What was his fucking problem? Also no 20th century boys thread ? Fixing that

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=n6fMWguYVME
youtube.com/watch?v=JB6WZu8IAZg
youtube.com/watch?v=epC71UrPcgg
youtube.com/watch?v=Cb326FOEF6U
youtube.com/watch?v=AE9qPRIt1vU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

After timeskip the series had too many nonsensical elements (like the perfect simulation of Friend's childhood) and the end the series dragged way too much, especially everything surrounding the second Friend.

Those are my only two complains. Besides them, this manga is one of the greatest fictional stories I've read.

>What was his fucking problem?
For once this is a valid question. Friend's motivations both of them are fucking stupid.
And I have no idea why so many people went along with his childish stupid plans, especially during the initial stages before he gained influence.

Yeah it kind of went downhill after the timeskip. Also the storylines regarding the robots were preposterous and over the top .

Anime when

Maybe next year because 2017 was when it ended or whatever

Didn't like it at all.

The motivations were puerile and some of the plans were too over the top. That's why Monster was much better than 20th Century Boys.It would be better if it had ended sooner .
But this song is great.
youtube.com/watch?v=n6fMWguYVME

ITT: Overrated shit.

I don't even remember his or their motivations. All I know is that Friend has an awesome design.

Who would you cast in the inevitable Hollywood adaptation Sup Forums?

Pleb please

>inevitable Hollywood adaptation Sup Forums?
This series is WAY too Japanese for Hollywood to adapt

Pretty much, Monster has the best chances to get adapted into a movie. But even that won't happen because you would need to make it a trilogy to even scrape a tiny amount of the story. And a trilogy would be too risky.

Anime adaptation is going to be the new trend in Hollywood.The upcoming adaptations are Ghost In The Shell,Akira,Death Note , Naruto,Bleach,Voltron.

Probably depends on how GITS dose.

Keep dreaming, they'll give up on that once they see how GitS performs.

Guillermo Del Toro has been trying to make a Monster tv show for 2-3 years.He pitched it to HBO at first and it was supposedly greenlit .But recently he has said that HBO rejected it ,so he is in talks with other networks.

Nolan will produce Akira and may even direct it.Also Leonardo Di Caprio is attached to it .If Nolan directs it , the movie will probably be a blockbuster and normies will eat it up..

It made sense when Friend was the leader of a small group of fanatical cultists but when whole countries and religions began to all eagerly aligned themselves with him just because he happened to "save the world" once under incredibly dubious circumstances I just couldn't take it seriously anymore. Along with magical girl, invulnerable Shogun, a second book of prophecy, and everything after the second friend reveal.
It also felt like the author was stretching it out for whatever reason.

Pre time skip 9/10.
Post time skip 5/10

source: my ass
the akira movie meme is older than 90% of the people on this board.

You know in your heart that it will eventually happen because so many powerful figures in Hollywood are attached to it.

That is the exact reason why it will not happen.

I'm not holding my breath for Akira.

It really all comes down to how GITS is going to be taken by your average pleb movie goer in the west. It's either going to start the trend or knock it back another decade or so like DB evolution did.

This. There is no way that nobody would have investigated Friend. The CIA, the Mossad and the media would have been all over his shit, I don't think most of the world would believe the words of a childish Japanese Man that wears a weird mask and leads his own cult that conveniently had a cure to a disease without telling anyone.
ESPECIALLY since the claim that some random middle-class Japanese guys lead by a NEET with no connections whatsoever somehow managed to create and spread a virus all over the world and create a giant robot is fucking ridiculous. Even that dumb teenage girl thought it was weird.

What is Naoki Urasawa's best work Sup Forums? Monster or 20th Century Boys

Pineapple army

>What was his fucking problem?

He was basically the bullied kid who shoots up a highschool. Only he had the means to do it to the entire world.

I greatly enjoyed both Friends as characters, but the plot went off the rails later.

In my opinion 20CB > Pluto > Monster
I'm gonna read Billy Bat when it's finished.

Nah Monster is better.

I haven't read it.
>20CB>Pluto>Monster
Not so sure about it.

was there ever a official translation for this? cause i remember the scanlation i read started out fantastic but then turned into some Duwang bullshit for the last two books.

Yes, it got an official translation. It's just that it's rare for the official translations of anything to be posted anywhere online.

viz released them. I actually bought the majority of them since it's my favorite series.

As for Friends motivation (the first one. the only true one), I see it as an extension of the kids in school who get bullied to the extreme and decide to take matters into their own hands.

Some shoot up schools, some kill themselves, Friend decided to take over the world and remake it in his image.

20CB > Monster > Pluto > Bat > Pineapple

What was up with Friend's fascination with Kenji?

>ITT: Overrated shit.
This desu. Remember it dragging on for so fucking long and half the shit made no sense whatsoever.

I sort of understood Friend's motivation, but I didn't understand the motivation of all of his followers. Some were youths looking for a purpose in life, but a bunch of them were rich and powerful people who you'd think wouldn't follow such childish and evil plans.

They wanted to take over the world. What's not to understand ?

Daily reminder Friend is our kami-sama:
>pro NTR practitioner
>legitimate esper

The part in which they risked their careers. Also the part where they want to destroy the world and kill billions for no reason.

Sharlto Copley as Friend
Michael Cera as Kenji

the golden part is where they slowly revealed to be survive

still dont get it? who is the 2nd Friend? the true esper (who hangs himself but survive)?

i agree. (well, except for the shit part)
urasawa isn't very good at plotting shit out. it's like he just makes it up as he goes. haven't read pluto yet but monster and 20thCB are like that.

well it's still entertaining and there is value in that. it's good to have mangaka that dare to tell big stories.

He's the 20th century boy.

What does it even mean ?

youtube.com/watch?v=JB6WZu8IAZg

is Billy Bat any good ? is it better than Monster and 20th CB ?

Kenji was the force binding the whole group, everyone's favourite. It is no wonder a person away from the spotlight developed some sort of complex towards him.

That makes sense. But who was 2nd friend?

MUH BADGE

Pic related.Take that as you want.

Do you think they will ever make an anime of 20th Century Boys ?

is not shit but it could have been way better, 20th century boy and Monster suffer from the same problem they drag on for waaay too long they have to introduce wacky bullshit to keep going

Urasawa is still the king of intrigue though

>Also no 20th century boys thread ?
Why would there be?

It's shit because of the timeskips. I couldn't even finish it.

Because it is one of the best mangas of all time.Also Urasawa is the best mangaka.

Monster was plenty over the top too.

>mangas

>mangas
Too obvious.

If you unironically enjoy 20CB you probably have less than 300 manga completed and have literally no taste.
Same for Monster. Pluto is only excusable because of Astro Boy is good.

Fukubei(the real friend) was never bully. He was a narcissistic child who yearn to be the center of attention and lavish on praise. That is why he was jealous of Kenji, the center of his class and try to one-up him by his psychic power hoax. No one care about him however so it developed into obsession to gain power and influence, as well as putting Kenji in his place.

I sometimes wonder about this. Like, does Monster get praised because people have never read any sort of serious-tone manga before?

damn you are so special user! so cool.

>he dislikes something popular, he must think he's special

What's wrong with mangas ?

Monster is praised because of Johan, when in fact the dude has super powers and does unrealistic stuff in a "realistic" setting.
Urasawa is good in creating atmospheres and the plebs get drowned in it, so they lose any sight or criticizme

You can't deny that he is the best mangaka of all time . His stories are far superior than other mangas.

You need to read more manga user-kun

I know. Recommend some patrician manga user.

Kimi no Iru Machi

>Kimi no Iru Machi
But user it looks like paedo moe shit.

Do you think we'll get a nice deluxe rerelease like Monster?

Monster is GOAT.
youtube.com/watch?v=epC71UrPcgg
youtube.com/watch?v=Cb326FOEF6U
youtube.com/watch?v=AE9qPRIt1vU

Monster is horse shit.

>best mangaka of all time
there is not such a thing in medium with so many genres

Get this hothead out of here. If Monster is shit then every other anime is even lower than shit.

Fuck off to Sup Forums.

Precisely
Most of the people offended by "2deep" manga eat that kind of stuff up praising it as the second coming of jesus

Moefags are truly cancer (this coming from a SoL fan)

>Monster
>2deep
Is fucking Sherlock Holmes 2deep?

But you have to admit that they are the ones keeping anime alive.