Ningyo no Kuni

What's Nihei new thing about?

Anybody?

I don't know, but the cover sure looks awesome.

Mermaids

His daughter is absolutely right.

Do they live under the ice and prey on humanity?

Apparently they own a country. Beyond that it's hard to tell.

人魚×
人形○

>Puppet Country
Cyber punk Rozen Maiden

>subjecting yourself to another Nihei manga after the way both biomega and knights ended

Nihei is fucking dead to me and his horrible yukkuri like heads on all his new characters and lack of ink architecture and backgrounds can go fuck itself.

Good, less bitching from people like you when we're discussing about his new work.

that won't stop my bitching.

>Implying his change in artstyle won't just compound my shitposting

I wish I could go back in time

His art got better.

Wow this art is so bad. What went wrong? Everything made out of soap instead of spikes like before.

Oh god, is his pissing fetish going to appear again?

HYPE

Where are the heavily inked pages of structures and hallways?
Fuck you Nihei.

>Modern Nihei
>Ink
Choose one

This is hot.

That's all. This is one shot. Not Nihei's next series.

>one shot
Well that's dissapointing.
I hope for the next project that we won't get that white "soap-look" anymore.

Nihei's sci-fi short stories are good. I'd rather read more of them than another long moe series.

The soap art style has to go.

Immediately reminded me of Blame's little bodyjacker. Can't trust those little bots.

But it's trapped in a roach hotel.

I NEED REACTION PICTURES
REACTION PICTURES FROM non-KoS NIHEI SERIES

Well that was a terrible read, dafuq have he done with his art

Unique setting. Mediocre story. Super good art.
Nihei as usual.

>the little bot pulls some sort of Safeguard morph and Pcells everyone into little bits
Its tinyness didn't fool me.

The art would've been nicer if it wasn't just white and light gray almost no contrast.

Wiat what? Will this be a sequel of sort to Sidonia or is he just reusing the gauna-like lifeforms? I wish he used Silicon Life again or at least teh Safeguard

She is from Doll land. Ancient ruin of some collapsed civilization.

What a cruel Ika-musume.

I get to enjoy the works while you continue to be pissed off. Sounds like you're the ones with the short end of the stick.

>Puppet's Disease
>causes one's body to slowly get replaced by machine
Oh Nihei, I just can't get enough of his boner for robots and singularity.

This little guy reminds me of the builders from Blame

What are you talking about?
The art is gorgeous.

Pretty good. I don't dislike his new art style as much as a lot of people seem to, I just wish he would go back to using at least a little bit more contrast. In the case of this story at least though, it fits and makes sense. It actually makes for a good visual representation of the cold, icy world.

Titania was cute in her humanoid form.

The story is somewhat uninspired, humans messing with shit they don't understand and selfishly destroying the balance of the world, so they get fucked up by a messenger of the natural order. The Puppet-disease is classic Nihei robo-fetish masturbation, but it didn't even seem to have much bearing or relevance on the narrative aside from making the MC (our camera for the plot unfolding,) a doomed outsider who is also the last "good" human willing to make friends with the little robo-cutie in bugbot form who sacrifices himself to try unsuccessfully to get an ignorant and selfish society to go green. Or chrome as it were maybe?

>We will never have gritty black heavy Nihei artstyle again
IT FUCKING HURTS

I like him better now.

>not liking that an author actually has more than one style
>not being happy that you now get to enjoy more variety

looks like an excuse to use white and less ink in a way people wont complain like they did in penis harem.

I feel nothing but pity for you
Sidonia went through 2 very distinctive artsyles and i've appreciated them very much, but i miss the old artsyle, it's been 6 years

Why would you pity me?

>That skull
unf

He got better at drawing hot anime cyborgs, but worse at everything else.

It evens out.

Reminder that MC gets with the least human girl of the cast.

Just saying in case retarded Izana shippers who can't read the mood start posting their headcanon fanfictions all over the place.

No, user, you should be the one pitying him for being fixated on the past.

>least human girl
That is a meaningless description in Nihei verse.

Sad.

My thoughts on old vs new Nihei:
- shape-wise things are a lot more interesting, lots of objects and pipes, looks more organic
- deeper shading makes right wall look more "real"

I think the best of both worlds would be if he drew like the left but shaded it like the right.

>I think the best of both worlds would be if he drew like the left but shaded it like the right.
Then it's just right.

The left just doesn't have shading that much. You just see more shapes on the left since not everything is shaded.

I'm pretty fucking hype

If you look at the right wall it's mostly flat, with a few pipes running up and down. The left one has a lot more stuff going on, but it being so bright made it harder to appreciate.

sure, he's a lot more refined, but there was a certain grittiness to his older stuff that went very well to no-nonsense stories.
Abarra will always be a favorite short by him for me personally, even if the plot and characters was kind of weak.

Smoogy a shit, Nihei a shit. Hoshijiro best girl, Benijiro best gauna.

>female MC
into trash it goes.

>Hoshijiro
The closest thing to a human girl love interest got trashed asap.

>oneshot

Where did it all go wrong?

you mean right

>Dat Zettai Ryouiki

Reminds me of Incal.

he added dialog

>derpy looking edgelords
>cute, good looking characters
i'll take number 2

MC says Boku. So it's a he.

stupid little kid is always wrong

>even more white
>even fewer full lines
>average/weak setting, even by generic fantasy standards
>increasingly worse character design
hahahaha nope, back to Blame and Abara I go

you know, you would think after the extreme failures of Biomega and SnK, Nihei would realize that his current "style" is garbage; he shouldn't have tried to fix what wasn't broken

>extreme failures
Source: your ass

Was Biomega a failure? His art style changed drastically in that series, but it was pretty solid overall, imo.

SnK was by far his most successful series