Who here got into anime because of a show that is actually good?

Who here got into anime because of a show that is actually good?

Same.

>Rurouni Kenshin
>Characters are about to fight
>But wait they expend several minutes talking
>Now they are about to fight
>No wait first they talk about their secret ultra special move, any bystander needs to act surprised and repeat the name of the secret move at least once
>Ok the fight started but not without the opponents internal monologs giving you a detailed description of what is happening along with their personal opinion

In the end they expended more time talking that fighting. Is like a fucking infomercial.

The atmosphere puts Aria and similar SOL's to shame.

Nope I got into it because of naruto and dbz + db

I just recently have read Rurouni Kenshin, and this manga turned out to be the most fedorable thing I've ever read. All memes were there.

Kenshin struggling to not become an edgylord.
Hajime jerking off to glorious nippon steel.
Fights full of hayai and *teleports behind you*
Author blogging about himself in the middle of the manga, and he's permanently wearing a fedora.

And Kenshin couldn't stop lecturing his opponents and speaking in name of people he didn't even knew.

I think I started with ronin warriors. I thought it was pretty great at the time but I don't know if it holds up today. I haven't watched it in like 16 years probably.

Trick Question OP. There are no good Anime.

>fight happens
>still frames with sword slashing effects
>fight is over

Pretty much every samurai play ever.

Righto

does this count?

I was woefully misinformed, because I thought mos of anime was like this. Man aside from a couple of exceptions, most of it is pretty repetitive and bad.

Somebody didn't watch season 2.

just like all other forms of entertainment

i remember it being good i guess ?

>shonen anime had lengthy exposition
Compare to other anime from the time, Ruroni Kenshin did it preety well

My gateway anime was Darker than Black. It gave me false expectations of what anime was like before I saw other shows because it made me believe that the average anime is completely incomprehensible but still kinda cool.

Remember when Toonami was fucking amazing? DBZ, Yu Yu Hakusho, G Gundam, Rurouni Kenshin. I'd come home from school and just veg for two straight hours.

And then Adult Swim was Cowboy Bebop + Trigun. Those were good fucking times to be alive.

>anime
>good

Everything before the age of moe/circa-2000 was pretty good, though. Now it's either waifufag or moefag shows with good stuff coming once or twice a year.

right here

Hellsing: Ultimate
Does that count?

Last time I see this was back in 1994.

Mine were not even remotely close to being good, unless you count Digimon and the first season of Pokemon that I watched as a kid.

I started watching because i wanted to watch dragon ball z, but i realized i'd missed something, and i found out dragon ball z was actually the second part of the series. so i watched the original Dragon Ball anime. it's still the best anime i've seen.

There were a couple that I've seen but this was what really got me into it.

Why does pretend to be a man? I tried to watch this show, but no one even mentioned "his" voice or "his" feminine face.

>lolol it's aREVERSE trapxDXD XDXD
X
DX
DX
DX
DX
D
XD
XXDXDXDXDXDX
REEEDDDDIITITITITITI

I had known of anime on and off and saw many shows on Adult Swim / original Toonami. Lain, Paranoia Agent, Cowboy Bebop etc all made marks on me as a teen yet somehow I didn't actually get into anime (as in seeking it on my own) because of them.

What actually anchored me was fucking Lucky Star. I had no idea what moe was, and coming from my almost-non-existent anime knowledge the show absolutely blindsided me and became my god for a bit; it was like suddenly being able to see a new color or something. I'd imagine that whatever show popped your moe cherry (or should I say nutbladder) and opened your eyes will always be the super-important special one to you; Lucky Star is that show for me.

I got into anime seriously mostly because of Death Note and Samurai Champloo. It feels bad to start with the best because then it will be hard to find anything you enjoy as much as that. It would be much easier if I started off with some pleb anime like Yu Yu Hakusho or Dragon Ball Z.

I mean I'm not going to say dragon ball is bad, but is it really the best you have seen? I find that hard to believe assuming your not a newfriend

Eureka Seven

>Death Note Samurai Champloo
> the best
>Yu Yu Hakusho
>pleb anime
is this bait?

That is why Trust and Betrayal will always be the best Kenshin-related anything ever