Ok, before I get too into the rest of this series, does this chick ever find out anything about her powers...

Ok, before I get too into the rest of this series, does this chick ever find out anything about her powers, or at least that the people around her aren't normal? Because if not, I don't think I can take much more of this.

Oh fucking kek
I recommend suicide

No, and the story ends in the middle because the author of the books couldn't finish them and the anime studio got angry with him.

It's still a good watch (especially the first season and the film), but don't expect a satisfying ending.

Maybe one day the anime will be finished.

It's just, I feel like I just want to punch through the screen, grab Haruhi by the collar, and tell her something of the truth. I hate keeping secrets from people, and watching this makes me feel like I'm doing just that, somehow.

She didn't really have any powers at the end, Kyon turned out to really be god and could bend reality to his wants

The whole premise is to prevent her from finding out the truth. I think someone even told her once, but she refused to believe it. She wants unnatural stuff to exist, but deep down she knows that shit isn't real, but she is god and therefore it exist. Don't bother, story is never going to finish, it's one of those light novels where the author just stops for some reason once it gets an anime and becomes popular.

This is the central frustration that the plot revolves around.

I already know that's just a fan theory, and it makes no sense to me.

Thing is, I see a bit of myself in Ms. Suzumiya, I want my world to be interesting. I understand her. Seeing her surrounded by her dreams, but unable to touch them, that just kinda kills me inside.

Well holy shit, he actually wrote a book two years ago, too bad no one really gives a shit anymore.

I want to fuck the bunny

>the anime studio got angry with him.

The fuck kind of rubbish are you spouting

What? proper fuck?

Yeah, Kyon tells her everything on the show at one point and she thinks he's fucking with her.

>2016
>now watching tmohs

but yeah, haruhi is an insufferable cunt she makes my dick hard though. The series is fairly decent overall.

If she did find out though would her mind be able to cope with it all?

She doesn't.
I love her all the same and she's worth everything.

cope with it? sure. Doesn't mean shit wouldn't end terribly. You see how much of a tyrant she is with the limited power she has, imagine what she'd do with the power of a God?

Ok, well to me, it's just frustration.

And not only that, I feel on a meta-level it's teaching the Japanese teens who watch this to be afraid of the truth; that the truth can hurt; that the truth can destroy.

It is my firm conviction that in the long run, only the wicked are hurt by the truth; only the evil are destroyed by it. Ignorance is a chain which keeps people in bondage. Only the truth is liberating, and the only liberation is truth. Shit like this teaches people that there are reasons to keep the truths of our world a secret, that if the national security apparatus classifies something, there must be a good reason for it, and we should shut our mouths. That runs counter to everything I believe in.

>the story ends in the middle because the author of the books couldn't finish them
For real? with how popular Haruhi is I thought he was going to milk it forever.

>how popular Haruhi is

*Was

He's still working on it as of 2013, when the latest short story was pubblished.
The series hasn't ended, some anons just can't wrap their heads around the idea of an author taking five years to write a book.

This happens to all authors once they make it big, they slow down to a snail's pace because one of the major motivations to write (making a living) is no longer an issue.

So, broadcast or chronological?

Chronological, but with the "S2" episodes fitted in chronologically (in other words, don't watch the new episodes after S1), and then watch the movie.

Your chances are:

1.- Watch in in the order the stuff is supposed to happen, straight and simple.

2.- Watch it in some random bullshit order used for the original broadcast because the executives thought it would make them kewl and edgy.

Seriously, always chronological for all series. Anybody who says broadcast is a special snowflake wannabe, a sheep, or ignorant.

If you really want to pretend to live ten years in the past, watrch the broadcast. Have fun not experiencing how the novels were originally written and missing some of the best episodes and a whole movie.

Broadcast only works for s1. If you're going to watch everything go chronological.

Oh, whoops, sorry. Posted the wrong bunny

Broadcast. Can rewatch chronological later.

>missing some of the best episodes and a whole movie.
How do you even manage to do that? Movie comes last in any case.

It's just one of those things I've never gotten around to. Especially since I didn't get into anime until well after it aired.

Literally nothing happens.

I like this theory better where Kyon and Suzumiya are both god. God wanted to have fun being both, so he made it reality. Hence why Kyon never questions to much his place in all this

FUCK YOU

YOU RUINED EVERYTHING

what

I want to marry the bunny

Would Haruhi be a good mom? I know that she likes kids and can cook really well

>kek
Kill yourself.

Skip to the endless eight arc. It explains everything but it does start out really slow. Its all important, trust me you wont regret it. All your questions and more get answered.

Nope, drop it
Its overrated shit

she does find out during the movie actually

It wasn't overrated back in '06. It just seems like it is now because its been surpassed

You are probably right, I watched it around 2013 after all

>implying it's been surpassed

Yep, that'll do it.

It's still an excellent example of its genre; but really what it introduced in terms of animation has become the norm, and the story has been done to death. Although it still has a special something which I still think is worth a S3 or sequel. Shame it will never happen.

You've got a good eye.

I don't care for those older designs with the eyes so far apart

The story has been done and redone, but in Haruhi it's well written and executed.
Also, Disappearance.

What show surpasses Haruhi?

It's worth the watch but if that's the payoff you're expecting it's not what you're going to get.

I marathoned through endless 8, it wasn't that bad. But I'd imagine waiting a week for each episode would be painful in the original run.

Also, long hair Haruhi is best Haruhi.

Tanigawa seriously believes human have a limit of how many words than can write and he think he's reached his.

I watched it chronologically (mostly because I downloaded a torrent that was like that and I didn't know better) but there are benefits to watching it in broadcast order. I can't speak for Haruhi because, like I said, I watched it chronologically, but I watched Jinrui in the "messed up" order and I get why they did it. Sometimes stories are have more impact when told backwards, and sometimes telling a story chronologically will result in it having its climax early or whatever and then have a boring end.

Well then, having completed the first season, I might have to put off completing it until the eventual day when there is some actual resolution to the story.

Like I said, I just don't like masquerade stories, unless at the end either the secret being kept is eliminated, or revealed. I just can't keep watching Haruhi get deprived of the one thing she wants in life by a bunch of people afraid to tell the truth and led by the definition of a beta male.

that's the worst excuse for writer's block i ever heard.

Does he just not sign for things? This has to be blackmail of some kind, nobody this retarded can be real

The point is that she shouldn't learn about it because that'd be too easy. She loves supernatural but has to accept it doesn't exist in her world, while Kyon loves his normal life but has to accept the bits of supernatural he has to take part in. Haruhi learning about her powers doesn't make for anything interesting in the story, and it's heavily implied she knows at some level but choses to ignore it

This is just a meme based on something he said taken out of context, he said he was writing the sequel 4 years ago

Go keep watching, it's truly the best pachinko franchise out there.

>4 years ago
I suppose he's said nothing since then

good guess
he released a short story 2 or 3 years ago but that's all

>mfw Haruhism
>mfw I spent so much precious time/cpu space/real money hoarding haruhi shit
>mfw endless 8
>mfw Haruhi movie is still rotting in my backlog

Not really proud of those days. But I only have myself to blame.

>cpu space

Watch the movie for the good old days

Maybe he has some type of Haruhi rainmeter going on at all times.

>best pachinko franchise
>Not Kaiji or FotnS

>Has to accept that it doesn't exist
But we already know it does! Why does she have to accept a lie?

I didn't say it had to happen right away, I was suggesting it would be a good way to close the story. But sadly, it looks like it's become a milk cow that's escaped the dairy farm.

Season 1 chronolical is pretty damn boring though. They did broadcast order because it was more exciting, like in Starship Troopers where they started off with bugs killing everybody and then cut to the boring set-up.

The bunny suit is a gift to all mankind.

Because there's no supernatural in real life and it'd be way too convenient to go "you want supernatural? Oh yeah it exists and you're God have fun". That's the point of the Melancholy arc too, she chose the real world. Anyway, she learns about supernatural at the end of the story, we know that because of a flash forward, but it's not the focus.

Haven't seen a Haruhi thread in a while. Did we ever find out what her butt smells like?

Yeah, smells like peaches. Or was that her general smell? Not sure been a while

I want to be the bunny

Why would you want that?

the series died when the main voice actress was outed as a slut

Who cares? She played a slut.

Haruhi only has her eyes on Kyon. There's little things all over the series.

I don't get why Japan cares about this shit. I guess I see the logic with the whole idol purity thing but a fucking voice actor? She isn't the character and the character isn't her. She gets paid to read words into a microphone while pretending to be feeling certain things.

I hope you realize the "they won't do another season because they can't use the slutseiyuu" is just a meme. She voiced Haruhi in the Yuki spin off.

>Because there's no supernatural in real life
But this isn't real life, it's an anime, and in that anime's universe, supernatural shit exists. It's as plain as the fact that three dimensions exist in our world.

>it'd be way too convenient to go "you want supernatural? Oh yeah it exists and you're God have fun"
See, I think of it from an entirely different angle. She wants to experience the bizzarre because to her it's fun. Is it really so fun when an idle thought of yours can endanger the whole universe? Who was it who said, "Even a god finds it hard to love and be wise at the same time?" If we establish that she's already chosen reality, now the burden becomes keeping that reality intact. She couldn't actually make much use of her powers, because she would know that would risk unraveling the delicate fabric of the universe. And she may get good grades, but I doubt that she knows enough theoretical physics to be able to put that universe back together again.

Hey anons, just another user from a few months in the future here. Just wanted to let you guys know that you shouldn't waste your time getting hyped for this, nothing happens.

Here's the problem. If Haruhi realizes she's God, she'll have fun for a little while. But because she's precocious as all hell, she'll very quickly become bored with her new powers, and, realizing that there's literally nothing interesting left in the universe, and then probably restart the world in order to force herself to forget about the fact that she's god. Haruhi is constantly searching for the new and exciting, so if suddenly nothing became new or exciting, she would instantly wish for a new world.

she's 14

16 at the start of the books, 17 in the latest books

Wouldn't overcoming that though make for a great finale? Hell, I'm precocious, but I still think we live in an interesting universe. If the point of the Melancholy arc was her accepting "the real world", then perhaps the next stage is her embracing it. Bam, classical bilingdusroman right there, with a sci-fi/fantasy Japanese twist.

That's kinda old by Sup Forums standards, just sayin'.

Then go read the novels dumbass

Someone said they're still not done?

Ok, at least tell me this, does Haruhi, in any of the canon published so far, get to have anything she would consider unusual happen to her? Does she get any joy from the atypical? Does she get to do things that others don't get to do? Just once?

Eat shit and die please.

She saw kyon after the time travel to the future, and then saw the other kyon. She didn't freak out so obviously she knows.
Kyon appeared on her bedroom like it was nothing and she didn't freak out, even in her highschool years, she knows.
The plot twist is going to be that she knew he was john smith from the very beginning.

"John Smith"?

In the last LN volume it's implied she learns about it at some point between high school and college.

I guess you haven't seen the anime or read the books/manga. Watch the first episode of season 2 (It's called bamboo leaf rhapsody if you get lost with whatever order), it's okay, you don't need to previously watch anything and it's a very good episode to get hooked onto watching this.

I think you don't understand what this is about.

I've seen the first season, chronologically, I still don't remember any John Smith.

I bet you're one of those faggots who suggests reading The Chronicles of Narnia in chronological order.

Whether or not the original story was set up in chronological order, the series producers designed the episodes of the anime to be watched in a particular order, and that order is broadcast order. "Episode 4" is literally the climax of the series; everything after that is falling action.

So ask yourself: do you want a series that builds and climaxes on the last episode you watch or the 4th episode you watch?

So what is it about anyway? The crushed hopes and dreams of a child?

That's why I said S2. But yeah, my bad for assuming you were new to the series.

Usually airing shows out of order is a way for the networks to kill them. It's never done for a good reason. There are network politics in Japan all the same as there are in the US.

She's not, but even if she was I don't see the issue.