Videogame Culture Needs to Stop Fetishizing Skill

(((They))) are trying their hardest to normalize anti-meritocratic beliefs.
Why do communists hate anything that requires skill and competence?

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/tjYSf
youtube.com/watch?time_continue=3&v=848Y1Uu5Htk
youtube.com/watch?v=9Dihmeu0bbc
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

They all want to be identical common shits

Here's the article
archive.is/tjYSf

Modern gamer is dumber than a pigeon.
Gaming is dead.

why is this on Sup Forums?

Because (((they))) want to propagandize everything.
Video games is one of the few things they don't have complete control over.
Why do you think it shouldn't be on Sup Forums?

Sup Forums became Sup Forums a while ago.
did you not get the memo?

>that fucking webm

the guy playing it is a game reviewer

That's painful to watch.

glad you posted this, that guy was totally fucking ass blasted on twitter.. and now the rest of the 'journalists' are hoping on the band wagon to defend him, what a fucking joke. on a side note i can't wait to play cuphead, love the style.

a pretty large chunk of pol is here because of shit that op posted. gamergate , digital rape, feminism, gurl gamers, etc.

>gaming journalism again and again
Aren't they dead already?

if they had any personal value they wouldn't be communists.

How can a Japanese guy be so bad?

Fuck you capitalists
Skill is controlled shit to prevent the less skilled from accessing key life essentials
I fucking hate you

Games need to be less like dark souls and more like gone home

Get gud faggot

Stop ruining games.

Begone, Sony fanboy.

times change , there is one of those kids react to videos on youtube , the kids are playing mega man, they just couldn't understand the basic attack patterns of the enemies or how to time platform jumps.

Console fanboy detected

Read Ted Kaczynski's manifesto, his comments leftists are spot on. Basically, they are losers with a massive inferiority complex and want to drag everyone down to their level.

kek every time

guess that's what happens when kids grow up on quicktime events and cinematic rpgs

>tfw anons bitch about stupidity and then proceed to swallow this obvious bait

What the hell does this title even mean? Why do these people speak another language?

Harrison Bergeron: the game.

Literally what?

I lost track with "gaming jurnalism" circa 2004.
Back then reviewers were fucking pros when it comes to the gaming.

What the fuck happened?

>glad you posted this, that guy was totally fucking ass blasted on twitter.. and now the rest of the 'journalists' are hoping on the band wagon to defend him, what a fucking joke. on a side note i can't wait to play cuphead, love the style.

It's pretty fucking fantastic watching how upset these guys are at being expected to not be drooling retards.

Kek.

>What the fuck happened?

The internet. Since the value of a journalist depends on the number of people reading it (instead of how much money people are willing to pay to read it), It means that tumblerinas and NEETS who don't necessarily even play games to control what gets promoted.

>bad graphics but cool story
>reeeeeee want you to make more profit
>shitty sories with cool graphics
>reeeeeee one requires too much skill to accomplish this, i want you to mae it simple and easier
>now bullshit like cuphead or worst, only time will tell

what is the point of gaming if one doesn't have any challeneges? it'd too extremely fucking boring. Seriously, if there are people that believe having skills is some kind of sin, then they're retarded beyond fucking repair, and the same can be said about life, if one doesn't have any goals, which comes with hardships and many minor accomplishments, then you're fucked. this is getting out of hand

jesus christ

It's all paid for reviews with special interest groups subverting gaming culture.

Pigeons are actually pretty smart birds desu

They need to
GiT gUd FaG

can I get his twitter handle?

fucking christ thats bad. I used to watch twitch streams a lot and found myself getting as dumb as the streamers.

>be gifted with the awesome power of flight
>walk everywhere
i fucking hate pigeons

I'm currently learning C# and Unity so I can make a game hopefully it won't be a total disaster

DELET THIS

youtube.com/watch?time_continue=3&v=848Y1Uu5Htk
oh my fucking sides...
looks like a fun game though.

Why are they so intent on killing games?

You have 4000 AAA "hold forward to parkour - mash B to attack" games. Just play the latest REEEEEEALSTIC SHOOTER

Also the Chosen in War of The Chosen need to be harder. REMOVE SNEK!

Many got bored or irritated with games, but have nothing else they can fall back on to write about.

They may not have even really like video games to begin with, but felt like it was fun or cool to do be a video game journalist so they accepted the lower pay to do it. Hell some writers for these sites don't even seem to get paid even while they actively hate most every game they look at.

This is walking simulators became a big thing, it meant not really having to play a game and instead they could just enjoy some quick movie which could be reviewed based on writing (something that 'journalists' like to think they themselves can do).

They are doing this to every masculine safespaces , videogames, tabletops, comics, hunting, they want to get rid of "Toxic" masculinity etc...

Videogame standards have been lowered dramatically. Just like Tv shows, the market DEFINES the demand which is dangerous as shit for the costumer. Basically it's like saying "if we all sell rotten fruit it'd be much easier to keep the costumer happy, specially when we sell regular fruit".

Videogames right now are about clutter hoarding, doll dressing, slashing and shooting. There's nothing else, unless there are some obscure games out there that are the exception.

>just got a repeater execute on Archon King

no they're not
they literally eat puke
they get their heads stuck in drink cans
they don't leave home until they are fully grown

actually that sounds like americans

>282859 [Reply]▶
>(((They))) are trying their hardest to normalize anti-meritocratic beliefs.

In the Zohar it says, "Kill the best of the goy" because the (((Elders))) know that the jewish religion renders its subject at least dumber than the best of the goy and so the promise of 2800 goy slaves for every jew can never be achieved unless the smart-genes of the aryan are genocided. How to find the smart-genes of the aryan in the goy population? Oh that is simple, "Kill the best of the goy".

Jesus christ, when I was like ten and my little sister was like 6, she beat Crash Bandicoot, although it was painful to watch.

marketing caters to the lowest common denominator. there are way more dumbass, uncoordinated sheep than there are self aware, capable humans

Which is exactly why you should stop pirating, and start supporting your local czech game studio.

Repeaters are bad game design. I'm waiting for mods to make the chosen smarter. Hunter was so stupidly easy.

i guess because OP typed ''communist''. that enough for our mods to think its pol related

Objectivity is deplorable to leftist
Sjws want to make non objective computers for their mentally ill

>Why do communists hate anything that requires skill and competence?

Because they're corporatists, not communists, and got their job due to privilege on connections, and then sticking together in their old boys club to make sure that no one without the right pedigree or political opinions can get hired.
The one thing they lack is skill, so they've all come together in a full court press to push the idea that skill doesn't matter to games, as opposed to performing the proper virtue signaling ritual that their corporate masters want to see.

It's not much different then the way SJWs will endlessly harp on minor race or gender issues while intentionally ignoring major class issues.

>Jesus christ
Yeah, that guy most be more autistic than the average Sup Forumstard. Fucking idiot couldn't even read the tutorial to jump over the first obstacle.

Who else here keeps in shape by regularly playing all the 2d metroids over and over again?

The very few games I play are originally bought from GoG. I've got burnt from playing mainstream games for stupid amounts of money to end up with a huge dissapointment.

I have better success rates checking sales on GoG every two months looking for something interesting. If it's bad I only wasted 5-10€.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHAAAHHAHAHHAHAHHHAHAHAAHAHAHAAh

The point of a game is to present a challenge. If you do not like being mentally challenged, then take off the commie flag and read a fucking book.

>Back then reviewers were fucking pros when it comes to the gaming.

Bullshit.

>If you do not like being mentally challenged
It's quite obvious he's embracing his mentally challenged lifestyle.

>mainstream games
Yeah, I stopped bothering with the whole "gaming culture" a long time ago. Just a few things occasionally catch my attention... Besides, nowadays you're way better off anyways buying things for cheap, 2-3 years later, when the fucking game is patched and stuff.. (multiplayer is way overrated anyways. People are fucking retards.).

Gr8b8m8

The guys from the nintendo hotline, those were the pros :D

Jesus christ it is like poetry.

>Something skill based guys like
>Women force themselves into it
>Ruin it because they have no skills
>Change concept of thing
>everyone hates it and thing dies

every fucking time.

>every fucking time.

Look what happened to Battlefield after they reduced skill. Battlefield 4 sucked, and most of the good players won't even play Battlefield 1 because the guns are completely random.

Go post anything about skill on the official forums and see how the trolls who run that place shut the whole thing down. All they want is snipers, and people spamming with LMGs and grenades. And these same people refuse to see why so many people have stopped playing the game.

If you can't understand how games work then you shouldn't have input on games. And this is aside from all the gaming forums preventing any talk of this deskilling, which comes from the same groups as those pushing PC memefaces.

Single mother son syndrome.

>why is this on Sup Forums

because god damn do i want a level like pic related.

>call them when I was a kid to ask if missingno was real, too young and dumb to figure it out on my own
>"No its not real."
>mfw I figured out how to do it
Fucking liars man

OPFlash Cold war crisis. I played that for thousands of hours designing meme battles against meme units with scripts. I still do that in Arma but with better multiplayer support.

I would love to see that retard play an actual puzzle/twitch game like solomon's key.

youtube.com/watch?v=9Dihmeu0bbc

There are plenty of games that require zero skill.
There's no reason to bitch about those that are competitively minded. Way to be tolerant and support diversity.

And all this vitriol is because one retarded game reviewer lacks basic motor skills.

But it's okay. Game "journalists" going after gamers has brought us gamergate and Trump and a global rise in media distrust so I can't complain. Keep at it retards, dig your own grave.

have you played that one game where you watch other people then mimic like a retarded ape becasue someone else told told you to and you have 0 original thoughts in your own head?

deep shit man

THEY DID WHAT TO YOU??? NOOO!!!

Yeah, baby. It has been what, 15 years?, and still rocking. Despite all its flaws, it's fucking amazing, and just never gets old.

>And all this vitriol is because one retarded game reviewer lacks basic motor skills.
I'm afraid that guy lacks a bit more than that.

now this is bait

This is why Sup Forums should should be pro esports
Realizing that there just werent pro dota players was my first redpill

nigga I became a programmer SOLELY because I wanted to do cool shit in OFP

I literally owe these czechs my life

now if only they learned optimization

They denied it for the longest time on that. And when they did say something about Missingno's existence, it was complete bullshit. Probably to deter kids from cheating in their games, since everybody and their mom knows that you can abuse Missingno.

>wanted to play dota, StarCraft and other esport memes
>Join a server
>Get digitally raped and denied by Asian privilege

Never again.

Lol why do you idiots take shit like this so seriously. Nothings gonna happen just because someone wrote a shitty blog.

This board needs a min. 120 iq requirement to filter out all the retards

Skill is how the bourgeois hoard games away from the proletariat.

Probably single child. The two friends I had who were only-children were terrible at games. You always had to tell them it was their turn when playing a card game, and one of them especially just could not get how to play at all. He was the one who was more isolated and had few friends growing up because his parents were overnurturing.

Kids with single mothers can still learn to play games. Their problems are elsewhere.

Last time someone wrote a shitty blog about video games, Trump got elected.

Chinese are equal to euros and north americans in dota skill, at least nowadays

Ever, EVER, paying attention to attention fags instead of just playing the game itself

>dota
>skill
Mobas are games for idiots.

Games lost a lot of my interest when they started holding the player's hand or telling the player what they can and cannot do despite being in an 'open' world.

Most of my fondest gaming memories are from 90's games such as Diablo 1 when anyone could attack anyone at any time which brought about some of the most human interactions that I have had in online gaming because you really had to trust someone to go into a dungeon with them.
Or the original two Fallout games where you could take a sledgehammer and hit a child in the groin with but you did not because you are not that kind of person, but you knew that you had the freedom to do it if you wanted to be a completely evil player.

In fact, the only game that I find myself revisiting nowadays every few months is FOnline 2 which is Fallout 1 and 2 modded into an online game.

You are a prime example of an idiot who should never post

isnt that the nigger who managed to fail the practice level

Try SpaceChem, Underrail or Legend of Grimrock.

this hurts to watch.

t. someone with 128 master balls

Old games are generally shit but I agree that a major problem of video games nowadays is that they try to be movies. Extremely linear, zero impactful choices. But this wasnt any better back then

To a greater or lesser extent, all of these people have internalized whig history in all aspects of human endeavor. If they find something old to be more challenging than they're used to, they'll chalk it up to it being a bygone product of a less enlightened time and move on. As an added bonus, you don't actually need to know anything about history to draw your conclusions like this since modernity is inevitably better.

To be fair, the pigeon video starts later than the video game video.

it's like fetishizing virginity, screeched the feminist

Wow, look at that, another communist infiltrator into a field that is influential on young children.

Where are you dragging these people from?

The faggots at valve and blizzard figured out how to improve their cash machine. 50/50 matchmaking. Let even the worst player win 50% of the time and they'll stick around. Fucking cunt companies.
When I can enter a Dota2 game, feed mid and my team still wins 4v5, you can see just how manipulative Valve has tuned their matchmaking to keep the low iq faggots around in their cult to buy dresses for their nigger characters.