Neighbors the Yamadas as a series of shorts focussing on 10 year old Taeko and her family shenanigans.

It would have been awful if it was just about a bratty girl and her shitty family. Her being able to look back on those moments as an adult and accept them for what they are is what made it poignant.

Saw the dub of that today.

Best bits were the boy saying it's "dress-up day" as he flips a girl's skirt and the highly believable performance of Taeko crying after her father hits her. Really sounded like the actress was actually breaking down in the booth and they just recorded it.

You would lose so much without the aspect of Taeko looking back on her childhood as an adult. It's that nostalgia that makes the movie special. Not to mention the ending.

>only have one atomic bomb
USA, Russia, and North Korea says otherwise.

Source for pic on the right?

If you thought the country parts were tedious, you didn't get the movie.

OP is young. OP didn't understand anything.

Well I do have diagnosed autism.

As a result of spending your life on technological devices, no doubt. Or at least amplified by it. You should reach out to nature more.

Why couldn't it just be 119 minutes of boys flipping skirts up?

>japan
Can't I kill both with one nuke?

Don't be silly, everyone knows that america made 2 nukes not 1. You could easily get them both.

I let both continue to live their lives as I'm not better than any other human being.

Overrated nostalgiafest. Her father barely does shit aside from the slap and she doesn't care or hold anything against him.

Left did nothing wrong, why would anyone want to nuke her?

>It's that nostalgia that makes the movie special.

And that's kind of the problem. It would be better if the movie didn't need the nostalgia aspect and the childhood scenes were allowed to stand as they are, like the original manga, but were developed more. Instead we get something fairly disjointed.